Passive and Aggressive

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

debbiejo
Generally there are dominates in one area or another in a persons personality; Passive and aggressive.

How would you generalize yourself and why do you think you are.
Give examples.

Some personalities/people feel the need to overcome what they are comfortable with and feel pressured to do the opposite. Why?

What would cause you to come to the conclusion to look outside your comfort zone to express these opposite tendencies?

What benefits can you gain by expressing something outside your comfort space/zone.

Maybe this topic needs to be in the Philosophy forum. If it needs to, then please more it there.

Mods. please make a correction on my spelling of aggressive on the thread title.....Thankies.... big grin

Schecter
Originally posted by debbiejo

Mods. please make a correction on my spelling of aggressive on the thread title.....Thankies.... big grin

you're special

Rogue Jedi
someone has to be the b1tch.

JLred
i've been single my whole 16 years of life....i was raised a geeky geek

chithappens
I'm gonna bump this cause when Czarina post here it will be nothing but laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing for the whole gang.

And I plan to answer later also

Da Pittman

Victor Von Doom
Generally there are two parts of each 24 hour period, day and night.

Which one is it now?

Also, Coke or Pepsi?

inimalist
I don't believe personality traits are situationally static

Vathu
Generally there are dominates in one area or another in a persons personality; Passive and aggressive.

Give examples.

Some personalities/people feel the need to overcome what they are comfortable with and feel pressured to do the opposite. Why?

What would cause you to come to the conclusion to look outside your comfort zone to express these opposite tendencies?

What benefits can you gain by expressing something outside your comfort space/zone.

Maybe this topic needs to be in the Philosophy forum. If it needs to, then please more it there.

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a177/Vathu/Funny%20shit/Newsfromdomo.jpg

dadudemon

Give examples.

I found the warrant and now I am looking for Carmen Sandiego.

Charmed_Phoebe
Interesting topic Debbie ESP because I know what is going on. This has a deeper meaning I believe. Anyways I think I am passive only because I don't like to express myself. I tend to hide things, HOWEVER I am not like a certain someone we know debbie. I am not cruel lol you know what I am talking about.

miss_swann
It depends if someone is getting angry at me I get VERY aggressive and scream/claw/scratch/bite/kick but if it's a situation that won't directly involve me I'm passive.

ADarksideJedi
Well being that I have OCD it is very easy for me to be a little aggressive but most of the time I could be aggressive so not sure.jm

debbiejo
Well a compulsive disorder from what I understand it quite Strong with the desire for things as you think they must be, so I understand. My father is that way............Nooooooo water drops on the sink or tub,..But that is his neatness compulsion, along with he being a slave to the clock .What's gonna happen if you're late? Die?? They hate you??? .lol

I've learned a few tricks on how to dislodge, off set, throw off some thinking.,..and all in fun of course..."Hey look, antichrist is coming".....etc...off beat.....Hehe..."Gonna put mysself in my bubble if you don't stop it!..Try talikng through that Mr"......LOL

Change the direction of thoughts is my hope..doesn't always work......but hey, it does many times...lol

Czarina_Czarina

Give examples.

I read this and had to think about it for a bit. Great questions, so I wanted to give it some thought.

The idea of needing to overcome comfort by doing the opposite, this is a duality argument, it could be related to that person's celestial sign (which may or may not play a part of personality). I'm a libra, so I seek balance for ideals but in doing so, I may cause my own scales to be unbalanced for the sake of balancing that ideal.

Let's say that someone called you lazy, and at first, your feelings are hurt, but you get over it. And maybe you agree with them, what to do? Well, you make a list of all the attributes that make you lazy, one word for every emotion/action that is related to the MOTIVE for being lazy as well as all the other aspects that encompass lazy. After that, you make another list, an exact opposite of terms for the emotions that are related to lazy. And start acting on those opposite terms, if you did your homework and follow through, you will no longer be lazy, ever.

It's strange, but if you imagine 2 libra scales, a lower scale being balanced at the bottom of the left or right the upper/larger scale, you would see the lower scale will be balanced, but only causing the upper scale to be unbalanced. Weird.

Some religions use to "outside" to make adjustments to the inner person's spirit/energy or mind, based on observed lessons from other human beings or animals or nature. That goes for cultures as well. And others are taught to seek the answers from the inside, and that the answers are already there, you just have to ask or retrieve it.

Sorry, that's the best I can come up with now.

Here's a nice pic of the Libra scale, and if you imagine another scale on the left or right of the one on the picture, like a parent scale and the imagine scale being the "child" scale, you'll also realize that the larger or first scale would end up unbalanced b/c it has a lower scale resting on the right or left of it, all awhile the new additional scale is hanging on it's proper balance.

http://www.cs.utk.edu/~mclennan/BA/PT/M20-image.gif

Czarina_Czarina
sorry, i'm no photoshop person.

if you see the upper scale, it's unbalanced, but if you see the lower scale, it's hanging in balance all b/c of the upper scale, and so, the upper scale is sacrificing itself to keep the lower scale in balance.

the concept of "libra" itself is a duality argument, if looking at just one libra scale, it's the left vs the right, and it seeks symmetry, but sometimes, what appears to be symmetric in one angle is not in another angle.

Czarina_Czarina
"Let's say that someone called you lazy, and at first, your feelings are hurt, but you get over it. And maybe you agree with them, what to do? Well, you make a list of all the attributes that make you lazy, one word for every emotion/action that is related to the MOTIVE for being lazy as well as all the other aspects that encompass lazy. After that, you make another list, an exact opposite of terms for the emotions that are related to lazy. And start acting on those opposite terms, if you did your homework and follow through, you will no longer be lazy, ever."

I meant to add, you just have to look those terms up in the dictionary (let's say under LAZY, you came up with a list of: tired, sluggish, bored, uninspired, unfocused), find the definition of the words, even if they are sOoOoO obvious and afterward, look for the antonyms for every term that describes WHAT/WHY you or the other person is ((LAZY)) or ((whatever)) you want to battle. Battles are fought on the opposite side, so you just need to do the exact opposite to get an opposite effect.

You don't even have to consult anyone but a dictionary of antomyms, and with the right motivation, you can overcome a lot of issues just by doing the opposite to gain the exact opposite effect. Not everyone is lazy for the same reasons, that's why introspection on the REASONs why/what/how is important, and this differs from person to person, getting that list and then, looking up the meaning of those terms, no matter how ridiculous it seems, and afterward, completing the list on an opposite side with antomyms for each word. Lastly, if you act on the opposite and are dedicated to it, people won't see "lazy" anymore, and if they do, it's only b/c they are looking at the past or don't want to believe you can improve yourself, and in that case, you have to lose those friends and make new ones, and if they are family members doing that to you, you have to lose those too, and make a new addition to "family", the one that believes in progress or whatever you are about.

debbiejo
After you typed all that out, this is what I focused on....

I'm a Gemini. Need I say more?? laughing out loud

Bardock42
Aggressive when having to read your shit.

Rogue Jedi
all Nazis are aggresive...you idiot.

debbiejo
Originally posted by Bardock42
Aggressive when having to read your shit. Oh, you love me admit it you moron.

Oooo, look, I was aggressive..

It's good to be a Gemini..Instead of boring Bardock what ever you are...big grin

Bardock42
Oh, you love me admit it you moron.

Oooo, look, I was aggressive..

It's good to be a Gemini..Instead of boring Bardock what ever you are...big grin I'm a gemini...

miss_swann
twins...

debbiejo
I'm a gemini... You are such a liar!! laughing out loud

Rogue Jedi
me too. do you have the dual presonality?

debbiejo
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
me too. do you have the dual presonality? eek!

Yeah, it confuses people sometimes.......I'm so this and that...just opposites of each other, well sorta...........

Who am I? confused

Czarina_Czarina
Aggressive when having to read your shit.

He's such a romantic. Laying it on thick are you Braddock?

debbiejo
It's because he wuvs meeeee.....Bardock--->> love Me--->> miffed

Bardock42
Originally posted by Czarina_Czarina
He's such a romantic. Laying it on thick are you Braddock? It can't really be that hard considering you even quoted me...

You are such a liar!! laughing out loud That may be true....but astrology still says shit all about anything.

Victor Von Doom
He's such a romantic. Laying it on thick are you Braddock?

How would spell the following name?

'Bardock'.

lord xyz
Originally posted by JLred
i've been single my whole 16 years of life....i was raised a geeky geek If I still had quotes in my profile, this would be one of them.

Czarina_Czarina
Originally posted by Victor Von Doom
How would spell the following name?

'Bardock'.

b-r-a-d-d-o-c-k, bardock

confused

Victor Von Doom
Now, you appear to notice one silly thing you say. That means people will now speculate that you in fact know all the things you say are silly, and believe you to be some kind of proto-Whirly. (Mk xxv)

Devil King
You mean there are people who are just now figuring that out?

Victor Von Doom
Originally posted by Devil King
You mean there are people who are just now figuring that out?

I used to believe all rampant idiocy on the board to be intentional, but after a while on here you become sceptical.

Czarina_Czarina
Originally posted by Victor Von Doom
Now, you appear to notice one silly thing you say. That means people will now speculate that you in fact know all the things you say are silly, and believe you to be some kind of proto-Whirly. (Mk xxv)

Get over yourself. Please.

Victor Von Doom
Get over yourself. Please.

Ironic how you replied to that with the most extreme validation possible for my point.

Almost proto-Whirly.

debbiejo
And me? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Say it!

Say it now.

Victor Von Doom
You're a ****.

debbiejo
Flower.........miss spelled by you..........Flower, damn it!! mad

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.