The Madden 2008 chronicles

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

FistOfThe North
I just got it for the 360. Didn't open it yet but already people are staring tournaments with mine..

Who plays....?

Smasandian
I do, but I'm strictly offline.

Great game though. I love the gang tackling, didnt relize how important it was to overall scheme of things.

Some annoyences are the ratings.

How can an Pro Bowler with great stats like Romo be a 84, but Vince Young, with shit stats, worst record and didnt make the Pro Bowl be 87. Same with Rivers.

There is a few mistakes I find with the ratings.

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Love the Madden games. Best football game ever.

forumcrew
Originally posted by Smasandian
I do, but I'm strictly offline.

Great game though. I love the gang tackling, didnt relize how important it was to overall scheme of things.

Some annoyences are the ratings.

How can an Pro Bowler with great stats like Romo be a 84, but Vince Young, with shit stats, worst record and didnt make the Pro Bowl be 87. Same with Rivers.

There is a few mistakes I find with the ratings.

romos slippery hands automatically drop him 3 points stick out tongue

Vince should be a 70 cause hes a tool.

Why no Live Smasandian? I think im gonna get a 360 for it soon myself.

Röland
Feel free to bash me for this. stick out tongue

I've been a Cleveland Browns fan my whole life and what they did to their jerseys is just horrid. Seriously, who at EA was like "Hey, let's give the Browns a nice set of brown pants for their away uniforms."?

Other than that, great game.

Smasandian
Dont let Botankus know......or he will never let you forget the fact you like the Browns.

Forum, I dont know, some seriously ****ed up ratings. Akin Ayodele was 86 last year, and know moved to 79.....he had a decent year, but 7 point drop is nuts. Also, franchise mode still isnt the same as last gen Madden. Atleast, fantasy draft is back.

Overall, the gameplay on the field is excellent (abit harder, I could play on Madden and win everytime, now, I can barely win All-pro), sack totals are still kinda of lacking but getting better. Good game though and definitly better than before.

Röland
Dont let Botankus know......or he will never let you forget the fact you like the Browns.

Doesn't bother me.

I'm so used to seeing a bad team, that if they ever have a great year, I'll be allowed to gloat. lol

DigiMark007
*bashes Roland*

Stupid Browns fan!

Röland
Originally posted by DigiMark007
*bashes Roland*

Stupid Browns fan!

I'm loyal even in the bad times. haermm

Smasandian

DigiMark007

Röland
But if I had to give money to what the Browns will do, I will put them down to go 9-7, not make the playoffs but give Dallas a useless 20th pick that they'll probalby trade away for even more useless 2,3,4 round picks.

Same here, I think they could surprise some people and go 10 - 6 if things go right. Sure, last year they went 4-12, but out of their 12 losses they lost 5 games by a Touchdown or less. So they could have been a 9 win team last year.

I think the first four weeks will determine their season, if they can go 2-2 or 3-1 in the first four weeks with Frye at the helm they will have a good season, IMO.

Originally posted by DigiMark007
So always?

Hopefully not this year. 131

Smasandian
No way the Browns go 10-6 in the hard AFC.

No way.

One major player will get injured (Winslow, or Edwards), atleast one major lineman will get injured and no QB in sight. Quinn wont do it this year, and Anderson and Frye are a joke. The defense is still crap. 6-10 at the most.

The team still sucks. No offense (I would say the same thing about my team and have countless times)

Röland
No way the Browns go 10-6 in the hard AFC.

No way.

When I said "If things go right." I meant if all the planets align. stick out tongue

Seriously, I think 8-8 but still miss the playoffs.

Smasandian
Still.....I dont know.

Röland
Time will tell.

forumcrew
so ive been planning on getting a 360 for a while, and now that madden came out ive been thinking of pulling the trigger. I was just playing a copy on PC though and at first I could of sworn all I did was reinstall Madden 07. The game is almost identical. And the fumbling was a huge issue. To be fair I have only played 1 game so far but there were 6-7 fumbles.

Smasandian
The game is alot better than last years.

On the 360, its pretty damn good. Gang tackling, insane AI for DB's, and much better feel and its runs at 60 frames per second.

PC, I have no idea but I heared that the PC versions arent as good.

Also, fumbles are a big problem, usuallys its 2 per game for pro.

DanZeke25
Yeah it's way better this year. I still fail at running though.

Smasandian
Yeah, even on Pro I'm having trouble running. In franchise, I havnt gone over 100 yards yet.

And Ive only gotten 170 once with LT. Alot less huge breakout runs and alot of 3-4 yards and a ton of stoppages at the line of scrimmage.

Lord Evolution
The fumbling problem is a confirmed glitch, it will happen itevery single game no matter what you do. I think the PS2 is the only one that doesn't have this problem because I have that version and I barely fumble. But I have also rented the PS3 version and in my first game I fumbled 6 times with Bush and 3 with Duece. I immediately took it back to the video store when i found out it was a glitch.

forumcrew
well Bush should fumble easier than most RB's but the game definitely will need a patch to fix it cause it is rather annoying. I played seattle vs Skins and alexander and portis each coughed it up twice. Campbell dropped it 3 times. And Strong once.

Lord Evolution
Well when you get 40 touches a game, that tends to happen. big grin

Everyone should fumble the same, it's a glitch and has nothing to do with your fumble rating or whatever you call it.

DanZeke25
I've only played 1 game that wasn't against my friends, and I wasn't good at running with Westbrook. But I did pretty good while playing against my friends.

forumcrew
Originally posted by Lord Evolution
Well when you get 40 touches a game, that tends to happen. big grin

Everyone should fumble the same, it's a glitch and has nothing to do with your fumble rating or whatever you call it.

everyone should fumble the same? that couldnt be more wrong. Thats what the carry rating is all about. All players are not equal some are better about hanging onto the ball. A lot of it is based on their style. Smaller, speedy, finesse style backs generally are more vulnerable to fumbling the ball, due to a hard hit or getting hit on a juke type move. Never ever should all players have an equal chance at fumbling.

Lord Evolution
Did I say that?

I said everyone should fumble the same because of the glitch. It doesn't go based off your fumble rating.

And Danzeke you should try playing the skill drills, helped me out a lot.

One thing I don't like about the PS2 version is that you can't lateral.

Smasandian
My favourite moments are when you fumble the ball, say "mutha****er", then relize that the pile of players made the opposing team fumble again.....hahaha its great. I dont know how many times that has happened to me and when you throw an INT and then get it back from a fumble...awesome.

I hate those ****ing drills. I hate them to death. I wish they kept the old mini camp and kept the mini camp in franchise on where you have the camp, can upgrade your players and then play the series instead of just upgrading your players weapons (which I dont think affects the ratings). My review of the training.

Lineman drill Offensive - One of the better games and its easy to get points once you get a hold of the pancake. My problem, and it could be me, but I can easily get 20000 points from pro, but onces I hit all pro, the ****ing RB always cuts in. All the ****ing time. I got a good line with the opposing player and about to **** him up and boom, I whiff because the RB decided to turn upfield for no ****ing reason.

Lineman Defense - totally pointless on anything but rookie. How the **** can an 300 point slow mutha****er catch up with an speedy back and blocking. Bring back the old one where you 1 on 1 with the lineman and grab flags. That makes sense, not trying to tackle Reggie Bush in the open...hello its an defensive lineman.

RB challenge - similiar the old one and nothing wrong with it.

40 time - sucks my hairy balls.
benchpress - boring as my hairy balls.

QB challenge - not bad, but my problem is that you cant change the ****ing play. I'm on the 1 yard line, and all three WR's are on fly patterns. How the **** am I suppose to throw an TD when its going to get picked off all the time. Though, its better than the last one on where you had to hit those stupid rings.

And last but obviously piece of shit is.....the ****ing WR/CB minigame. Piece of crap. How the **** am I suppose to win this when I have no ****ing clue when or where he is throwing it AND sometimes I wide open and ****ing moron overthrows me by a ****ing mile. Why cant we have the old DB drill, or try something alot of ****ing better than this shit for the WR.

That's me bitching but those minigames/training are crap ass tactular.

What difficulty are you guys playing at? I;m playing on pro with AI heavily sided to the CPU (100 defense awareness and heavy RB changes)
I find that its alot more realistic than All-Pro. It's a bit easier but I dont like how any CB can be glue against TO, and Calvin Johnson on every play while my settings, they stick like glue for about half and they'res miscoverage assignments, so sometimes its wide open.

DanZeke25
Yeah All-Pro seems to be a little unlrealistic. The jukes barley work, and when they do, theres another dude there to knock you on your ass anyway so it doesn't matter. The pitch plays still never work. I don't have much trouble passing though, besides getting sacked a lot. Every possesion I'm sacked at least 1 time. I still haven't really played a full game because I just don't feel like it, but every game I was winning when I stopped. So winning isn't a problem on All-Pro, but still.

Lord Evolution
I like the skills drills, but those things that try to tackle you are really creepy and huge.

Smasandian
Originally posted by DanZeke25
Yeah All-Pro seems to be a little unlrealistic. The jukes barley work, and when they do, theres another dude there to knock you on your ass anyway so it doesn't matter. The pitch plays still never work. I don't have much trouble passing though, besides getting sacked a lot. Every possesion I'm sacked at least 1 time. I still haven't really played a full game because I just don't feel like it, but every game I was winning when I stopped. So winning isn't a problem on All-Pro, but still.

Sacks are way to easy to get for the CPU, but its the only thing that stops me for blowing out the CPU, but even on pro I get sacked atleast 3 times a game. My QB has been sacked 38 times in 7 games.

I have to use short passes to get anywhere.

DanZeke25
Sacks are way to easy to get for the CPU, but its the only thing that stops me for blowing out the CPU, but even on pro I get sacked atleast 3 times a game. My QB has been sacked 38 times in 7 games.

I have to use short passes to get anywhere.

Yeah, and I hate using short passes. Like I call a screen pass to Westbrook, and I don't even have enough time to wait for that to develop before I get sacked. And that's supposed to be a play you can when they're blitzing. Anytime I get it to westbrook on that play it's always extremley lucky.

Smasandian
I never use screens. They never work for me. WR screens on the other hand, sometimes works.

CPU, when it does an screen...it never ever works.

DanZeke25
I never use screens. They never work for me. WR screens on the other hand, sometimes works.

CPU, when it does an screen...it never ever works.

I love screen plays. Espescially with LT or Westbrook. I havn't really tried them much against CPU since I've only played one full game but when I play Xbox Live or against my friends I get countless 15-20 yard gains.

Hey, do you think you can post your sliders that you use for Pro?

Smasandian
Yeah,

Off the top of my head

I got all my setttings on offensive at around 50 aside from defense on which my awareness is at 15, tackling at around 40 and my special teams are around 50 except for kickoffs which is at 5.

CPU's offensive is all 50 except WR, which is at 70 and QB which is at 70, RB is at 70 and RB blocking is at 70 (I think it is)
Defensive awareness for the CPU is at 100, tackling is at 60 I think and thats it.

I also add my pass blocking at 50 unless you play a team that sacks you left right and centre and then I put it at 70 or so.

Romo on my team has 47 sacks against him.

Dr. Strangelove
I still have the Madden 06 version for Gamecube. I decided to stop buying any Madden games till I buy a Wii or 360.

Does every version have the 2 vs 2 backyard football mode or is it only on the Wii?

Smasandian
I think the Wii.

I love Madden 06 but the upgraded graphics are too much for me hahaha.

But I love the ability to save your games during a game. It's really important especially if your an stats guy and dont want to see hardwork fail when your game has a disc read problem, which I got alot with Madden 07 for the 360.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.