Favorite Double album, vote here!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

OB1-adobe
I choosed a bunch that I knew of, if any others you know of, please mention.

I like double albums, though most have been known to be crap.

anyway discuss.

To me a double album is a studio album released with 2 cd's worth of music ranging from 20-30 songs. Consisting of material that was written and concieved at the same time

the album is either released as a double (the white album) or one, and then the other later (load/reload

Violent2Dope
You made this thread twice. Mine is ICP's Bizzar/Bizaar, but from that list I choose System of a down- Mesermize/Hypnotize.

§P0oONY
The Wall.

OB1-adobe
Originally posted by Violent2Dope
You made this thread twice. Mine is ICP's Bizzar/Bizaar, but from that list I choose System of a down- Mesermize/Hypnotize.

thats because it got posted before i was ready, if your a mod please delete

jaden101
out of that list i'd have to go with GnR...a childhood favourite those albums were

Arctic
Stadium Arcadium

Alpha Centauri
A double album is a double album, not what you consider to be a double album. Kid A/Amnesiac is not a double album, originally conceived as one, but decidedly not one.

Mellon Collie for me.

-AC

Victor Von Doom
Sign o' the Times by Prince

D00m
Originally posted by Victor Von Doom
Sign o' the Times by Prince

The only real answer.

OB1-adobe
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
A double album is a double album, not what you consider to be a double album. Kid A/Amnesiac is not a double album, originally conceived as one, but decidedly not one.

Mellon Collie for me.

-AC

A double album is a double album because it is one. Its NOT what I decide. Its just what it is and basically what the general public, or the band, decides. Are you saying Load/reload is not a double album?

The band recorded all the drum tracks for the combined 27 songs at the SAME TIME!!!, decided it was best to release load...go on tour, come back fresh, finish the rest of the vocals and guitars and what not, and then put out reload. The cover art work and layout is the same with art from the same artist, the interior is the same, the sound, vibe, and mix on both albums sound exactly alike.

Radio head.....from what I gather from people was the same story.

If a band goes into a studio, records a bunch of shit, releases half of that, then releases the rest of the half as an album the next year, and not as an EP or something, then........yeah it basically is a double album. its part I and Part II

Funkadelic
Sign 'O' The Times by P

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by OB1-adobe
A double album is a double album because it is one. Its NOT what I decide. Its just what it is and basically what the general public, or the band, decides. Are you saying Load/reload is not a double album?

Yes, because it's not a double album is it? It's two albums. Recorded at the same time or not, that does not make it a double album. Metallica say it's not a double album, neither does anybody with a brain.

Intended as, and actually being, are two different things.

The band recorded all the drum tracks for the combined 27 songs at the SAME TIME!!!, decided it was best to release load...go on tour, come back fresh, finish the rest of the vocals and guitars and what not, and then put out reload. The cover art work and layout is the same with art from the same artist, the interior is the same, the sound, vibe, and mix on both albums sound exactly alike.

So? They're not a double album, they are two albums that are remarkably similar due to recording situations. They were sold separately, they are rated on their own, they are not a double album, nor were they ever intended to be. They were left over songs that the band decided to finish.

Radio head.....from what I gather from people was the same story.

Then stop gathering from "people" and use sense and knowledge to realise those people are wrong.

If a band goes into a studio, records a bunch of shit, releases half of that, then releases the rest of the half as an album the next year, and not as an EP or something, then........yeah it basically is a double album. its part I and Part II

It's not. A double album is released together, not one after another. Similar situation, but not the same. Fact.

-AC

OB1-adobe
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri

So? They're not a double album, they are two albums that are remarkably similar due to recording situations. They were sold separately, they are rated on their own, they are not a double album, nor were they ever intended to be. They were left over songs that the band decided to finish.

Actually it was originally indended to be one, now do me a favor and let the people talk music instead of bickering about stupid crap. cuz you're all knowing apparently.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=D3tIuuoYcxQ&mode=related&search=

and from what I hear from "idiots" apparenly is that RadioHead's next album WILL be a double album, and from what I've read so will The Cure's next record.

Alpha Centauri
Actually it was originally indended to be one, now do me a favor and let the people talk music instead of bickering about stupid crap. cuz you're all knowing apparently.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=D3tIuuoYcxQ&mode=related&search=

and from what I hear from "idiots" apparenly is that RadioHead's next album WILL be a double album, and from what I've read so will The Cure's next record.

Originally intended to be, but? But it's not is it? No. it's two separate albums, not a double album, two separate albums that happen to be similar due to recording circumstances. Find a place where they say "It's a double album.". You won't, cos it's not. A double album is a two disc piece sold as one, not two separate albums.

Also, what does that last part have to do with anything? The Cure were going to do a double album back with their last release, but decided not to, so they're actually doing two discs sold as one this time. That's a double album, not two albums sold in close proximity.

You're an idiot.

-AC

OB1-adobe
Whether its a double album, or a part 1 or a part 2, who really gives a shit?

Did GNR make an album called Appetite for destruction, and then their next album was called Appetite for repair........no?

Whether it was packed as one, or split into two, who cares? Two CD's that have extreme similarties are more of a double album than not.

Undeniebly the two albums are from a series of recording sessions displaying the era and state of any band during that particular time.

I threw a topic out for people to discuss about what they liked, and you had to be dick about it.

Funkadelic
A double album are two discs in one album, thus sold together.

2 Albums released apart R not.

Alpha Centauri
Whether its a double album, or a part 1 or a part 2, who really gives a shit?

Don't try to make it about "caring". You said certain albums were double albums, I corrected you. You obviously cared enough to debate, so don't act as if you aren't caring now. You were wrong, move on.

Did GNR make an album called Appetite for destruction, and then their next album was called Appetite for repair........no?

Whether it was packed as one, or split into two, who cares? Two CD's that have extreme similarties are more of a double album than not.

They're not an actual double album, though. That's a fact. Mezmerize/Hypnotize, Kid A/Amnesiac etc are not double albums. You can continue to wrongly belief such if you desire, but it is what it is.

Undeniebly the two albums are from a series of recording sessions displaying the era and state of any band during that particular time.

That does not constitute a double album. It constitutes...recording them at the same time. If they are not released together, they are not a double album.

I threw a topic out for people to discuss about what they liked, and you had to be dick about it.

No, I corrected you because you were incorrect. If that constitutes being a dick then stop being wrong.

-AC

manorastroman
something/anything -- todd rundgren.

yvonnekarate
Hard to choose. Probably The Wall.

Regards, Yvonne

ESB -1138
I will say Michael Jackson: HIStory or the Wall

Funkadelic
I don't think HIStory can B considered a double album.

ESB -1138
Eh, if not than Wall. I guess it wouldn't since the first disc is just Greatest Hits while the second disc contains the new stuff. I guess it would be more of a Compilation album

Funkadelic
Yeah, that's how I C it.

Lord Shaper
Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness. That's probably due to the fact that SP are my favorite musical group. The Fragile by NIN is another.

Bardock42
Does Lift Yr. Skinny Fists Like Antennas to Heaven count? If so, I'd pick that.

Or maybe 69 Love Songs as triple Album.

Victor Von Doom
Originally posted by Bardock42

Yeah.

Lord Shaper
Originally posted by Bardock42

Or maybe 69 Love Songs as triple Album.

That's a badass album. The Godspeed you Black Emperor one I mean.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Lord Shaper
That's a badass album. The Godspeed you Black Emperor one I mean. Both are. But yeah, it is.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.