I hate cars!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Tex
My stupid brand new Volvo totally broke down on me!
The piece of shit didn't want to start!
Worse of all, black smoke started coming out of the hood!
All this in the middle of a busy parking lot!
I was sooo embarassed!

So I look under the hood, I dont know what the hell to look at!
I had to wait 5 hrs for my dad to get off work and pick me up.

It's going to be sooo embarassing tomorrow getting it towed! Hope nobody I know sees me! embarrasment

Anyone else have a crappy car?

LanceWindu
Why didn't you just call a friend to come pick you up instead of waiting all that time just for your dad?

And if I had to resort to calling my dad he would come over real quick and fix the car himself. He's a top mechanic in our town, everyone knows him.

UnknownBountyHunter
This is why you buy BMW's big grin

finti
BMW`s have problems with the newer cars.

It doesnt hurt to change the oil every now and then Tex.

UnknownBountyHunter
What problems? Every car I've owned is a BMW.

Currently have a 2K2 530i and have had it since last December, not a single problem.

finti
BMW, Mercedes,Opel and VW have called back models the last year because of different faults with it.
Those are the German cars, Cars like Saab, Fiat, Volvo and some Japaneese brands have been called back too to get certain faults sorted out.

mah
buy a Skoda, they're reliable.

finti
oh really?

mah
yup...and cheap

finti

mah
the tests of newer Skodas in newspapers and such have been all positive.

finti

PadmeSkywalker
BMW's are expensive to own. My dad made me a promise to buy me a BMW if I graduate College. That's the only way I will probably ever own one. Right now, I own a 96 Ford. The peice of junk actually works quite well, but sometimes the Check Engine Light comes on and I get really annoyed because then it will go off. Then when I take it to a shop to be checked out, they claim there is nothing wrong with it. I swear I hate it.

I like Volvos. My friend has one, and it is so nice to drive. She barely lets me drive it, except when we leave class for lunch and we go to the pizza place right near our school. That's the farthest she lets me drive it.

Dim
Never even heard of a Skoda... I don't think we have them here.

Don't be embarrassed Tex...just be happy that it's still under warrenty.

yerssot
if it goes like this the only "reliable" car is Lada big grin

finti
we were talking about cars Yers

yerssot
well, they do move! ... downhill...

finti
hardly

Julie
I had a fairly good car until I crashed it.....now I have another decent car, but I can't have it at school...such is life

mechmoggy
I was hit by a bus a couple of weeks ago and my mucka Carl had a little bump two nights ago.

Bad things come in three's so someone I know is due a crash pretty soon. Be careful out there folks. sad

Captain REX
Ahh! Car talk...I don't understand any of it!

Tex
Well this is going to confuse you I'm sure....
My car needs a new starter. Whatever the hell that is.
$102starter +$100 Towing fee + $100 work fee = broke Tex.
They said is should be ready sometime next week!
The audacity!!!!!!!!

mechmoggy
Isn't it still under warranty Tex?

And $100 labour isn't bad if the parts are only $100 too, usually the labour costs dwarf the parts cost. Is it a starter motor thats gone?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.