Mxy vs Celestials

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Estacado
Originally posted by quanchi112
mxy isnt all that powerful in all his showings. i mean serioulsy think about it he gets creamed by the celestials and he is out of the contest.

Who wins?

quanchi112
scathan pawns him like he did the protege.

quanchi112
nothing to say eh?

scathan defeats him while the others watch.

curbstomp.

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by Estacado
Who wins?

hysterical This is so retarded........ durlaugh

charlemagne9746
Hell, Quanchi thinks a normal Thanos can take out Celestials...so, no surprise here concerning his logic.

King Kandy
Scathan is shown to be >LT... So he could win.

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Celestials. They don't have to get him to say his name backwards, they'll just see as an unimportant imp and blast him away.

Merlyn
Mxy.

Devil Lance
Originally posted by DARKLORDCAEDUS
Celestials. They don't have to get him to say his name backwards, they'll just see as an unimportant imp and blast him away.

no expression
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f98/t427646.html

quanchi112
Originally posted by DARKLORDCAEDUS
Celestials. They don't have to get him to say his name backwards, they'll just see as an unimportant imp and blast him away. while the imp is powerful he is outnumbered and scathan is freakking so powerful its crazy. celestials curbstomp him.

quanchi112
Originally posted by charlemagne9746
Hell, Quanchi thinks a normal Thanos can take out Celestials...so, no surprise here concerning his logic. thanos needes the ig or the heart. hed need an uber uber uber powerup. i never said thanos could take them on his own. they are the celestials. bad asses.

Xplosive
Mxy

Erik-Lensherr
Is there anyone on this board who is stupider than quanchi ?

Evil_Ash
Originally posted by Erik-Lensherr

DevilGoblin?

Estacado
Nope.

Juntai
Is there anyone on this board who is stupider than quanchi ? Nah

Estacado
hmm
I think we should make a poll about this subject....

quanchi112
Is there anyone on this board who is stupider than quanchi ? ur dc bias amuses me. continue.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Juntai
Nah this from the guy spreading misinformation about ur boy spectre. and who i got to. anpther poster saw this. its not hard either present your case about comic books or dont respond. you say you dont have time for this but respond about posters themselvers.

ur immaturity as a poster has shown you for who u truly are.

Estacado
ur dc bias amuses me. continue.
huh
So he DC biased because he thinks you are stupid?haermm
Also you are one of the most Marvel biased members on this forum.

TheEyesoGOD
Do the celestials have any multiversal feats to thier credit? I thought they were all less than Eternity, who is less than Mxy. Am I wrong?

Estacado
Originally posted by TheEyesoGOD
Do the celestials have any multiversal feats to thier credit? I thought they were all less than Eternity, who is less than Mxy. Am I wrong?
You are right.thumb up

Galan007
Do the celestials have any multiversal feats to thier credit? I thought they were all less than Eternity, who is less than Mxy. Am I wrong? Mxy > Multiverse.

Celestials have no feats on that level.

TheEyesoGOD
Originally posted by Galan007
Mxy > Multiverse.

Celestials have no feats on that level.

Ah Ok. That is what I thought. This thread isn't fair to the celestials.

quanchi112
Mxy > Multiverse.

Celestials have no feats on that level. so scathan pawning the protege who was a mulitversal threat has no meaning to you.

also the spectre depowered mxy as i just found out in his depowered mode. spectre wasnt even at his best and pulled it off.

mxy goes down.

Estacado
so scathan pawning the protege who was a mulitversal threat has no meaning to you.

also the spectre depowered mxy as i just found out in his depowered mode. spectre wasnt even at his best and pulled it off.

mxy goes down.
What kind of retarded logic is that?haermm

quanchi112
What kind of retarded logic is that?haermm it shows u can have a weak spectre who was losing and badly to an amped cap marvel that it didnt take that much to depower mxy. shazam also put up a good fight in his realm while mxy went down hard. hostless spectre showed mxy up.

scathan hourglasses him for the win. just as he did to the protege. they could depowere him i assume but that it appears isnt that hard.

TheEyesoGOD
so scathan pawning the protege who was a mulitversal threat has no meaning to you.

mxy goes down.

I could have sword that the Spectre has certain liberties and access to powers that the celestials don't. Using the Spectre to argue against Mxy doesn't seem quite right. You have to explain how you equate the celestials with even a depowered Spectre. They dont' have the same kinds of powers as he does. They dont' even operate on that kind of reality bending/magic manipulation that the hostless spectre does. They could have never ended the 9th age.

Estacado
it shows u can have a weak spectre who was losing and badly to an amped cap marvel that it didnt take that much to depower mxy. shazam also put up a good fight in his realm while mxy went down hard. hostless spectre showed mxy up.

scathan hourglasses him for the win. just as he did to the protege. they could depowere him i assume but that it appears isnt that hard.
You haven't even read the comic...yet you talk like you did.
Scathan depowering Mxy are you insane?
Erik was right when he said you are the stupidest member.....

Galan007

mxy goes down. Mxy just had to return back to the 5th-D, and viola! All his former powers were back again..

But that means nothing here, as there is NOTHING to indicate ANY Celestial could depower Mxy in the slightest.

Mxy has actually destroyed no less then a Multiverse on panel.

By feats alone, he takes this. smile

quanchi112
I could have sword that the Spectre has certain liberties and access to powers that the celestials don't. Using the Spectre to argue against Mxy doesn't seem quite right. You have to explain how you equate the celestials with even a depowered Spectre. They dont' have the same kinds of powers as he does. They dont' even operate on that kind of reality bending/magic manipulation that the hostless spectre does. They could have never ended the 9th age. the celestials werent even phased by odin and his extreme amping. all the magic they had assembled didnt even really phase them. on the other hand you hd shazam really giving it to spectre.

spectre was pushed to the limits and was getting it handed to him during dov a few times. granted he got lucky and came out on top thank the enchantress for that one.

have u ever read guardians of the galaxy? do u know who scathan the approver is?

TheEyesoGOD
Mxy just had to return back to the 5th-D, and viola! All his former powers were back again..

But that means nothing here, as there is NOTHING to indicate ANY Celestial could depower Mxy in the slightest.

Mxy has actually destroyed no less then a Multiverse on panel.

By feats alone, he takes this. smile

And recreated several more as if it was nothing.

Galan007
And recreated several more as if it was nothing. yes

Mxy recreated everything he destroyed in WF, with a snap.

quanchi112
yes

Mxy recreated everything he destroyed in WF, with a snap. he was also depowered by a hostless spectre correct. a weak version. a watered down version.

dont make me bring up the gog event now.

stick out tongue

Galan007
he was also depowered by a hostless spectre correct. a weak version. a watered down version. wtf?

Mxy just had to return to the 5th dimension, and all his former powers were restored...

But that's a moot point, as there is NO proof that ANY Celestial could depower Mxy.

dont make me bring up the gog event now. You realize that the "infinite power of the Source" was one of the powers contained within Gog's staff, right?

So power of that magnitude blasting Mxy while his back was turned, isn't a low showing in the slightest.

But do I expect you to accept this? no

Actual logic concerning DC seems to be WAY beyond your conceptual grasp.

That will be all. smile

quanchi112
wtf?

Mxy just had to return to the 5th dimension, and all his former powers were restored...

But that's a moot point, as there is NO proof that ANY Celestial could depower Mxy.

You realize that the "infinite power of the Source" was one of the powers contained within Gog's staff, right?

So power of that magnitude blasting Mxy while his back was turned, isn't a low showing in the slightest.

But do I expect you to accept this? no

Actual logic concerning DC seems to be WAY beyond your conceptual grasp.

That will be all. smile scathan could horglass him for the win. he defeated protege who just observed lt and did his best impression of lts faces. how much power do u think the celestials can tap into. there are lots of infinite power sources in comics not just one although you prolly favor the source which would come as no surprise to me.

in kmc its not about killing characters anyways. so killing him and sending him back to the fifth dimension would count as a victory. anyways prove to me that mxy could defeat scathn who defeated the protege a multiversal threat.

actual logic concerning MARVEL seems to be WAY beyind your conceptual grasp.

wink

Galan007
prove to me that mxy could defeat scathn who defeated the protege a multiversal threat. A character who's actually destroyed a Multiverse on panel > a character who is simply a Multiversal threat.

It's not that hard to understand. smile

King Kandy
So I guess Mxy>>>>>>>>LT in your opinion Galan eh?

TheEyesoGOD
Originally posted by King Kandy
So I guess Mxy>>>>>>>>LT in your opinion Galan eh?

Mxy seems as close to the LT as can be. He does seem to be peers to the Spectre. But the LT has held megaverses in his hand and shaped them. So Galan has said nothing to indicate Mxy is Superior to LT. Did I miss one of his statements? Point me to it.

King Kandy
Yeah, he said that Mxy>>>The Celestials.

Scathan is a celestial.

Scathan>LT.

Therefore Mxy>>>>LT in his opinion.

TheEyesoGOD

Scathan is a celestial.

Scathan>LT.

Therefore Mxy>>>>LT in his opinion.

That doesn't make sense. LT has no superiors.

King Kandy
Well on panel Scathan the Celestial is his superior.

TheEyesoGOD
Well on panel Scathan the Celestial is his superior.

That means that Scathan is 2nd only to God?

charlemagne9746
the Scathan incident is shit writing. Ask Mr. Master, he'll tell you that the LT>>>>>>Scathan.

quanchi112
the Scathan incident is shit writing. Ask Mr. Master, he'll tell you that the LT>>>>>>Scathan. mo it isnt. sorry but i dont agree that scathan os less than lt. i just believe the celestials have power that can do amazing things. he pawned amultiversal threat is all. a celestial. he didnt pawn lt but he did defeat protege.

Estacado
mo it isnt. sorry but i dont agree that scathan os less than lt. i just believe the celestials have power that can do amazing things. he pawned amultiversal threat is all. a celestial. he didnt pawn lt but he did defeat protege.
So Eternity created a being that is more powerfull then him?haermm

TricksterPriest
mo it isnt. sorry but i dont agree that scathan os less than lt. i just believe the celestials have power that can do amazing things. he pawned amultiversal threat is all. a celestial. he didnt pawn lt but he did defeat protege.

That's not what Mr. M said..... whistle

Originally posted by Mr Master
The BIGGEST PIS in Cosmological history.

http://img126.imageshack.us/img126/2111/protege01gotg49cd8.th.jpg

http://img126.imageshack.us/img126/6313/protege02gotg49xe9.th.jpg

http://img136.imageshack.us/img136/5371/protege03gotg50fr8.th.jpg

http://img125.imageshack.us/img125/5063/protege04gotg50bs9.th.jpg

http://img125.imageshack.us/img125/6498/protege05gotg50pf4.th.jpg

http://img180.imageshack.us/img180/2802/protege06gotg50pe5.th.jpg

PLEASE READ CAREFULLY, before any of you confuse yourselves with these Scans.

"My short answer to this issue is that it is illogical, poorly written nonsense that one should ignore, It contradicts far too much of what is known and accepted about the characters to be taken seriously. But since this defense is open to the retort that perhaps everything else is wrong and these issues are right, let us instead look at the claims and implications of what is said. Let us examine what one would have to accept if one took everything in these two issues on face value.

First of all, Protege claims not just to be the new Living Tribunal, but the new One Above All (GOTG 49, last page); that is, Protege is God.

If he were indeed now God, what are we to make of Celestial's restraining him by throwing an energy blanket over his head? Can a Celestial muzzle God? And how does the energy blanket restrain this new OAA? By allowing him "to see nothing of what transpires." Yes, that's right, the new supreme being of the multiverse is taken down by not being able to see the ends of his feet.

But wait, we don't have to commit to such nonsense, because we are told that the LT was clandestinely drawing on the Amulet of Aggamotto (not the Eye, not the Orb, but the Amulet) in order to restrain Protege. In conclusion, therefore: Protege becomes TOAA, but is restrained by a Celestial energy hood that cuts off his sight and an amulet enhanced Living Tribunal.

To preserve my sanity I ignore the whole mess. If pressed to give an explanation I would say this: there is a history of mortal beings taking on vast powers and erroneously believing they are omnipotent(Doom in Secret Wars 1, Beyonder in Secret Wars 3, Warlock and Thanos in Infinity Gauntlet).

Perhaps Protege believes he is omnipotent, but because he cannot even sense what is happening after having a hood thrown over his head, clearly his Cosmic Awareness is still paltry if not non-existent. Clearly he has not absorbed the powers of the LT, perhaps he has absorbed an iota of an iota. Therefore, in conclusion, we are not seeing a Celestial restraining someone who is more powerful than the LT, let alone TOAA"

anonymous inclusion

King Kandy
Um, if you check Mr. M's upgraded hierarchy, Scathan is put above LT.

TricksterPriest

yes As a representative of the True Beyonders, NOT a celestial. stick out tongue

King Kandy
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
yes As a representative of the True Beyonders, NOT a celestial. stick out tongue
WTF? I'm talking about MM's Hierarchy... He doesn't believe in the true Beyonders theory...

Which has no backing in logic or evidence...

Endless Mike

Phenomenol

quanchi112
yes As a representative of the True Beyonders, NOT a celestial. stick out tongue hes a celestial and isnt a true beyonder. stated in comic hes a celestial.

so as i said scathan pawns mxy like nothing while rest enjoy the show.

quanchi112
So I guess Mxy>>>>>>>>LT in your opinion Galan eh? galan always favors the dc characters. he cant stand it when i consistently prove him wrong. he obviously has no clue who scathan is. he wont respond to this im sure kandy. he ll pretend he never read it.

Estacado
galan always favors the dc characters. he cant stand it when i consistently prove him wrong. he obviously has no clue who scathan is. he wont respond to this im sure kandy. he ll pretend he never read it.
Why don't you just shut the **** up with your everyone is Dc biased bullshit...
So you think it's normal that Eternity created a being who is above the LT?
It doesn't even make sense.

quanchi112
Why don't you just shut the **** up with your everyone is Dc biased bullshit...
So you think it's normal that Eternity created a being who is above the LT?
It doesn't even make sense. did u read the scan? comic books are illogical by nature. oh and i dont say all people are dc biased only a few when it applies therein.

scathan wins this with ease.

King Kandy
galan always favors the dc characters. he cant stand it when i consistently prove him wrong. he obviously has no clue who scathan is. he wont respond to this im sure kandy. he ll pretend he never read it.
Dude shut the f*ck up! Galan is the most unbiased person on the board pretty much! He knows his stuff backwards and forwards, I don't buy for a second you proved him wrong about anything!

Juntai
Dude shut the f*ck up! Galan is the most unbiased person on the board pretty much! He knows his stuff backwards and forwards, I don't buy for a second you proved him wrong about anything! thumb up Galan is awesome.

Utrigita

If you ask him why, you got one response to him doing so:

Canon!

So even though how much he hate it and despise it, he stills have to accept it even though he has shown why it should be consideret PIS and not being used in any kind of debate.

Also its strange because in the Handbook it states that LT is second only to TOAA and yet it mentions Scathan as being possible above LT, anyone got a answear to this paradox???

King Kandy
Answer? TOAA is the writer, and the writer can make whoever he wants be the second strongest.

Utrigita
Answer? TOAA is the writer, and the writer can make whoever he wants be the second strongest.

TOAA has also been shown as a comic character.

And we have to go by the fact that we are presented with, and the fact is that in the Handbook it clearly says that the Living Tribunal is below only TOAA but still needed help from Scathan. I'm finding it strange that in the Handbook one mentiones the Living Tribunal as the second most powerful being but still is below Scathan a Celestial. Els I'm agreeing with Mr Master why the incident should be overlooked when arguing about characters powerlevels.

Space M ummy
purely out of curiosity, this is mxy vs. how many celestials, exactly?

I'd probably agree that mxy >>>> one celestial by a good deal, but aren't there potentially millions of the things? Any one of which possesses powers an order of magnitude greater than your average cube being?

Mxy would probably take out a celestial without too much difficulty, but Mxy vs. All of them is ridiculous.

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by Space M ummy
purely out of curiosity, this is mxy vs. how many celestials, exactly?

I'd probably agree that mxy >>>> one celestial by a good deal, but aren't there potentially millions of the things? Any one of which possesses powers an order of magnitude greater than your average cube being?

Mxy would probably take out a celestial without too much difficulty, but Mxy vs. All of them is ridiculous.

Yes. It's rediculous in that Mxy can snap his fingers and kill them all instantly. roll eyes (sarcastic) Mxy>>>>The entire Celestial race.

Space M ummy
Yes. It's rediculous in that Mxy can snap his fingers and kill them all instantly. roll eyes (sarcastic) Mxy>>>>The entire Celestial race.

Show me one instance where a celestial has been killed, and didn't instantly reform. Their bodies aren't actually even present on this plane, they're just manifestations.

One celestial has enough power to create or destroy a universe at will. Possibly even much more, since cube beings are capable of that. Check the respect threads for some of the feats that can be accomplished by even immature cosmic containment units.

again, you're talking millions of beings here with that much power at minimum.

so here we have an instance where five CCU's comes VERY close to the power of the full infinity gauntlet. The power that a single celestial wields outclasses that possessed by cube beings, and you're talking not five, but millions.

TricksterPriest
Show me one instance where a celestial has been killed, and didn't instantly reform. Their bodies aren't actually even present on this plane, they're just manifestations.

One celestial has enough power to create or destroy a universe at will. Possibly even much more, since cube beings are capable of that. Check the respect threads for some of the feats that can be accomplished by even immature cosmic containment units.

no expression Mxy destroyed all of DC in an instant. EVERYTHING! All the alternate universes, all the multiverses, all the divergent realities, EVERYTHING IN DC! What the **** can pissants like the Celestials do to a 5D imp? no

The celestials have no feats that put them on Mxy's level, hell, Mxy is more powerful than the MU abstracts. You'd need someone as powerful as MJJ to have a shot at Mxy. And IMO, even he wouldn't be enough.

Utrigita

Against Thanos W/HOTU

It has never been shown they have the ability to make a Universe, a pocket universe would be there top achivement so far, and it wasn't even them doing it erm. And the Celestials have never been shown to have as much power as a Cosmic Containment Unit, since they have On Panel destroyed and remaked the entire Omniverse. Kubik and Kosmos on the other hand two cosmic cubes that has gained consiousnes has put restrictions on themselves and those the Celestials are above.

And Mxy can Destroy entire realities, the 5th dimension and down. Also the Joker with Mxy power destroyed the multiverse.

Utrigita
so here we have an instance where five CCU's comes VERY close to the power of the full infinity gauntlet. The power that a single celestial wields outclasses that possessed by cube beings, and you're talking not five, but millions.

Oh so thats the reason that the Celestials was being blasted away like all others in the IG incident.

The celestials doesn't have power remotely near the level of a Cosmic Cube without a physical form.

Mr Master
Originally posted by Utrigita
If you ask him why, you got one response to him doing so:

Canon!

So even though how much he hate it and despise it, he stills have to accept it even though he has shown why it should be consideret PIS and not being used in any kind of debate.

Also its strange because in the Handbook it states that LT is second only to TOAA and yet it mentions Scathan as being possible above LT,

thumb up

anyone got a answear to this paradox???

Until further info is produced by Marvel concerning this Scathan jip,

Scathan is still a Celestial below both the LT & Eternity.

That's how I feel.

Why?

For this reason:

"My short answer to this issue is that it is an illogical, poorly written nonsense that one should ignore, It contradicts far too much of what is known and accepted about the characters to be taken seriously.

But since this defense is open to the retort that perhaps everything else is wrong and these issues are right, let us instead look at the claims and implications of what is said. Let us examine what one would have to accept if one took everything in these two issues on face value.

First of all, Protege claims not just to be the new Living Tribunal, but the New One Above All (GOTG 49, last page); that is, Protege is God.

If he were indeed now God,

what are we to make of Celestial's restraining him by throwing an energy blanket over his head?

Can a Celestial muzzle God? hm

And how does the energy blanket restrain this New OAA?

By allowing him "to see nothing of what transpires."

Yes, that's right, the New Supreme being of the Multiverse is taken down by

not being able to see the ends of his feet. laughing out loud

But wait, we don't have to commit to such nonsense, because we are told that the LT was clandestinely drawing on the Amulet of Aggamotto

(not the Eye, not the Orb, but the Amulet)

in order to restrain Protege.

In conclusion, therefore: Protege becomes TOAA, but is restrained by a Celestial energy hood that cuts off his sight and an amulet enhanced Living Tribunal. boxed

Perhaps Protege believes he is omnipotent, but because he cannot even sense what is happening after having a hood thrown over his head, clearly his Cosmic Awareness is still Paltry if not Non-existent.

Clearly he has Not absorbed the powers of the LT, perhaps he has absorbed an iota of an iota.

Therefore, in conclusion, we are not seeing a Celestial restraining someone who is more powerful than the LT, let alone TOAA"

*anonymous inclusion*

..............................................................................................................

I got a problem though that I can't hide from,

THIS:

(excerpt from the 2006 Handbook LT - bio)
http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/913/75821303tz5.th.jpg
"The LT was nearly usurped by Protege, who manifested the LT's own power,
Scathan the Celestial saved the Reality by judging Protege"

..............................................................................................................

Which completely contradicts the opening statements of the LT's bio:

http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/9440/15719731wc8.th.jpg
"The Living Tribunal's only superior is TOAA"

It even specifically tells us NOT to confuse TOAA with the Celestial leader. What the f**k?

Space M ummy
Oh so thats the reason that the Celestials was being blasted away like all others in the IG incident.

The celestials doesn't have power remotely near the level of a Cosmic Cube without a physical form.

There were only two celestials present to get "blasted away" during the IG incident. they weren't named and neither one was TOAA.

and where are you basing your assumptions of what power the celestials do and do not have from? Franklin richards (who would be "potentially" celestial level at some point) created universes as a child. This is VERY close to the feats performed by immature CCUs. (warping reality, creating universes, etc) and once again, is still well below full celestial level.

Kubik (himself a cube being) stated that his power was "as nothing" compared to that of the celestials- this is fact, canon, what have you- plenty of scans exist to back it up.

Utrigita
thumb up

That's how I feel.

Why?

For this reason:

"My short answer to this issue is that it is an illogical, poorly written nonsense that one should ignore, It contradicts far too much of what is known and accepted about the characters to be taken seriously.

But since this defense is open to the retort that perhaps everything else is wrong and these issues are right, let us instead look at the claims and implications of what is said. Let us examine what one would have to accept if one took everything in these two issues on face value.

First of all, Protege claims not just to be the new Living Tribunal, but the New One Above All (GOTG 49, last page); that is, Protege is God.

what are we to make of Celestial's restraining him by throwing an energy blanket over his head?

But wait, we don't have to commit to such nonsense, because we are told that the LT was clandestinely drawing on the Amulet of Aggamotto

In conclusion, therefore: Protege becomes TOAA, but is restrained by a Celestial energy hood that cuts off his sight and an amulet enhanced Living Tribunal. boxed

Perhaps Protege believes he is omnipotent, but because he cannot even sense what is happening after having a hood thrown over his head, clearly his Cosmic Awareness is still Paltry if not Non-existent.

Clearly he has Not absorbed the powers of the LT, perhaps he has absorbed an iota of an iota.

Therefore, in conclusion, we are not seeing a Celestial restraining someone who is more powerful than the LT, let alone TOAA"

*anonymous inclusion*

THIS:

It even specifically tells us NOT to confuse TOAA with the Celestial leader. What the f**k?

It makes IMO absolutely NO sense at ALL.

Utrigita
There were only two celestials present to get "blasted away" during the IG incident. they weren't named and neither one was TOAA.

and where are you basing your assumptions of what power the celestials do and do not have from? Franklin richards (who would be "potentially" celestial level at some point) created universes as a child. This is VERY close to the feats performed by immature CCUs. (warping reality, creating universes, etc)

Kubik (himself a cube being) stated that his power was "as nothing" compared to that of the celestials- this is fact, canon, what have you- plenty of scans exist to back it up.

Oh yes One of them was TOAA He was hurling Planets against him.

Scans. They stated that as a child his power already rivalled there own.
Warping reality correct but Creating entire new universes as you say incorrect they have at most created a Pocket Universe and that was warped.

Yes a Cosmic cube that has taken on a physical form and put restrictions on himself stated that a CCU without a physical form ore "mind" has destroyed and remaked the Omniverse and nothing support that the Celestials can do anything remotely to that Level. That would put them far above there creator Eternity which isn't the case.

Space M ummy
It makes IMO absolutely NO sense at ALL.

I agree- it's contradictory and I wish marvel had simply forgotten about it. unfortunately even though the events of GOTG are not canon (that particular future never came to pass as vance astro never went into space, etc etc) there's some bizarre rule stating that every appearance of the tribunal IS treated as canon, since there's only one of him and he doesn't have alternate versions.

It's a pain in the ass, but the inclusion of that event in the marvel handbook does conclusively put Scathan at the tribunal's level.

guy222
thumb up

That's how I feel.

Why?

For this reason:

*anonymous inclusion*

THIS:

Scathan the Approver is a Celestial. (Earth-691)

He helped LT against Protege. Is he above Eternity/Galactus/Beyonder/Hawkgod? In those issues, yes.

King Kandy
It's a pain in the ass, but the inclusion of that event in the marvel handbook does conclusively put Scathan at the tribunal's level.
It actually puts him above LT's level.

Utrigita
It actually puts him above LT's level.

One wants to cry out loud.

quanchi112
with what we have seen scathan do we must concluse he could easily do the same to the jackass that is mxy. celestials utterly stomp him.

Galan007

Scathan is a celestial.

Scathan>LT.

Therefore Mxy>>>>LT in his opinion. I'm curious what Scathan has actually done on panel that puts him above Mxy. .

Nothing came to mind, thus my response. smile
Dude shut the f*ck up! Galan is the most unbiased person on the board pretty much! He knows his stuff backwards and forwards, I don't buy for a second you proved him wrong about anything!
Originally posted by Juntai
thumb up Galan is awesome. Thanks guys! blushing

quanchi112
Dude shut the f*ck up! Galan is the most unbiased person on the board pretty much! He knows his stuff backwards and forwards, I don't buy for a second you proved him wrong about anything! dont tell me to stfu. anyways i feel he does favor dc charcaters in many threads with little to no on panel evidence to back his characters up only theoretical jargon.

rico777
mxy wins this quite easily

Mordum
indeed

quanchi112
no expression Mxy destroyed all of DC in an instant. EVERYTHING! All the alternate universes, all the multiverses, all the divergent realities, EVERYTHING IN DC! What the **** can pissants like the Celestials do to a 5D imp? no

The celestials have no feats that put them on Mxy's level, hell, Mxy is more powerful than the MU abstracts. You'd need someone as powerful as MJJ to have a shot at Mxy. And IMO, even he wouldn't be enough. mxy was also depowered by a less than fully powered spectre. mxy also was oneshotted by gog by mistake even.

scathan defeated the protege who just became god pretty much. scathan is all it takes to beat mxy while the other celestials enjoy the show.

charlemagne9746
mxy was also depowered by a less than fully powered spectre. mxy also was oneshotted by gog by mistake even.

scathan defeated the protege who just became god pretty much. scathan is all it takes to beat mxy while the other celestials enjoy the show.

I love it how you pick and choose which PIS situations you ensorse. You'll never endorse Drax killing Thanos, or Thanos getting arrested by the NYPD...but, you'll endorse this Scathan garbage.....just to see a DC character lose.

Mordum
Myx can beat the celetials with ease. Celestials cannot create nor destroy a universe myx can therefore he wins.

charlemagne9746
Mxy destroyed all of DC once>>>>>>>616 Universe(Eternity)...Eternity created the Celestials, therefore they are less powerful than Eternity. So, Mxy>>>>>>>>>>>Celestials.

quanchi112
I love it how you pick and choose which PIS situations you ensorse. You'll never endorse Drax killing Thanos, or Thanos getting arrested by the NYPD...but, you'll endorse this Scathan garbage.....just to see a DC character lose. scathan has one appearance and it was pretty amazing. he beat the protege who just witness powers beyond that of mxy.

quanchi112
Mxy destroyed all of DC once>>>>>>>616 Universe(Eternity)...Eternity created the Celestials, therefore they are less powerful than Eternity. So, Mxy>>>>>>>>>>>Celestials. mxy was also depowered by a spectre that got his ass whooped by cap marvel while being amped.

charlemagne9746
so, according to your logic...since Mxy got depowered by Spectre...and Spectre got handled by Cap. Marvel....Cap Marvel should be able to beat Mxy too....hell, Cap. Marvel should have enough power to end DC too, eh. Cap. Marvel is capable of multiversal destroying blasts...just like Spectre and Marvel.

Even better...Spectre has been batkicked before...so, Batman has multi-versal power levels too, eh?

quanchi112
so, according to your logic...since Mxy got depowered by Spectre...and Spectre got handled by Cap. Marvel....Cap Marvel should be able to beat Mxy too....hell, Cap. Marvel should have enough power to end DC too, eh. Cap. Marvel is capable of multiversal destroying blasts...just like Spectre and Marvel.

Even better...Spectre has been batkicked before...so, Batman has multi-versal power levels too, eh? im saying cap marvel did have quite a magical powerup but he beat down the spectre. this same spectre from this same story depowered mxy with ease.

i didnt bring up batman. read dov and ull know all that i refer to is true.

i dont lie.

wink

charlemagne9746
im saying cap marvel did have quite a magical powerup but he beat down the spectre. this same spectre from this same story depowered mxy with ease.

i didnt bring up batman. read dov and ull know all that i refer to is true.

i dont lie.

wink

ok, Batman aside. You would probably agree that since Cap Marvel beat the Spectre...and the Spectre depowered Mxy....that Cap Marvel is greater than a 5th dimensional imp....which would put Cap. Marvel with that power up close to the top of the DC heirarchy? Just below the Presence maybe?

quanchi112
ok, Batman aside. You would probably agree that since Cap Marvel beat the Spectre...and the Spectre depowered Mxy....that Cap Marvel is greater than a 5th dimensional imp....which would put Cap. Marvel with that power up close to the top of the DC heirarchy? Just below the Presence maybe? no i just feel that the spectre is overrated in this forum a lot along with mxy as well. there have to be a lot of variables in order for the spectre to be the badass he can be. for one he needs someone else meaning a competent host. for two he has to dip into a power source like the logoz to be even considered in near lt.

Mordum
There needs to be some direction here. First of all Spectre never confronted myx during DOV. Myx showed a loss of power due to the results of the DOV incident in which magic was pretty much destroyed. Cause and affect. Show me anywhere where it shows Spectre vs Myx that resulted in a depowering. Alo, it has never been stated that myx uses magic for all we know it was another slapstick storyline that involved myx.

wanda and chaos wave is a good example.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Mordum
There needs to be some direction here. First of all Spectre never confronted myx during DOV. Myx showed a loss of power due to the results of the DOV incident in which magic was pretty much destroyed. Cause and affect. Show me anywhere where it shows Spectre vs Myx that resulted in a depowering. Alo, it has never been stated that myx uses magic for all we know it was another slapstick storyline that involved myx.

wanda and chaos wave is a good example. multiple posters have claimed this. i dont have the adventures of superman issue where this happens in. are you saying they misinterpreted the comic book?

Mordum
* Though named as the Earth 1 Mister Mxyzptlk, it seems that it was the Earth-Two version of the character who is apparently killed in Adventures of Superman #646 in the Ruin saga, as he looks far closer and acts far kinder to Superman which is inline with the Earth 2 Mister Mxyztplk.

More importantly, this character is specifically depowered because of the effects done to the Earth universe's magick as noted in earlier Justice Society stories which is the source of Mxyztplk powers.

He also uses the known incantation of the reverse form of his name to disappear from the Earth dimension and return to his home dimension which he does after being shot through his chest.

These conditions specifically contradicts the Post-Crisis version Mxyzptlk who only leaves because he agrees to do so, as well as using some undetermined higher dimensional powers which were not effected by magick or physical sciences from the Earth dimension.

Some suggest that this was really the Earth-Two Mister Mxyzptlk simply using his counterpart's name as this happened just before Kal-L returned to the DC universe due to the Infinite Crisis

Endless Mike
Doesn't the Earth - 2 Mxy look like the animated series version?

norrinradd43
Mxy is a silly character...

guy222
Scathan FTW

iceman24567
Mxy beats Scathan with ease. What is Scathan going to do muzzle him?

Erik-Lensherr
Originally posted by iceman24567
What is Scathan going to do muzzle him?

Of course dur

carnage52
Is there anyone on this board who is stupider than quanchi ? no way.

carnage52
Originally posted by norrinradd43
Mxy is a silly character... hes powerful tho.

occultdestroyer

Mr. Slippyfist.

Anyway, my opinions are based on facts, not on favoritism.

As much as I like reading DC comics, Scathan and the other Celestials should win this 9/10.

It is a well known fact in the Marvel multiverse that Scathan > LT.

EDIT: Myx is a very dumb fella. Sooner or later, Scathan will be able to put an 'energy muzzle' on him.

fangirl101
Originally posted by occultdestroyer
Mr. Slippyfist.

Anyway, my opinions are based on facts, not on favoritism.

As much as I like reading DC comics, Scathan and the other Celestials should win this 9/10.

It is a well known fact in the Marvel multiverse that Scathan > LT.

EDIT: Myx is a very dumb fella. Sooner or later, Scathan will be able to put an 'energy muzzle' on him.

WHAT?!! Mxy's Feats>>>>>>>>>>>>>All the celestials put together. A well known fact that Scathan>Lt? That is not what the bio's say. And Scathan has one feat that is dubious.

occultdestroyer
Originally posted by fangirl101
WHAT?!! Mxy's Feats>>>>>>>>>>>>>All the celestials put together. A well known fact that Scathan>Lt? That is not what the bio's say. And Scathan has one feat that is dubious.

Scathan doesn't need any more feats to show how powerful he truely is.
The mere fact that he was able to slip through unnoticed and put the muzzle on Protege, a being much more powerful than LT, is sufficient evidence, especially since it's on-panel and all CANON.

No one can deny that fact. So Scathan >>> LT. The bios need to be updated.

PS: She-Hulk has also pulled off some nasty feats, such as ripping of the comic book. She's done it more than Myx has done.

fangirl101
The mere fact that he was able to slip through unnoticed and put the muzzle on Protege, a being much more powerful than LT, is sufficient evidence, especially since it's on-panel and all CANON.

PS: She-Hulk has also pulled off some nasty feats, such as ripping of the comic book. She's done it more than Myx has done.

Um no. When she creates entire comic realities let me know. And myx has pwned the Spectre.

occultdestroyer
Um no. When she creates entire comic realities let me know. And myx has pwned the Spectre.

It still doesn't change the fact that Scathan >>> Myx.
You have no idea how powerful Protege was.
He's powers exceeded that of LT, who was said to be 2nd only to TOAA.
LT also needed to tap on his 'amulet' to amp himself up.

Scathan muzzled Protege because he disapproved of Protege taking over the role of TOAA.

fangirl101
It still doesn't change the fact that Scathan >>> Myx.
You have no idea how powerful Protege was.
He's powers exceeded that of LT, who was said to be 2nd only to TOAA.
LT also needed to tap on his 'amulet' to amp himself up.

Scathan muzzled Protege because he disapproved of Protege taking over the role of TOAA.

Oh please. First and foremost, if Protege had The LT's powers, then NO one would be able to muzzle him becuz the LT is the 2nd most powerful being in marvel. Unless all of the bios are wrong.

2ndly, if Protege would have had the LT's powers, he would have been omnicient and would have known what scathan was going to do, or would have been able to copy Scathan's powers, having seen the event happen already with his omnicience.

3rdly, Just becuz you pick up someone's power set, doesn't mean you know how to wield thier powers properly. Scathan didn't beat the LT, he beat someone who copied his powers. Big Difference.

We dont' know if The LT's faces were all in agreement when he was trying to beat Protoge, which may be the reason he needed the amulet.
Scathan has NO feats that suggest he's above mr. mxy. If you want to get technical, Mxy has beaten the Spectre a couple of times. So if we judge the Spectre and the LT as equals, as marvel and DC does, then That would mean, mxy=Scathan. Of course Mxy has the actual feats to back up his. And actual wins over the spectre and not some copy cat kid.

iceman24567
Scathan was a lame plot device his most impressive feat is putting a muzzle one somebody not even close to what mxy does on e regular basis

vlaaad12345
Ignoring the pis and downright stupidness that is scathan myx stomps,even the most basic of 5d imps has control over reality at all levels,emperor joker was threatening all dc everything that was is or ever will be and myx is still slightly above that.

Mr Master

thumb up

btw. The LT's bio does mention that Scathan was able to do, what the LT could not.

So it is 100% canon. smile

Mr Master

Oh please.

if Protege had The LT's powers, then NO one would be able to muzzle him becuz the LT is the 2nd most powerful being in marvel.
Unless all of the bios are wrong.
False.

Protege had the LT's power, you dislike that fact,
call or write to Marvel and complain.

2ndly, if Protege would have had the LT's powers, he would have been omnicient and would have known what scathan was going to do, or would have been able to copy Scathan's powers, having seen the event happen already with his omnicience.
doh

Goodness, it's amazing.

I'm not even gonna bother explaining this again.

3rdly, Just becuz you pick up someone's power set, doesn't mean you know how to wield thier powers properly. Scathan didn't beat the LT, he beat someone who copied his powers. Big Difference.
Protege had the LT's power, period.
Scathan owned Protege, period.

On Panel and confirmed in the LT's bio:

http://s2d2.turboimagehost.com/t/465236_Pro.jpg

I'm dizzy.

We dont' know if The LT's faces were all in agreement when he was trying to beat Protoge, which may be the reason he needed the amulet.
False again.

LT needed to boost his power with the Amulet
because Protege was more powerful.

No need for spins, that's the simple truth,
on panel and corroborated in the Handbooks.

Scathan has NO feats that suggest he's above mr. mxy. If you want to get technical, Mxy has beaten the Spectre a couple of times. So if we judge the Spectre and the LT as equals, as marvel and DC does, then That would mean, mxy=Scathan. Of course Mxy has the actual feats to back up his. And actual wins over the spectre and not some copy cat kid.
There's no evidence of any kind to suggest that Spectre and LT are equals.

Marvel is Marvel and DC is DC.

illadelph12
Heh...

Knowsbleed33
LT w/ Amulet, Eternity and Hawkgod couldn't do what Scathan did with ease.

occultdestroyer
The Celestials will win, thanks to Scathan the Approver.
If Scathan says thumb down , so be it.

Do you know how powerful Protege was?
He was an Omniversal threat, NOT just a multiversal one.
LT, Hawkgod, and Eternity just stood by as he braced for an attack that could've destroyed the Omniverse and make him TOAA.

If it wasn't for Scathan, Marvel would never be the same.

fangirl101
False.

Protege had the LT's power, you dislike that fact,
call or write to Marvel and complain.

doh

Goodness, it's amazing.

I'm not even gonna bother explaining this again.

Protege had the LT's power, period.
Scathan owned Protege, period.

On Panel and confirmed in the LT's bio:

http://s2d2.turboimagehost.com/t/465236_Pro.jpg

I'm dizzy.

False again.

LT needed to boost his power with the Amulet
because Protege was more powerful.

No need for spins, that's the simple truth,
on panel and corroborated in the Handbooks.

There's no evidence of any kind to suggest that Spectre and LT are equals.

Marvel is Marvel and DC is DC.
I was being kind. As I think there is evidence that the Spectre>> The LT. Of course you aren't going to explain something that can't be explained. Protege had the Lt's powers? Then why wasn't he Omnicient? He was more powerful than the LT and yet he couldn't see Scathan coming? The handbooks back up what happened on panel but acknowlege The LT as the 2nd most powerful being in the MU. The hand books should be thrown out in any debate and not even used for back up if we get to cherry pick what we want to use for back up to what happens on panel.

fangirl101
The Celestials will win, thanks to Scathan the Approver.
If Scathan says thumb down , so be it.

Do you know how powerful Protege was?
He was an Omniversal threat, NOT just a multiversal one.
LT, Hawkgod, and Eternity just stood by as he braced for an attack that could've destroyed the Omniverse and make him TOAA.

If it wasn't for Scathan, Marvel would never be the same.

DC=Marvel
If DC has one Big Universe and Marvel has a trillion Omniverses, it's still
DC=Marvel.

Mxy has wiped away all of DC. All of it. And then put it back.

h1a8
Scathan's feat is SvFL and thus invalid. Scathan is not even universal level.

Knowsbleed33
Scathan slaughters Mxy.

cloud102
Mxy takes down his share of Celestials, but not all. He'll need his friend Batmite. smile

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.