Tragedy averted.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

LanceWindu
Today I was woken up by my sister pounding on my door saying that my grandma was dying.

I rushed down my stairs and found out what happend.

Here's the story:

My grandma takes lots of medications because of her old age, so people in our family (in California) check up on her daily.

Well yesterday when they checked her house they found her lying asleep in her chair, her skin was a yellowish/green color, as were her eyes.

They woke her up and she was babbling like a 2 year old and couldn't commprehend andything they were saying.

They then rushed her to the emergency room to see what was happening, the doctor had to take many tests to determine what it was, we then had to wait until tonight to hear her test results, it turns out this one medicine she was taking was slowly draining all strength in her liver, and because of that all her other medicine's couldn't get filtered and she was being overwhelmed with drugs.

Thankfully this thing is treatable and she will be able to go home within a few days. Another good reason this is good is because she is a Jehovah's Witness and doesn't believe in getting any blood or body parts from other people. I she had to get a blood transfussion or a dialisus she would refuse it and die.

And yet another good thing came out of this, my grandma and her siblings haven't talked in forever and my mom was calling them to let them know that this maybe my grandma's last few days, so they, in turn, called her room at the hospital and were able to talk to eachother.

My grandma was crying because of the joy of it all.

Well thank God she is still with us, don't you think?

ToMacco
Yes, that's good to hear.

UnknownBountyHunter
The medication that drained her liver--does this happen to everyone who takes it? If so, I smell a potentially enormous lawsuit arising...

Also, may I ask what the medication that caused this is called? Pharmaceutical or layman's name, I'm curious.

LanceWindu
I don't know about it happening to anyone else. I think she was allergic to it.

And I forget what the name is, it starts with a M though.

finti
how old is your Grandmother Lance?

mah
a happy end, good to hear

yerssot
pfew! good it ended well!

say... is anyone here a Jehova Witness too?

finti
????????confused

yerssot
as in the people with that religion, finti... yes, I know, that would exclude you

finti
why do you ask

yerssot
because I'm nosey

finti
we can all see that Pinocchio

yerssot
because I'm made of wood?

finti
no

PadmeSkywalker
That's good to hear Lance that she's okay. I think I know what medicene it is, my mom had to take it before she died. Of course they said it drained her liver because of all the bile that was accumulating that it needed to be drained. I still believe the doctors lied to me, but whatever. Again, that is good it had a happy ending.

Dim
How old is she???

LanceWindu
If I remember correctly she is 78.

Julie
I'm so glad that the tragedy was indeed averted.

mechmoggy
Yeah good news LW.

Captain REX
Phew! Good thing she lived!!! smile smile smile

My grandpa had a heart attack at his desk and banged his head on the table as he fell. sad sad sad

Captain REX
That was in July though.

Yellowish-green? Gross...

Why was she babbling like a two year old if it was her liver? When I read that part it sounded more like she'd had a stroke or something!

Tex
78? She's got a good 20 years left.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.