A Dalek vs. A Doombot

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Akuki
Which of the two mechanical monsters wins?
First battle is between the standard dalek and a standard Doombot, and the second is between an elite black dalek vs. a standard doombot.

grey fox
Dalek both times.

The Daleks have forcefields (strong enough to melt and completely ignore bullets) , their blasters kills 99% of things in a single hit, they can fly ect.

A single shot should mess the Doombot up good and proper...

Martian_mind
Exterminate...

Laminator_X
Daleks varied enormously in power/technology throughout their history.

TheTick

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Dalek

grey fox
Originally posted by Laminator_X
Daleks varied enormously in power/technology throughout their history.

I assume were using current incarnation.

Laminator_X
60's-70's Daleks: Doombot wins easily
80's-90's Daleks: Doombot wins, but requires more effort
Current Daleks: Dalek wins

Space M ummy
Originally posted by Laminator_X
60's-70's Daleks: Doombot wins easily
80's-90's Daleks: Doombot wins, but requires more effort
Current Daleks: Dalek wins

Doombots in a massive curbstomp. The Doombots are EXACT replicas of doom, and are even programmed to think like he does. Doom is one of the top two minds on the planet (between him and richards) and in addition to being a super genius, has strategies devised to combat pretty much anything. In terms of who has the tactical advantage, it's unquestionably doom.

In terms of equipment, A Doombot's armor is again an exact replica of Doom's armor, which is hovering somewhere around current Iron Man technology. It has a force field built in that's clearly superior to dalek technology:

good luck penetrating that, Daleks.

In addition to a force field it's decked out with everything from standard repulsor rays, to TIME RAYS that can send a target back to the mezozoic era, to power spheres that banish a target to another dimension, to area mind control devices... (remember, daleks are organic beings inside battle armor) the list of insane devices doom has thought up and incorporated into the armor is nearly endless. Oh, and Doombots have a strength level somewhere around the level of the Thing. (class 70-80, depending on the doombot.)

There's nothing a Dalek can bring to the table that doom (and therefore the doombots) hasn't come up with before. Dalek's are a one trick pony- their energy blasts can certainly be blocked (see the season 1 finale of the current Dr. Who series) and their fields aren't impenetrable. (note how the cult of skaro was blasted to pieces by their own minions, force fields be damned) Doom is considerably more resourceful.

Doombots win 10/10

rougeredmage

Space M ummy
Originally posted by rougeredmage
The basis of you argument seems to be that the dalek will lose this battle due to the doom bots superior intellectual abilities.

no, I'm saying the superior intellect as well as battle experience of doom gives him an advantage. (for this fight, I'm assuming a doombot is programmed to believe it IS doom as is usually the case.)

Doom has fought everything from street level thugs to asgardian gods. He's conquered the planet numerous times and beaten entire teams (FF, Avengers, Xmen) on his own. A Dalek does not have this level of experience to drawn on.

In addition, Doom possesses a level of intellect that makes "genius" look like elementary education. Again, Doom has his own personal army of sentient superpowered androids, shrink rays, working time machines, mind control equipment, molecular displacers, transmutation tech, as well as tech to cross dimensions with. Daleks dont have anywhere NEAR this level of tech to play with.

I'm basing this fight on what I've seen of the daleks from the current series.

uh, I'm basing the fact that dalek shields aren't as good based on the fact that Doom's shields took the full force of a nuke, a direct hit from the beyonder, AND the infinity gauntlet with no ill effects.

in contrast, current Dalek shields have been pierced TWICE by standard energy rifles: once by the "weakest link" bot during Doomsday and again when the cult of skaro was obliterated when the human/dalek hybrids they created turned on them during the third season.

that's a far cry from the kind of punishment doom's armor is capable of doling out.

Akuki
From what I've seen, it seems a fallacy to be giving Doom's feats to Doombots, the type of shield that they operate under seems to be far weaker than the one that Dr. Doom himself uses, after all the doombots are regularly smashed by the Thing, who has far more difficulty getting through anything Doom personally has on him. Plus while the doombotsmay think they are Doom, they don't possess anywhere near his level of intellect.

Space M ummy
Originally posted by Akuki
From what I've seen, it seems a fallacy to be giving Doom's feats to Doombots, the type of shield that they operate under seems to be far weaker than the one that Dr. Doom himself uses, after all the doombots are regularly smashed by the Thing, who has far more difficulty getting through anything Doom personally has on him. Plus while the doombotsmay think they are Doom, they don't possess anywhere near his level of intellect.

incorrect. Doombots operate on PRECISELY the same level Doom does, UNLESS Doom is in the area in which case a limiter kicks in to scale their power down.

in terms of intellect and strategy, they're also indistinguishable from the actual Doom. For all intents an purposes, Doombots are perfect Doom clones and this is how marvel uses them. Any assertion that "they can't be as good/smart/whatever" is baseless since any appearance by doom can and has been retconned into being a doombot depending on the writer.

In fact, the doom that owned the entire xmen team (colossus, nightcrawler, wolverine, storm, cyclops) in about 3 panels turned out to be a doombot.

It's been stated many, many times that a doombot is totally indistinguishable from the real thing-in fact some combat doombots have ADDITIONAL firepower on top of the standard doom armor.

nice try though.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.