marvel zombies invade dc earth

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

lando005
That's right after chompin down sups in my sups vs marvel zombies thread the zombies find a way from zombie earth into dc earth with a now zombie superman in tow can the rest of dc hold out against the zombies

lando005
bump

basilisk
If they had any sense, DC Earth should win this easily.

Mind you if they had any sense Marvel Earth should have won quite easily. "Ooh look - a zombie Captain America, Ms Marvel, Hawkeye, and Wasp are running around in Times Square - everyone evacuate to the Helicarrier it's the end of the world!!! Now lets go down and fight them hand-to-hand so we get bitten!"

I mean really, the SHIELD snipers could have killed them all in 5 minutes.

lando005
Originally posted by basilisk
If they had any sense, DC Earth should win this easily.

Mind you if they had any sense Marvel Earth should have won quite easily. "Ooh look - a zombie Captain America, Ms Marvel, Hawkeye, and Wasp are running around in Times Square - everyone evacuate to the Helicarrier it's the end of the world!!! Now lets go down and fight them hand-to-hand so we get bitten!"

I mean really, the SHIELD snipers could have killed them all in 5 minutes. dont you know? hand to hand is the preferred way to fight zombies

basilisk
Originally posted by lando005
dont you know? hand to hand is the preferred way to fight zombies

yeah it's like they all wanted to be bitten...

Doctor Strange was down there fighting zombie Shang-Chi shoulder to shoulder with the other zombies - DR STRANGE!?? That's how dumb it was. He was shown casting spell at Shang. Later, the Shang-Chi zombie is still fine - go figure.

Anyway, I think the DC heavy hitters pick them off with ranged energy attacks. Superman and Martian Manhunter could kill them all from space by themselves.

lando005
Originally posted by basilisk
yeah it's like they all wanted to be bitten...

Doctor Strange was down there fighting zombie Shang-Chi shoulder to shoulder with the other zombies - DR STRANGE!?? That's how dumb it was. He was shown casting spell at Shang. Later, the Shang-Chi zombie is still fine - go figure.

Anyway, I think the DC heavy hitters pick them off with ranged energy attacks. Superman and Martian Manhunter could kill them all from space by themselves. superman's one of the zombies remember this is a continuation from another thread i made

grey fox
Batman wins.

It's that simple shifty

cool

lando005
Originally posted by grey fox
Batman wins.

It's that simple shifty

cool laughing laughing out loud

ragesRemorse
The green lantern corps alone would take car of the zombie problem

Tazer
Yo.

hell, a single GL could prolly cure the virus; all he'd need would be sumbody like Mr. Terrific or some other bio-geneticist.

Tazer

darthgoober
Originally posted by Tazer
Yo.

hell, a single GL could prolly cure the virus; all he'd need would be sumbody like Mr. Terrific or some other bio-geneticist.

Tazer
I think that if it were that easy, Surfer or Galactus wouldn't have ended up as zombies...

Tazer
Yo.

Originally posted by darthgoober
I think that if it were that easy, Surfer or Galactus wouldn't have ended up as zombies...

Surfer got bum-rushed, as did Galactus from wat I recall; Im coming from the viewpoint of a GL & 1 other managing to escape becoming infected AND THEN dealing with the problem.

Tazer

lando005
Yo.

Surfer got bum-rushed, as did Galactus from wat I recall; Im coming from the viewpoint of a GL & 1 other managing to escape becoming infected AND THEN dealing with the problem.

Tazer no offense but it's like zombie luke cage said cant hustle a hustler, if reed, hank, tony, bruce, and the rest couldn't come up with a cure then nobody's gonna

Symmetric Chaos
Someone bites Batman.
Batman makes the same mistake as ReedRichards.
Batman infects Spectre.

End Game no expression

Tazer
Yo.

Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Someone bites Batman.
Batman makes the same mistake as ReedRichards.
Batman infects Spectre.

End Game no expression

Spec isnt flesh & blood really, so I HIGHLY doubt that'd work

Tazer

Tazer
Yo.

no offense but it's like zombie luke cage said cant hustle a hustler, if reed, hank, tony, bruce, and the rest couldn't come up with a cure then nobody's gonna

it doesnt take a super-smart man to solve a problem, but the RIGHT man.

Mr Terrific, w/access to the GLC database, has in his hands the means to either wiping this problem out or making sure no other civilisation gets put at risk.

Tazer

lando005
Yo.

it doesnt take a super-smart man to solve a problem, but the RIGHT man.

Mr Terrific, w/access to the GLC database, has in his hands the means to either wiping this problem out or making sure no other civilisation gets put at risk.

Tazer and no one on marvel earth "was the right guy"? we could say the same about reed and the others but they didn't have the time to figure it out same would happen here if anything it would go even faster seeing as how all the marvel superheroes are infected not fighting it off like when the virus broke out the dcu's gonna get bumrushed and infected

Tazer
Yo.

and no one on marvel earth "was the right guy"? we could say the same about reed and the others but they didn't have the time to figure it out same would happen here if anything it would go even faster seeing as how all the marvel superheroes are infected not fighting it off like when the virus broke out the dcu's gonna get bumrushed and infected

Reed isnt always the goto guy, this is a simple fact of comics AND life.

and the MU-heroes did have time since IIRC everything didnt happen w/in the span of 1 hour; that infection took time. most of those who got infected didnt have the ability to get off-planet as fast as a GL can, and as I recall the only ones who could do so were Sentry, IM & Ms. Marvel.....and they werent all infectd 1st were they?

U COULD write the story where the DCU gets bum-rushed, but I feel theyve got a bit more on hand power-wise to deal with something like this.

Tazer

lando005
Yo.

Reed isnt always the goto guy, this is a simple fact of comics AND life.

and the MU-heroes did have time since IIRC everything didnt happen w/in the span of 1 hour; that infection took time. most of those who got infected didnt have the ability to get off-planet as fast as a GL can, and as I recall the only ones who could do so were Sentry, IM & Ms. Marvel.....and they werent all infectd 1st were they?

U COULD write the story where the DCU gets bum-rushed, but I feel theyve got a bit more on hand power-wise to deal with something like this.

Tazer it took 3 days for the entire marvel earth to become infected with all the powerhouses and brains on marvel earth nobody could come up with anything within that time span dc has about the same chances it's not like they see it coming they get bum rushed just like marvel earth same thing happens

Symmetric Chaos
Yo.

Spec isnt flesh & blood really, so I HIGHLY doubt that'd work

Tazer

They ate Galactus . . . who is also no flesh and blood.

To reiterate:

End Game no expression

Tazer
Yo.

it took 3 days for the entire marvel earth to become infected with all the powerhouses and brains on marvel earth nobody could come up with anything within that time span dc has about the same chances it's not like they see it coming they get bum rushed just like marvel earth same thing happens

if Magneto could keep from being infected, then so could a GL.

and if a GL survives, then they have a better chance than Marvel who didnt have any ppl in that range in that story beyond Sentry & Ms Marvel.

Tazer

Tazer
Yo.

To reiterate:

End Game no expression

however Galactus WAS alive....Spectre is NOT.

unless U think they can infect beings who dont conform to our description of "living".

Tazer

Symmetric Chaos
Yo.

however Galactus WAS alive....Spectre is NOT.

unless U think they can infect beings who dont conform to our description of "living".

Tazer

Like . . . zombified zombies?

Dare I imagine?

. . .

You were making some sort of valid point weren't you? Never mind, I have plotting to do.

lando005
Yo.

if Magneto could keep from being infected, then so could a GL.

and if a GL survives, then they have a better chance than Marvel who didnt have any ppl in that range in that story beyond Sentry & Ms Marvel.

Tazer magneto didn't last too long now did he and there are alot more who could have gone into space remember they ate galactus and surfer, and they have zombie sentry and zombie sups on their side, a gl isnt going to hold up against that type of power any one of the zombies who fed on big g can take lantern out

Tazer
Yo.

magneto didn't last too long now did he and there are alot more who could have gone into space remember they ate galactus and surfer, and they have zombie sentry and zombie sups on their side, a gl isnt going to hold up against that type of power any one of the zombies who fed on big g can take lantern out

Magneto was able to survive past those initial 3 days, and that with an infected Sentry already being a presence.

and as for Supes being an issue, well GLs can *easily* take him down they can exploit both of his weakness with a thought.

Tazer

lando005
Yo.

Magneto was able to survive past those initial 3 days, and that with an infected Sentry already being a presence.

and as for Supes being an issue, well GLs can *easily* take him down they can exploit both of his weakness with a thought.

Tazer cant say the same for the galactus powered zombies now can you besides there is only a hand full of gls on earth right now the rest got bigger things to worry about

Tazer
Yo.

cant say the same for the galactus powered zombies now can you besides there is only a hand full of gls on earth right now the rest got bigger things to worry about

but w/o Galactus, they had no way off-planet right??

Tazer

lando005
Yo.

but w/o Galactus, they had no way off-planet right??

Tazer they HVE galactus not to mention they all pretty much retain their minds so i'm pretty sure they could just build a shuttle... not like they need it now they're galactus powered

spetznaz
To be honest with you I love a good zombie story. However the entire run of Zombies invading Marvel Earth had a lot of PIS/CIS (plus an entirely new level of the same) going on. There were a LOT of characters who could have ended the Zombie infection ALL BY THEMSELVES. Some using technology, others using magic, and some using other founts of power sets/abilities. Many!

However the entire world was shut down, and once QuickSilver was bitten the infection spread much faster.

Now, move over to DC.

Once again, DC Earth shouldn't be taken over by Zombies (just as Marvel Earth, in a non-PIS environment) probably wouldn't even have noticed it HAD a Zombie infection before the entire thing was wiped out (goodness ....even Galactus was turned. That is just plain bull).

Anyways, there are certain characters that, if infected, could probably lead to over 85% infection rates in less than an hour. For instance, imagine if Zoom and the Flash were infected! It would be worldwide gehenna in no-time (although please tell me how Flash and Zoom could be bitten in a non-PIS setting, which is what KMC is ....or was ....supposed to be. Now, in a comic I am certain that some 'way' could be arrived at .....but it would have to be PIS. Flash once avoided being killed by a bullet when he felt the projectile start to imprint his flesh ...and moved! Thus how could he be bitten ....even if he was foolish enough to be in such a position in the first place? But, let us assume that PIS invades KMC and the Flash AND Zoom are bitten).

Now, we have a situation whereby the World is getting shutdown. All humans (almost all .....apart from those in 'special' situations, e.g. sailors deep underneath the ocean in submarines) are turned. Most of the superheroes are turned. The world is 85%+ zombie.

HOWEVER, there would still be a good number of EXCEEDINGLY powerful types that would be unharmed. Actually without even going too far into the super-powerful ones, look as someone like Wonderwoman. She could not be turned! It is that simple. First of all I doubt the infection could affect her, and second of all even if it did all she would have to do is meld with the earth, becoming one with it, and no more infection when she comes out. One of her powersets that is not often used, but a powerset nonetheless. Or take Aquaman (another character who is not even close to the 'super-powerful' types i was talking about). His water hand would cancel any Zombie that came within a certain radius, healing them. Or Zatanna (that is, if she decides to use her magic for what it could really do .....something that Strange could also have EASILY done, but decided to instead practice KungFu fighting with Zombies instead of simply levitating and showing them what a Sorcerer Supreme could do!)

Or, as someone mentioned, take a GL. ANY GL. Even John (who many in KMC assume to be one of the weaker ones when he is infact one of the stronger ones). All he would have to do is tell his ring to clear the infection. In the world. And it would be so (fortunately some DC writers remember that GL rings do far more than simply create green-hued force blasts, but that they can, when wielded by the right mind, do next to anything).

And going back to the Flash (and Zoom). Let's imagine that DC doesn't let PIS/CIS play a factor ....even for say just one hour (who knows, maybe the Zombie virus also comes with the PIS/CIS virus). Thus, Flash (and/or Zoom) know that there are zombies running amok, and they have access to a Machete.

Think of what Flash (or Zoom) could do to Zombies with just a simple piece of whetted steel in his hands?!? Most of the zombies would be instantly decapitated and the infection rate would be cut down drastically.

Anyways, a comic book would find a way for all of DC earth to fall to Zombies (in the same way that MArvel Earth fell). But it would have to be through PIS (in much the same way that Marvel Earth was not able to stop the infection). It would nontheless make a good story, but it would have PIS in it.

Conclusion:

Scenario 1:
With PIS DC Earth falls down.

Scenario 2:
Without PIS (as KMC should be) people on Earth probably don't even realize anything happened due to the speed at which the Zombie infection gets shut down.

grey fox
The thing about Galactus is however that in certain alternate universes he IS a flesh and blood being, not just energy.

It's not that ludicrous however, it's happened before (Green Giant with a metric f*ck-ton of UN's dropped a Big G skull into 616 verse...) and they (the writers) kinda made it acceptable in the fact that they hit Galactus (a UNAWARE Galactus) with an amplified PC blast....

Tazer
Yo.

they HVE galactus not to mention they all pretty much retain their minds so i'm pretty sure they could just build a shuttle... not like they need it now they're galactus powered

U didnt state that when ya started the thread, but while that makes it ALOT more difficult, my position still stands: as long as a GL and 1 other person can get away they have a chance to if not eliminate this threat, then contain it somehow.

Tazer

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by spetznaz
To be honest with you I love a good zombie story. However the entire run of Zombies invading Marvel Earth had a lot of PIS/CIS (plus an entirely new level of the same) going on. There were a LOT of characters who could have ended the Zombie infection ALL BY THEMSELVES. Some using technology, others using magic, and some using other founts of power sets/abilities. Many!

However the entire world was shut down, and once QuickSilver was bitten the infection spread much faster.

Now, move over to DC.

Once again, DC Earth shouldn't be taken over by Zombies (just as Marvel Earth, in a non-PIS environment) probably wouldn't even have noticed it HAD a Zombie infection before the entire thing was wiped out (goodness ....even Galactus was turned. That is just plain bull).

Anyways, there are certain characters that, if infected, could probably lead to over 85% infection rates in less than an hour. For instance, imagine if Zoom and the Flash were infected! It would be worldwide gehenna in no-time (although please tell me how Flash and Zoom could be bitten in a non-PIS setting, which is what KMC is ....or was ....supposed to be. Now, in a comic I am certain that some 'way' could be arrived at .....but it would have to be PIS. Flash once avoided being killed by a bullet when he felt the projectile start to imprint his flesh ...and moved! Thus how could he be bitten ....even if he was foolish enough to be in such a position in the first place? But, let us assume that PIS invades KMC and the Flash AND Zoom are bitten).

Now, we have a situation whereby the World is getting shutdown. All humans (almost all .....apart from those in 'special' situations, e.g. sailors deep underneath the ocean in submarines) are turned. Most of the superheroes are turned. The world is 85%+ zombie.

HOWEVER, there would still be a good number of EXCEEDINGLY powerful types that would be unharmed. Actually without even going too far into the super-powerful ones, look as someone like Wonderwoman. She could not be turned! It is that simple. First of all I doubt the infection could affect her, and second of all even if it did all she would have to do is meld with the earth, becoming one with it, and no more infection when she comes out. One of her powersets that is not often used, but a powerset nonetheless. Or take Aquaman (another character who is not even close to the 'super-powerful' types i was talking about). His water hand would cancel any Zombie that came within a certain radius, healing them. Or Zatanna (that is, if she decides to use her magic for what it could really do .....something that Strange could also have EASILY done, but decided to instead practice KungFu fighting with Zombies instead of simply levitating and showing them what a Sorcerer Supreme could do!)

Or, as someone mentioned, take a GL. ANY GL. Even John (who many in KMC assume to be one of the weaker ones when he is infact one of the stronger ones). All he would have to do is tell his ring to clear the infection. In the world. And it would be so (fortunately some DC writers remember that GL rings do far more than simply create green-hued force blasts, but that they can, when wielded by the right mind, do next to anything).

And going back to the Flash (and Zoom). Let's imagine that DC doesn't let PIS/CIS play a factor ....even for say just one hour (who knows, maybe the Zombie virus also comes with the PIS/CIS virus). Thus, Flash (and/or Zoom) know that there are zombies running amok, and they have access to a Machete.

Think of what Flash (or Zoom) could do to Zombies with just a simple piece of whetted steel in his hands?!? Most of the zombies would be instantly decapitated and the infection rate would be cut down drastically.

Anyways, a comic book would find a way for all of DC earth to fall to Zombies (in the same way that MArvel Earth fell). But it would have to be through PIS (in much the same way that Marvel Earth was not able to stop the infection). It would nontheless make a good story, but it would have PIS in it.

Conclusion:

Scenario 1:

Scenario 2:
Without PIS (as KMC should be) people on Earth probably don't even realize anything happened due to the speed at which the Zombie infection gets shut down.

Nice analysis however I disagree with the claim that PIS is the only way for Flash to be bitten. Part of Flash's character is he ain't to bright.

You also didn't mention that the initial source of the virus will be Superman (in this thread) so many characters who would seem invulnerable are vulnerable to the plague.

lando005
Nice analysis however I disagree with the claim that PIS is the only way for Flash to be bitten. Part of Flash's character is he ain't to bright.

You also didn't mention that the initial source of the virus will be Superman (in this thread) so many characters who would seem invulnerable are vulnerable to the plague. superman and every single marvel zombie including the pc powered ones

lando005
Originally posted by spetznaz

Now, move over to DC.

Conclusion:

Scenario 1:

Scenario 2:
Without PIS (as KMC should be) people on Earth probably don't even realize anything happened due to the speed at which the Zombie infection gets shut down. well.... you put a lot of thought into this

123KID
Superman infects the following key people:

Lex Luthor
Batman
Martian Manhunter
Black Adam

they then go into Bizarro World (it's still around right ?) and start infectinb Bizarro versions of everyone and lead their Zombie Bizarro selves against the other heroes
however with a flesh-lusted Superman MM and Adam + two major brains and prep artists on their side i can't see how they lose
if they get Flash it be over even quicker but i'm trying to be fair

Batman-Prime
Dr Fate solos shifty

En Sabah Nur X
Holy ****, I didn't know flash could do that!

You also didn't mention that the initial source of the virus will be Superman (in this thread) so many characters who would seem invulnerable are vulnerable to the plague.

I don't know how fast present day supes is compared to flash, but only if he's comparable, or the power cosmic zombies are comparable, would there be any chance to catch the flash.

Flash might not be too bright, but once he feels teeth touching his skin he'll move, before there's a bite, just like in the bullet scenario. That won't even happen if he sees or hears zombies anywhere near him, they won't get a chance to get that close to him.

There are several super speed and time traveling capable characters on dc earth, they should be able to undo everything even if the whole earth somehow got infected(for example getting help from the rest of the dc universe, going back and getting everyone prepared for the zombie arrival, etc.).

godking
realistically someone like the Juggernaut should not have been zombified.

I agree with Spetnatz there was a lot of PIS and CIS in the Marvel Zombies scenario.

lando005
Originally posted by godking
realistically someone like the Juggernaut should not have been zombified.

I agree with Spetnatz there was a lot of PIS and CIS in the Marvel Zombies scenario. realisticly none of the marvel characters should have beem zombified

godking
realisticly none of the marvel characters should have beem zombified some would some would'nt Juggernaut without PIS and CIS would'n tSince Classic Juggernaut cannot be physically harmed.

Master-Borg
it was ridiculous that Marvel got infected....so many characters could've taken out the entire zombie army by themselves

zombies have virtually no durability...any blast rips them to shreds

123KID
can you show me where this happened ?
"any blast" would include Punisher's attacks which didn't hold the zombies back

123KID
why ?
Zombie Sentry was the one to start it and he's like a cosmic fighting the Avengers
they had no chance

Master-Borg
Originally posted by 123KID
why ?
Zombie Sentry was the one to start it and he's like a cosmic fighting the Avengers
they had no chance

none of the zombies have any durability...at all. If cyclops does a mass area blast, they'd all be dust

123KID
so you've said a few times and still haven't proven

Master-Borg
Originally posted by 123KID
so you've said a few times and still haven't proven read the comics, the zombies were weak as hell, their body broke apart from any hit

Avlon
The Atom would solo the Marvel Zombies. smile

Sirius77

To reiterate:

End Game no expression

Marvel zombies... they even defy comic book physics. I dont like it.no expression

coreyg
Well, we shall see in October where our line of thinking goes, because Marvel Zombies 3 will pit the infected against the true Marvel heroes of the real Marvel Universe on Earth 616. I'm hoping that they listened to those who knew that the heroes fell too easily.

Avlon
Supes puts the Zombies on the moon.

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/...anvszombies.jpg
http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/...nvszombies1.jpg

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.