Thor and Nova vs Superman and green lantern(Hal)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

scuzz
classic Thor and Richard Rider Nova with Worldmind vs Superman and Hal Jordan Lantern!

Fight takes place on an evacuated earth with each team having a basic knowledge of each other!

who wins?

scuzz
any 1? do my threads suck or something?

DARKLORDCAEDUS
This may come down to Nova v. Hal.

scuzz
what is the majority feeling on these forums about thor vs supes?
i think nova is the more powerfull but he doesn't know how to use it fully, were as hal has it pretty much mastered,
i cant decide between the 2

guy222
Originally posted by scuzz
what is the majority feeling on these forums about thor vs supes?
i think nova is the more powerfull but he doesn't know how to use it fully, were as hal has it pretty much mastered,
i cant decide between the 2

Thor>Supes
Hal>Nova

Good match smile

llagrok
Originally posted by guy222
Thor>Supes
Hal>Nova

Good match smile

If Nova realized some more of his potential, this could be quite a fight. Hal hasn't impressed me lately :/

Skeets
Originally posted by llagrok
If Nova realized some more of his potential, this could be quite a fight. Hal hasn't impressed me lately :/
Hal's been fighting Parallax "Lately" :/

llagrok
Originally posted by Skeets

Hal's been trying to beat Parallax by sending green planes at him.

'nuff said.

pr1983

Originally posted by Skeets

zing...

Hal's been trying to beat Parallax by sending green planes at him.

'nuff said.

a green plane smashing you in the face coming from hal jordan isn't exactly a bad move...

besides, all he was trying to do was get parallax off him... hal knows well enough he isn't going to beat parallax one on one...

quanchi112
thor and nova win this

Tazer
Yo.

Thor might beat Supes, but RR aint beating Hal.

Rider got his ass handed to him by a guy who used to get beaten by FF; and Hal is good enuff that he could do the same AND win.

Tazer

guy222
Originally posted by Tazer
Yo.

Thor might beat Supes, but RR aint beating Hal.

Rider got his ass handed to him by a guy who used to get beaten by FF; and Hal is good enuff that he could do the same AND win.

Tazer

We agree. Who wins between Hal and Thor?

Skeets
Hal via Giant airplane...

Tazer
Yo.

Hal.

the easiest way is separating Mjolnir from Thor, and theres a number of ways he could do that.

Tazer

SnazzySmurph
Yo.

Dueling is legal in Paraguay as long as both parties are registered blood donors.

Smurph.

Priest
Yo.

thats pretty awesome.

Priest

scuzz
What does &gt mean?

Space M ummy
Originally posted by Tazer
Yo.

Hal.

the easiest way is separating Mjolnir from Thor, and theres a number of ways he could do that.

Tazer

I don't know if it's all that easy. Thor does have a grip with superman-level strength to contend with, plus mjolnir actively will try to return to thor if/when separated. this also isn't the old days. thor doesn't revert to don blake after 60 seconds.

Also consider mjolnir is a massively powerful energy sponge- its likely thor could just use the thing to absorb any beams/constructs hal sends his way.

Tazer
Yo.

Originally posted by Space M ummy
I don't know if it's all that easy. Thor does have a grip with superman-level strength to contend with, plus mjolnir actively will try to return to thor if/when separated. this also isn't the old days. thor doesn't revert to don blake after 60 seconds.

right, but we know that: 1) Thor can be made to miss catching Mjolnir upon its return, and if its close enuff he has to goto *it*; 2) Mjolnir can be sent away further than Thors throw would normally have made it go; and 3) Hal could fight him while intangible if he wanted to. big grin

Also consider mjolnir is a massively powerful energy sponge- its likely thor could just use the thing to absorb any beams/constructs hal sends his way.

granted, however GLs dont have to necessarily "beam" any effect they want to pull off, especially if its not leading to a construct. to whit: we've *seen* him teleport ppl/objects b4 w/o the a green beam leading from his Ring to watever the target was, and quite a few times that we can say its not needed.

Tazer

llagrok
Originally posted by pr1983
zing...

a green plane smashing you in the face coming from hal jordan isn't exactly a bad move...

besides, all he was trying to do was get parallax off him... hal knows well enough he isn't going to beat parallax one on one...

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e156/marvelkris/fun%20pics/regis.jpg

Validus
Originally posted by pr1983
hal knows well enough he isn't going to beat parallax one on one...
Yeah, not like he's Kyle Rayner or anything.

Space M ummy
1 and 2) assumes Thor throws it first thing, which he may or may not.
If he does, Hal is probably going to be fairly busy avoiding getting hit by the damn thing, as a Thor thrown hammer hits VERY, VERY hard.

also consider Hal's in trouble if Thor launches a GFB instead of throwing it.

3.) thor can hit intangible beings with little difficulty.

True, but whether or not a green beam is seen, we're still looking at Oan energy being used offensively against the hammer. Who's to say the hammer wouldn't simply absorb the energy used to try to teleport it?

batdude123
Superman and Hal for the solid win.

Tazer
Yo.

1 and 2) assumes Thor throws it first thing, which he may or may not.
If he does, Hal is probably going to be fairly busy avoiding getting hit by the damn thing, as a Thor thrown hammer hits VERY, VERY hard.

also consider Hal's in trouble if Thor launches a GFB instead of throwing it.

3.) thor can hit intangible beings with little difficulty.

actually 1 & 2 do no such thing, and avoiding it doesnt take much since the hammer has been dodged by ppl who DONT have spr-spd. as for 3) it would still take Thor some time to realize just wat's happening, and thats something Hal can make use of as he's very sharp.

and Thors GEB is something that he needs time to build-up, even if its not much of a build-up, but its not like Hals gonna give him that time.

True, but whether or not a green beam is seen, we're still looking at Oan energy being used offensively against the hammer. Who's to say the hammer wouldn't simply absorb the energy used to try to teleport it?

this would make it a debatable point either way, since Im not aware of Thor being that sensitive to something affcting Mjolnir while in his hand OR how fast he'd react to it happening.

Tazer

llagrok
Nova doesn't have any feats that put him on level with Superman and Hal. Killing a tired Annihilus doesn't really cut it :/

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.