Booster Gold

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Devil Lance
So I think we can all agree that as skeets would say Booster Gold #1 was teh awesome

I think this was one of the better #1's i've read in awhile
and the preview at the end was extremly intresting aswell
discuss all thing Booster Gold here

TheTick
Is he....heroic again?

pr1983
now i really want to read this, ima have to pick it up next time i go comic shopping...

was it really that good?

Devil Lance
Originally posted by pr1983
now i really want to read this, ima have to pick it up next time i go comic shopping...

was it really that good?

I'd say so smile

Devil Lance
bump

pr1983
Originally posted by Devil Lance
I'd say so smile

i'll give it a look so...

AcousticDoc
So is Ted kord Alive again from that last panel?

Akuki
Originally posted by AcousticDoc
So is Ted kord Alive again from that last panel?
Not yet anyways, it seems like their just portraying events that he is taking part in as his duties as a time cop, so that panel probably predates Kord's death, they did hint that Booster might go back and save him though.

AcousticDoc
Originally posted by Akuki
Not yet anyways, it seems like their just portraying events that he is taking part in as his duties as a time cop, so that panel probably predates Kord's death, they did hint that Booster might go back and save him though.

that's what I thought too. But it can't be predating his death cause the new blue beetle is there in the background!

Morridini
Ooooog, if they bring back Ted Kord I really have to read these comics. Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance

Citizen V
This comic was great, light-humoured fun and it really is showing what a hero Booster Gold can be with the right direction, after all that's all he's ever wanted to be; the only catch being that no-one will know about it, they'll still think he's the same old loser.

I think that's great.

And Skeets just makes this title for me:

Teh Awesome.

TheTick
Skeets = awesome.
Fun loving Booster = awesome.
Ted coming back = Thank you god.

He freaking rocks.

Juntai
My comic shop sold out, but he told me he'd have more in soon and put one back for me. I told him I expected it to be a hot seller, with Johns on the title. He laughed and agreed.

Morridini
Speaking of bringing back Ted, how is the new BB doing? Never got around to reading any of the new series.

DigiMark007
Co-signed. I'll be following it until it starts sucking. But right now I'm intrigued.

Validus
Originally posted by DigiMark007
Co-signed. I'll be following it until it starts sucking. But right now I'm intrigued.
You're supposed to quote the post that you co-sign, n00b. You are so reported.

pr1983
laughing out loud

just read it, really good stuff, looking forward to the next one...

DigiMark007
Originally posted by Validus
You're supposed to quote the post that you co-sign, n00b. You are so reported.

*deletes the report*

Anyway, he needs to save Ted. That'll be cool, and could potentially retcon some insane stuff leading up to IC.

Validus
I hadn't even thought about angle. Ted being alive would pretty much change everything about Infinite Crisis. If Lord never kills Ted, that means he probably never takes control of Superman and Wonder Woman never kills him. If WW doesn't kill Max, the JLA doesn't break up prior to the start of Infinite Crisis.

The JLA breaking up along with Superman, Batman, and Wonder Woman turning on one another is what got Earth 2 Superman to start his crusade to fix the universe.

Blair Wind
and if that happened a whole years worth of comics will have meant nothing no expression

hmm interesting if they play it right though....maybe a tangent what if on that angle?

Citizen V
I hadn't even thought about angle. Ted being alive would pretty much change everything about Infinite Crisis. If Lord never kills Ted, that means he probably never takes control of Superman and Wonder Woman never kills him. If WW doesn't kill Max, the JLA doesn't break up prior to the start of Infinite Crisis.

The JLA breaking up along with Superman, Batman, and Wonder Woman turning on one another is what got Earth 2 Superman to start his crusade to fix the universe.

He should just totally, go into the future and get Ted Kord's eventual corpse, and then swap them just before he gets shot.

That'd own.

No-one'd ever think of doing that before.

Validus
Originally posted by Blair Wind
and if that happened a whole years worth of comics will have meant nothing no expression

hmm interesting if they play it right though....maybe a tangent what if on that angle?
Alex and SBP would still do their part even without E2 Superman but the whole situation would have been resolved a lot quicker and without the death of Conner and the other Titans.

Blair Wind
Originally posted by Citizen V
He should just totally, go into the future and get Ted Kord's eventual corpse, and then swap them just before he gets shot.

That'd own.

No-one'd ever think of doing that before.

laughing

That would be awesome

DigiMark007
Alex and SBP would still do their part even without E2 Superman but the whole situation would have been resolved a lot quicker and without the death of Conner and the other Titans.

I just love the thought that with all these possibilities, freaking Booster Gold has the potnetial to rearrange DC canon as much as, say, the Anti-Monitor did.

Morridini
Can Booster go to alternate timelines? Or just the current one?

Devil Lance

but remember SBP and Alekander Luthor had already gotten out of the dimension they were in so it probably would still have happened

Devil Lance

except for Pantha evil face

Pantha sucked

Validus
Pantha didn't do enough to suck. She just existed.

willRules
The Hal Jordan Death certificate was interesting and the reference to the Final Crisis on Rip Hunter's chalkboard where it read 1985 + 2006 = 2008?????

DigiMark007
Originally posted by willRules
The Hal Jordan Death certificate was interesting and the reference to the Final Crisis on Rip Hunter's chalkboard where it read 1985 + 2006 = 2008?????

Rip's chalkboard was sweet. There was all kinds of random references to stuff. I particularly liked "Ignore Countdown...focus elsewhere". It was like breaking the 4th wall, since no one's really calling it Countdown inside the DCU.

Superherovandal
Rip's chalkboard was sweet. There was all kinds of random references to stuff. I particularly liked "Ignore Countdown...focus elsewhere". It was like breaking the 4th wall, since no one's really calling it Countdown inside the DCU. Seriously nearly all the things that Rip writes basically breaks the 4th wall.

willRules
Rip's chalkboard was sweet. There was all kinds of random references to stuff. I particularly liked "Ignore Countdown...focus elsewhere". It was like breaking the 4th wall, since no one's really calling it Countdown inside the DCU.

I'd like to know who is resting in peace? Rip was standing in the way of the name yes

Validus
I'd like to know who is resting in peace? Rip was standing in the way of the name yes
Darkseid

Superherovandal
Rip's chalkboard was sweet. There was all kinds of random references to stuff. I particularly liked "Ignore Countdown...focus elsewhere". It was like breaking the 4th wall, since no one's really calling it Countdown inside the DCU. I'm guessing "elsewhere" is the Sinestro Corps war...wow...he's subliminally advertising his own crossover in Booster Gold...and telling people to forget about Countdown...Geoff Johns is something else.

pr1983
Originally posted by Superherovandal
I'm guessing "elsewhere" is the Sinestro Corps war...wow...he's subliminally advertising his own crossover in Booster Gold...and telling people to forget about Countdown...Geoff Johns is something else.

i'd always wondered how they could have the final crisis and the sinestro corps war and keep them seperate given they were so huge, until i eventually assumed that they're both one and the same (in their own way)

oh, and hal is the new ion...

shifty

Superherovandal
i'd assume with Anti-Monitor and Superboy Prime in it that it would have a major impact on Final Crisis...

pr1983
Originally posted by Superherovandal
i'd assume with Anti-Monitor and Superboy Prime in it that it would have a major impact on Final Crisis...

yup, exactly what i'm thinking...

Blair Wind
Originally posted by pr1983

oh, and hal is the new ion...

shifty
roll eyes (sarcastic)

I just like Kyle more than Hal and would rather Kyle be Ion....after he shows us how badass he can be as Parallax

Validus
Here's a tip. Shifty eyes = lie

Endless Mike
I just read it and it was pretty good.

I'm hoping against all probability that Final Crisis involves the Great Evil Beast somehow

Morridini
Originally posted by Morridini
Can Booster go to alternate timelines? Or just the current one?

Interesting question...

Akuki
Originally posted by Morridini
Interesting question...
I think so, because hasn't Hunter shown the ability to visit different worlds of the 52, and Gold is basically working for him.

Devil Lance
Anyone get the second issue yet it was great

especially the part where booster Gold gave Sinestro the idea of the Sinestro corps

and next issue its jonah Hex

DigiMark007
Yeah, it still rocks.

willRules
yes

I want to see booster Gold go to another world though, not another time yes

DigiMark007
yes

I want to see booster Gold go to another world though, not another time yes

Nah, at least I'm familiar with the characters. But if it's a well-known universe like KC or Red Son, it might be interesting.

willRules
Fair enough yes

Rorschach

Blair Wind

willRules
Since it involves the spoiler I will put it in spoiler tags but If she never gets shot, she never becomes Oracle, and then the world dies because as Oracle she has saved everyone's ass a million times over erm

But if she never gets shot she may remain as Batgirl and in which case prevent those very same disasters from occurring as Batgirl yes

Blair Wind
But if she never gets shot she may remain as Batgirl and in which case prevent those very same disasters from occurring as Batgirl yes

Wouldnt happen. As Batgirl she didnt have the resources to do that, as she would be limited to whatever Batman has. And as many times as Bats has saved the day, Oracle does it in a bigger fashion in the sense that she has almost the entire superhero community to work with, helping them help the world while Batman is only one man who happens to sometimes work with the JLA.

Its about the fact that she is always helping EVERYONE out that if that event was changed and she never became Oracle, LOTS of bad things would happen to the timeline that came from it. At least IMHO

willRules
Wouldnt happen. As Batgirl she didnt have the resources to do that, as she would be limited to whatever Batman has. And as many times as Bats has saved the day, Oracle does it in a bigger fashion in the sense that she has almost the entire superhero community to work with, helping them help the world while Batman is only one man who happens to sometimes work with the JLA.

Its about the fact that she is always helping EVERYONE out that if that event was changed and she never became Oracle, LOTS of bad things would happen to the timeline that came from it. At least IMHO

Well maybe the accident wouldn't have caused her to become Oracle, maybe she would have eventually become Oracle or an Oracle esque character anyway? wink

Citizen V
He's not going to stop it.

He's there to protect the timeline, not mess around with it; that'd make him no better than the people he's trying to stop.

(The one exception to that would be Ted Kord, with whom his hetereosexual love is so strong that he'd break all the rules for him).

ScarletSpider
Booster and Beetle: Hetero life-mates forever. They should make that series.

*T*
Spoiler

Teds back bitches!! But for how long!!

llagrok
A.J....spoiler properly...

*T*
Not AJ and donno how. smile

Citizen V
Lulz.

Raz thinks otherwise.

DigiMark007
TED!!

...also, did anyone actually care about Ted Kord before OMAC?

ermm

King_Mungi
Yes, but I like obscure underated characters sad

DigiMark007
Anyone besides Mungi, then? He doesn't really count.

stick out tongue

I missed a couple issues recently but got the most recent one. It's still pretty high quality stuff, though my fervor for endorsing it has lessened somewhat since the awesome first issues or two.

King_Mungi

stick out tongue

Mother told me there would be days like this sad

willRules

stick out tongue

I was just about to type the same thing eek!

Now I feel bad for mentioning it sad

*Note to self, next time; be more dishonest.*

King_Mungi
....it's a sad day for Mungi fans...ie. my mom sad

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by King_Mungi
Mother told me there would be days like this sad

My eyes are wide open
But all that I can see is,
chapel bells are callin for everyone but-a me

King_Mungi
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
My eyes are wide open

.....I'm going to cut you wink

willRules
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
My eyes are wide open

Dude I feel sorry for Mungi but I'm not gonna marry him no expression

Yet. shifty

Symmetric Chaos
.....I'm going to cut you wink

nuts

King_Mungi
*waves finger in the air* You better be buying me dinner first... mmmmHmmm.

willRules
*waves finger in the air* You better be buying me dinner first... mmmmHmmm.

A whole dinner? including the rotten sandwiches and fish heads?

Meh, now marriage doesn't seem worth it.......the things I do for my new wife......

King_Mungi
A whole dinner? including the rotten sandwiches and fish heads?

Meh, now marriage doesn't seem worth it.......the things I do for my new wife......

Don't worry I'm easy wink ...*cough*..wait what?

Wait a minute, why would I be the wife? That's not fair sad

willRules
Don't worry I'm easy wink ...*cough*..wait what?

Wait a minute, why would I be the wife? That's not fair sad

Well I'm not gay Mungi, you'd have to be the wife. There try and beat that logic big grin

King_Mungi
Well I'm not gay Mungi, you'd have to be the wife. There try and beat that logic big grin

But...I'm not gay either.... sad

DigiMark007
Are we having another marriage?

willRules
But...I'm not gay either.... sad

I SAID TRY TO BEAT THAT LOGIC!!!!!! mad

If your to be my wife you need to learn your place, woman mad

Are we having another marriage?

Mungi's not my type, I prefer my dates.......female wink

Not bothered about the species though.....

Val
*reads thread*

http://i27.tinypic.com/2z7hjky.gif

King_Mungi
I SAID TRY TO BEAT THAT LOGIC!!!!!! mad

If your to be my wife you need to learn your place, woman mad

Yes sir sad *goes to the kitchen*

Sucks for you as all I can make is toast, but I put it on the max level where no human possibly could eat as it's so burnt. Why do toasters even have that anyways? confused

Mungi's not my type, I prefer my dates.......female wink

Not bothered about the species though.....

I perfer the wounded, especially leg wounds as it makes it quite diffucult to run away. Especially with a dart in their neck erm

Juntai
I missed the newest issue , but this series has been rediculously good.

Erik-Lensherr
A good final issue, in a very good run. smile

Soljer
Originally posted by Erik-Lensherr
A good final issue, in a very good run. smile

How very good? Is it worth picking up the entire thing? What is it about?

willRules
Originally posted by Soljer

It's worth waiting for the trades yes It's a fun romp through the DCU timeline in the first storyline. The second storyline involves rectifying the mistake of saving Ted Kord's life yes

Erik-Lensherr
Originally posted by Soljer

It's defenitly worth picking up the entire thing.

Raoul
that scene between booster and batman... if i wasnt so emotionally vacant, i would have bawled like a woman watching sleepless in seattle...

OneDumbG0
^ Bah. Woulda rather had nobody but Booster, Ted and Rip know. Maybe Barbara Gordon. But Batman? Him knowing is like everybody in DC knowing. Because when you have the personal respect of Batman... who cares what everyone else thinks! Personally, I was enjoying Batman being so utterly wrong about his true character. It would have been nice to see Booster carry all that weight for a while. I should hope that everyone has one of those secrets that they wish other people would find out, but revealing it themselves would cheapen it, so they hide it. It would have been nice seeing Booster struggle some more. The lil twist at the end was pretty cool though. Booster Gold is my 2nd favorite DC book after Green Lantern Corps.

Citizen V
Booster's Rip's dad?

It's definetly a great book, though.

Raoul
Originally posted by OneDumbG0
^ Bah. Woulda rather had nobody but Booster, Ted and Rip know. Maybe Barbara Gordon. But Batman? Him knowing is like everybody in DC knowing. Because when you have the personal respect of Batman... who cares what everyone else thinks! Personally, I was enjoying Batman being so utterly wrong about his true character. It would have been nice to see Booster carry all that weight for a while. I should hope that everyone has one of those secrets that they wish other people would find out, but revealing it themselves would cheapen it, so they hide it. It would have been nice seeing Booster struggle some more. The lil twist at the end was pretty cool though. Booster Gold is my 2nd favorite DC book after Green Lantern Corps.

i liked it srug

Originally posted by Citizen V
Booster's Rip's dad?

It's definetly a great book, though.

aye...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.