JLA #12 (Spoilers)...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Lucid Lui
Clearly Arthur/Orin (the real Aquaman) alive and well, even though he died a few months ago, but dressed in the current Aquaman's costume with the same hair and all.

Anyone else a little confused by this... ?

pr1983
Originally posted by Lucid Lui
Clearly Arthur/Orin (the real Aquaman) alive and well, even though he died a few months ago, but dressed in the current Aquaman's costume with the same hair and all.

maybe the old aquaman somehow transferred his consciousness into the new one...

or maybe benes just got mixed up, somebody sent him the wrong reference pic etc...

excellent issue though, best one in a while imo...

Darth Vicious
Ive been enjoying this volume so far. Ed Benes art is pretty good even though Black Canary and Red Tornados wife look exactly the same. Anyways, Red Arrow got sum in this issue, kool!

Validus
Yeah, either Meltzer wasn't aware of Orin's current situation or he spoiled the ending of Aquaman.

pr1983
Originally posted by Darth Vicious
Ive been enjoying this volume so far. Ed Benes art is pretty good even though Black Canary and Red Tornados wife look exactly the same. Anyways, Red Arrow got sum in this issue, kool!

i did notice in this issue though, that benes seemed to make a conscious effort to make them look different...

and yeah, kudos to roy...

King_Mungi
Who did Roy get with?

Citizen V
Geo-force.

Darth Vicious
Originally posted by Citizen V
Geo-force.
laughing

pr1983
Originally posted by King_Mungi
Who did Roy get with?

Geo-force.

laughing

t'was hawkgirl...

Darth Vicious
http://img337.imageshack.us/img337/678/redarrowhawkgirldd2.th.jpg

pr1983
Originally posted by Darth Vicious
http://img337.imageshack.us/img337/678/redarrowhawkgirldd2.th.jpg

was just about to post that...

though what was with tornado's reaction? he seemed a bit off during the issue...

might be the whole 'i was human and now i'm not' thing...

Validus
Originally posted by pr1983
i did notice in this issue though, that benes seemed to make a conscious effort to make them look different...

and yeah, kudos to roy...
You think Hawkman will give Roy kudos after he caves his skull in?

pr1983
Originally posted by Validus

laughing i don't imagine so... though dina would be royally pissed, and want revenge...

Validus
That's fine. Carter is an equal opportunity skull caver.

pr1983
That's fine. Carter is an equal opportunity skull caver.

laughing out loud

dude, what happened to your sig and avi?

Validus
I have no idea what you refer to.

jrodslam
Will Manhunter and Aqua join? Will they be invited? I sure hope not. That would just be too many members, imo. Hopefully if they do join, Vixen, Lightning or Geo-Force leaves. Maybe a JLA Gold and Blue team of sorts would be formed.erm

Validus
Aqua and Manhunter are joining Batman's Outsiders.

Though I gotta say, I wouldn't exactly shed a tear if Lightning, Vixen or Geo-Force left.

pr1983
I have no idea what you refer to.

cheeky... stick out tongue

Originally posted by jrodslam
Will Manhunter and Aqua join? Will they be invited? I sure hope not. That would just be too many members, imo. Hopefully if they do join, Vixen, Lightning or Geo-Force leaves. Maybe a JLA Gold and Blue team of sorts would be formed.erm

apparently one member leaves/dies/disappears in issue 14

Aqua and Manhunter are joining Batman's Outsiders.

Though I gotta say, I wouldn't exactly shed a tear if Lightning, Vixen or Geo-Force left.

neither would i... geo force... why on earth is he even there?

Citizen V
This title is so underwhelming IMO, I remember when JLA actually used to sell well and had good writing, but now it's pretty mediocre IMO.

I can't even stand Martian Manhunter with his new look, so I don't really want him to join.

I couldn't care less about Vixen or Black Lightning either, and Red Arrow? Really? What a stupid name.

Validus
It doesn't have enough action. I'm not the type who thinks a book needs action to be interesting but if theres one book that should have it, it's JLA.

Also think this team has too many B and C level heroes but thats just me and my idea of what the JLA should be.

Supermanluv
cheeky... stick out tongue

apparently one member leaves/dies/disappears in issue 14

neither would i... geo force... why on earth is he even there?

Geo Force hasn't joined the team, and I really like the dircetion Metzler was taking Vixen. She's potentially the most powerful being on the planet. I agree about Black Lightning, and Id much rather see someone like the Ray on the team.

My Dream Team:

Superman
Batman
Powergirl
Kyle
Plasticman
Zattana
Red Tornadoe
Wally West
Ray Palmer

Validus
Geo-Force was doing monitor duty so he's definitely on the team.

Supermanluv
It doesn't have enough action. I'm not the type who thinks a book needs action to be interesting but if theres one book that should have it, it's JLA.

Also think this team has too many B and C level heroes but thats just me and my idea of what the JLA should be.

To be fair even Morison's big 7 League had at lest 2 b listers, and the whole pantheon of Gods idea has been done. Id love Miller revamp the book in the same way he revamped the Avengers, in Ultimates.

Citizen V
JLA just seems poop compared to JSA.

It's the Moon Knight of team books for me IMO, definetly very well written but not nearly enough action.

Agreed with Val about too many C listers, the JLA is meant to be the big players, not bloody Geo-Force.

Supermanluv
Geo-Force was doing monitor duty so he's definitely on the team.

I was pretty sure that the team was only going to have 11 members !

Trinity
4.Black Lightning
5.Red Tornadoes
6. Vixen
7. Black Canary
8. Hawk Girl
9. Hal Jordan
10. Red Tornadoe
11. Wally West

smile

Validus
Originally posted by Supermanluv
To be fair even Morison's big 7 League had at lest 2 b listers, and the whole pantheon of Gods idea has been done.
Who?

Id love Miller revamp the book in the same way he revamped the Avengers, in Ultimates.
Miller only works when he can take the character from scratch and build them up from there. There's a reason his 616 work isn't received nearly as well.

Supermanluv
JLA just seems poop compared to JSA.

It's the Moon Knight of team books for me IMO, definetly very well written but not nearly enough action.

Agreed with Val about too many C listers, the JLA is meant to be the big players, not bloody Geo-Force.

B, and C listers can easilly become A listers when written properly. Take Black Adam and Power Girl for example. J.S.A.'s been better than J.L.A. since Waid left the book

Validus
I was pretty sure that the team was only going to have 11 members !

Trinity
4.Black Lightning
5.Red Tornadoes
6. Vixen
7. Black Canary
8. Hawk Girl
9. Hal Jordan
10. Red Tornadoe
11. Wally West

smile
Well, no.

http://img263.imageshack.us/img263/7254/2829cw2.th.jpg

Supermanluv
Who?

Aquaman, and Jonn Jonzz

Miller only works when he can take the character from scratch and build them up from there. There's a reason his 616 work isn't received nearly as well.

Rubbish, his Wolverine run was the best since the other Miller wrote him !

Supermanluv
Well, no.

http://img263.imageshack.us/img263/7254/2829cw2.th.jpg

I got it from what Metzler has stated in the past. Its not my fault he can't count ! He probably thought he's only written 11 issues, and there are 11 eggs in a dozzen, e.t.c.

Validus
Aquaman, and Jonn Jonzz
Aquaman and Jonn have always been firmly entrenched in League history. I doubt anyone batted an eye when Aquaman and Jonn were included in thet Big 7. Geo-Force? Guy was in comic book limbo and suddenly popped up to be a JLA member.

Rubbish, his Wolverine run was the best since the other Miller wrote him !
I was doing a stealth troll on Civil War. Guess I should have been clearer.

pr1983

the latter issues of the tornado's path arc were pretty good imo...

my JLA:

Superman, Batman, Hal, Diana, Roy & Kendra (book has to have a bit of an upbeat theme), Reddy and one other person of the writer's choosing...

i don't care about the rest of em, Vixen is so-so imo...

and i thought #12 was a fine issue by any standards, all i would have added was the actual fight with faust... benes can do action pretty well when he wants to...

Supermanluv
Aquaman and Jonn have always been firmly entrenched in League history. I doubt anyone batted an eye when Aquaman and Jonn were included in thet Big 7. Geo-Force? Guy was in comic book limbo and suddenly popped up to be a JLA member.

I don't disagree, but they WERE still B/C listers. If you stop argueing for the sake of arguing you will see that was my original point !

I was doing a stealth troll on Civil War. Guess I should have been clearer.

Well arent I SO stupid for getting the 616 universe mixed up with civil war. Mannn i've been such an idiot not to see that 616 must have always been used to mean Civil War.

Supermanluv
the latter issues of the tornado's path arc were pretty good imo...

my JLA:

Superman, Batman, Hal, Diana, Roy & Kendra (book has to have a bit of an upbeat theme), Reddy and one other person of the writer's choosing...

i don't care about the rest of em, Vixen is so-so imo...

and i thought #12 was a fine issue by any standards, all i would have added was the actual fight with faust... benes can do action pretty well when he wants to...

Id love to give Rucka a chance on J.L.A., as he's the only other half decent writer at D.C. who hasn't written it. smile

Validus
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v296/superdante/sandy.jpg

Supermanluv
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v296/superdante/sandy.jpg

*church bells ring, tumble weed passes by*

pr1983
Id love to give Rucka a chance on J.L.A., as he's the only other half decent writer at D.C. who hasn't written it. smile

i keep waiting for johns to go to didio and tell him he wants to do jla...

Validus
*church bells ring, tumble weed passes by*
I see it's still there. sad

I certainly apologize if I peed in your Lucky Charms this morning.

Supermanluv
i keep waiting for johns to go to didio and tell him he wants to do jla...

He's done it before, and it wasn't very good !

Supermanluv
I see it's still there. sad

I certainly apologize if I peed in your Lucky Charms this morning.

laughing

I like that one, I'll remember it next time I'm climbing off you're mums 'sandy' vagina ! smile

pr1983
He's done it before, and it wasn't very good !

meh, im sure johns would like to put right what once went wrong, and hope that each leap-

shit.

Supermanluv
meh, im sure johns would like to put right what once went wrong, and hope that each leap-

shit.

I think D.C. could do with signing some more talent. Mind you Gail Simone could probably have a good go as well, or that lad who writing the Shadow Pact at the moment !

Validus
laughing

I like that one, I'll remember it next time I'm climbing off you're mums 'sandy' vagina ! smile
Oh shit, a mom joke. You zinged me there good sir.

Seriously though, I'm not sure why you're getting so bent out of shape. I doubt I'm the only person who thinks it's somewhat off base to compare to the credentials and characters status of Geo Force and Aquaman.

Supermanluv
Oh shit, a mom joke. You zinged me there good sir.

Seriously though, I'm not sure why you're getting so bent out of shape. I doubt I'm the only person who thinks it's somewhat off base to compare to the credentials and characters status of Geo Force and Aquaman.

If you asked anyone who hadn't read D.C. before, he wouldn't have heard of either. Aquaman status, was strong during the beginning of the Silver Age, and whenMorisson took over the J.L.A., but silvergae/bronze age period Geo Force would have benn mginally more popular. I agree he's an unknown, but so were Huntress, Steel and Zauriel before Morisson.

pr1983
If you asked anyone who hadn't read D.C. before, he wouldn't have heard of either. Aquaman status, was strong during the beginning of the Silver Age, and whenMorisson took over the J.L.A., but silvergae/bronze age period Geo Force would have benn mginally more popular. I agree he's an unknown, but so were Huntress, Steel and Zauriel before Morisson.

you compared geo-force to aquaman?

Validus
If you asked anyone who hadn't read D.C. before, he wouldn't have heard of either. Aquaman status, was strong during the beginning of the Silver Age, and whenMorisson took over the J.L.A., but silvergae/bronze age period Geo Force would have benn mginally more popular.
Maybe I'm confused here. I'm pretty sure you could ask any random joe on the street who Aquaman is and they'd at least be able to tell you he's the guy who talks to fish. Even most posters here can't tell you anything about Geo-Force without first looking at his Wiki page. You're right about Manhunter though.

I agree he's an unknown, but so were Huntress, Steel and Zauriel before Morisson.
I'm not disagreeing. I really liked Morrison's expanded big 7 lineup but the keyword there is expanded. The big 7 was still there.

Supermanluv
you compared geo-force to aquaman?

Pretend for a minute that the J.L. cartoon wasn't the be All and end of the D.C. universe and you'll see what i mean ! wink

Supermanluv
Maybe I'm confused here. I'm pretty sure you could ask any random joe on the street who Aquaman is and they'd at least be able to tell you he's the guy who talks to fish. Even most posters here can't tell you anything about Geo-Force without first looking at his Wiki page. You're right about Manhunter though.

I don't live in America so i cant really comment on how things are over there, but expect that if that is actually the case, its because of the recent cartoon !

I'm not disagreeing. I really liked Morrison's expanded big 7 lineup but the keyword there is expanded. The big 7 was still there.

IMO using the so-called big seven limits things immensly. I do reckon that each J.L.A. should be founded on the Big 5, but Aquaman and Jonn should be optional. IMO there are other characters who are more easilly suited for the League, and eventually over time, they maybe able intergarted into an new big 7/10.

pr1983
Pretend for a minute that the J.L. cartoon wasn't the be All and end of the D.C. universe and you'll see what i mean ! wink

i actually only ever saw one or two episodes with aquaman in it... erm

aquaman is a legendary character...

Supermanluv
i actually only ever saw one or two episodes with aquaman in it... erm

aquaman is a legendary character...

Thanks to Morisson and the cartoon. Before 1999, he was nothing !

pr1983
Thanks to Morisson and the cartoon. Before 1999, he was nothing !

are you kidding? you ever watch superfriends?

Supermanluv
are you kidding? you ever watch superfriends?

Ohh yeah there is that .......

I've decided to rescind my point and settle out of court sad smile

TricksterPriest
Anyone else notice how we keep comparing this JLA to the big 7 and more specifically, Grant Morrison's JLA? hmm I think it's time we gave the book back to the Mad Scotsman.

pr1983
Ohh yeah there is that .......

I've decided to rescind my point and settle out of court sad smile

stick out tongue

Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Anyone else notice how we keep comparing this JLA to the big 7 and more specifically, Grant Morrison's JLA? hmm I think it's time we gave the book back to the Mad Scotsman.

i never read morrison's run... any tpb's you'd recommend?

Validus
i never read morrison's run...
WTF? Reported.

About Aquaman, yeah, he's mostly known in the public for Superfriends but he does have about 125 solo comics published since the first Crisis. That's not exactly a small feat.

pr1983
WTF? Reported.

About Aquaman, yeah, he's mostly known in the public for Superfriends but he does have about 125 solo comics published since the first Crisis. That's not exactly a small feat.

laughing

i did ask for recommendations...

jrodslam
Its true what was mentioned though. The JLA looks a bit on the B level compared to the JSA. They seem to be getting a new member everyweek.

Ive always thought Vixens totem powers were kinda lame, but siphoning the other heroes powers is just ridiculous now. The JLA usually only had 2 street lvl'ers. Red Arrow and Batman are it, so i dont have a problem with it.

Id quickly replace Vixen, Geo-Force and Lightning for Zatanna. Hell, id rather see Wallys kids in the JLA than Vixen, GF and BL.

EDIT: ALSO, the JSA is suppose to be getting Kingdom Come Superman? The JLA roster definately has to step up imo.

Supermanluv

i never read morrison's run... any tpb's you'd recommend?

Thats should be punishable by death !

Validus
Hell, id rather see Wallys kids in the JLA than Vixen, GF and BL.
Let's not get crazy here.

Supermanluv
Its true what was mentioned though. The JLA looks a bit on the B level compared to the JSA. They seem to be getting a new member everyweek.

Ive always thought Vixens totem powers were kinda lame, but siphoning the other heroes powers is just ridiculous now. The JLA usually only had 2 street lvl'ers. Red Arrow and Batman are it, so i dont have a problem with it.

Id quickly replace Vixen, Geo-Force and Lightning for Zatanna. Hell, id rather see Wallys kids in the JLA than Vixen, GF and BL.

EDIT: ALSO, the JSA is suppose to be getting Kingdom Come Superman? The JLA roster definately has to step up imo.

It look like Firestorm and John Stewart will joining the new League/Ghetto

pr1983

agreed... messed

Supermanluv

Its a well established fact that Wallys twins are A - listers !

Validus
Morrison's JLA

http://www.dccomics.com/graphic_novels/?gn=1378
http://www.dccomics.com/graphic_novels/?gn=1382
http://www.dccomics.com/graphic_novels/?gn=1383
http://www.dccomics.com/graphic_novels/?gn=1384
http://www.dccomics.com/graphic_novels/?gn=1385
http://www.dccomics.com/graphic_novels/?gn=1386

jrodslam

Im serious. Their powers are interesting plus they'd bring comedy to the team.

Starman has hardly done anything at all, yet i love every moment hes on panel. Its not like the kids dont have any experience at all.

Supermanluv
Morrison's JLA

One of the best team serries ever.Up there with ....

Claremounts original X-men
Waids FF4
Ellis's Authority
Millers Ultimates
Brynes FF4
Marv Wolvmans Teen Titans

Validus
Im serious. Their powers are interesting plus they'd bring comedy to the team.

Starman has hardly done anything at all, yet i love every moment hes on panel. Its not like the kids dont have any experience at all.
I liked the fun kid with Speed Force powers better when he was named Impulse. I resent Wally's kids.

Supermanluv
I liked the fun kid with Speed Force powers better when he was named Impulse. I resent Wally's kids.

Well thats two children safe from you're paedophilic desires.

Validus
Well thats two children safe from you're paedophilic desires.
sad

Supermanluv
sad

Its about time you where ousted !

jrodslam

Damn. What is it that you have against the twins?

Supermanluv

Great. Another Kiddy Fiddler !

Validus
The fact that Bart was taken out of Teen Titans where he was doing fine, aged for no good reason and put in a mostly mediocre book only to be killed off so they could spin it around and give us Wally and the family.

pr1983
Morrison's JLA

interesting...

i fear for wally now... god knows how much they'll focus on the kids rather than him...

Validus
interesting...

i fear for wally now... god knows how much they'll focus on the kids rather than him...
Yeah, thats part of it too. I would have been fine if we just got Wally back. Wally is a top 10 comic character IMO. No, no, we got Wally and his Impulse wannabe twins. mad

jrodslam
I dont think the twins are Impulse wannabes. They are only kids. Wallys kids at that. Plus the back and forth they do with eachother is interestingly cool. They appear to bit a bit smsarter than Impulse too.

I cant wait for their story to be explained. I do agree that Wallys a top 10 character. Hes my top 5 favorites in DC period. Its not the twins fault that they got rid of Bart. sad

Validus
I hope Bart comes back and speedblitzes them. mad

Devil Lance
Theres plenty of good DC writers who haven't had a run on the main JLA title

Gail Simone
Jim Starlin
John Rogers
Tony Bedard
Sean Mckneever
George Perez
Ron Marz
Paul Dinni
Fabian Nincenza

Grimm22

That about sums up how I felt when I saw this laughing

Grimm22

Iris? Maybe shifty

But, Jai will hopefully die of a steroid overdose. Seriously, I can't stand the kid, in attitude and in power. Plus, the kid keeps on switching from looking like Wally to looking like Linda. Make up you're mind DC! mad

EDIT:

World War III? What the f**k?

Looks like Didio failed at math

Supermanluv
Originally posted by Devil Lance
Theres plenty of good DC writers who haven't had a run on the main JLA title

Gail Simone (Good Idea)
Jim Starlin (Not his style, and too old)
John Rogers (Don't read Blue Beatle)
Tony Bedard (Just, NO)
Sean Mckneever
George Perez (Should stay drawing)
Ron Marz (Rubbish)
Paul Dinni (Too early to say)
Fabian Nincenza (Didn't really like his T.Bolts stuff that much, so probably a no)

I think this guy would be alright ! Bill Willingham

pr1983
Yeah, thats part of it too. I would have been fine if we just got Wally back. Wally is a top 10 comic character IMO. No, no, we got Wally and his Impulse wannabe twins. mad

i know... cry

nicieza has written superman decently enough, i'm sure he could give it a go...

pr1983
just read some of morrison's jla, t'was vol 4, strength in numbers...

was alright...

Validus
Get off my forum.

pr1983
Get off my forum.

laughing

what? did you want me to gush with praise or something?

Validus
Yes.

pr1983
Yes.

sorry stick out tongue i don't regret buying it, as it was an interesting read, but it didn't exactly capture my imagination either...

maybe i just bought the wrong volume...

Validus
I want your profile cleaned out in the next hour.

pr1983
I want your profile cleaned out in the next hour.

laughing

willRules
just read some of morrison's jla, t'was vol 4, strength in numbers...

was alright...

Is that the volume with Prometheus????? I never quite understood a villain that could take down Batman and then later get taken down by Alfred yes

pr1983
Originally posted by willRules
Is that the volume with Prometheus????? I never quite understood a villain that could take down Batman and then later get taken down by Alfred yes

yeah, it was the prometheus... alfred? i guess that issue wasnt in it... it has the first prometheus battle, it has when that guy september changes the laws of probability, when adam strange takes the league hostage, and when starro (i'm pretty sure its starro) tries to take over the world through people's dreams...

tjcoady
yeah, it was the prometheus... alfred? i guess that issue wasnt in it... it has the first prometheus battle, it has when that guy september changes the laws of probability, when adam strange takes the league hostage, and when starro (i'm pretty sure its starro) tries to take over the world through people's dreams...

but... but... those are AWESOME! C'mon! Dream of the Endless teams up with the Justice League to take out STARRO THE STAR CONQUERER?? What could be more fun.

Still, hands down, favorite Morrison JLA run has to be World War Three. (the good, original world war three, not the one where Black Adam just punches a lot of teenagers in the face and kills everyone).

pr1983
Originally posted by tjcoady
but... but... those are AWESOME! C'mon! Dream of the Endless teams up with the Justice League to take out STARRO THE STAR CONQUERER?? What could be more fun.

Still, hands down, favorite Morrison JLA run has to be World War Three. (the good, original world war three, not the one where Black Adam just punches a lot of teenagers in the face and kills everyone).

lol, i didnt say it was bad did i?

i'll have to look for that ww3...

Symmetric Chaos

Definitely up there.

I like that the physical threat of Mageadon was eclipsed by the panic his presence induced. Now that I think about it the writer was probably trying to make a reference to Lovecraft.

tjcoady
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Definitely up there.

I like that the physical threat of Mageadon was eclipsed by the panic his presence induced. Now that I think about it the writer was probably trying to make a reference to Lovecraft.

yea... I love that about Morrison, how this villian he was plotting towards since his first issue is basically the antithesis of everything the JLA, who, for Morisson, represented all that mankind could aspire to be. Great metatextual stuff. Plus, everyone in that comic had those kind of awesome character moments that just make you love reading comics still.

willRules

Yeah the bit with Alfred is a storyline in Batman (or Detective Comics, I forget) waaaayyy later where Alfred takes him down with a fire extinguisher to the back of the head yes

pr1983
Yeah the bit with Alfred is a storyline in Batman (or Detective Comics, I forget) waaaayyy later where Alfred takes him down with a fire extinguisher to the back of the head yes

ok...

nice sig + avi btw...

willRules
cheers big grin Yours too. I'm guessin Ed Benes?

Validus
yea... I love that about Morrison, how this villian he was plotting towards since his first issue is basically the antithesis of everything the JLA, who, for Morisson, represented all that mankind could aspire to be. Great metatextual stuff. Plus, everyone in that comic had those kind of awesome character moments that just make you love reading comics still.
None of that is good enough for pr. sad

pr1983
None of that is good enough for pr. sad

i obviously havent read that issue(s) yet... maybe it will...

Validus
Whoa nelly! Whats with all the hostility?!

pr1983
Whoa nelly! Whats with all the hostility?!

huh

willRules
YEAH pr, CALM DOWN mad

CALM DOOOOOOWWWNNNN!!!!! mad

...........You make me soooo angry no

Validus
YEAH pr, CALM DOWN mad

CALM DOOOOOOWWWNNNN!!!!! mad

...........You make me soooo angry no
He's already been reported. thumb up

pr1983
shrug

willRules
He's already been reported. thumb up

Thank goodness someone was there to sort him out yes

tjcoady
disliking Morisson's JLA is kinda like hating Christmas.

pr1983
Thank goodness someone was there to sort him out yes

sad

now, i want to hear this... c'mon, tell me...

jumpmann
I thought Morrison's JLA run was barely above average. Liked it, didn't love it. It was fun the first time you read it, but really doesn't hold up well.

Grimm22

So... Atheists hate Grant Morrison? confused

Juntai
Originally posted by Grimm22
So... Atheists hate Grant Morrison? confused Two out of three. laughing

willRules

But if Atheists don't like eccentric comic book writers, what in this world have they got left to like??????

Looks like they are stuck with Star Trek conventions yes

Supermanluv

Im an Atheist, I love Christmas, I Love Grant Morissons J.L.A. and i don't think you really have a clue about Mordern culture and Christmas.

P.S. Grant Morissons J.L.A. is one of the best Team Comics ever written.

tjcoady
I too am an athiest, I too love Christmas, and I too love Grant Morisson's JLA. I'd agree. one of the top five team comics ever written.

Martian_mind
They rocked hard.

Grimm22
Im an Atheist, I love Christmas, I Love Grant Morissons J.L.A. and i don't think you really have a clue about Mordern culture and Christmas.

P.S. Grant Morissons J.L.A. is one of the best Team Comics ever written.

Nope you're not allowed to celebrate Christmas no2

Or Chanukah no

And unless you're black you can't celebrate Kwanzaa either erm

But hey don't blame me, I didn't make the rules of the universe.

Alan Moore did

pr1983
Looks like they are stuck with Star Trek conventions yes

hey mad

willRules
lol no harm meant to any atheists or trekies out there, keep up the faith stick out tongue

pr1983
lol no harm meant to any atheists or trekies out there, keep up the faith stick out tongue

i'm one of the latter...

willRules
I have a friend who is a Star Trek fan, and to think..... I used to respect her stick out tongue

............says Will, the comic nerd embarrasment

pr1983
I have a friend who is a Star Trek fan, and to think..... I used to respect her stick out tongue

............says Will, the comic nerd embarrasment

laughing out loud

Supermanluv
Would someone be able to tell me why Warren Ellis run on the Justice League in Classified was really unpopular ? I've just read the Trade, and his League seriouly Kick some ass. I especially like his depiction of Jonn Jonnz, he's no longer the depressing Emo looser (as usually shown), but a witty badass Mofo ! I wish Ellis would transfer to D.C. and write the League !

tjcoady
Would someone be able to tell me why Warren Ellis run on the Justice League in Classified was really unpopular ? I've just read the Trade, and his League seriouly Kick some ass. I especially like his depiction of Jonn Jonnz, he's no longer the depressing Emo looser (as usually shown), but a witty badass Mofo ! I wish Ellis would transfer to D.C. and write the League !

you mean New Maps of Hell? I liked it. it wasn't AMAZING but I'm a huge Warren Ellis fan.

manjaro
i could have sworn orin was the dweller in the depths

Supermanluv
you mean New Maps of Hell? I liked it. it wasn't AMAZING but I'm a huge Warren Ellis fan.

Yeah, I love his depiction of the Martian Manhunter, he's a lot more Badass than normal. What other Ellis stuff do you like ?

willRules
I thought this issue of JLA was ok. I was a little annoyed at the fact that Red Arrow and Hawkgirl's relationship was pushed up a notch rather quickly, the writers could have spread their flirting over a couple more issues at least sad

pr1983
I thought this issue of JLA was ok. I was a little annoyed at the fact that Red Arrow and Hawkgirl's relationship was pushed up a notch rather quickly, the writers could have spread their flirting over a couple more issues at least sad

i thought it was good actually... they'd been flirting since what, issue 7? and when she found out about lian i thought that was a good catalyst for the progression of their relationship...

Deathstroke
Originally posted by Lucid Lui

Didio confirmed at the Baltimore Comic-con that the Aquaman in issue #12 is the new guy. sad

Lucid Lui
All that confirms to me is that it was a timing mistake that he was in the issue. It was clearly the original Aquaman that was talking.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.