What makes music music?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kelly_Bean
Does the vocalization of a song piece make it "music," or is it the instruments and everything along with instrumentation that creates the term "music" in your opinion?

Alpha Centauri
If there are instruments there, obviously the addition of vocals doesn't make it music.

Can you be more specific?

-AC

Strangelove
From Merriam-Webster:

a: the science or art of ordering tones or sounds in succession, in combination, and in temporal relationships to produce a composition having unity and continuity
b: vocal, instrumental, or mechanical sounds having rhythm, melody, or harmony

vivando-loca
pretty much if someone's singing or there's some form of intrument playing, even drums, it's music to me. *shrug*

lord xyz
Originally posted by Kelly_Bean
Does the vocalization of a song piece make it "music," or is it the instruments and everything along with instrumentation that creates the term "music" in your opinion? Ermm, music is sound that's organised/sequanced. That's how I see it.

Lil Grout
it is melody.... sounds... notes... stuff like that and they get put together to make awsome,beatuiful, shitty music

Blue_Hefner
rhythm

pepperjeff
Even talking can be music. So can some one banging together sticks or banging a rock on a skull.

Victor Von Doom
Originally posted by lord xyz
Ermm, music is sound that's organised/sequanced. That's how I see it.

Like a speech?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.