Scathan vs Thanos w/IG

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

charlemagne9746
Who wins?

quanchi112
something tells me this thread is for little old me.

charlemagne9746
Actually, I'm curious. Who do you think wins?

Priest
IG ftw

quanchi112
scathan

quanchi112
while thanos didnt lose with the ig but i dont think he could have defeated lt. scathan defeated protege who was basically lt. he pawned him like nothing while thanos had to get serious to defeat eternity. i feel thanos with the heart would destroy scathan, but the ig wouldnt be enough.

charlemagne9746
Originally posted by quanchi112
while thanos didnt lose with the ig i dont think he could have defeated lt. scathan defeated protege who was basically lt. he pawned him like nothing while thanos had to get serious to defeat eternity. i feel thanos with the heart would destroy scathan, but the ig wouldnt be enough.

ok...you surprised the hell out of me....you actually voted against Thanos.

quanchi112
Originally posted by charlemagne9746
ok...you surprised the hell out of me....you actually voted against Thanos. thanos can be defeated i never said he couldnt. but this celestial was just so freaking powerful its unreal. it would take a lot to defeat thanos with the ig but scathan could do it. i mean look how easily he defeated the protege, no effort at all.

charlemagne9746
thanos can be defeated i never said he couldnt. but this celestial was just so freaking powerful its unreal. it would take a lot to defeat thanos with the ig but scathan could do it. i mean look how easily he defeated the protege, no effort at all.

How would Scathan do it? Throw something over Thanos' head?

quanchi112
How would Scathan do it? Throw something over Thanos' head? well the only thing we have seen scathan do is the hourglass thing. but i feel if he can defeat a multiversal threat like protege like nothing he has the power to defeat the ig. the ig has been retconned not to be supreme anymore so this has a lot to od with my decision here. if the ig was strill at the top of the food chain and was able to defeat the lt my choice would be different but warlock gave up and never challeneged the lt. while scathan defeat protege who basically just became god like nothing. scathans power could defeat the ig. its the way it is.

guy222
Who wins?

Be careful of the baiting threads. Just comics

Warlock w/IG challenged LT

Scathan the Approver helped LT defeat Protege

Scathan FTW

quanchi112
guy do u think that scathan could defeat the lt?

joesdabest1
I think thanos would take this

guy222
guy do u think that scathan could defeat the lt?

I love LT. Biggest fan of the Celestials. I liked the issues with Scathan the Approver. Can Scathan defeat LT? IMO, no

quanchi112
Originally posted by guy222
I love LT. Biggest fan of the Celestials. I liked the issues with Scathan the Approver. Can Scathan defeat LT? IMO, no see for me its a tough one. becuz i feel lt could take the ig but so could scathan. i dont know who could take this but im leaning towards .....
scathan.

damn his one appearance. so many questions so few answers.

guy222
see for me its a tough one. becuz i feel lt could take the ig but so could scathan. i dont know who could take this but im leaning towards .....
scathan.

damn his one appearance. so many questions so few answers.

Living Tribunal has been around a long time. For me, his boss(TOAA) is the only one more powerful than him in Marvel. Granted powers to safeguard the Multiverse. When Adam had the IG, he 'destroyed' some of the Abstracts. With a snap of his fingers, LT remade em. Guardians of the Galaxy 46-50 debuted Scathan the Approver. Eternity/Hawkgod/Galactus/Beyonder appeared also. Scathan helped LT defeat the godlike Protege

Earth-691. Who knows, Scathan may appear again. Celestials are on their way to either confront or join Tiamut

Air Legend
Living Tribunal has been around a long time. For me, his boss(TOAA) is the only one more powerful than him in Marvel. Granted powers to safeguard the Multiverse. When Adam had the IG, he 'destroyed' some of the Abstracts. With a snap of his fingers, LT remade em. Guardians of the Galaxy 46-50 debuted Scathan the Approver. Eternity/Hawkgod/Galactus/Beyonder appeared also. Scathan helped LT defeat the godlike Protege

Earth-691. Who knows, Scathan may appear again. Celestials are on their way to either confront or join Tiamut

Isn't it officially declared by Marvel that the Living Tribunal is second only to TOAA?

guy222
Originally posted by Air Legend
Isn't it officially declared by Marvel that the Living Tribunal is second only to TOAA?

http://img523.imageshack.us/img523/6355/allnewofficialhandbookoyt3.th.jpg

Air Legend
http://img523.imageshack.us/img523/6355/allnewofficialhandbookoyt3.th.jpg

Yeah I know...that's why I was wondering why you said LT is great IMO when LT is greater by fact lol.

llagrok
Scathan is NOT the LT's equal.

Thanos.

Laminator_X
I would suggest that Thanos might use his powers more affectively than the Protege did.

llagrok
All the abstracts failed against Thanos when he had the IG. Is Scathan THAT much stronger than them?

quanchi112
Originally posted by Laminator_X
I would suggest that Thanos might use his powers more affectively than the Protege did. very good point. protege did lack expereince. but he witnessed the lt. i feel the lt is superior to the ig. scathan defeated protege with little to no effort.

quanchi112
Originally posted by llagrok
All the abstracts failed against Thanos when he had the IG. Is Scathan THAT much stronger than them? he defeated someone who just started mimicking the lt and claimed he was god. scathan was the most powerful celestial to ever grace a comic book.

you can make a case that he defeats the lt with this showing.

why does the lt bring him here if he doesnt need him. soon as scathan disapproved the protege was finished.

boriquaking55
Scathan was a dumb PIS-riddled character. However, his feats, however much complete bullshit they were, were impressive.

Priest
I wonder wat year did the Protege arc was made?

Symmetric Chaos
IG wins thanks to sheer number and consistency of feats IMO.

boriquaking55
I'd still give it to Thanos. It's ironic that the one time Quanchi goes against Thanos, still nobody agrees with him.

Priest
Originally posted by Priest
wouldn't the Scathan be retconed since the new hand books put LT above the Marvel U just under TOAA?

quanchi112

Thanos. why did the lt bring him to confront protege.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
IG wins thanks to sheer number and consistency of feats IMO. thanos didnt defeat the lt,. if he had that feat down i would give this to thanos. but thanos still had to exert himself to defeat eternity, while scathan showed barely any effort in defeating the protege who was a multiversal threat.

Symmetric Chaos
why did the lt bring him to confront protege.

Because the LT didn't have a green bubble.

starlock
Thanos IG for the win

All we know is protege mimicked LT power(s) we dont know to what extent, i think Thanos's past feats put him well above scathan

quanchi112
Originally posted by starlock
Thanos IG for the win

All we know is protege mimicked LT power(s) we dont know to what extent, i think Thanos's past feats put him well above scathan thanos has far more impressive feats indeed. but why bring scathan if he wasnt needed. nothing the ig ever did put him on a level with lt. protege was mimicking lt and saw beyonders powers and was already a stud but when he witnesses lt he became a threat to the mulitverse. protege was young and inexperienced. that was his downfall but he was powerful indeed.

quanchi112
Because the LT didn't have a green bubble. l wouldnt bring anyone like this unless he needed him. he brought this one celestial becuz his power was off the freaking charts.

quanchi112
with what we saw this celestial do u must take out of ur head all the other celestials. this one obviously was more powerful than any iother we have seen. to defeat soemone over eternity is unbelievable. he defeated someone who just obserevd and copied the lt's powers while eternity would have no chance for this and was intimidated as hell when he saw, this while scathan took him out like nothing.

Mr Master
Originally posted by Priest

Jun of 94'

Yea, Michael Gallagher didn't last in Marvel as a writer too long after that bomb.

That's a serious loophole writers take advantage of,
if they're dealing with obscure characters on a bigger scale,
they tend to miss a step in trying to make an over the top epic.

Like this comedy that is also irritatingly Canon,
Dormammu and Umar usurp the power of Eternity's Totality (Multiverse)

The Writers of that illogical nonsense (even by comic book standards)
were also fired,
not only that,
but they were publicly humiliated by the Marvel Editors in their own Comic:

http://img99.imageshack.us/img99/6589/et3dg1.th.jpg

laughing out loud

IG wins thanks to sheer number and consistency of feats IMO.

thumb up

Goddess Kali
Who the hell is Scathan ?

Laminator_X
The Tribunal may have chosen Scathan as his agent to prevent the Protege from witnessing any more of his own abilities, or learning their full extent. The LT has worked through agents more than once.

I'm thinking Protege could've defeated a Celestial if he knew what he was doing, but he didn't.

KMC_Drifter
My problem with this is that Eternity created the Celestials...so, I assume that means Scathan too. Eternity should be more powerful than those that he created. The IG is beyond Eternity...so, Thanos shouldn't have any problem in this fight.

Avlon
So Protege' was basically a cosmic parakeet...

Mr Master
Originally posted by Avlon
So Protege' was basically a cosmic parakeet...

laughing

Juntai
Originally posted by Mr Master
Jun of 94'

Yea, Michael Gallagher didn't last in Marvel as a writer too long after that bomb.

That's a serious loophole writers take advantage of,
if they're dealing with obscure characters on a bigger scale,
they tend to miss a step in trying to make an over the top epic.

Like this comedy that is also irritatingly Canon,
Dormammu and Umar usurp the power of Eternity's Totality (Multiverse)

The Writers of that illogical nonsense (even by comic book standards)
were also fired,
not only that,
but they were publicly humiliated by the Marvel Editors in their own Comic:

http://img99.imageshack.us/img99/6589/et3dg1.th.jpg

laughing out loud

thumb up Uhh, I doubt that was serious.
Giffen and Dematteis are two of the best ever.

Mr Master
Originally posted by Juntai
Uhh, I doubt that was serious.
Giffen and Dematteis are two of the best ever.

Not in Marvel. stick out tongue

Anyhow,

Giffen should stick to art and leave writing alone imo.
Dematteis shouldn't be used in serious Cosmic affairs imo.
Mcguire is stuck in the mid 80's.

Juntai
Originally posted by Mr Master
Not in Marvel. stick out tongue

Anyhow,

Giffen should stick to art and leave writing alone imo.
Dematteis shouldn't be used in serious Cosmic affairs imo.
Mcguire is stuck in the mid 80's. Giffen is fine. Check out Annihilation. That was his doing. From concept to storyboards to writing the bulk of it. And that may be the least of his accomplishments.
Dematteis is also OK, he's at his best when he's with Giffen though, probably. They've even won Eisner's together.
I don't even know the other guy though.

Mr Master
Originally posted by Juntai
Giffen is fine.
Dematteis is also OK, he's at his best when he's with Giffen though,

They may have been nice in other stories, but in this specific story,

they were garbage.

celestialdemon
C'mon people. This is ridiculous. No Celestial is more powerful than the LT. The only person who was able to stand up to the IG is the LT. Scathan and every other Celestial combined loses.

quanchi112
Originally posted by celestialdemon
C'mon people. This is ridiculous. No Celestial is more powerful than the LT. The only person who was able to stand up to the IG is the LT. Scathan and every other Celestial combined loses. scathan defeated a multiversal threat. hes unline any other celstial we have seen,.

KMC_Drifter
scathan defeated a multiversal threat. hes unline any other celstial we have seen,.

c'mon quanchi...even Mr. Master gives Thanos the win here

quanchi112
Originally posted by KMC_Drifter
c'mon quanchi...even Mr. Master gives Thanos the win here becuz he doesnt see scathan the way i do. scathan was powerful indeed. its still hard to go by becuz he had one showing but pawning protege like he did after he was as powerful as lt was to impressive to deny. this celestial is the real deal.

celestialdemon
scathan defeated a multiversal threat. hes unline any other celstial we have seen,.

Then where was Scathan when Thanos beat everyone except the LT?

You honestly think that a being created by Eternity is more powerful than someone who is way above Eternity? If so, why would he make that one Celestial that powerful?

What exactly did Protege do to usurp the LT's power, besides look like him?

quanchi112
Then where was Scathan when Thanos beat everyone except the LT?

You honestly think that a being created by Eternity is more powerful than someone who is way above Eternity? If so, why would he make that one Celestial that powerful?

What exactly did Protege do to usurp the LT's power, besides look like him? how do u know eterniy created scathan? this is a futuristic celestial. we dont know how powerful he is but what we saw him do makes him a badas of the highest level. eternity shit his pants when protege mimicked lt while scathan showed no expression.

Utrigita

Thanos.

According to that damm handbook (may it roast in the fiery pits of hell for all eternity evil face ) he is more powerful then him mad

quanchi112
Originally posted by Utrigita
According to that damm handbook (may it roast in the fiery pits of hell for all eternity evil face ) he is more powerful then him mad scathan is a badass in an alternate reality. but if we count scathan as in this thread hes a badass. no denying it. u may not like it but u have to accept his claim to fame.

Utrigita
C'mon people. This is ridiculous. No Celestial is more powerful than the LT. The only person who was able to stand up to the IG is the LT. Scathan and every other Celestial combined loses.

Yes they will if we rule out the Handbook and this incident, that indeed IMO was PIS of some of the highest level I have seen so far, near the level of Spiderman beating Firelord not nearly but its close.

Thanos should win no problem.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Utrigita
Yes they will if we rule out the Handbook and this incident, that indeed IMO was PIS of some of the highest level I have seen so far, near the level of Spiderman beating Firelord not nearly but its close.

Thanos should win no problem. if we rule of this incident then u dont have scathan. this is his nly incident. we cant rule it out to have scathan. this is the only time he appeared to my knowledge. so we must count it and scathan as the badass that he is.

King Kandy
Scathan takes this easy...

quanchi112
Originally posted by King Kandy
Scathan takes this easy... not easily. lets not go that far.

King Kandy
not easily. lets not go that far.
LT takes the IG easily, so Scathan should as well.

quanchi112
Originally posted by King Kandy
LT takes the IG easily, so Scathan should as well. first off protege was still some dumb kid playing with forces he couldnt have understood yet. thanos defeated eternity. thanos also defeated the rest of the abstracts at once. if lt would have taken the ig by force from warlock it wouldnt have been easy. would have torn reality apart and he wouldnt have done it with ease.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.