Battle of the Weezers... What if...?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

alterangel
Luke died as a child and leia died in a tragic speeder accident at 16.
The fate of the galaxy is up to Obi-Wan and the wise old Yoda. Yoda and Obi mind trick there way aboard the death star and sneak into the throne room where they confront the emperor and vader.

ANH Obi-Wan and ANH (time period and age even though we dont see him) Yoda vs. ANH Vader and ANH Sidious.

This time Obi doesnt have to sacrifice himself to save anyone.

Oh and for battle interest sake, sidious and yoda......

1. have lightsabers.
2. dont have lightsabers.

tulakhordpwns
sidious and vader win both
Vader looked like he was doing better than Obi-wan, and Sidious could still beat yoda.

alterangel
Originally posted by tulakhordpwns
sidious and vader win both
Vader looked like he was doing better than Obi-wan, and Sidious could still beat yoda.

sidious cant beat yoda. not on even ground. the only reason yoda lost to sidious was because he knew that clones were on there way into the senate chamber and he couldn't take clone troopers, royal guards, ect. and sidious at the same time.

and i dont know about the how well vader was doing, they looked about even when obi pulled the whole sacrifice trick

tulakhordpwns
Yeah, obi-wan and Vader were about even, but I think Vader would have won eventually.
Sidious can beat yoda, he got hit by lightning in RotS, he could have lasted a little while longer but he realized he couldn't beat Sidious so he decided to leave. And while we don't see Sidious fight in the OT (other than using lightning on Luke), yoda seems to have declined a lot, he has a hard time TKing the x-wing, and is stated to be weaker than ANH Obi-wan.

Gideon
I would like to see the proof that displays clonetroopers and Royal Guardsmen were on their way; when Mas Amedda fled the Senate chambers, he was in no visual hurry to call for help for his master. And, even supposing that that was the case, that was the Emperor as of RotS. This is ANH Emperor -- twenty years after the fact. The Emperor who has had two decades to dedicate himself to dark side training and knowledge. Sidious was able to reduce three powerful dark side acolytes (capable of summoning 'Darth Maul' that nearly defeated Vader himself) to ash and charred bones with one gout of Force lightning. He was also able to butcher fifty stormtroopers with Force lightning simultaneously as well. Meanwhile, Yoda has been meditating on a backwater planet without any new information or training. I'd say, in the Force, Sidious takes it without too much effort. A lightsaber fight? Meh, I'd argue that it'd be closer (since I doubt Sidious touched his lightsaber after RotS), but Sidious likely takes that as well, being in much better physical shape than Yoda (who is three years away from death). An all out fight? Sidious takes it.

Closer, but again, Vader's had two decades to push his Force powers to the limit. A lightsaber duel might be closer, but a Force fight is in Vader's favor. All out fight? Vader. If not, Palpatine comes and lends a hand.

darthsith19
Dude, Lucas states that by ANH Kenobi is stronger than Yoda, so Yoda is the weakest here. Palpatine ebats him for sure, if anything he's gotten stronger since ROTS, while Yoda has gotten weaker.

And ANH Kenobi is at most even with Vader, and would likely lose, though after a long fight.

Gideon
Yoda surmises in the Revenge of the Sith novelization that Obi-Wan will "never" be strong enough to defeat Darth Sidious, and you're telling me that Obi-Wan -- A New Hope Obi-Wan, for that matter, who is little more than a Force-empowered hermit -- is suddenly stronger than his nine-hundred year old mentor , despite having little-to-no access to the wealth of information he once had, as well as having to limit his interaction with the Force since the Emperor and Vader in particular were hunting him?

I personally find that hard to believe. RotS Yoda and RotS Sidious would annihilate ANH Obi-Wan. While I doubt Yoda had gotten stronger, I have a hard time concluding that he somehow got weaker -- aside from his ailing health. You've told us for years that Lucas has said that about Obi-Wan, and yet the counterarguments seem to conclude that he was referring to the characters who feature in A New Hope only.

darthsith19
Gideon, Lucas outright states that "By ANH Kenobi is the strongest good guy." Yoda is a good guy. Yoda is a good guy at the time of ANH, therefor is he were stronger, by the time of ANH Yoda would still be the strongest good guy. If Lucas was talking about only good guys in ANH, then he must be a douche, or else he thinks all sw fans are douches, because who would think that Kenobi wasn't the strongest good guy in ANH? If that's all he was saying, why say it at all, when it's already obvious? If that's all he was saying, then why say "by this time, Kenobi is the strongest good guy." Buy this time, it means he is talking about a time frame, stating that before Kenobi wasn't the strongest goouy. if he was talking about just ANH good guys, then who was the strongest before this time? Surely not Han Solo? laughing

It is quite obvious what he is saying, try to find a loophole, but there is none. However, it makes sense. "Sick have I become. Old and weak." it's quite possible that Yoda was already sick, old and weak by the time of ANH, just not to the point where death was upon him yet.

vader11
The Sith wins.

((The_Anomaly))
The Sith take it.

Darth_Glentract
Originally posted by darthsith19
Gideon, Lucas outright states that "By ANH Kenobi is the strongest good guy." Yoda is a good guy. Yoda is a good guy at the time of ANH, therefor is he were stronger, by the time of ANH Yoda would still be the strongest good guy. If Lucas was talking about only good guys in ANH, then he must be a douche, or else he thinks all sw fans are douches, because who would think that Kenobi wasn't the strongest good guy in ANH? If that's all he was saying, why say it at all, when it's already obvious? If that's all he was saying, then why say "by this time, Kenobi is the strongest good guy." Buy this time, it means he is talking about a time frame, stating that before Kenobi wasn't the strongest goouy. if he was talking about just ANH good guys, then who was the strongest before this time? Surely not Han Solo? laughing

It is quite obvious what he is saying, try to find a loophole, but there is none. However, it makes sense. "Sick have I become. Old and weak." it's quite possible that Yoda was already sick, old and weak by the time of ANH, just not to the point where death was upon him yet.

Dude, Yoda's not in ANH. The quote doesn't apply to him. Can I also have a source for that quote?

darthsith19
Originally posted by Darth_Glentract
Dude, Yoda's not in ANH. The quote doesn't apply to him. Can I also have a source for that quote?
Strongest good guy in ANH = strongest of the good guys in ANH = not Yoda cause he wasn't in ANH.

Strongest good guy at the time of ANH = all good guys alive during the time of ANH = Yoda is a good guy at the time of ANH.

The second one was what was said, so yes, Yoda does count, also, if only characters in ANH counted, then how could Kenobi "by this time be the strongest good guy." signifying that at a earlier time in his life he wasn't.

I assume you have ANH on dvd, so put the Audio Commentary on and listen to what Lucas has to say during the duel between Vader and Kenobi. That's when he said it.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.