Resident Evil: Extinction

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

steverules
http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1809697875/info

SelphieT
Looks like a major rip off of Land and Day of the Dead.

BinaryCleric
I agree, I hated all of Anderson's movies. He comes close next to Uwe Boll, as my list of most hated Directors.

allofyousuckkk
looks good

SelphieT
Originally posted by BinaryCleric
I agree, I hated all of Anderson's movies. He comes close next to Uwe Boll, as my list of most hated Directors.

Yeah, one thing I hate most about the resident evil movie series, is that it truly doesn't stay true to the video game series. I only saw the first one, and bits of the second, and I just hated them.

Wolfie
The first one was just eh. I didn't bother with the second. I won't bother with this one either.

Kazenji
I liked the first one the most its the only that closly resembles the games the most

Anderson only directed the first RE movie and as for the other two he only did the script for the films

the only one that i really like the most from all his movies so far is the mortal kombat.

SIC_666
Tyrant in this film??

upsidedown flip
Originally posted by SIC_666
Tyrant in this film??

Yes, thats a Tyrant.

ragesRemorse
I liked the first RE, the second was utter garbage. If i do see this movie it will only be for milla jovovich.

allofyousuckkk
I don't see how people don't like the second one. It had some stuff that was dumb, but it was good nonetheless.

ladygrim
i liked the first one but was disappointed with the second one so im not building my hopes up with this one

SIC_666
i actually liked the 2nd one more thn the 1st one lol

Gideon
Same here. I preferred RE2 (the movie) better than the first one, by far.

BinaryCleric
I believe Anderson is dating Milla Jovovich now, Or so I hear.

Discos
I enjoyed both movies, probably RE2 a little bit more due to the depth of history you get with the film on how this all came about.

This movie however looks garbage, I hate those movies (as mentioned) like Dawn of the Dead.
ok how do you get from a nuclear explosion at the end of RE2...to a totaly desert world.

I love Jovovich as an actress, no one else I could picture doing the RE role, she also kicks ass in Ultraviolet.

I am probably the worst person when it comes to the games, I just hate playing them and its due to the camera angle....but I love watching other people play them. Great storylines and characters.

Kazenji
I liked the first one more also with it it was more like the games with it being violent, But the second it was watered down i'm guessing so the younger kids could see it

This third one looks to be more like the first one for violence from a clip i've seen.

akema
I like them all, but the first was more violent. I hope the bring back the violence for this one.

Zilverz
the trailer looks good .. i will probably catch this one in theater

DARKLORDCAEDUS
I'm seeing this up at Sony pictures when it comes out. Loved the other RE movies.

LORD ALEXANDER
all i care is more of Milla Jovovich and i hope for another nude scene wink

Discos
heh, cheeky.

erm, I don't understand the trailer really - why a desert and why is Las Vegas up the shitter? fair enough the world is over run by a virus but no need to mess up Vegas stick out tongue

I'm gonna go read the plot outline on wiki....

Discos - ...not the whole plot mind, just the start to see what happened from the 2nd one.

Big Sexy
Well you know that usually in the game when a city has been infested with zombies, a bomb would be dropped on it right? And vegas is already in the center of the desert.

Prince Nauj
Im so effing mad. Why isnt Jill Valentine in this one?! She was awesome. Grrrrrrr

Sweet Escape
Thank Eragon for that. Shedualing conflicts. And the director decided to be more like the games, different character's in different storylines. In the novel of the book, Jill is very much part of the story line. But she has her own separate thing going on, away from everyone else. Still to this day though, there has been no comfirmation whether or not she will appear in a cameo role. I hope she does.

It's also suspected that Chris Redfield will have a cameo in this movie. I think it has to do with a cliff-hanger ending that includes also Albert Wesker

I do not believe that this is the final installment of the franchise. I've actually talked to a cast member, won't say his name but his role is very small, who said As far as he was informed, Alice does survive this film, and there are plans to make a fourth film.

Although I've heard Alice survives, I think this is the end of her story line. I think that the next movie will include more characters from the game, such as Rebbecca Chambers, and Leon S. Kennedy and characters from the previous two movies such as Jill, Claire, and Chris all going after baddie Wesker

Oh, and if you're wondering why I've neglected to mention Carlos It's because he's as good as dead after Extinction.

Prince Nauj
Thanks for the Info

Sweet Escape
No problem happy

It's almost here!!!

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Tomorrow RE: Extinction comes out. I can't wait./ It looks real good. Its its successful, part 4 is going. Anyhoo, I've liked Milla.

Mairuzu
Originally posted by Prince Nauj
Im so effing mad. Why isnt Jill Valentine in this one?! She was awesome. Grrrrrrr

Exactly what i was thinking, and she was hot...

Mairuzu
Going to see it right now

Mairuzu
welp... i give it a 7 / 10

fruits
pretty bad movie. the first one was good and then they just went down hill. Let me tell you why it was bad:

No character development. They introduced so many new characters, which provides such a good chance to improve story but all the new ones either died in one of the first fight sequences, or are gone to alaska, and we still no nothing about them. Also, all the older characters from the last movie who we actually know something about just die

Also the final battle was pretty anti-climactic for me.....

and with the ending you know there's gonne be a 4th....my guess is Resident Evil: Attack of the Clones

Sweet Escape
Okay, I have to admit, I loved this movie. It might be my love for everything Resident Evil, but I thought it was amazing.

I will admit though, it could have been better. I wish Claire was used more. She really could have done a lot more. I wish they would have at least mentioned Chris. I was kinda disappointed they didn't mention Jill, and only briefly referenced Angie. Remember how the convoy wanted Alice gone because of what happened in Detroit? Well in the novel, Umbrella took control of her, and forced her to shot Angie in the head. And I really wish LJ didn't die

But there is good news. Ali Later has mentioned a Resident Evil 4.

'Actress Ali Larter says she has "heard whispers" of a fourth "Resident Evil" film. The next chapter may spin off from the Alice arc and instead focus on Claire Redfield. "We'll see come Monday, right?" Larter said at today's press day in Las Vegas referring, of course, to the box office results for Resident Evil: Extinction which opens tonight at midnight.'

Source: http://www.shocktillyoudrop.com/news/topnews.php?id=1408

I really hope she's right. Cause I could just imagine watching Ali kick zombie ass on her own, not in Milla's shadow. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE Milla, but I think they should try to get more game characters in the movies.

The perfect movie for me, would be Claire is searching for her brother, but meets up with Leon. Kind of like Resident Evil 2, but obviously not in Raccoon City. That would be amazing.

Prince Nauj
Originally posted by fruits
pretty bad movie. the first one was good and then they just went down hill. Let me tell you why it was bad:

No character development. They introduced so many new characters, which provides such a good chance to improve story but all the new ones either died in one of the first fight sequences, or are gone to alaska, and we still no nothing about them. Also, all the older characters from the last movie who we actually know something about just die

Also the final battle was pretty anti-climactic for me.....

and with the ending you know there's gonne be a 4th....my guess is Resident Evil: Attack of the Clones
lol thats funny attack of the clones

the action scenes were good but it dragged in some parts and yep no mention of jill whats that all about grrr

Darth Vicious
I thought it was an ok movie, slightly better than the 2nd one. After It finished I got only one question left, still do "What was the purpose of this movie?" Escaping to Alaska? Alice creating her own Clone Corps? The best one I thought was, Just to have Ashanti in it and kill her within 30 minutes by having dozens of zombie crows peck her to death! Murda!

tylerTOXICITY
Ok, everyone said they were dissapointed with the second one and me well i think it was a very big step up from the first one, they took a risk...but it was a risk worth taking...
And i beleive the third one will be a great success.

steverules
I heard good things about the third installment of RE so I will probs go see it

Discos
The movie wasn't that bad but not entirely good either.

I enjoyed the second movie, probably my favourite of the 3 but this one didnt really make that much sense.

Yup everyone dies and Alice's army will be in the 4th one if it comes to another movie - but damn I do want to see a story with L Kennedy.

Anyways, back to the movie - the entire world is dead and a movie either set in the Desert or a laboratory just bored me. More imagination needed and more suspense - jumped once when it went quiet and a zombie popped up at the fence - eep.

Discos - 6/10

JustCallMeRaven
I liked the 1st two and i want to see this one!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.