Evan Almighty

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Discos
had a look and searched the forum for this thread, surprised not to see one.

Anyways I thought people would of already had a dig at it.

I believe it was released in the States a while back but it has just been took out over here in Britain.

for starters....I liked it, didn't see much wrong with it except on how long it took to finally get the ball rolling on building the damn ark and accepting it really was God talking to Evan.

Most expensive comedy ever made, thats crazy at over $200 million, film wasn't worth that at all (entertainment wise).

Carrell did another great job, however I don't think he portrayed his character from the original Bruce Almighty that good, he was more cockier and full of himself, this time he seemed more down to earth and a family man.
NO WAY would of the Bruce Almighty Evan of one that election to be voted into Congress, I wouldn't voted for the other man/women.

The animals had a minor role, which was good in itself becuase I hate watching animals on movie, don't see the point.

OH!!! another negative I have of this movie is that damn Wanda Skyes who is Evan's assistant on the Hill. She does my brain in, everymovie she is in she TRIES to be funny but just comes out crap, utter crap!

Discos - overall 7/10

Mr Parker
have just vagely heard of it.doesnt sound like a movie I have an interest in.sorry.

Discos
never seen a movie trailer at the cinema or that? It's been advertised for a long time bro

Mr Parker
well yeah the title rings a bell.Now that I think about it,I remember seeing the trailer for it,just quickly forgot about it because it isnt my type of movie.have you seen Hairspray or No Reservations by chance?

Discos
nope sorry I have not, haha, you've got me there because those are not my cup of tea.

However, No Reservations has been highly regarded as a great movie by several of my friends (even a guy who is all action action).

Anyways, Evan Almighty is the sequel to Bruce Almighty. don't suppose yav seen that one? if not Definatly give that one a try.

Leggy_n_Merry
I didn't really like Bruce Almighty that much, and I love Jim Carrey. I don't think he's ever going to make a funnier film than Liar Liar (in my opinion). Anyway... I think Steve Carrell's hilarious, ever since seeing him in Anchorman so I will see this eventually. I don't tend to see films like this in the cinema though so it might be a while until I see it.

Discos
meh, some good points there, firstly...have to agree with the Carrey movie, probably a 2nd close with Pet Detective.

The movies don't have much reality to them, God always choses to talk to the upperclass white American guy...yeah right, I'm sure there is more pressing matters to hande in places such as the middle east or Africe. Not so Morgan Freeman can wind up professional men trying to do their jobs.

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Bruce Almighty starring Jim Carrey was a very funny movie. There was never any need for a sequel. That said, Evan Almighty was funny in parts. Carrel did a good job. I look forward to his Get Smart remake.

Leggy_n_Merry
Originally posted by Discos
meh, some good points there, firstly...have to agree with the Carrey movie, probably a 2nd close with Pet Detective.

The movies don't have much reality to them, God always choses to talk to the upperclass white American guy...yeah right, I'm sure there is more pressing matters to hande in places such as the middle east or Africe. Not so Morgan Freeman can wind up professional men trying to do their jobs.

Ace Ventura... yeaaah I love that too!

Nope that's true. But I don't know if they'd be able to make a comedy movie out of that, it seems too serious.

gingercaily
i've seen this film but i still preferred Bruce Almighty..For me evan is just simple and little bit boring compared with Bruce almighty..

Faith27
Bruce Almighty is much more funnier than to this movie.....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.