dr strange,dormammu vs mordru,dr fate

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

quanchi112
battle of the sorcerers,who wins?

Sundipped
Team Marvel FTW.

quanchi112
but i thought dc is better in the magic department?

Sundipped
Originally posted by quanchi112
but i thought dc is better in the magic department?

Overall yes but not in this fight.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Sundipped
Overall yes but not in this fight. i just wanted to be a jerk. dc really emphasizes magic more than marvel. they really get into it. marvel i think has them outright whooped in the cosmic department.

spetznaz
Originally posted by Sundipped
Overall yes but not in this fight.

Why?

I am not saying that either team would win (personally I deem the two teams to be direct analogues of each other ....e.g. look at Fate and Strange ....both 'sorcerer supremes,' both with vastly powerful amulets i.e the amulet of Agamotto and the amulet of Anibus that enhance their magical abilities, both have access to higher entity beings i.e. Nabu and the Vishanti, both have access to other realms of existence i.e Strange's home in Manhattan that is actually not in our dimension, and Fate's tower that is literally a doorway to another realm, and both fill the same role in their respective universes! And both are darn powerful, with the ability to increase upon that juice whenever needed. !?!?)

Thus, I am not interested in who would win. As stated, I find the two to be equals. Nearly perfect equals.

What I want to know is why you think it is so obvious that the Strange/dormammu team would win. That is what puzzles me.

Please enlighten me, if you can.

p.s:
As for Dormammu and Modru, there you have another interesting quandary. For one, both are eternal (Dormammu is whatever he is ...some demonic magical entity, while Modru was never born and can never die ...how in goodness name do you even kill such a thing if it cannot even die in the first place).
Both are immensely powerful, and have certain advantages and disadvantages over the other.
For instance Dormammu is pure magical energy ....and he can take care of the unkillable modru by simply taking him into some dimension where he cannot escape (Jakeen Thunder did something similar, although what dimension that might be is quite interesting ....since modru is beyond power. But he always comes back ...)
However, modru is not to simply be written off against Dormammu. Think of it this way, Modru is not only very powerful, he is also able to siphon off power from ANY magical entity or object (he has done the same by taking power from the Rock of Eternity, the Starheart, and even the body of a being called Arion).
And what is Dormammu comprised of ....you guessed it ...magical energy!
Do you really want to be Dormammu next to Mordu?

Anyways, I see a tie (with either being able to take out the other from the battle ....not kill, simply magical BFR).

But I am curious as to why you think the Dormammu/Strange team would so obviously win against Fate/Mordu. In fact the more I think of it ......

Sundipped
Originally posted by spetznaz
Why?

I am not saying that either team would win (personally I deem the two teams to be direct analogues of each other ....e.g. look at Fate and Strange ....both 'sorcerer supremes,' both with vastly powerful amulets i.e the amulet of Agamotto and the amulet of Anibus that enhance their magical abilities, both have access to higher entity beings i.e. Nabu and the Vishanti, both have access to other realms of existence i.e Strange's home in Manhattan that is actually not in our dimension, and Fate's tower that is literally a doorway to another realm, and both fill the same role in their respective universes! And both are darn powerful, with the ability to increase upon that juice whenever needed. !?!?)

Thus, I am not interested in who would win. As stated, I find the two to be equals. Nearly perfect equals.

What I want to know is why you think it is so obvious that the Strange/dormammu team would win. That is what puzzles me.

p.s:
As for Dormammu and Modru, there you have another interesting quandary. For one, both are eternal (Dormammu is whatever he is ...some demonic magical entity, while Modru was never born and can never die ...how in goodness name do you even kill such a thing if it cannot even die in the first place).
Both are immensely powerful, and have certain advantages and disadvantages over the other.
For instance Dormammu is pure magical energy ....and he can take care of the unkillable modru by simply taking him into some dimension where he cannot escape (Jakeen Thunder did something similar, although what dimension that might be is quite interesting ....since modru is beyond power. But he always comes back ...)
However, modru is not to simply be written off against Dormammu. Think of it this way, Modru is not only very powerful, he is also able to siphon off power from ANY magical entity or object (he has done the same by taking power from the Rock of Eternity, the Starheart, and even the body of a being called Arion).

Anyways, I see a tie (with either being able to take out the other from the battle ....not kill, simply magical BFR).

But I am curious as to why you think the Dormammu/Strange team would so obviously win against Fate/Mordu. In fact the more I think of it ......

This is a hard fight to judge. It'll most likely be a whatever u do I can counter match that'll go back and forth. Strange can siphon energy as well like the magic from the Chaos dimension where Shuma Gorath is from. Dorammau has challenged Eternity and shown how his power numerous times.

How about the teams win in their respective universes.

quanchi112
Originally posted by spetznaz
Why?

p.s:

But I am curious as to why you think the Dormammu/Strange team would so obviously win against Fate/Mordu. In fact the more I think of it ...... what happened to mordu in the great darkness saga. yes he got owned and badly. he didnt know what hit him. darkseid isnt even in dormammus league. its boring to say a tie anyways. this wouldnt be a tie. there is only one dr strange while there have been many dr fates. mordru and dr fate lose to these two imo.

Superherovandal
After hearing Spetnatz's arguement i'm inclined to say its a tie or Mordru Dr. Fate.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Superherovandal
After hearing Spetnatz's arguement i'm inclined to say its a tie or Mordru Dr. Fate. read great darkness saga and see how easily ds defeated a confused and bewildered mordru.

Erik-Lensherr
Mordru and Fate

quanchi112
Originally posted by Erik-Lensherr
Mordru and Fate name me a feat that puts mordru on the same level as dormammu.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.