Hulk Smash!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Bouboumaster
The list under this all loose against the Hulk and that's a fact. However, who gots the best chance to survive or who gives the best match to Hulk?

- Storm
- Namor
- Hercules
- Wolverine
- Spider-Man
- Dr Doom (no prep)
- Four Fantastic (no bloodlust for Sue, even if Hulk could probably beat her)
- T'Challa
- Captain America
- Iron Man (Extremis)
- Iron Man (Hulk Buster)

Priest
Doom would beat the hulk

kevdude
Is this regular hulk?

Bouboumaster
WWHulk

CaptainStoic
None of the above. Hercules however could match him for a little while, but would not beat him.

lando005
if they fought on hulk's terms like shown in wwh yes they loose but if they fight with their brains then most of them would beat the hulk

Soljer
Originally posted by kevdude
Is this regular hulk?

Current versions unless otherwise stated.

Meaning, unless the poster says otherwise, yeah, it's 'world war hulk.'

Who isn't an incarnation of Hulk, but, rather, a story line he appears in.

Thusly, it is five comics (plus tie-ins) versus a ton of people that are insanely powerful....

Iron man whips out a lighter, and all the issues go up.

Or Logan shreds them.

Or Storm makes their ink run.

Or...

Those comic issues don't have a friggin CHANCE!

Bouboumaster
The Queston is: Who, in the list, can takes more then 4/10 against WWHulk?

Priest
Originally posted by Bouboumaster
The Queston is: Who, in the list, can takes more then 4/10 against WWHulk?
Doom ftw

guy222
Originally posted by Bouboumaster
WWHulk

WWH destroys em

Ptr_Grifin
Does Spider-Man get a cement truck?

redhotrash
Well, being that Namor has beaten Hulk virtually every time they are in the same room, I'd give him a win. Doom should take it handidly even without prep, and the main losers here are the people who have to wait until after the summer is over for this b.s. arc end. If Marvel wanted to throw their writer's integrity into a woodchipper, I wish they'd make them go in after it.

janus77
Doom's the greatest threat there... he's got enough tricks up his sleeves (literally) to buy time for some planning.

also, he could just bfr Hulk via magic, though not for very long - but enough to win a KMC match though.

llagrok
Originally posted by janus77
Doom's the greatest threat there... he's got enough tricks up his sleeves (literally) to buy time for some planning.

also, he could just bfr Hulk via magic, though not for very long - but enough to win a KMC match though.

Not for very long? How'd you reckon Huc would get back if Doom sent him to another planet?

Namor and Hercules are the best matches. Hulk has yet to knock Namor unconscious, so I suppose that would be a pretty decent fight.

lando005
everyone except maybe herc and wolverine would beat him

Utrigita
Storm could probably take some wins.
Hercules would take also give him a good fight.
Namor... under the right conditions he IMO would beat him.

CaptainStoic
Namor was nearly beaten to death by the Hulk, he is not in Hulks league, hell Herc showed Namor who was boss on many occasions when they were on the same Avengers roster, and the Hulk has shown Herc who was boss therefore this isn't a contest. All of these characters together could give him a run for a minute or two but the longer this fight continues the slimmer the chances become for all of the above defeating him.

lando005
everyone on this list has beaten hulk before one way or another they may have a much harder time beating the current hulk but i think most of them can do it (in a non pis enviroment ofcouse)

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by llagrok
Not for very long? How'd you reckon Huc would get back if Doom sent him to another planet?

Well I guess the exact same way he did the last time he was sent to another planet.

Hercules
Originally posted by CaptainStoic
Namor was nearly beaten to death by the Hulk, he is not in Hulks league, hell Herc showed Namor who was boss on many occasions when they were on the same Avengers roster, and the Hulk has shown Herc who was boss therefore this isn't a contest. All of these characters together could give him a run for a minute or two but the longer this fight continues the slimmer the chances become for all of the above defeating him.

Hulk has never beaten Immortal Hercules, only mortal Herc, Namor also has wins over the Hulk and Hercules battles with Namor have been inconclusive.

jrodslam

When was Namor nealy beaten to death by the Hulk? I hope youre not referring to the Annual 98.confused

Also, Herc showed Namor who was boss on many occasions? In fights? What instances are these? As far as i know, theyve tussled 4 times. 2 were stalemates and the 2 in water, Namor had the advantage.

CaptainStoic
I can't remember off hand but he had to be save by Herc when both team of Avengers fought him in Mexico just before he was sent to the cross roads, this is when he nearly killed Namor. Besides it took Hulk to stop Onslaught's physical form not Namor... how is this even debatable? Herc fought Namor on Avengers island and he showed him up, without much effort. This all happened when they were on the same roster.

Hercules
I can't remember off hand but he had to be save by Herc when both team of Avengers fought him in Mexico just before he was sent to the cross roads, this is when he nearly killed Namor. Besides it took Hulk to stop Onslaught's physical form not Namor... how is this even debatable? Herc fought Namor on Avengers island and he showed him up, without much effort. This all happened when they were on the same roster.

When Herc fought Namor on Avengers Island which was then still Hydro base, the fight was 50 50 and got split up by Captain Marvel if I recall correctly and Herc was only fighting with Namor to get him out of his depression.

Namor was hardly "shown up" confused

CaptainStoic
Herc is also seen under water resisting forces that Namor could not.

Hercules
To me this looks like a punch for punch stalemate...

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y226/jjschm20/Hercules/AvengersV1262-14.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y226/jjschm20/Hercules/AvengersV1262-15.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y226/jjschm20/Hercules/AvengersV1262-16.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y226/jjschm20/Hercules/AvengersV1262-17.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y226/jjschm20/Hercules/AvengersV1262-18.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y226/jjschm20/Hercules/AvengersV1262-19.jpg

Thanks to Olympian and the respect thread for the scans, saved me a job of digging the issue out!

jrodslam

There was a time where the Avengers were underwater stuck in a putty-like substance. Namor couldnt break free, but Herc muscled(leg mainly) his was free.

As Hercules just stated the fight on the island was 50/50 and was broken up by Marvel.

As far as Hulk and Onslaught, it really has no relevance here. Namor actually has a pretty good record against the Hulk 1v1. In water, Namor can match up to and beat anyone, and even on land(as long as hes hydrated), he can also beat anyone. Powerhouses that is.

Hercules
Herc is also seen under water resisting forces that Namor could not.

Yes he was but you talked like Hercules had beaten Namor, just pointing out that isn't the case.

jrodslam
Originally posted by Hercules
To me this looks like a punch for punch stalemate...

Thanks to Olympian and the respect thread for the scans, saved me a job of digging the issue out!

Yea..

Damn Avengers. We dont get many fights like that anymore. The classic ones are always better imo.

CaptainStoic
Namor can't beat the Hulk on land, and I assume that this fight would be on land because he is the only one that lives in water. the reason for me bringing Onslaught into this, is to support the notion of the Hulks ability to raise his strength as he becomes more excited, Namor nor any other of these characters can do this. The Hulk in essence can become so strong that even a drenched Namor's strength level in comparison to the Hulks would be like a babies compared to a silver backs.

llagrok
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Well I guess the exact same way he did the last time he was sent to another planet.

Spend a year there?

redhotrash
::sigh:: Namor HAS beaten hulk on land, and without PIS he'd do it again

Symmetric Chaos
Spend a year there?

Why not?

You managed to come up with a perfectly idiotic example. It would take him out of the fight but it's not even close to the solution you claimed it was.

Originally posted by redhotrash
::sigh:: Namor HAS beaten hulk on land, and without PIS he'd do it again

Not really. This Hulk is a completely different foe and Namor would be hard pressed to beat SavageHulk on land.

CaptainStoic
http://img136.exs.cx/img136/1342/avengersih322e2vk.jpg

What do you think would have happened to Namor if Herc wasn't there?

llagrok
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Why not?

You managed to come up with a perfectly idiotic example. It would take him out of the fight but it's not even close to the solution you claimed it was.

And what solution did I claim it was? hmm? please tell me.

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e156/marvelkris/Namorpwnshulk.jpg

strengthkills
Originally posted by lando005
everyone on this list has beaten hulk before one way or another they may have a much harder time beating the current hulk but i think most of them can do it (in a non pis enviroment ofcouse) In a non PIS enviroment,then Hulk takes em all on at the same time and has a great chance at winning.

strengthkills
Originally posted by redhotrash
::sigh:: Namor HAS beaten hulk on land, and without PIS he'd do it again Have you ever smoked crack before?

llagrok
Originally posted by strengthkills
Have you ever smoked crack before?

Namor wouldn't beat WWH, but he has beaten Hulk.

janus77
Namor beating Hulk is the definition of PIS :P

Symmetric Chaos
And what solution did I claim it was? hmm? please tell me.

You asked how he would get back.

If you'd just posited it as a avenue to victory it would be completely different. Your ridiculous qualifier made the plan foolish.

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e156/marvelkris/Namorpwnshulk.jpg

Good work for Namor.

Looks like he can barely stand though.

janus77
just so that lg grok's it... Hulk's got an innate ability to traverse through dimensions and timestreams and HOME IN ON the sight of the initial gamma explosion that released/created him.

he wouldn't have any trouble getting back, it would only be a question of how long it took. that's why Dr. Strange said sending him away (bfr) wasn't an option.

Hercules
http://img136.exs.cx/img136/1342/avengersih322e2vk.jpg

What do you think would have happened to Namor if Herc wasn't there?

Do you read your own scans?

Hercules was thinking how it was as he had feared and the fact they were fighting in a DESERT had sapped a lot of Namor's strength.

Any class 100 in a desert is going to be having a serious advantage over Namor.

Really thats not a fair example and neither is Namor beating Hulk underwater. Both give an unfair advantage to the other.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by janus77
just so that lg grok's it... Hulk's got an innate ability to traverse through dimensions and timestreams and HOME IN ON the sight of the initial gamma explosion that released/created him.

ermm he can't travel dimensions or time under his own power but he can find the gamma site no matter what. It's not limited to just that though, he once tracked down Strange by following his aura or something.

janus77
yep, not the best phrasing, I guess, but that's basically what I meant.
'cept also there's the matter of his +grabbing+ and physically rending energies, which fits with the occasion on which he swam through the timestream.

yeah, the Strange thing also ties in with his ability to see through illusions, to +see+ magic - and thus perhaps to out-muscle magic? - and see spirits and ghosts.

Hulk, as a total package, is phenomenally above regular bricks. and is quite comically misunderstood and underrated here.

CaptainStoic
Originally posted by Hercules
Do you read your own scans?

Hercules was thinking how it was as he had feared and the fact they were fighting in a DESERT had sapped a lot of Namor's strength.

Any class 100 in a desert is going to be having a serious advantage over Namor.

Really thats not a fair example and neither is Namor beating Hulk underwater. Both give an unfair advantage to the other.

I read it I was just showing you that in a non PIS fight that Namor would lose to the Hulk on land, desert or not, in the very comic that I got that pic from hulk is not just taking on Namor, but he is also taking on immortal Herc, and many others, this is something that Namor would never be able to handle, especially if he has trouble with Herc all alone. Namor busted up a much weaker Hulk back in the day. That Hulk had good fights with the Thing... today he could one shot Grimm if he got a full head of steam. This is not the same Hulk that he was back then.

Hercules
I read it I was just showing you that in a non PIS fight that Namor would lose to the Hulk on land, desert or not, in the very comic that I got that pic from hulk is not just taking on Namor, but he is also taking on immortal Herc, and many others, this is something that Namor would never be able to handle, especially if he has trouble with Herc all alone. Namor busted up a much weaker Hulk back in the day. That Hulk had good fights with the Thing... today he could one shot Grimm if he got a full head of steam. This is not the same Hulk that he was back then.

Desert makes a big difference to Namor though a BIG difference just like Namor fighting even current incarnation Hulk underwater would make a big difference to how he performed.

It also could be argued that Namor trying to take on Hulk in a desert solo was CIS and maybe even PIS.

So not the best example to prove your point.

CaptainStoic
namor could not take on both the West Coast and East Coast Avengers at once without being taken down, this is my point... Hulk can, and did, and is doing so presently, and will more than likely do it again in the future.

lando005
Originally posted by strengthkills
In a non PIS enviroment,then Hulk takes em all on at the same time and has a great chance at winning. not really while hulk's got sheer power the others have versitililty and more options on their side

CaptainStoic
Who cares about versatility when you can hold two continents together, at this strength level his muscles would be so dense that there would be nothing that they could do against him.

Jyppe
Who cares about versatility when you can hold two continents together, at this strength level his muscles would be so dense that there would be nothing that they could do against him.

SHOULD be so dense. If we're going to apply real science he should weight like 100 tons too. I don't think Hulk's beating Dr.Doom at all. He's the second most powerful magician on earth.

And he doesn't hold back nearly as much as Dr.Strange. He'd be more than happy to teleport Hulkie into another dimension or blackhole.

CaptainStoic
Well it's a good thing the people who write comics aren't much for science right? Also in the past Hulk has beaten Dr. Strange's magics and he wasn't holding back.

Symmetric Chaos
Well it's a good thing the people who write comics aren't much for science right? Also in the past Hulk has beaten Dr. Strange's magics and he wasn't holding back.

When was this?

Strange has sent Hulk to another dimension with his magic in the past.

lando005
Who cares about versatility when you can hold two continents together, at this strength level his muscles would be so dense that there would be nothing that they could do against him. that strength only counts if he can connect to his opponents if he cant touch them he cant beat them i would pick versatility over sheer power in a situation like this any time.

OneDumbG0
As much as I like Doom, he'd probably lose against WWH. For someone to have so righteously humiliated Reed Richards and the rest of the FF, Doom's pride would force him to man up against Hulk and that'd be his downfall. WWH is too much. Unless Greg Pak writes in a cameo for Doom and he comes in and saves the day, I don't even think Doom could split 5/10 against WWH.
I read it I was just showing you that in a non PIS fight that Namor would lose to the Hulk on land, desert or not, in the very comic that I got that pic from hulk is not just taking on Namor, but he is also taking on immortal Herc, and many others, this is something that Namor would never be able to handle, especially if he has trouble with Herc all alone. Namor busted up a much weaker Hulk back in the day. That Hulk had good fights with the Thing... today he could one shot Grimm if he got a full head of steam. This is not the same Hulk that he was back then. God damn straight. What some people are failing to see, is that WWH has blown straight through Marvel Earth one after another with pretty much no rest. Today he not only could one-shot Thing, he has one-shotted the Thing:

redhotrash
If the "big" summer story arc were called "World War Wolverine" we'd have just as many fanboys trying justify Wolverine's win over Blackbolt or Namor. Its just a case of poor writing from people willing to sacrifice their integrity as well as all logic to force a mainstream character further down my throat. I hate these big story events partially because they make people forget 40+ years of comic history. Ive seen people on here swear that WW Hulk could take Superman, Thanos, or Darkseid and that if he got a open shot he'd be able to knock out Galactus. So for those rational thinkers among you, take threads like this with a grain, no a spoonful of salt.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.