3:10 to Yuma

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DARKLORDCAEDUS
I just watched this excellent film Glenn Ford and Van Heflin. Its a great movie. Very good. Christian Bale and Russell Crowe star in the remake. Thoughts.....

Dusty
Well, it doesn't come out for me, until the 7th, so.

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Originally posted by Dusty
Well, it doesn't come out for me, until the 7th, so.

Where do you live? I live here in L. A. I'll be able to see it before the 7th. Have you ever seen the original?

Mr Parker
yeah it doesnt come out for me either till the 7th.But I cant wait to see it.looks like a great movie.I had never heard of this movie before.who was in the original?

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Originally posted by Mr Parker
yeah it doesnt come out for me either till the 7th.But I cant wait to see it.looks like a great movie.I had never heard of this movie before.who was in the original?

Glenn Ford and Van Heflin

Dusty
I'll be seeing it the day it's released.

DARKLORDCAEDUS
I may be able to see it next next at a screening.

Dusty
Seeing it today.

Slay
Hmm, a western starring Christian Bale. I'll definately be seeing this one. Probably won't come out for another month or two in Europe though...

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Seeing it today.

So am I, later tonight.

Darth Vicious
I dont watch Western movies but I have hear nothing but great reviews about this movie so I'll be checking this one out fo sho!

Dusty
Really really good. My favorite movie of 2007 so far for certain. Crowe is such a great bad guy.

Solo
Crowe is such a great bad guy.
Did we see the same movie? Anywho, it's too bad that I saw this with an actual audience, because I just wanted to whip out my dick and beat off for two hours.

Dusty
Originally posted by Solo
Did we see the same movie? Anywho, it's too bad that I saw this with an actual audience, because I just wanted to whip out my dick and beat off for two hours.

Didn't like it?

SelphieT
Bale looks pretty hot for a cowboy. I'll probably see this.

ragesRemorse
Excellent film all around.

Solo
Didn't like it?
Au contraire, I liked it quite a bit. I was just trying to point out that it's the manliest movie of the year, hence the beating off.

forumcrew
Originally posted by Mr Parker

there were early screening of this last night all over the country. The official release is the 7th. Unfortunately I was otherwise occupied and couldnt get out to see it last night.

WrathfulDwarf
Just how violent is this remake? The original wasn't near the R rating. Even for it's time. Anywhoo...Crowe and Bale as cowboys....I'm there!

SnakeEyes
Can't wait for the seventh. This movie looks like I'll definitely like it.

Solo
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
Just how violent is this remake? The original wasn't near the R rating. Even for it's time. Anywhoo...Crowe and Bale as cowboys....I'm there!
It could've easily been PG-13, if it weren't for a few ****s.

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Just got back from seeing Bale and Crowe. Two great actors. I like the original much better. The extra 30 minutes realy wasn't needed. And..... Bale dies. Van Heflin didn't

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf

bout as violent as unforgiven.

Myth
Its not as vulgar as Unforgiven. Unforgiven follows an anti-hero in Eastwood and has the theme of "vengeance for the mistreatment of whores." This movie is candyland compared to Unforgiven. Which btw, is why I was disappointed by this film. I heard comparisons to Unforgiven and got giddy, but the movie was kind of happy go lucky for a shoot 'em up western. Still really good, though I expected it to be more sinister.

Dusty
Saw it a second time. I absolutely love this film.

exanda kane
Just realised Bale's in the remake. Will go and see it.

akema
I want to see this.

SelphieT
I'm seeing this today. Woo for Bale!

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Saw it a second time. I absolutely love this film.

Did you ever see the original?

Dusty
Originally posted by DARKLORDCAEDUS
Did you ever see the original?

Nope, I don't really have much of a desire to. But I will eventually.

akema
I didn't know this was a remake until the other day , so now i have to see the original and compare em.

SelphieT
I saw it today! T'was beautiful, and amazing. Bale was remarkable.

Leggy_n_Merry
I really can't wait to see this! I remember browsing Christian Bale's upcoming films ages ago and I thought "Oooo that sounds good!" and now that I've seen the trailer it looks good too.

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Originally posted by akema
I didn't know this was a remake until the other day , so now i have to see the original and compare em.

The original starred Van Heflin and Glenn Ford.

Menetnashté
It was an average film. A few scenes were pretty stupid. Like why does Russel Crowe stay in the down? He knows the popo will be back, and will catch him erm and in the scene where they're riding for hours and hours and the stage is riding for hours and hours. When the stagecoach gets burnt the good guys were watching it through binoculars What the f**k? wasn't the point of that whole thing so that they could get away? And the gay guy was weird...as far as parts I didn't get I might've just been tired if you have an explanation tell me

Dusty

Myth
Thats what I was thinking.

=Tired Hiker=
I thought it was good. I sorta thought the ending was a bit far fetched. I wasn't conviced that Russel Crowe's character would have put himself in so much danger at the end just to make Bale's character look good in front of his son.

SelphieT
Originally posted by =Tired Hiker=
I thought it was good. I sorta thought the ending was a bit far fetched. I wasn't conviced that Russel Crowe's character would have put himself in so much danger at the end just to make Bale's character look good in front of his son.

Well, they were both going to get what they wanted, so why not? By him calling his horse, he was obviously going to escape. Plus, no one was going to shoot him, not with his little "princess" around.

Mairuzu

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.