Serious problem with my PC , I have NO idea, please help...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

grey fox
M'kay heres the dealy my home PC is seriously screwing up (I'm currently on a friends lab-top).

The symptoms are.....

1. Upon turning the pc on it goes to the black screen (you know what I mean....) it states 'The disc needs checking for consistency' then 'You may cancel check we advise against it' but before I even TOUCH the keyboard the PC automatically cancels the 'Disc Check' before stating 'This type of file is NTSS'.

2. Whenever I try to load internet explorer (even after a SINGLE click) it spawn into 53 (very specific number, ALWAYS 53) Internet explorers

3. Upon clicking anything with the mouse a noise is emitted (sounds kinda like a woodpecker)

4. Any thing like a MSN reply box ect has it's 'word cursor' (the little line) drop down the very bottom of the typeable page.

Anyone have any idea

kevdude
Nope no idea gray try going here to microsoft support.

http://support.microsoft.com/

Spidervlad
53 Internet explorers?

That really sounds like a virus or some serious spyware. Have you tried to run all antivirus and anti-adware programs in safe mode?

Since you have problem with the disc try running a disc check.

Utrigita
agree with spidervlad that sounds like a computer that attacked quiet hard by Virus Rootkit ore Malvare. Try running this program on it: http://www.uploads.ejvindh.net/rootchk.exe and post the result here. Don't worry nothing will happen to you computer.

Raz
Reinstall Windows. It will solve any problem.

Spidervlad
Originally posted by Raz
Reinstall Windows. It will solve any problem.

When I was 12 I did that all the time big grin

{{QS}}
This might sound weird but have you got any friends skilled with computers.I used to do stuff like this with office poltergeist and ErrMess.That might be the cause although you can never rule out malware.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.