Most Profitable Hollywood Actor

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

JoeyConnetou
Who do you think is the most profitable movie star?

JoeyConnetou
Originally posted by JoeyConnetou
Who do you think is the most profitable movie star?

I've added the specific video that I'm talking about on my blog(see my sig)

exanda kane
Used to be Harrison Ford once upon a time; Star Wars, Indiana Jones et cetera, et cetera. Then he made a few too many "family man turns into hero" films.

Tom Cruise was a very bankable actor, til a few years back, where asperations were cast upon his sanity. Still bankable to a degree.

In 2007? While your post seems copied straight out of a Sight and Sound article, Matt Damon is surely a contender in a day with little bankable stars.

Discos
nowadays? Good question, I'm gonna go out on a limb and say it's one the Frat Pack, you get 3-4 movies a year with some of these guys in it.

Will Farrell would be my answer with Cameron Diaz as the actress.

Tom Hanks would have been a top contender for the 1990's.

Strangelove
Originally posted by JoeyConnetou
Who do you think is the most profitable movie star? How do you mean? If you're talking about how much money they've made, it's definitely Tom Cruise. For bankability, I'd say Will Smith is getting up there.

forumcrew
id say with what he did for Pirates Johnny Depp would have to get some attention.

AstroFan
I think Depp is still going to be doing a lot of smaller movies that wont get much attention from average movie goers.

Originally posted by Strangelove
How do you mean? If you're talking about how much money they've made, it's definitely Tom Cruise. For bankability, I'd say Will Smith is getting up there.

Will Smith was the name that first came to mind for me.

Discos
Johnny Depp, ha don't make me laugh....I hate the tagline which follows with pirates of the carribean "the greatest pirate that ever lived".

He was a terrible Pirate, rubbish.

Although Orlando Bloom seems to be doing not too bad along that ways, Kingdom of Heaven and Lord of the Rings.

jaden101
hugo weaving perhaps...played vital roles in 2 of the biggest money grossing trilogies ever and prob doesn't get paid a relatively high amount compared with some other actors

Discos
^^ good point,

He aint very mainstrain but I love him, he likes to crop up in alot of movies nowadays. Very much liked his dialogue in V for Vendetta, he was a perfect old grump in Happy Feet.

I'm off to wiki his upcoming films.

Discos - DeNiro?

Darth Vicious
Even if he is a bit loco I think Tom Cruise is at the top. Will Smith 2nd and Tom Hanks and George Clooney fighting it out for 3rd.

Bardock42
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/showbiz/showbiznews.html?in_article_id=473689&in_page_id=1773

Strangelove
Originally posted by Bardock42
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/showbiz/showbiznews.html?in_article_id=473689&in_page_id=1773 That's only based on his last three films; two of which he wasn't even the lead actor (assuming it's talking about Ocean's 12 and 13)

Darth Vicious
Im surprised Aniston is the top female. I thinks shes just an average actress.

ragesRemorse
Id say the top five most profitable, but not most talented actors are

Denzel
Will ferrel
will smith
matt damon
johnny depp

and who really cares about the female actresses? As long as they are nice on the eyes, nothing else matters

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.