!!Spoiler!!How Neville got the sword of Gryffindor.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

potterz honey
I searched for any other threads on this and couldn't find any.
After i read Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows for the second time it hit me. BAM!!!
Neville killed Nagini with the sword of Gryffindor but i thought that Griphook had run off with the sword after Harry,Ron and Hermoine had stolen Helga Hufflepuff's cup from Bellatrix's vault. So how did Neville get the sword. Did anyone else notice or did i miss something?

tulakhordpwns
That was the one thing I wondered after I read it too.

exanda kane
The title of the thread is a spoiler in itself. You may have just caused people endless misery by spoiling a key detail in the final book in a landmark series. Go you.

potterz honey
oops! sorry sorry sorry!

Barker
Yeah, let's say spoiler, then spoil it anyway. no expression

Anyway, I think the hat sort of summons the sword or something.

exanda kane
I thought the Hat made an appearance?

§P0oONY
Nevile got it out the hat because he was a true Griffindor. Like harry did in #2, it's not a great mystery.

FeceMan
Originally posted by potterz honey
After i read Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows for the second time it hit me. BAM!!!
Neville killed Nagini with the sword of Gryffindor but i thought that Griphook had run off with the sword after Harry,Ron and Hermoine had stolen Helga Hufflepuff's cup from Bellatrix's vault. So how did Neville get the sword. Did anyone else notice or did i miss something?
Colloquial Statement: The same way that Harry got the sword of Gryffindor in the second book.

Council#13
I think what potterz honey means is, "How did Neville get the sword even though Griphook took it?", not, "How did Neville manage to get the sword out of the hat?"

§P0oONY
Originally posted by Council#13
I think what potterz honey means is, "How did Neville get the sword even though Griphook took it?", not, "How did Neville manage to get the sword out of the hat?"
It's a magical world, he took it out of the hat, because he was a true griffindor, there is no clause, the fact that Griphook took it means nothing.

div
meaning...they dont really know...

§P0oONY
Meaning, it's not deep or anything, well, I highly doubt it is. I mean before Harry got the sword it wasn't in the hat or anything, it just magically appears in the hat when a true Griffindor needs it..

FeceMan
Statement: Neville was able to draw the sword from that hat because he opposed Voldemort in a situation that meant certain death.

Statement: One of the hallmarks of the Gryffindor group is bravery.

Conclusion: Neville was a "true heir" of Gryffindor.

tulakhordpwns
Makes you wonder why Harry was so worried when Griphook stole the sword then, if all that had to happen was a true griffindor taking it out of a hat.

§P0oONY
Originally posted by tulakhordpwns
Makes you wonder why Harry was so worried when Griphook stole the sword then, if all that had to happen was a true griffindor taking it out of a hat.
Well, when he was worried, there were no plans to go to Hogwarts.

Blue_Hefner
Originally posted by potterz honey

Maybe Bill knew Harry had Gryffindor's sword and switched it, and Griphook didn't bother to check if he had the real sword. Or perhaps the hat has a charm on it that makes the sword sort of like a portkey.

chillmeistergen
Originally posted by Blue_Hefner
Maybe Bill knew Harry had Gryffindor's sword and switched it, and Griphook didn't bother to check if he had the real sword. Or perhaps the hat has a charm on it that makes the sword sort of like a portkey.

Oh dear.

potterz honey
so if it doesnt matter who has the sword or what they're doing with it Griphook could have been holding the sword up and admiring it and then suddenly it vanishes from his hand and appears in Neville's own?Hmmn...that would be weird.

exanda kane
Strange that Harry and chums didn't seem to realise that the Sword could return to them if they were in need of chivalric deeds.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.