Medieval today. It still lives.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

debbiejo
Are people so medieval today as to put Wooden CROSSES in all the windows of a town? I found this to be true over the weekend in a town called Caro Michigan. The friend I went there with just laughed because a person that was Wiccan was forced to close down her little store. We asked why all the crosses in every window and were told it was to get the witch out. Later on at school, I was talking to some class mates. This was between a Christian, me and another student.

Me: I went to Caro Michigan a small town and noticed that everyone store had a wooden cross in the window...I was told that it was to scare a local witch out of town.

Her: Well I would too.

Me: Why?

Her: Because she is a witch and the Bible says witch craft is a sin and of the devil.

Me: People don't understand what wicca is.

Dusty: Yeah, it's like native American.

Her: But they don't worship god..soooooooo

Me: So, you'd run off someone out of town just because they believe different from you?

Her: Well I wouldn't want them around.

Me: Is she hurting you?

Her: She doesn't believe in the true god.

Me: So, and many people don't, but then many say they believe in god but call him by different names.

Her: But they are wrong.

Me: Because?

Her: It's in the Bible.

Me: and if you were of another religion, they'd say you are going to hell...oh and btw...hell only means death according to the bible, look it up in a Greek and Hebrew concordance.

Dusty: Hell is here right now.

Me: Yes it is, and it how you view life...Heaven and Hell are here now on how you view things.

Her: Well we have the prophets.

Dusty: We just came from a critical thinking class LOL

Me: Yeah, we did.....hahahaha

Her: Okay.

Dusty: I'm waiting for the food truck to come by so I can get a pita sandwich.

Me: How much is one?

Dusty: I believe in god

Me: I do too but we don't know what that is.

Her: We can never understand him, but the scriptures tell us.

Me: I'm leaning towards reincarnation.

Dusty: I don't know what I believe, only that we are not put in a place of torment.

Me: Just like Satanists don't believe in Satan or God.

Her: Pfft, oh yeah.

We changed the subject and parted still respecting her of course, but to me this is so Medieval...Have you encountered such thinking on such a level as to put WOODEN CROSSES in every window in town????

Da Pittman
Doesn't surprise me at all

Alliance
My brothers girlfriend's parents made them break up because they found out he was athiest (she was Christian).

Shit happens.

Da Pittman
Originally posted by Alliance
My brothers girlfriend's parents made them break up because they found out he was athiest (she was Christian).

Shit happens. As does Pitt, sorry just had to say it stick out tongue

Alliance
that begs the question does Pitt = shit?

smile

Da Pittman
Originally posted by Alliance
that begs the question does Pitt = shit?

smile laughing

I think places like this are a good example of what happens when you don’t introduce other types of views and beliefs and how easily one group will dominate and crush others and reminds us why things need to change.

Alliance
Originally posted by Da Pittman
sorry just had to say it stick out tongue

Robtard
Originally posted by debbiejo
Are people so medieval today as to put Wooden CROSSES in all the windows of a town? I found this to be true over the weekend in a town called Caro Michigan. The friend I went there with just laughed because a person that was Wiccan was forced to close down her little store. We asked why all the crosses in every window and were told it was to get the witch out.

That's scare me out; I'm not a witch either. Bunch of idolotrist bastards.

debbiejo
What was funny when we talked later as we walked though the town..only if we had known, was to turn the crosses upside down........They'd never know why... The devil was doing it.........laughing out loud

Shakyamunison
What was funny when we talked later as we walked though the town..only if we had known, was to turn the crosses upside down........They'd never know why... The devil was doing it.........laughing out loud

They might have come out and shot you. eek!

Jim Reaper
I've heard of such creatures... Mormons.

debbiejo
But this is modern day!! Every shop put up a wooden cross!! What is that.................my God sad

Shakyamunison
But this is modern day!! Every shop put up a wooden cross!! What is that.................my God sad

You should have gone into one of the stores and asked to buy one of the crosses. wink

debbiejo
They didn't sell them...........

Shakyamunison
They didn't sell them...........

Well, you could have told them (with a straight) but I've been looking for one of these for a long time. laughing You could tell them that you always wanted a medieval keep sake to remember the town by. no expression

debbiejo
Well we were wandering around the town and wondered........Hmm........"why these crosses in all the windows..Hmm'.....but then asked a waitress..............

We were leaving and in the car when we found out.......Oh, how I would of like to turn those crosses upside down, just to see satans works at hand.

Shakyamunison
Well we were wandering around the town and wondered........Hmm........"why these crosses in all the windows..Hmm'.....but then asked a waitress..............

We were leaving and in the car when we found out.......Oh, how I would of like to turn those crosses upside down, just to see satans works at hand. roll eyes (sarcastic) Satan is not real, but you are. laughing

debbiejo
Shsss......... roll eyes (sarcastic)

Bicnarok
Its actually wrong to try and drive them out of town, how one have the chance to "save" that person if they are moved on.

This is from a virtual Christian point of view, not mine.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.