Dragonball Z Live Action Movie

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Firelord Ozai
Well, Fox has the rights to make a movie & I'd love it if they could put out a movie by 2010 or so but it could end up taking even longer. The major thing would be how close they stay to the comics.

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Originally posted by Firelord Ozai
Well, Fox has the rights to make a movie & I'd love it if they could put out a movie by 2010 or so but it could end up taking even longer. The major thing would be how close they stay to the comics.

I've no idea right now who to cast. I do however think that they will stay close to the comics and anime.

Mairuzu
thats honestly... going to be hard but if it comes out good, imagine how many people will see it...

i think...

Firelord Ozai
I think Hugh Jackman could pull off either Goku or Vegeta. Here's my cast list (some of the characters):

Goku: Tom Welling or Hugh Jackman
Vegeta: Hugh Jackman or Ray Park ?
Kid Gohan: Tristan Lake Leabu
Bulma: Jessica Alba (may have gain weight to fully have Bulma's weight) or Jessica Biel
Broly: Tyler Mane or Dalip Singh

That's all I have now.

Robtard
With a movie like this, they'll go with mostly unknown actors to keep the budget down, as they'll rely on the franchise name to draw in the crowds.

Tom Cruise would make a decent Vegeta though, he's short, arrogant and a little insane. Too old though.

Firelord Ozai
Hell no, Tom Cruise shouldn't be allowed anywhere near a DBZ movie, especially not in the role of Vegeta. But you are right about the whole unknown actors thing as they'll alright be spending a fortune on special effects alone.

DARKLORDCAEDUS
I think Hugh Jackman could pull off either Goku or Vegeta. Here's my cast list (some of the characters):

Goku: Tom Welling or Hugh Jackman
Vegeta: Hugh Jackman or Ray Park ?
Kid Gohan: Tristan Lake Leabu
Bulma: Jessica Alba (may have gain weight to fully have Bulma's weight) or Jessica Biel
Broly: Tyler Mane or Dalip Singh

That's all I have now.

Interesting choices, but I don't see Hugh Jackman make another comic book character. Tom Welling, I can't see doing martial arts moves. Either Jessica would be great.

Firelord Ozai
I could see Tom Welling doing martial arts moves, of course he'd have to bulk up a little more & take actual martial arts classes.

Mairuzu
I think i can pull off teen gohan...

Firelord Ozai
No, if you're not going to contribute to the discussion, don't post at all.

Anyway, anyone think Hugh Jackman could pull off a decent Goku? He's a hell of an actor.

Robtard
No, if you're not going to contribute to the discussion, don't post at all.

Anyway, anyone think Hugh Jackman could pull off a decent Goku? He's a hell of an actor.

Too old and that role wouldn't suit him.

Firelord Ozai
Who would you cast as Goku?

Robtard
Who would you cast as Goku?

Not sure exactly, I'd probabaly go with an unknown, so who knows.

No known actor comes to mind, he'd have to be in his late 20's or maybe early 30's, be in excellent shape (lean & muscular) and have a something comical side in his acting ability.

Firelord Ozai
Yeah. I know you may disagree but I could actually see Tom Welling pulling off Goku or Yamcha.

What about Broly? Who would you cast in his role? I'd go with Tyler Mane, of course he'd have to add more muscle & in general, bulk up.

Firelord Ozai
Or maybe even Dalip Singh (WWE wrestler the Great Khali) although he may be a little too immobile to portray Broly. Tyler Mane is probably the best choice for Broly. All he'd have to do is bulk up about 80-100 lbs. The best thing to do would be to shoot all of the scenes with him in his regular base form or as a Super Saiyan & then film the scenes with him as a Legendary Super Saiyan afterwards. I'd rather have Mane truly bulk up for LSSJ Broly rather than just using a muscle suit.

Kazenji
The actors for this movie will look stupid with the crazy anime hair.

Firelord Ozai
Look, if you don't care for the movie, then don't post here again.

Anyway, so, Robtard, I'm anxious to hear what you think of Tyler Mane as Broly.

Robtard

Anyway, so, Robtard, I'm anxious to hear what you think of Tyler Mane as Broly.

I stopped watching the series around the Majin(sp?) (the wizard guy) part, so I don't know who Broly is, I take it he must be huge.

Oh, Ryan Reynolds could possibly play a decent Goku, he's young(er), has shown his ability to "bulk up" and he has that comical edge which would do well in a movie like this.

Kazneji, I doubt they'll go as extreme with the hair, if at all.

Schecter
the project has been shelved indefinately.

Robtard
Well, there's that.

Vinny Valentine
Uhm.

Old news... was suppose to happen for 2005 and then was cancelled.

Wont happen...

Mairuzu
yet...

DARKLORDCAEDUS
A DBZ movie could still happen

Firelord Ozai
Originally posted by Robtard
I stopped watching the series around the Majin(sp?) (the wizard guy) part, so I don't know who Broly is, I take it he must be huge.

Oh, Ryan Reynolds could possibly play a decent Goku, he's young(er), has shown his ability to "bulk up" and he has that comical edge which would do well in a movie like this.

Kazneji, I doubt they'll go as extreme with the hair, if at all.

You should watch the first two Broly movies, they have a few plot holes but they're pretty good. And yes, he's huge, he's at least 12 ft tall.

http://nostradidifan.free.fr/Image%20DBZ/Broly.jpg

Also, the movie could still be made, FOX did renew the rights to the website. smokin'

SnakeEyes
If they made this movie, I think a lot of changes would have to be made. For example, I think all of the hair-styles would have to go away. There's no way all the big hair would work.

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Originally posted by SnakeEyes
If they made this movie, I think a lot of changes would have to be made. For example, I think all of the hair-styles would have to go away. There's no way all the big hair would work.

Thats why cgi and wigs will work.

PONG_MASTER
If I could I would take a steaming sh*t on this.

ragesRemorse
Why not just make a series of of animated movies, with a large budget?

Firelord Ozai
We've already gotten an animated series. Unless it's CGI, I don't want to see an animated series or animated movies instead of a live action movie.

DARKLORDCAEDUS
We've already gotten an animated series. Unless it's CGI, I don't want to see an animated series or animated movies instead of a live action movie.

I want to see a live action DBZ movie myself. I'm just not sure who the cast will be right now.

Firelord Ozai
I have some ideas on casting.

Some prick on another forum is saying that Djimon Hounsou ("Blood Diamond"wink is a better actor than Michael Clarke Duncan & could be a better Piccolo. He said Duncan would look silly performing martial arts moves but seriously, if everyone else will be as well, how exactly will he look silly. Duncan is a huge guy & so is Piccolo.

AngryManatee
Originally posted by DARKLORDCAEDUS
I've no idea right now who to cast. I do however think that they will stay close to the comics and anime.

Vin Diesel as Vegeta roflwafflez

Firelord Ozai
No, Vin Diesel can't act worth a shit. Someone along the lines of Hugh Jackman could do a much better job. Or maybe even Gerald Butler.

Kazenji

**** off prick, I was only making a comment about the hair if they did go with the anime style.

Firelord Ozai
Seriously, do you want to be reported again for flaming? If not, don't continue to flame.

Anyway, do you all think Michael Clarke Duncan could pull off a decent Piccolo.

Kazenji
then you should've not told me to basically piss off.

Firelord Ozai
I said if you don't like the idea of a live action film, then don't post at all. Honestly, people are way too pea brained & offensive.

From here on, I don't even care what you say, as long as it's not directed at me.

Kazenji
I said if you don't like the idea of a live action film, then don't post at all

Yea and all i was doing was expressing my opinion about the hair style for the movie, So don't tell me don't post at all

Look who's talking roll eyes (sarcastic)

Aizen
Well they should do a movie that is dbz related but placed in real world, I mean imagine if they do a real dbz movie.
Dog is the king, animals talk, go ku has 50 cm hair on his had thats in this ^ direction, it would look stupid and childish. Real fans will become mad and thats not good!

The should make a movie that has awesome fighting scenes, big budget and thats related to dbz and not a real dbz movie, if thats in question Toryama should just do another movie, of course with hollywood!

Firelord Ozai
Uh, no. If a movie is made it should stick to the manga, there should be little to no changes & I doubt REAL fans of DBZ would be mad over the fact that the hair is made to look like it does in the manga & anime. Honestly, I don't get why people think so much should be changed in a LAM.

Kazenji
Oh no Firelord Ozai better tell aizen not to post here at all he too has express his opinion about if they stuck to the anime style in live action.

Firelord Ozai
Reported. Stop spamming.

Anyway, I'd love it if the director/writers stuck strictly to the manga, it'd probably be best.

Kazenji
I'm not spamming ya idiot, I'm just sort of piss off you have a go at me about express my opinion if they stuck to the anime style in live action but yet you let aizen fly by with ease.

Firelord Ozai
The next post you make that ISN'T about the Live Action Movie, I'm reporting you. Just stay on-topic & stop flaming.

Aizen
DBZ into real action movie is not possible!

Why:

1. DBZ world in real would look stupid and childish
2. The hair, come one I don't want to see a human with that style
3. The mussels, it's just not possible
4. The Plot it's for the Gods sake just a fighting anime, but this fact is "not important" we are into fighting, we want fighting
5. Some of the characters would be hard to represent, I mean Krillin doesn't have a nose! And is to damn small!
6. What evil character would be vise to chose!? Why?
7. If there would be a sequel, ppl would notice it's the same thing just with different villain.
8. The whole concept about the dragon balls and the goal of characters to fulfill their wishes could go trough the first movie but the second, no freakin way
9. If a character dies, they'll probably do the sam stupid thing and revive him with the dragon balls
10. If they do the exact manga interpretation then you'll see goku fighting, getting defeated then training and then he kills the villian! I mean, come on, who wants to give 100 mill budget for such a thing.
11. One movie is possible and if they do it wrong or even right, the sequel will be bad as hell, IF they stick to the manga!
12. am tired, probably will add more later!

Firelord Ozai
Who are the muscles not possible when people are as big as the Z Fighters & even bigger in real life? Krillin is a midget, midgets exist in real life & that's what make-up & CGI is for, to make characters look like they should. And please, don't add anymore later because all of your reasons for why the movie wouldn't work are stupid & could actually be done. Plus, if you're going to bash the idea of a live action movie, then don't even post here.

Xam
i dont see it happening and personaly i rather not have a DBZ movie cuz i like the comics too much to see the name go down

Firelord Ozai
How would the name go down? Seriously, with a big enough budget, fantastic actors, a good director, etc. a film could be pulled off.

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Who would play Goku as a child, then as an adult? Who would be the villain. I'd save Cell for the sequel.

upsidedown flip
I don't know but I would say combine the saiyan and freiza saga's together in the first movie.

Firelord Ozai
No, that's too much, the movie would either be too long or too short. There needs to be four individual movies, that's how it NEEDS to be.

Firelord Ozai
Who would play Goku as a child, then as an adult? Who would be the villain. I'd save Cell for the sequel.

Tristan Lake Leabu ("Superman Returns"wink could probably pull off Kid Goku & Hugh Jackman or Tom Welling could pull off Goku as an adult. Also, it's obvious the villains would be the same villains we got in the anime & the manga.

Raditz, Nappa, Vegeta, Dodoria, Zarbon, Freeza, King Cold, Android 19, Android 20, Android 17, Android 18, Cell, Majin Buu, etc.

apoc001
They could just do the Saiyan saga and then at the end the characters learn that Frieza's coming. The movie could mostly focus on Goku in the afterlife striving to be able to save his friends' life and the others' struggle to get the dragonballs before they all die.

My impossible-to-get cast includes:
Jake Gyllenhaal as Goku (I dunno why. I just picked a name to get it over with)
Ian McKellen as Kami
Tom Welling as Yamcha
Terry Crews as Piccolo

SnakeEyes
I really don't think this movie should be made.

Firelord Ozai
Originally posted by apoc001
They could just do the Saiyan saga and then at the end the characters learn that Frieza's coming. The movie could mostly focus on Goku in the afterlife striving to be able to save his friends' life and the others' struggle to get the dragonballs before they all die.

My impossible-to-get cast includes:
Jake Gyllenhaal as Goku (I dunno why. I just picked a name to get it over with)
Ian McKellen as Kami
Tom Welling as Yamcha
Terry Crews as Piccolo

Jake Gyllenhaal would be HORRIBLE as Goku, he shouldn't even be in a DBZ movie. Ian McKellen could pull off a great Kami but I'd rather have Kami be CGI. Tom Welling looks like Yamcha so I think that could work. And lastly, Terry Crews is a great comedian but he's not a skilled enough actor to be able to portray Piccolo. Someone like Michael Clarke Duncan would be a much better choice.

Inspectah Deck
i hope they do it in cell shading because it would look pretty dumb if it weren't animated-like

Mirai Gohan
Uh, no, a live action movie means with REAL ACTORS.

Mirai Gohan
I was discusisng this with some guys on another forum & I think that a few of the characters that didn't receive a lot of screen time like Tien & Yamcha should have more to do in the films. I'd also like the fighting to be much more detailed in the films so that it's not all jabs & kicks like in the anime.

gogogadgetgo
Originally posted by Aizen
DBZ into real action movie is not possible!

Why:

1. DBZ world in real would look stupid and childish
2. The hair, come one I don't want to see a human with that style
3. The mussels, it's just not possible
4. The Plot it's for the Gods sake just a fighting anime, but this fact is "not important" we are into fighting, we want fighting
5. Some of the characters would be hard to represent, I mean Krillin doesn't have a nose! And is to damn small!
6. What evil character would be vise to chose!? Why?
7. If there would be a sequel, ppl would notice it's the same thing just with different villain.
8. The whole concept about the dragon balls and the goal of characters to fulfill their wishes could go trough the first movie but the second, no freakin way
9. If a character dies, they'll probably do the sam stupid thing and revive him with the dragon balls
10. If they do the exact manga interpretation then you'll see goku fighting, getting defeated then training and then he kills the villian! I mean, come on, who wants to give 100 mill budget for such a thing.
11. One movie is possible and if they do it wrong or even right, the sequel will be bad as hell, IF they stick to the manga!
12. am tired, probably will add more later!

they made superman a movie and it didnt look stupid, neither did the x-men, ff4, daredevil and hulk.

if they could pull these movies off, i dont see why they cant do a dbz movie.

the hair may be toned down a bit, since really tall hair would look kinda silly, but they can change it in such a way that it still honors the original.

i think materials from one of the animated movies should be used. the anime/manga sagas would be too long.

the 2 brolly movies would be nice and they could use cgi for brolly

Mirai Gohan
The movies wouldn't be too long if they stick to the manga with little to no changes. The anime just dragged everything out & made the fights longer.

Schecter
Originally posted by Mirai Gohan

Also, the movie could still be made, FOX did renew the rights to the website. smokin'

it costs about $8 to renew a domain.

Mirai Gohan
So? The point is that they renewed the website which means that Fox may still be doing something with the project afterall.

DARKLORDCAEDUS
So? The point is that they renewed the website which means that Fox may still be doing something with the project afterall.

I'm sure Fox wil make a good film.

Mirai Gohan
If they do plan on making this movie, it'll be a while from now, that's for sure. That also means the good casting choices may be too old by then.

Schecter

no, it just means that they renewed the domain. its someone's job to keep all their domains renewed. its not like there's some secret DBZ department which manages this, as it seems you would like to believe. its on a shelf and will likely stay there forever. sorry, but thats the fact of the matter. maybe they'll change their minds, who knows. anythings possible. to get your hopes up over it 3 years AFTER they said 'meh **** it" and basing your hopes on a renewed domain is not healthy

Robtard
Originally posted by Schecter
no, it just means that they renewed the domain. its someone's job to keep all their domains renewed. its not like there's some secret DBZ department which manages this, as it seems you would like to believe. its on a shelf and will likely stay there forever. sorry, but thats the fact of the matter. maybe they'll change their minds, who knows. anythings possible. to get your hopes up over it 3 years AFTER they said 'meh **** it" and basing your hopes on a renewed domain is not healthy

You just enjoy crushing this guys hopes and dreams, you mean old bastard.

Mirai Gohan
Meh, he's not crushing my hopes because he's horribly wrong.

Anyway, everyone's saying Tyler Mane is looks incredibly skinny & he's only 155 lbs I believe. If he were casted as Broly, he should be at least 275 lbs.

Robtard

Anyway, everyone's saying Tyler Mane is looks incredibly skinny & he's only 155 lbs I believe. If he were casted as Broly, he should be at least 275 lbs.

If the movie is "shelved" then the movie is shelved. You have to remember, "they" make movies that will make them the most amount of cash at the time, DBZ isn't as popular right now as other franchises.

Why would he be 155 pounds? Is he doing a role that requires it? Even then, I don't think a man of his stature could go down to 155 and still be conscious. Sounds like B.S.

Venomous Yoshi
A live action DBZ movie sounds great. Just imagine how the girls would look... big grin

DARKLORDCAEDUS

Actually Mane is 6ft. 8 and weighs 245lbs. He would make a good Brolly, if Brolly is actually going to be in it.

Mirai Gohan
No, he's way too skinny to be over 200 lbs, he weighs 155, not 245. I saw him doing a short interview about a day ago about Halloween & he looked way too skinny to be over 200 lbs. And it's not a definite yes Broly would be in a film. I'm saying, if he got his own film then I'd want Tyler Mane in that role. He'd just have to bulk up.

Mirai Gohan
If the movie is "shelved" then the movie is shelved. You have to remember, "they" make movies that will make them the most amount of cash at the time, DBZ isn't as popular right now as other franchises.

Why would he be 155 pounds? Is he doing a role that requires it? Even then, I don't think a man of his stature could go down to 155 and still be conscious. Sounds like B.S.

DBZ is still pretty popular. There hundreds if not thousands of DBZ forums on the net with hardcore fans who will never become tired of the series. Trust me, if a DBZ movie was made, it'd make a ton of cash both in the U.S & worldwide.

I don't know, I read on a site that he only weighs 155 lbs. I could be wrong but I still doubt him being over 200 lbs because he looks very skinny.

Robtard
DBZ is still pretty popular. There hundreds if not thousands of DBZ forums on the net with hardcore fans who will never become tired of the series. Trust me, if a DBZ movie was made, it'd make a ton of cash both in the U.S & worldwide.

I don't know, I read on a site that he only weighs 155 lbs. I could be wrong but I still doubt him being over 200 lbs because he looks very skinny.

Not saying it isn't popular, just timing is key; the studios know this.

He's 6'8" and billed in at 245 when he wrestled, weighing 155 at 6'8", he'd look like a holocaust victim. He might have lost weight to play the "Michael Myers" role in Halloween, but I doubt he went down to 155.

Venomous Yoshi
Hopefully, he'll be able to bulk up in order to portray Broly in a live action DBZ movie, if one were to be made.

Mirai Gohan
And if he were cast. He needs to bulk up to be able to look like SSJ Broly at first & after those scenes are filmed he'd probably have to bulk up some more to look like LSSJ Broly but he shouldn't be too big.

Venomous Yoshi
Yeah, because people would think that he took a heavy dose of steroids...

Mirai Gohan
He definitely shouldn't take steroids, he should achieve the physique the natural way but even if Broly were CGI, he shouldn't be as big as he was in the animated movies. That's too much muscle for a live action movie.

Venomous Yoshi
Yeah, the natural way is always better. You'll be prouder of your results if you work hard for them.

Anyway, it's a DBZ live action movie, so seeing musclebound freak wouldn't be surprising. That's what Broly is...

Mirai Gohan
Don't know how true it is but according to this link filming for the first Dragon Ball Z Live Action Movie begins next year:

http://www.canada.com/montrealgazette/news/arts/story.html?id=5d8321ec-4d55-40bd-ae6c-742949303ea9

eek!

Venomous Yoshi
That's great. Hopefully, it won't get scrapped this time.

Mirai Gohan
If this is true, it was probably in production the whole time. My main concern would be the actors, they need to cast the right people. And I'm still hoping that it will be really close to the manga as too many changes could ruin the movie. Hopefully this all pans out.

Venomous Yoshi
I hope so, too. It would be bad if the hundreds of DBZ fans are disappointed because the DBZ live action movie was obviously rushed. It all depends on the events of DBZ that the movie be based on.

Mirai Gohan
There are MILLIONS of DBZ fans & they'd probably riot, lol. big grin But I'm pretty sure that the movies will be based on the sagas in order.

Saiyan - Freeza - Cell - Buu

Then, if we're lucky we might get some movies from the movie villains or a GT movie which would need a bunch of changes done.

Venomous Yoshi
Yeah, that's IF we're lucky...

Mirai Gohan
Yep...

So, I think that the only guys who should be muscle/meat-heads are Future USSJ2 Trunks, USSJ2 Goku (he goes into the form in the Hyperbolic Time Chamber), USSJ2 Cell, & 100% Final Form Freeza. Other than that, everyone should pretty much be toned & a little bulky but not bodybuilder sized bulky.

Venomous Yoshi
Don't forget Broly. It's required for him to be a freakishly muscular.

Robtard
IF the film gets made, I doubt they're going to have every character ever had in the DBZ universe. They'll (most likely) use the main characters and a choice villain or two. Remember, the movie will be around 90-120 minutes long, they can't fit everyone and every plot-line.

As far as worrying what "buff guys" they need to cast, they can cast anybody and make them look uber big if need be. Vinnie Jones played the Juggernaut in that horrendous movie Xmen 3; he's skinny as a rail.

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Who should be cast as Goku? As Vegeta?

Robtard
Who should be cast as Goku? As Vegeta?

I think it should go with unknowns, for a movie like this. Chris Evans wouldn't make a terrible Goku though.

Venomous Yoshi
As far as worrying what "buff guys" they need to cast, they can cast anybody and make them look uber big if need be. Vinnie Jones played the Juggernaut in that horrendous movie Xmen 3; he's skinny as a rail.

True, they can cast any guy and have him wear a muscle suit. That's what Vinnie Jones wore in X-Men 3.

DARKLORDCAEDUS
I think it should go with unknowns, for a movie like this. Chris Evans wouldn't make a terrible Goku though.

Dos he know the martial arts?

Robtard
Dos he know the martial arts?

With editing, anyone can be a martial artist in film.

DARKLORDCAEDUS
With editing, anyone can be a martial artist in film.

So Mane is not the one for Brolly.

Mirai Gohan
Broly doesn't even perform martial arts moves anyway, he performs wrestling type moves like clotheslines.

Mirai Gohan

Chris Evans would probably make a great Yamcha. Yamcha is a ladies man which is what Evans looks like.

DARKLORDCAEDUS
It seems DBZ was finally greenlighted.

Mirai Gohan
Uh, yeah, lets hope it's good. And there are many people claiming that the movie will suck but they know they'll go to see it anyway.

Venomous Yoshi
The only reason why people may think the movie would suck is because it won't be EXACTLY like the cartoon. I doubt that there has been any movie, based off a cartoon, that was EXACTLY like the cartoon.

Mirai Gohan
Actually, if anything, it should be like the manga with little to no changes.

Btw, I think Gerald Butler ("300"wink would make a great Vegeta.

Alucard25
Actually I think everyone thinks it would suck is for that very fact that it would look like the cartoon.

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Originally posted by Alucard25
Actually I think everyone thinks it would suck is for that very fact that it would look like the cartoon.

I don't think that. As a matter of fact, I believe that with a good story and lots of martial arts action, this will be a good movie.

Mirai Gohan
If the right people are assembled, this movie will be good.

Venomous Yoshi
Yeah.

Mirai Gohan
I'm starting to think Triple H could pull off a good Broly.

bpoc
no hollywood a-lister should be part of this movie. in fact this movie shouldnt even be made in the u.s.

DARKLORDCAEDUS
How about Nathan Jones?

Mirai Gohan
For Broly? No. Nappa? Maybe.

Aizen
Oh my GOD they will ruin it, as I stated before, it's gonna be an awe full movie

http://www.chud.com/index.php?type=news&id=12002

part from the link above:

18 years old, Goku is considered uncool and unpopular at school, but he is in fact an extremely talented martial arts fighter who gets rigorous training from his grandfather, Gohan. After the death of his grandfather by the evil Lord Piccolo, Goku finds his destiny in his grandfather's dying request that he find Master Roshi and gather all seven Dragon Balls (of which he has one) in order to prevent Piccolo from succeeding in his desire to use the dragonballs to take over the world. Trained by Master Roshi, aided by Bulma and Yamcha, friends he meets along the way, Goku proves himself a formidable, almost undefeatable fighter. On many dangerous adventures to find the remaining Dragon Balls and thus save the world, Goku conquers physical and emotional challenges, ultimately saving the world but clearly impelled to spend his life searching for the Dragon Balls with his trusty companions...LEAD

I MEAN WTF!!!!!!

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Oh my GOD they will ruin it, as I stated before, it's gonna be an awe full movie

18 years old, Goku is considered uncool and unpopular at school, but he is in fact an extremely talented martial arts fighter who gets rigorous training from his grandfather, Gohan. After the death of his grandfather by the evil Lord Piccolo, Goku finds his destiny in his grandfather's dying request that he find Master Roshi and gather all seven Dragon Balls (of which he has one) in order to prevent Piccolo from succeeding in his desire to use the dragonballs to take over the world. Trained by Master Roshi, aided by Bulma and Yamcha, friends he meets along the way, Goku proves himself a formidable, almost undefeatable fighter. On many dangerous adventures to find the remaining Dragon Balls and thus save the world, Goku conquers physical and emotional challenges, ultimately saving the world but clearly impelled to spend his life searching for the Dragon Balls with his trusty companions...LEAD

I MEAN WTF!!!!!!

Sounds good. I'll pass judgment after casting is made.

Aizen
Yeah it sounds good, but it also sounds weak, am not impressed I just hope they don't f*** it up

Venomous Yoshi

Sounds good to me.

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Yeah it sounds good, but it also sounds weak, am not impressed I just hope they don't f*** it up

Keep in mind, this may not be the final draft of characters. More may be added in later.

Blax_Hydralisk
Unpopular and uncool in School?

This sounds retarded..

Draco69
A live-action Dragonball Z will suck and everyone knows it. The actors would look ridiculous. Even worse than the Fantastic Four...

http://www.giorgiacosplay.com/public/onstage/winners/simoa.jpg

http://anime.duke.edu/gallery/dbz.jpg

http://agsma.acparadise.com/SDCC97/piccolo.jpg

http://www.thejasper.com/DBZ/DBZ-11/zGpA16.gif

sad

They should just stick a CGI version or something....

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Originally posted by Draco69
A live-action Dragonball Z will suck and everyone knows it. The actors would look ridiculous. Even worse than the Fantastic Four...

http://www.giorgiacosplay.com/public/onstage/winners/simoa.jpg

http://anime.duke.edu/gallery/dbz.jpg

http://agsma.acparadise.com/SDCC97/piccolo.jpg

http://www.thejasper.com/DBZ/DBZ-11/zGpA16.gif

sad

They should just stick a CGI version or something....

I don't know whether or not a live action DBZ will suck. As a matter of fact, I have always wondered when a DBZ film was being made. I'm glad its being made and I look forward tom it.

Mirai Gohan
From what I've read, the plot for this movie does suck & some guy named Wong is supposed to direct.

DARKLORDCAEDUS
From what I've read, the plot for this movie does suck & some guy named Wong is supposed to direct.

The script could very well be refined and touched up so I'm not putting too much stock in this early script. BTW keep in mind that scripts often do stink , but from that horrible script comes a good and successful film.

Venomous Yoshi
That's true.

midnightshadow

I MEAN WTF!!!!!!

i have to say i have only watched DBZ and not read any of the comics, but this sounds more like a dragonball film if this synopsis is anything to go by. im skeptical as to how it will turn out but i think fans would have to watch it anyway even if it is just to see how close it is to the anime/comics.
but saying that im still not convinced that a live action film would get across the brillience of DBZ big grin

Quincy
Stop talking about who would portray broly in the films ya tools.

If a Dragonball Z movie were to actually be made, they sure as shit wouldn't make them into the Broly Movies. They'd do the actual storyline.

And did you actually think Michael Clarke Duncan could play piccolo? Piccolo is tall, not Jacked. Michael Clarke duncan is on the verge of being a fat guy.

Venomous Yoshi
Originally posted by Quincy
Stop talking about who would portray broly in the films ya tools.

If a Dragonball Z movie were to actually be made, they sure as shit wouldn't make them into the Broly Movies. They'd do the actual storyline.

And did you actually think Michael Clarke Duncan could play piccolo? Piccolo is tall, not Jacked. Michael Clarke duncan is on the verge of being a fat guy.

erm Who are you talking to?

Mirai Gohan
That noob sure as hell isn't talking to me, he's too....dumb to try & tell anyone what to talk about. Anyway, as I said, this idea isn't too great. I don't mind Goku being in school but Ninja Nameks? That idea sucks donkey balls.

Blax_Hydralisk
You sure do throw the insults around a lot. Maybe you should lay off a bit.

Mirai Gohan
Whatever.

As I was saying, hopefully the ninja Namek idea is just an idea that was tossed around but will be changed before shooting for the film starts.

Leo.M
I'm excited to see this. Good or bad. I'm watching it.

Captain REX
No, not whatever. I'm tired of your attitude, Mirai, the three-day ban was supposed to teach you that. I'm giving you ANOTHER warning for your immediate return this idiotic "big guy" attitude your putting off.

And by the way, Quincy has been here longer than you, and certainly didn't fake his age to be here.

Mirai Gohan
I didn't fake my age either if that's what you're implying & I have the right to say "Whatever". Seriously, stop warning me for crap. Just because you may personally not like me, don't harass me.

As for the film, if it sucks & I see it in theaters, I'm not buying the DVD.

Venomous Yoshi
Originally posted by Leo.M

The same goes for me.

Mirai Gohan
I know I'll end up watching it as well, I just don't want it to be a bad movie.

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Originally posted by Leo.M

I look forward to this. I've been a fan of DBZ for years and I want to see how everything is translated to the big screen.

Dusty
They should just stick to making DragonBall.

It came first, and it's much more enjoyable/credible.

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Originally posted by Dusty
They should just stick to making DragonBall.

It came first, and it's much more enjoyable/credible.

Like your sig. They should've started with Dragonball first, but with hollywood looking for the next action film and franchise they view DBZ as just that.

Ozone
Dusty, you have a funny signature.

Anyway, I'll watch this movie in theaters regardless if someone tells me it's good or bad. I just want to see how a live-action DBZ movie would be like.

Mirai Gohan
I'll watch it regardless, but I pray that we don't have ninja Nameks.

DARKLORDCAEDUS
I also want to see the CGI effects.

Mirai Gohan
Well, since FOX are a bunch of cheap bastards, we have to hope we get any CGI effects period.

Mirai Gohan
Since there will obviously be a lot of changes in the movie, what kind of changes would you guys like to happen in the movie? Personally, I'm kind of in favor of Goku going to school, it makes him smarter & a little bit more respectable. This movie should be the Saiyan saga & Goku should be 18-24 with him either being in High School or College & he should already have a son. It'd actually be best for him to be in College if he's going to attend school & if they also want to include Gohan.

Mirai Gohan
Any suggestions for Piccolo? For me, my suggestions are Djimon Hounsou & Michael Clarke Duncan.

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Any suggestions for Piccolo? For me, my suggestions are Djimon Hounsou & Michael Clarke Duncan.

Aren't they too old for the role?

Mirai Gohan
Not really. Make-up can do wonders & Piccolo doesn't have a true age.

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Not really. Make-up can do wonders & Piccolo doesn't have a true age.

But do they know any martial arts moves and will they be able to pull it off?

Mirai Gohan
They could learn as with any actor that has been in a role where he/she needed to train & learn special moves. Besides, in the latter parts of DBZ, less & less martial arts was used.

Who would you cast as Android 17?

Shank 'n Bake
Originally posted by Kal-El_08
They could learn as with any actor that has been in a role where he/she needed to train & learn special moves. Besides, in the latter parts of DBZ, less & less martial arts was used.

Who would you cast as Android 17?

I think Cillian Murphy would make a good Android 17.

Kal-El_08
Possibly, but I never even thought of him. He's a great actor so he could probably pull it off.

Kal-El_08
How do you all think the villains should be done? For me, I say:

Freeza: CGI
Cell: CGI (first two forms, perfect form can be an actor in prosthetics & make-up)
Buu: CGI

SnakeEyes
Let's be serious, this movie wouldn't work.

The voices of the actors wouldn't be at all like the voice actors used for the show, the hair for nearly all the characters would look ridiculous on screen, basically everything would have to be CGI...

Overall, this is just one of those things that would not translate well into a live action film.

cruel jedi
Jet Li would make an awesome vegita laughing both small and both kick ass

super pr*xy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fRdqHKRYk1E

awesome fan made movie based on dbz. this is how important good choreogrphy is to a live action dbz movie.

Kal-El_08
Originally posted by SnakeEyes
Let's be serious, this movie wouldn't work.

The voices of the actors wouldn't be at all like the voice actors used for the show, the hair for nearly all the characters would look ridiculous on screen, basically everything would have to be CGI...

Overall, this is just one of those things that would not translate well into a live action film.

1. Whoever said the characters have to sound exactly like they do in the cartoon?

2. Whoever said that the hair has to be that ridiculously big for the movie? It's pretty obvious their hair won't be that long.

Kal-El_08
Originally posted by cruel jedi
Jet Li would make an awesome vegita laughing both small and both kick ass

Jet Li could probably make a good Vegita but Ray Park could also pull off the role. He's short & he's pretty muscular. Not to mention he really does look like Vegita.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>