Why do some enjoy seeing others down/fall?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Czarina_Czarina
Ok, not only with Tevin Campell, but remember MCHammer?

Why is it that some folks praise a person up and up and up, just to ENJOY mocking that person and seeing them at a degraded or fallen state? How bi-polar of us. It makes a person wonder if it was worth being up there in the hearts/mind of men in the first place.

I know in another forum, it was stated that our genes are much more advanced then technology and our technology is much more advanced then our social-awareness/maturity...

genese>>>>technology>>social awareness/maturity

Why is that? Why do some enjoy negativity (and I mean RELISHING in it), and treat strangers so badly, and they know full well they wouldn't want this same treatment themselves? (do to others what you would want done to you). They know they wouldn't want to be in a degraded state for others to laugh about.

Remember the (Greek) fable/story of Jealousy and Envy (I can recite it the best I can right now):

Both jealous and envy were walking down the street, enjoying their day together.

They were walking together when a Genie walked up to them and offered a wish. He stated: "Here is a worm hole to another life, the first one who walks thru it gets everything he ever wishes while he walks thru, however, whatever he wishes for himself, I will grant double for the one that walks after him"

Both Jealousy and Envy look at themselves and wonder, which should go first. Jealousy felt he should go first but then wondered about missing a double porition. Jealousy asks Envy to go first. Envy is reluctant but decides to go in. So, Envy walks in and is about to make a wish, but remembers that Jealousy will end up with double. Envy makes his wish and Jealousy quickly follows afterward. As Jealousy walks thru, he realizes he is blind. Envy was so upset that Jealousy would end up with two portions of his wish, that he plucked out one eye, leaving Jealousy with both gone. Jealousy is blinded by Envy. (I'm not catholic, but envy is one of the 7 deadly sins, I wonder why).

Devil King
I only enjoy seen coloured people fail.

god, you're stupid.

C. C. Cowgirl
"Why do some enjoy seeing others down/fall?"

I did not read the rest angel

But THAT question has a psychological answer smile

Because by seeing that, people know there are people out there that has it as bad or worse than yourself stick out tongue

It makes most individuals that find amusement in that feel like they are better than someone else yes

Bardock42
Originally posted by Devil King
I only enjoy seen coloured people fail.

god, you're stupid. I only enjoy white people trapped in black bodies falling down.

And Michael Jackson.

Devil King
Come ON Shellie!, come on!

Victor Von Doom
You know what I haven't had in a while?

Big League Chew.

Czarina_Czarina
exactly

Robtard
Originally posted by Victor Von Doom
You know what I haven't had in a while?

Big League Chew.

Do you have "Fruit Stripe" in your filthy little Island? It is the best gum on the planet, though the flavor only last about 7-8 chews.

http://www.pixiestikz.com/blog/archives/images/fruitstripe.gif

Victor Von Doom
Originally posted by Robtard
Do you have "Fruit Stripe" in your filthy little Island? It is the best gum on the planet, though the flavor only last about 7-8 chews.

http://www.pixiestikz.com/blog/archives/images/fruitstripe.gif

No. Not widely available, anyway.

We don't have Big League Chew either.

Funkadelic
What the hell happened with Tevin Campbell?

Is that that kid that covered Shhh by Prince?

Robtard
Originally posted by Victor Von Doom
No. Not widely available, anyway.

We don't have Big League Chew either.

****ing England.

I feel obliged to ship you a pack, like I feel obliged to donate $0.82 a day to starving orphans in Guatemala whenever I see "those" commercials.

Robtard
Originally posted by Funkadelic
What the hell happened with Tevin Campbell?

Is that that kid that covered Shhh by Prince?

Well, if you believe Czarina_Czarina (I advise against this), Prince used him as a sexual butt-toy and then "tossed" into the wild streets where he probably died.

In reality though, he got himself addicted to drugs and was arrested for soliciting a "blow-job" from an undercover officer.

Funkadelic
That's cool, got what he deserved for butchering such a great song.

lol

JK

LethalFemme
Seeing people do bad makes me feel better about myself.doped

Alpha Centauri
I'm trying so hard to figure out why this person is allowed to frequent this forum.

-AC

Robtard
Originally posted by LethalFemme
Seeing people do bad makes me feel better about myself.doped

You remind me if Gina Gershon in 'Stripe Tease', man I wanted to **** the shit out of her.

debbiejo
My self esteem is going up... ..LOL

You answered your own question Czarina_Czarina, it's jealousy and envy.

Devil King
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
I'm trying so hard to figure out why this person is allowed to frequent this forum.

-AC

Don't waste your breath. No one is listening.

Schecter

-AC

im trying to figure out why the hell i still frequent this forum.

Robtard
Originally posted by Schecter

http://img50.imageshack.us/img50/3051/mulemanza0.jpg

Alpha Centauri
Don't waste your breath. No one is listening.

Pfft, like I'm gonna listen to The Joker.

I deduced that you are from your avatar and sig, it must be factually accurate.

-AC

Devil King
Pfft, like I'm gonna listen to The Joker.

I deduced that you are from your avatar and sig, it must be factually accurate.

-AC

I'm not sure what to say to that?

edit- oh, you're talking about Prince molesting children or something, right?

Bardock42
I'm not sure what to say to that?

edit- oh, you're talking about Prince molesting children or something, right?

Ha, you guys have sigs of the two most evil people ever.

lord xyz
im trying to figure out why the hell i still frequent this forum. You enjoy mental and physical masturbation?

Devil King
Originally posted by Bardock42
Ha, you guys have sigs of the two most evil people ever.

I had something to say, but it would just result in AC and I arguing over Prince for the next three pages.

Robtard
For a gay man, Prince sure is knee-deep in pussy.

Alpha Centauri
Funny coincidence actually.

When I went to see Prince just recently, they actually had an ad for an Elton John show at the same arena, but apparantly they were charging people to go in and watch it on a screen, televised from Vegas or something. Why would you pay concert money just to watch a screen of ANYBODY?

Not sure why he didn't just play the actual arena, could have sold it out easy enough.

Originally posted by Robtard
For a gay man, Prince sure is knee-deep in pussy.

I've not evidence to suggest he's gay. I just know that he boned Carmen Electra and has two identical, very attractive twins at his beck and call.

I almost hate him.

-AC

Robtard
I've not evidence to suggest he's gay. I just know that he boned Carmen Electra and has two identical, very attractive twins at his beck and call.

I almost hate him.

-AC

I don't think he is, I was just prodding you, for the sake of prodding you.

Alpha Centauri
I abide.

-AC

Czarina_Czarina
oh and there's Bill Clinton, he fell, but then again, he did what people usually don't, he sprung back up, calling him the "come back kid".

can you think of anyone else who's been on top and then, thrown down?

do you know anyone who likes to see people at their worst?

i use to hear some blacks say that white's love their pets more then they love blacks. i use to think that was awlful.

i have seen how people are treated and the love to get into someone's face, hurt their life, find out their passion or vision or love and then try to screw it up, enjoy seeing someone fall down and heckling them, and then, play important and interference games just to get into that person's face for a hello,...so, it makes me wonder if pets aren't a great option to a human friend.

i use to be pro-humanity, but, it's getting tougher these days.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Czarina_Czarina
oh and there's Bill Clinton, he fell, but then again, he did what people usually don't, he sprung back up, calling him the "come back kid".

can you think of anyone else who's been on top and then, thrown down?

do you know anyone who likes to see people at their worst?

i use to hear some blacks say that white's love their pets more then they love blacks. i use to think that was awlful.

i have seen how people are treated and the love to get into someone's face, hurt their life, find out their passion or vision or love and then try to screw it up, enjoy seeing someone fall down and heckling them, and then, play important and interference games just to get into that person's face for a hello,...so, it makes me wonder if pets aren't a great option to a human friend.

i use to be pro-humanity, but, it's getting tougher these days.

Most people love their pets more than most other people. What's your point?

Devil King
Funny coincidence actually.

When I went to see Prince just recently, they actually had an ad for an Elton John show at the same arena, but apparantly they were charging people to go in and watch it on a screen, televised from Vegas or something. Why would you pay concert money just to watch a screen of ANYBODY?

Not sure why he didn't just play the actual arena, could have sold it out easy enough.

I couldn't say. I know the Red Piano show is what's going on in Vegas and that show is going on tour in Europe soon. But he's signed a contract with the venue in Vegas, something like 75 shows over two years. something like that.

I almost hate him.

-AC

Prince isn't gay. He's a pimp. That's why gay guys are comfortable around him and that's why women love him. Prince is just a cool guy, that's my opinion.

Czarina_Czarina
Neils Bohr is another person's name that comes to mind, I mentioned him plenty of times before, he's someone who rose to the top and was heckled for his personal ideologies about the spirit world.

Here's a great example of the mind frame that Neils Bohr had to overcome when he stated that there could be a "collective mind", under the followers of Ayn Rand, the very popular Russian author, influenced many middle class Americans (who are probably retiring right now) about cultural norms, work, and religion. I agree with a lot of what this person is stating, a snippet from the book "The Fountianhead". But, in this clip, you see how dogmatic this character is, esp. when it comes to individualism as opposed to the "collective mind", which he equates as a peer-group rather then a spiritual head, dancing around it in such a way that one could easily think that both peer-group and spiritual-collective mind sets are the same ideology.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=7336056375813253358&q=fountainhead&total=105&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=0

Followers of Ayn Rand are older then me, so some may wonder how would I be familiar with her work. I thank God that I associated with both older and younger folks, as I learned about so many cultural/peer-group persuasions (books, movies, political ideologies)...

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-7788333688310890265

very old, sorry, but it affected our culture in America...

Bardock42
I happen to be a follower of Ayn Rand. I am younger than you. Please shut up.

Rogue Jedi
I abide.

-AC hehe....you like being prodded. wink

Lord Shaper
I want to be prodded =P.

Robtard
Originally posted by Lord Shaper
I want to be prodded =P.

But it says you're "male".

Czarina_Czarina

Lord Shaper

Bardock42
You should... like... write biographies on like...people.

Or die. Either is good.

BackFire
I like yours better.

Rogue Jedi
You should... like... write biographies on like...people. no

debbiejo
Well sometimes Czarina_Czarina sees things from a larger unexplored point of view, not widely excepted. Just that, and then asks questions about it. Though sometimes they can be quite bizzare. Boards are supposed to be about debating/discussing them. It's called free speach.

I've always heard there is no such thing is a stupid question.

*Gets Popcorn now*

Robtard
Originally posted by debbiejo

Stupidest proverb I've ever heard...

Lord Shaper
Can I have some of that popcorn? ^_^

debbiejo
Why, I put up with you? lol

Well it's for recreationial purposes........sure.

Czarina_Czarina

Lord Shaper

Robtard
Come again?

One mustn't provoke the animals.

debbiejo
This is a pg-13 form, we shouldn't discuss such words as coming, yet again.

Robtard
This is a pg-13 form, we shouldn't discuss such words as coming, yet again.

The vernacular in this day and age is "cumming" or "to cum".

Lord Shaper
Guys, stop it. w....... h....... i..........t.........e

sht...uff

Bardock42
Guys, stop it. W.....h....i....t....e

shtuff.... White stuff?

Eww, you are gross.

Czarina_Czarina
spiritually, we are the same as a seesaw, esp. with these duality arguments. if we ever establish balance, we do so knowing that both sides may have compromised it's higher status, the losing side being much more appreciative of not being at the bottom.

anyway, the other guy, in history, who had a bad rap was Alexander Hamilton, he was killed in a dual (I think it was Burr who did it, not sure). He was a strong force in est. our economic system in this country, but he was heckled as a son of a whore (at least when it comes to put downs, we are no different today then we were back then, collective-minded-yet-retarded/backwards), when George Washington was not a legit child neither. Don't know why they dismissed A.H., when his work offered us luxury.

Look, we can either heckle every new idea until a foreign country comes in and takes the very idea we seem to find amusing and uses it to advance themselves or we can grow up a bit.

wasn't there a book out a long time ago, that stated, something like "everything i learned about mankind, i learned in the 1st grade"? whatever the title, that says a lot about our social-maturity level.

debbiejo
What you need to do is to back up some of your thoughts with some good solid facts. It would help in your views. Even some solid based theories. smile

Czarina_Czarina
What you need to do is to back up some of your thoughts with some good solid facts. It would help in your views. Even some solid based theories. smile

You mean on the fact that we bring down people who do a lot for us?

1. Neils Bohr
2. Alexander Hamilton
3. Ayn Rand (even if I don't agree with all of her arguments b/c imo, her "looters" are none other then the folks who took over her dad's business, and she projected that entire unfairness into a series of novels that influenced western thought on capitalism and individualism).

I can name much more, and not just entertianers (mostly actors/singers).

I made a mistake, with the seesaw analogy, the one on the top is the one worse off, if there ever is an imbalance (I stated that at perfect equalibrium, both sides compromised it's "higher" status, but the one on the top is always going to come down hard at the will of the other end of the argument). ..."the losing side being much more appreciative of not being at the top, knowing it's now at the mercy of the one at the bottom"wink..it's a twist that we learn physically about our spiritual mind, it's counter-intuitive, which happens a lot with "spiritual" matters.

We should stop heckling new ideas, that kind of thinking puts us backwards, as of now, we are forward in technology, but we have to be careful not to be arrogant.

debbiejo
There is more than the media, and bias opinions which go with that. And a person cannot generalize either. That's all.

I enjoy your open mindedness and questions, because I am always questioning things myself. But if I could suggest, do an in depth study before you make a statement of probable truth......I like you. smile

I enjoy discussing things out of the box too sweety.

Imperial_Samura
You mean on the fact that we bring down people who do a lot for us?

1. Neils Bohr
2. Alexander Hamilton
3. Ayn Rand (even if I don't agree with all of her arguments b/c imo, her "looters" are none other then the folks who took over her dad's business, and she projected that entire unfairness into a series of novels that influenced western thought on capitalism and individualism).

And since you mentioned him in your opening post don't forget MC HAMMER.

I know he has done a lot for me, personally, more then Jesus and the Burger King combined.

Czarina_Czarina
ops, sorry if i didn't state that it can go either way...top or bottom, depending on who's meaner...but again, why do we enjoy seeing people at the bottom? (btw, God bless the Amish, they are great people, this photo makes me laugh b/c it goes against our intiution, esp. with the Amish girls, i think they only need a 7th or 8th grade education)

http://www.ringosoft.com/pictures/seesaw.jpg

debbiejo
I never do, in fact I usually go for the under dog.........I don't know why....maybe it's Empathy. I'm very stong with that. So much so that I have had to learn to balance myself on my perceptions.

Czarina_Czarina
btw, the seesaw is like a grounded libra scale (libra scale like the one you see near some court houses), definately with spiritual properties about how our mind's work in motion/dynamics/power with respect to duality.

debbiejo
Define Spiritual.....You use it a lot in your terminology.

chillmeistergen
Czarina, I'd like to see you fall down some stairs.

debbiejo
Bad Karma........naught, naught.........watch your step.......lol

Czarina_Czarina
I should share this, even though it has nothing to do with the joys of seeing one fall. It's a chess see-saw, and yes, I'm sure someone thinks it's crazy: The joy of innovation, the mind that makes this country so great....

http://www.chesshistory.com/winter/extra/pics/seesaw.jpg

Czarina_Czarina
Define Spiritual.....You use it a lot in your terminology.

spirit is energy, it's our mind, which may or maynot always be housed in the brain. it's what gives us life and depending on the person, it's sensitive to other energies.

debbiejo
Everything comes down to a more personal level of thinking...Don't generalize.

ADarksideJedi
I think it may be because alot of people don't like that person so seeing them suffer makes them feel good.Not a good thing but you have to admit we are just human!jm

debbiejo
spirit is energy, it's our mind, which may or maynot always be housed in the brain. it's what gives us life and depending on the person, it's sensitive to other energies. Yes, could be. Though spiritual is more neutral in it's appreciations of the events. No good, no bad. Yet, there still are physical properties that can be in effect at the same time. Not good, nor bad, but how we label them as they effect us...Like I do like it, or I don't like it.

Czarina_Czarina
Brintey Spears. That's another one that you social folks raised up to the top and enjoy seeing her down.

President Bush. He's a great actor, he's not dumb, b/c he picked very wise and intelligent advisors. What did people want? someone who is a man's man, people's people. And they wanted a first lady who is a stay-at-home wife. That's what the majority wanted, so that's what we've seen all these years. President Bush isn't stupid, he's just a great actor, awesome stage performance, b/c the people wanted someone to play that role. NO one who picks advisors who are at the top of their game, no one who is truly that idiotic would be able to understand intelligence, let alone, pick them as advisors. So, yeah, when I hear him talk and see him, I just think, "great performer, he's putting on the show that the people want to see".

As of yesterday, I've decided to boycott movies and music. I do not like our social system of degrading people who we once supported financially and socially, and then, for whatever reason unknown to me and others, that person is now the object of ridicule and shame, defaced (esp. Tevin Campbell),and to the amusement of those who may have enjoyed that person's art/skill. Approving of someone to release their sexual side, and then, mock them for being a freak or weirdo or ***, horrible. I would rather not even support them to the top, so that I'm one less person that pushed them so far above, that their decent down is terrible and beyond my approval and ability to help.

Imperial_Samura
Brintey Spears. That's another one that you social folks raised up to the top and enjoy seeing her down.

I couldn't stand her at the top and I can stand her over-dramatic, media seeking burnouts even less now.

But on that I think you need to differentiate between parody, black humor, satire and the like and actual feelings of malice towards a person.

Personally I would like to have "I said I would live forever or die trying... well, I guess you can see how that turned out" on my tombstone when I eventually need one.

Czarina_Czarina
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QW0C-Rtp_EY

Here's the little kid again, most may know the song, he was just a child, a child. And was trashed into a life of sex, and now, as an adult, he's been reduced and mocked, even when he was still a child, I heard people laughing (gay men) about him being "turned out", yeah, really funny, yeah right. I should't say this, but now that I relook at that video about "tomorrow", now, NOW, I am being paranoid and I'm looking at those old men on that video with a funny eye, esp. knowing the gossip about KT and what was done to him sexually as a kid, and the bad report of how they just sexed him and dismissed him. I'm really re-eval the men around that kid's life, all of them.

Imperial_Samura

President Bush. He's a great actor, he's not dumb, b/c he picked very wise and intelligent advisors. What did people want? someone who is a man's man, people's people. And they wanted a first lady who is a stay-at-home wife. That's what the majority wanted, so that's what we've seen all these years. President Bush isn't stupid, he's just a great actor, awesome stage performance, b/c the people wanted someone to play that role. NO one who picks advisors who are at the top of their game, no one who is truly that idiotic would be able to understand intelligence, let alone, pick them as advisors. So, yeah, when I hear him talk and see him, I just think, "great performer, he's putting on the show that the people want to see".

People want a president who acts like an buffoon? Isn't that a bit like saying "I want my neural surgeon to seem like a depressed drunk".

I am fairly sure what people wanted was what they voted for - a person who could and would lead the country. Not someone who can "put on a show" - if they wanted that they would have elected Robin Williams.

And what proof do you have that a person is incapable of picking advisors smarter then them? It seems a bit thin on it to say "he is clearly smart otherwise he wouldn't have hired smart people."

Good luck on that.

Czarina_Czarina
I keep going back and forth from the intellectual (Ayn Rand) to the entertainment industry (Tevin, B. Spears).

Here's an interview about Ayn Rand as well as another video that shows someone buring her book (Atlas Shrugged, and her philosphy effect our American politics/culture for many generations)...love her or hate her, she effected our policy and our culture:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-3758197902828667764&q=ayn+rand&total=645&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=9

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_B4pgo9Db6w

Czarina_Czarina
Here's more on Ayn Rand (I don't agree with her thinking, btw, I never liked Roark (her main character from The Fountainhead...I don't agree with her philosphy, but she was the rising star that was brought down):

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-1072366645871001921&q=ayn+rand&total=648&start=10&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=6

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-1072366645871001921&q=ayn+rand&total=648&start=10&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=6

Btw, according to the video, I had no idea that Descartes(spelling??) was gay (to the science/math nerds)..

Czarina_Czarina
sorry for so much about Ayn Rand, but here's a short skit on Atlas Shrugged, most has heard of the book, but in case it's been awhile, here's a short skit that can give you a reminder about objectivism (really, it's just to see how we agree with certain mindsets and then, we bring that same person/idea down to the ground):

JLred
I think...that it has something to do with the unexplored part of the brain...

I mean, aren't all humans born female and then genes cover up certain parts to change gender and can thus constitute in homosexuality (if you believe that it's genetic) so maybe like we're all born slightly evil and good nature covers up most of it but a little part still remains and we get a pleasure from watching others fall...

i know i get a sick pleasure from watching my cousins fall down and start crying...i hate it that i do but i can't stop myself from smiling deep down inside..but then sooner or later i feel really bad...

like in one case i was with my younger cousin, she's about 8 but when she's mad she can be a real pain in the ass. but when she's not she's really cute and funny.....well one time I was in her parent's garage messing with a weight set and she came along and started talking about some board game or something and her older brother called me and i dropped the weight and an open end landed on her head and she started bleeding..i got so frightened i called her parents and told them what had happened..well she ended up getting stitches and i felt really bad afterwards but when it did happen I smiled and laughed inside...

i dunno if it's because the way i was raised, my idea, or something else, but it's weird...

don't worry though i'm not about to go around hurting people...

Bardock42
Everything comes down to a more personal level of thinking...Don't generalize.

Ha

Imperial_Samura
sorry for so much about Ayn Rand, but here's a short skit on Atlas Shrugged, most has heard of the book, but in case it's been awhile, here's a short skit that can give you a reminder about objectivism (really, it's just to see how we agree with certain mindsets and then, we bring that same person/idea down to the ground):

Just out of interes have you read Atlas Shrugged?

eggmayo

Good call, sir. I'm signing off for another year or so. wink

Victor Von Doom
Well sometimes Czarina_Czarina sees things from a larger unexplored point of view, not widely excepted. Just that, and then asks questions about it. Though sometimes they can be quite bizzare. Boards are supposed to be about debating/discussing them. It's called free speach.

*Gets Popcorn now*

Well, well, well.

There's a viewpoint I expected.

You see something of yourself in her, don't you?

It's because you're both idiots who think you are misunderstood.

Actually though, you're just saying dumb stuff.

Free speech is the thing that allows us to laugh and point.

Czarina_Czarina
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M6_hr1OIw3Q&mode=related&search=

Here's a great video that shows the duality of

upperclass vs (r&b hip hop)

(another thread talked about this special relationship b/t both groups who are more intimate with each other then one would imagine, thus the exchanging of ideas and words and "knowing ones place"wink.

It's funny b/c they use Ayn Rand as a title, and the video is an amiplified causality of objectivism (someone critical would say "selfishness"wink...the singer is awesome and whoever put together the video along with the song, they did a wonderful job, it's well done. the use of the Indian beats, along with the lyrics makes someone ask "what did Ayn Rand think of Hinduism or Karma?"

Either way, it's the rise of love/lust and the fall/karmic lesson...enjoy, you and i may or may not agree with it, but nonetheless...it's well put together, the phonetic/prosodic jumps in the video that matches the words/lyrics, really captivating...

and the song is a mixture of

classic music+r&b rythme+E.Indian music

all in one, so it's very interesting, not the first time i heard this combo...

Czarina_Czarina
(i ran out of time to add this comment about her life vs the video that is characterising her):

...this video is about Ayn Rand's affair with a younger man, apparently there was this gossip that she had an affair with a man but it was all an "open" arrangement with both couples, they seem to have taught her a lesson about "selfishness", b/c she was emotionally hurt, but guess what, all that talk about selfishness/objectivism (imo) derived from when she was upset about something that happened to her family's business, her dad lost his company from "looters" and that may have triggered a switch in her mind as a child, causing her to believe in objectivism in a very selfish way, but at the same time, it's ironic that the person who broke her heart was also a liberterian, people that she was critical of, so it makes me wonder if they didn't just set her up. sad. either way, i see her as the little girl, upset at what happened to her dad's company, even if she's old enough to be my grandmother, i still see and try to understand her pain. she was disliked among the upper class, so i could imagine them setting her up for an "example", esp. if she was vocal and influencial, mostly among regular Americans. it's suspicious when someone from an opposing party just happens along your path, you fall in love and that person pulls away; what was he there for in the first place? maybe to teach her something on purpose, maybe it was planned from the begining to do that to her b/c she had a "big mouth" and was well liked among the "other" classes, and she was pro-selfishness, which could cause a llot of people who believe in karmic lessons to volunteer a moment of their life to make her into an emotional wreck...i am not a follower of ayn rand, btw, this is just an example of the desire to see someone fall. watch the video, and the younger man is from a political party that she was publically critical of them, so, someone guy from that political party sweeps her off her feet (all while her husband had his very own on the side), AND she's the main star in the karmic lesson of "what goes around comes around". did they ever bother to understand her childhood, and the violation of her dad's business, and how that could have triggered her thinking about individualism rather then collectivism.....this video is great, but an example of watching someone go "down", why do we enjoy this?

Czarina_Czarina
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=STnUlpHf720

this disco-tec video gives a good example of what Ayn Rand (she's the one with the dark hair/dutch hair cut on the train) was about, and again, from what i heard, she was critical of the liberterians only b/c she felt that they left out the metaphysical aspect that comes before politics/policies...which made a lot of upper class followers upset at her, and yeah, suddenly a young good looking guy comes into her life who just happens to be from that party and they "fall in love" while they are both married (even though her husband was cheating too with the wife of her lover, way before she had her affair with him)....either way, they destroyed her love life with this "lesson" on selfishness/objectivism, when in fact, could have been jealous of the fact that she captured the hearts/minds of millions of Americans/Westerns...as she gains support from an issue that effected her family in Russia...and remember, as a kid, she had to live with the fact that her dad lost his business to looters, maybe her dad put that stuff in her head after they lost their business, you never know...but i wouldn't doubt it, she was "new" to the cultural system of "lessons" that are played, she didn't know the game, but it was right there for her, waiting, and mocking her, as she talked of objectivism....

enjoy...in this video, it gives an understanding of objectivism or at least Atlas Shrugged...but again, selfishness has it's down side, we all know that, and so does altruism...

Bardock42
Did you read Atlas Shrugged?

Czarina_Czarina
sorry, i'm going to stop talking about ayn rand, but pls add on to the names of people who influenced our life, and their decent was enjoyed...(as that's the purpose of this thread)....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HASSYGWoylY&mode=related&search=

he's a libertarian, so that tells you right there how he would feel about her, not good, she was a strong critic of the liberterian movement, as she felt they were missing a philosphical concept b/4 involving themself in policy/politics...

pls do add on to anyone who was celebrated, but was thrown down before our eyes as entertainment...

oh, btw, i could be wrong about this, but rationality/irrationality is not related to logic (logic is related to the argument), rationality is just priori knowledge, irrationality is not (it's like the +i and -i in alegebra, it's not logic until you put it in an argument).

btw, descartes was into the senses moreso then rationalism, and that brought forth a need for rationalism. he was the one who brought us the cartesian plane (algebra), and he was inspired to create it from a dream, he was into imagination and the senses, instead of logic and rationality, but his work carved the way for rationalism. so, yeah, a lot of what we use that is based on algebraic principles use the (geometric) cartesian plane that stemmed from someone who praticed imagination and irrationality (anti priori knowledge) to come up with a concept or idea. if i am wrong, pls explain how and why, as this isn't an ego issue for me, descartes is one of my fav philosphers, and i could be slanted in view of him, and if info is missing or not as accurate, my apologies, as it's been awhile...

funny, how a board that deals with imagination such as comics, the idea of mystism + technology + genetics, all in animation, somehow, i'm surprised the readers are different from the core principle of what comic books are telling us about knowledge and power and morality and judgement...ironic...

Robtard

The wise-bet would be on a "no".

The joys of Wiki!

Bardock42

inimalist
I'm confused

were there two Ayn Rands now?

JLred
Originally posted by JLred
I think...that it has something to do with the unexplored part of the brain...

I mean, aren't all humans born female and then genes cover up certain parts to change gender and can thus constitute in homosexuality (if you believe that it's genetic) so maybe like we're all born slightly evil and good nature covers up most of it but a little part still remains and we get a pleasure from watching others fall...

i know i get a sick pleasure from watching my cousins fall down and start crying...i hate it that i do but i can't stop myself from smiling deep down inside..but then sooner or later i feel really bad...

like in one case i was with my younger cousin, she's about 8 but when she's mad she can be a real pain in the ass. but when she's not she's really cute and funny.....well one time I was in her parent's garage messing with a weight set and she came along and started talking about some board game or something and her older brother called me and i dropped the weight and an open end landed on her head and she started bleeding..i got so frightened i called her parents and told them what had happened..well she ended up getting stitches and i felt really bad afterwards but when it did happen I smiled and laughed inside...

i dunno if it's because the way i was raised, my idea, or something else, but it's weird...

don't worry though i'm not about to go around hurting people...

I post a comment and get no response...sad

Czarina_Czarina
I post a comment and get no response...sad

yes, but did u cause your cousin to rise, just to take pleasure in a hard fall?

i'll think about this idea of your cousin.

btw, just b/c i have science heros who are white, doesn't mean that i have some sort of fetish for all white men, or light skinned men, if that were the case, i would have never dated my ex 12 years ago. i feel i have to state this b/c some folks are only wired to think of sex and they may not understand the MIND, or appreciate anything about thought, so they only see "color" or "race" or "flesh" and draw all sorts of conclusions that are WRONG, as again, i was very crazy about that guy 12 years ago and dated so many men (not sex, just date, to any perverts), many black men, a few E. Indians, etc.

and i know i am speaking the obvious, but rationality (+i) and irrationality (-i), doesn't have to do with logic, it has to do with prior experience (rationality) and no proir experience (irrantionality), no prior experience makes one think of mystisism or immagination. the logic is added with constraints we call theorem, what i am saying is that you can take a irrational idea and apply it to a logical argument, and it can come out as truth.

JLred
yes, but did u cause your cousin to rise, just to take pleasure in a hard fall?

i'll think about this idea of your cousin.

btw, just b/c i have science heros who are white, doesn't mean that i have some sort of fetish for all white men, or light skinned men, if that were the case, i would have never dated my ex 12 years ago. i feel i have to state this b/c some folks are only wired to think of sex and they may not understand the MIND, or appreciate anything about thought, so they only see "color" or "race" or "flesh" and draw all sorts of conclusions that are WRONG, as again, i was very crazy about that guy 12 years ago and dated so many men (not sex, just date, to any perverts), many black men, a few E. Indians, etc.

and i know i am speaking the obvious, but rationality (+i) and irrationality (-i), doesn't have to do with logic, it has to do with prior experience (rationality) and no proir experience (irrantionality), no prior experience makes one think of mystisism or immagination. the logic is added with constraints we call theorem, what i am saying is that you can take a irrational idea and apply it to a logical argument, and it can come out as truth.

no it was an accident, her older brother was there and i just let go cause he asked to play football so i just dropped it, i was careless....but i couldn't stop the smile when i heard her cry...sad

Czarina_Czarina
no it was an accident, her older brother was there and i just let go cause he asked to play football so i just dropped it, i was careless....but i couldn't stop the smile when i heard her cry...sad

you were jealous of her, something she has that you don't want for her (for your own reasons: ego, etc.), and b/c you may not want to take it away from her, you want her punished, you can at least watch her in misery, it's jealousy/envy, meaning, you may have that for yourself, but you don't want it for HER, so you laugh at seeing her reduced/embarrassed.

read the story about Jealousy and Envy, and how both were given a gift to bless each other, but instead, one is without one eye and the other is without both. it's smiting the face just to see someone else with twice as less, it's the core of oppression, and yes, it could only work if it was enjoyable.

JLred
you were jealous of her, something she has that you don't want for her (for your own reasons: ego, etc.), and b/c you may not want to take it away from her, you want her punished, you can at least watch her in misery, it's jealousy/envy, meaning, you may have that for yourself, but you don't want it for HER, so you laugh at seeing her reduced/embarrassed.

read the story about Jealousy and Envy, and how both were given a gift to bless each other, but instead, one is without one eye and the other is without both. it's smiting the face just to see someone else with twice as less, it's the core of oppression, and yes, it could only work if it was enjoyable.
but this isn't just to her....or children...i get a pleasure from watching people just getting hurt...like i laugh all the time on How to Catch a Predator...i smile when my sister get's in trouble or my brothers going to get in a fight...even if i saw a mugging i'd probably smile for a little bit ut then i'd snap out of it and help...i sem to like it when people get hurt but only when i can't do anything about it..when i can i get an overwheliming sense that i have to do something...

Mindship
General rule of thumb: people want other people to feel the way they feel.

JLred
Originally posted by Mindship

sounds about right..

Czarina_Czarina
Originally posted by Mindship

so, what's wrong with me? not wanting to see others fall is kinda weird isn't it? i'm a little weirdo.

JLred
maybe since we've been in that position and people have laughed that we feel the need to laugh...or something of that sort....

Czarina_Czarina
maybe since we've been in that position and people have laughed that we feel the need to laugh...or something of that sort....

i haven't lived a spoiled existence, i had strict parents, i wasn't the prettiest of the three girls, i was overweight (still am), i was a nerd and it was required in the family, even though the school we went to required us to be "cool", we weren't "cool" at all, we were nerds, all of us. our parents raised us to never say the word "shut up", so if we couldn't be rude, we certainly wasn't allowed to curse at each other or anyone else, even if they were being nasty, we were taught to ignore them and if we have to fight, let it be in defense, don't pick on people, but defend yourself if necessary.

i haven't had any success with my love life (not allowed to be in love with the person in love with), no financial benefits (ruined career), nothing grand in skill or art or beauty.

i've seen people with greater "coolness", greater bodies, greater beauty, greater intellect, greater social position, better careers or greater success in it, etc. I see them all the time.

what's wrong with me? i'm suppose to want them to be less, i'm suppose to hate them or ruin their life, right? i'm suppose to be happy to see them fall?

i'm a weirdo. i'm strange. i'm different.

Bardock42
what's wrong with me?

That's subject to immense study.

i'm suppose to want them to be less, i'm suppose to hate them or ruin their life, right? i'm suppose to be happy to see them fall?

What? Of course you aren't. What are you? Crazy? You shouldn't take pleasure in other people's misfortune.

True

miss_swann
so, what's wrong with me? not wanting to see others fall is kinda weird isn't it? i'm a little weirdo. I don't like seeing others fall down to join me unless they tripped me.

Czarina_Czarina
That's subject to immense study.

What? Of course you aren't. What are you? Crazy? You shouldn't take pleasure in other people's misfortune.

True

I don't take pleasure in the misfortune of others, that is what makes me weird and strange and odd.

Czarina_Czarina
Originally posted by miss_swann
I don't like seeing others fall down to join me unless they tripped me.

i don't like it either way, i don't need to see someone fall down the same path i did, even if they pushed and i've had that happen PLENTY of times in my life. i don't know how many times i forgave a person(s) for hurting me.

Bardock42
I don't take pleasure in the misfortune of others, that is what makes me weird and strange and odd.

That's disgusting. We normal people don't enjoy seeing others fail. there must be something really horribly wrong with you. I find you really disgusting. I can't understand that, how you can be so jealous. It's weird.

Czarina_Czarina
That's disgusting. We normal people don't enjoy seeing others fail. there must be something really horribly wrong with you. I find you really disgusting. I can't understand that, how you can be so jealous. It's weird.

reversing the script so that it appears that i'm the one that likes to see people fall, i saw through that a couple of posts ago, but i thought it would go away.

sad.

and yes, i'm strange for NOT enjoying people fail, and not wanting to see people fall, even if they pushed me down. that is what makes me strange or weirdo.

Alpha Centauri
I do want you to fall, preferably off the top of a building.

Call that harsh but I somehow feel you wouldn't be missed.

-AC

Czarina_Czarina
I do want you to fall, preferably off the top of a building.

Call that harsh but I somehow feel you wouldn't be missed.

-AC

again, i am strange, even after you tell me this, i wouldn't want the same for you.

Bardock42
reversing the script so that it appears that i'm the one that likes to see people fall, i saw through that a couple of posts ago, but i thought it would go away.

sad.

and yes, i'm strange for NOT enjoying people fail, and not wanting to see people fall, even if they pushed me down. that is what makes me strange or weirdo.
Please, stop doing that. It is sick that you want people to fail. Most people want others to succeed and feel good with them. I don't like how you think about it. Why do you want people to fail so bad? Is it because you yourself can't succeed? The old jealousy issue?

Czarina_Czarina
My self esteem is going up... ..LOL

You answered your own question Czarina_Czarina, it's jealousy and envy.

Czarina_Czarina

I do not like our social system of degrading people who we once supported financially and socially, and then, for whatever reason unknown to me and others, that person is now the object of ridicule and shame, defaced (esp. Tevin Campbell),and to the amusement of those who may have enjoyed that person's art/skill. Approving of someone to release their sexual side, and then, mock them for being a freak or weirdo or ***, horrible. I would rather not even support them to the top, so that I'm one less person that pushed them so far above, that their decent down is terrible and beyond my approval and ability to help.

chillmeistergen
You're not strange and different because you enjoy other people's pleasure, Czarina. You're a weirdo because you believe in things that aren't there, are possibly the least intelligent peson on this forum; including that Fuze-lover lass.

You're a racist, a hypocrite, a spaz and just a general annoying bint. That's what makes you a weirdo.

Alpha Centauri
Czarina; blurring the line between tolerance and stupidity est. Yesterday.

-AC

Czarina_Czarina
Originally posted by chillmeistergen
You're not strange and different because you enjoy other people's pleasure, Czarina. You're a weirdo because you believe in things that aren't there, are possibly the least intelligent peson on this forum; including that Fuze-lover lass.

You're a racist, a hypocrite, a spaz and just a general annoying bint. That's what makes you a weirdo.

Sir, the very things you use and benefit from are MOST likely from people who are socially weird by your standards.

And I explained irrationality to you, it only means the lack of prior knowledge, which means using the senses or mysticism, if you find that weird, that's your right.

And funny how a person labeled a racist has done so much for the black community. Funny.

If you find me a spaz or whatever, that's your choice.

NO, I think I am weird b/c I actually care about others.

Bardock42
Sir, the very things you use and benefit from are MOST likely from people who are socially weird by your standards.

And I explained irrationality to you, it only means the lack of prior knowledge, which means using the senses or mystism, if you find that weird, that's your right.

And funny how a person labeled a racist has done so much for the black community. Funny.

If you find me a spaz or whatever, that's your choice.

NO, I think I am weird b/c I actually care about others. What did you do for the black community?

And, if you feel good by caring about others I am happy for you...

Czarina_Czarina
What did you do for the black community?

And, if you feel good by caring about others I am happy for you...

1. volunteered to tutor math/science
2. wrote petitions to grant busing in areas/routes that weren't allowing "blacks" (the folks in the area were saying it was racism that was keeping the bus routes restricted), both written petitions were granted and was given a letter stating based on the arguments, they were allowing bus routes in those areas once restricted.
3. wrote press release(s) to stop gun violence in inner city area near Ga. Tech (as these students are from all over the world, engineers, and would have to deal with news reports of inner city gun battles, not good news to report back to the parents, plus, children were dying). The press release made FRONT headlines and the newly elected official showed up to the gathering to stop gun violence in the inner city, and soon afterward, was elected,majorty vote.
4. argued on the behalf of blacks who felt they were the victims of racism (3-4 different times).
5. marched against the klan, when they were in Atlanta, per the request of others who made false claims as to why the klan was even marching.

And much much more, it's not for me to brag or make any issues of it. It's just ironic to be labeled racist.

I think some folks confused disliking cultural aspects of a group, I can dislike something, but if I never bother your income, housing, ect. why bother that person or heckle them?

Bardock42
1. volunteered to tutor math/science
2. wrote petitions to grant busing in areas/routes that weren't allowing "blacks" (the folks in the area were saying it was racism that was keeping the bus routes restricted), both written petitions were granted and was given a letter stating based on the arguments, they were allowing bus routes in those areas once restricted.
3. wrote press release(s) to stop gun violence in inner city area near Ga. Tech (as these students are from all over the world, engineers, and would have to deal with news reports of inner city gun battles, not good news to report back to the parents, plus, children were dying). The press release made headlines and the newly elected official showed up to the gathering to stop gun violence in the inner city, and soon afterward, was elected,majorty vote.
4. argued on the behalf of blacks who felt they were the victims of racism (3-4 different times).

And much much more, it's not for me to brag or make any issues of it. It's just ironic to be labeled racist.

Well, you do talk very negatively about black males, you do realize that, right?

Czarina_Czarina
Well, you do talk very negatively about black males, you do realize that, right?

it doesn't matter, black males talk negatively about black females. so what of it? some of them can't stand women at all, and i am female. so what of it to anyone, i read what they have to say, and allow them to get their issues off of their chest, i'm not going to heckle them, reduce them in life, brand them, cause them to lose their job, eat their income, or enjoy their down fall b/c they spoke their mind. you have no idea who i am, if you think i would go after someone who doesn't like me as a female, or mixed person, or someone who is dark colored or who has some black features, you don't know me, if you think i would hurt someone who doesn't like me or voiced a general opinion about a feature that i happen to have. you don't know me, if you think i would attack someone under those circumstance, even if i had full power to do so without consequence, i wouldn't bother them at all, let'm speak, it's his right and maybe there are truths to his experience(s), i wouldn't be his heckler or his oppressor, and plenty of black men talk baldy about females, all the time. so what of it? should they be out of jobs? or reduced? or heckled? it's his OPINION. freedom of speech, if he doesn't like women, or black women, or all women, that's his right to say it. and i'm the last to ask him to shut it up. even if he wasn't black, i really don't require to shut their opinions off.

you can dislike me and i will leave you at peace. you liking or disliking me, has nothing to do with me liking myself, it's simply your opinion. when i state that i care about people, it's not a care for their approval, it's a general care about wellbeing.

remember the story about the kid i grew up with, who was in the klan? i wasn't telling that story to state that i wanted to join the klan, if anyone read it that way, they should re-read what was written. that story was an analogy, stating that i don't have to be around someone who dislike my very skin color, as long as they leave me alone, don't bother me. if someone has my same color and bothers me, that would be a problem. if someone has the power to problem my job, my income,my home b/c they read this stuff and found that they are black and proud and ashamed that i wrote this, they are projecting big time. as i never put my hand on anyone who is minority or white or whatever, and i never used my job to hurt someone just b/c of their background. so it's really a case of oppressing someone b/c they spoke their mind and that's a constitutional right (and yes, i know that blacks weren't given a lot of rights under the constitution such as freedom of speech, maybe that's why they tried to gather some sort of sympathy based on words).

Bardock42
it doesn't matter, black males talk negatively about black females. so what of it? some of them can't stand women at all, and i am female. so what of it to anyone, i read what they have to say, and allow them to get their issues off of their chest, i'm not going to heckle them, reduce them in life, brand them, cause them to lose their job, eat their income, or enjoy their down fall b/c they spoke their mind. you have no idea who i am, if you think i would go after someone who doesn't like me as a female, or mixed person, or someone who is dark colored or who has some black features, you don't know me, if you think i would hurt someone who doesn't like me or voiced a general opinion about a feature that i happen to have. you don't know me, if you think i would attack someone under those circumstance, even if i had full power to do so without consequence, i wouldn't bother them at all, let'm speak, it's his right and maybe there are truths to his experience(s), i wouldn't be his heckler or his oppressor, and plenty of black men talk baldy about females, all the time. so what of it? should they be out of jobs? or reduced? or heckled? it's his OPINION. freedom of speech, if he doesn't like women, or black women, or all women, that's his right to say it. and i'm the last to ask him to shut it up. even if he wasn't black, i really don't require to shut their opinions off. But I am sure not all are like that. Those I met were very nice individuals. A few I know on here are great. You understand that it is pretty racist to talk like that about all black males.

Lord Shaper
it doesn't matter, black males talk negatively about black females. so what of it? some of them can't stand women at all, and i am female. so what of it to anyone, i read what they have to say, and allow them to get their issues off of their chest, i'm not going to heckle them, reduce them in life, brand them, cause them to lose their job, eat their income, or enjoy their down fall b/c they spoke their mind. you have no idea who i am, if you think i would go after someone who doesn't like me as a female, or mixed person, or someone who is dark colored or who has some black features, you don't know me, if you think i would hurt someone who doesn't like me or voiced a general opinion about a feature that i happen to have. you don't know me, if you think i would attack someone under those circumstance, even if i had full power to do so without consequence, i wouldn't bother them at all, let'm speak, it's his right and maybe there are truths to his experience(s), i wouldn't be his heckler or his oppressor, and plenty of black men talk baldy about females, all the time. so what of it? should they be out of jobs? or reduced? or heckled? it's his OPINION. freedom of speech, if he doesn't like women, or black women, or all women, that's his right to say it. and i'm the last to ask him to shut it up. even if he wasn't black, i really don't require to shut their opinions off.

you can dislike me and i will leave you at peace. you liking or disliking me, has nothing to do with me liking myself, it's simply your opinion. when i state that i care about people, it's not a care for their approval, it's a general care about wellbeing.

remember the story about the kid i grew up with, who was in the klan? i wasn't telling that story to state that i wanted to join the klan, if anyone read it that way, they should re-read what was written. that story was an analogy, stating that i don't have to be around someone who dislike my very skin color, as long as they leave me alone, don't bother me. if someone has my same color and bothers me, that would be a problem. if someone has the power to problem my job, my income,my home b/c they read this stuff and found that they are black and proud and ashamed that i wrote this, they are projecting big time. as i never put my hand on anyone who is minority or white or whatever, and i never used my job to hurt someone just b/c of their background. so it's really a case of oppressing someone b/c they spoke their mind and that's a constitutional right (and yes, i know that blacks weren't given a lot of rights under the constitution such as freedom of speech, maybe that's why they tried to gather some sort of sympathy based on words).

Methinks you care WAY too much about these issues.

Czarina_Czarina
But I am sure not all are like that. Those I met were very nice individuals. A few I know on here are great. You understand that it is pretty racist to talk like that about all black males.

there are black men who dislike black females. you will never hear me attack that person, at all. as long as they don't do anything to hurt that person's ability in life, i leave them alone. if i have to, i'll ask about their upbringing and try to connect the dots and see where the root lies, and if i can find it and someone asks, i'll talk about it, but i am not going to play god and ask him to love all black females or white females or any females.

people are like the pallet on your tongue, if you like apples, but i don't, what does that mean to you. the universe is LARGE, HUGE, expansive. if you like carrots, but i hate it, what is that to anyone?

I know you are from Europe, and I am not sure about all European laws, but we have freedom of speech here. someone can talk about Bush and relate it to all hicks across this country, and you may know some really kind hicks, but to them, they want to verbally attack Bush, well, I don't interven. I don't tell'm they hate hicks and I know great hicks who are wonderful. I let'm talk. Their right to talk. If I try to hurt their family, income,job, love life, b/c they said they found a pattern in most hicks (maybe i read it as all hicks), why the heck am I going to bother their life? if i disagree, i disagree, that's the beauty of speech, it's words, not fighting words to oppress someone.

Bardock42
there are black men who dislike black females. you will never hear me attack that person, at all. as long as they don't do anything to hurt that person's ability in life, i leave them alone. if i have to, i'll ask about their upbringing and try to connect the dots and see where the root lies, and if i can find it and someone asks, i'll talk about it, but i am not going to play god and ask him to love all black females or white females or any females.

people are like the pallet on your tongue, if you like apples, but i don't, what does that mean to you. the universe is LARGE, HUGE, expansive. if you like carrots, but i hate it, what is that to anyone?

I know you are from Europe, and I am not sure about all European laws, but we have freedom of speech here. someone can talk about Bush and relate it to all hicks across this country, and you may know some really kind hicks, but to them, they want to verbally attack Bush, well, I don't interven. I don't tell'm they hate hicks and I know great hicks who are wonderful. I let'm talk. Their right to talk. If I try to hurt their family, income,job, love life, b/c they said they found a pattern in most hicks (maybe i read it as all hicks), why the heck am I going to bother their life?

If you make generalized and unfounded statements and insult lots of people, that is something to me. I don't like it. It annoys me.

And Freedom of Speech always goes both ways.

Lord Shaper

I know you are from Europe, and I am not sure about all European laws, but we have freedom of speech here. someone can talk about Bush and relate it to all hicks across this country, and you may know some really kind hicks, but to them, they want to verbally attack Bush, well, I don't interven. I don't tell'm they hate hicks and I know great hicks who are wonderful. I let'm talk. Their right to talk. If I try to hurt their family, income,job, love life, b/c they said they found a pattern in most hicks (maybe i read it as all hicks), why the heck am I going to bother their life? if i disagree, i disagree, that's the beauty of speech, it's words, not fighting words to oppress someone.

I'm a hick, you got a problem with that? I'm gonna go tend my cows and sheep now.

Czarina_Czarina
If you make generalized and unfounded statements and insult lots of people, that is something to me. I don't like it. It annoys me.

And Freedom of Speech always goes both ways.

and out of liberty and grace, and my own self-esteem, i am not after you b/c you dislike me, you've called me all sorts of names, YOUR OPINION, YOU CAN HAVE ONE or two or as many as you so desire.

and i can't insult anyone without their permission.

and i allow you freedom of speech, why? b/c i am not attacking you (if i attacked you, it wasn't really free was it?) for what you are saying back to me, that's freedom, you are free to T-A-L-K.

I'm not after your job, income, love life, career, family, home; simply b/c you said insulting things, you have a right to talk, and under F-R-E-E-D-O-M of speech, you can talk, without fear of me going after you, even if I find your words insulting, so what you don't like me, it's OK. you aren't required to, and i'm not going to reduce you in life just b/c i took your words to heart, why would i do that for? your words don't belong to me, they are your words, your thoughts, not my own.

Bardock42
and out of liberty and grace, and my own self-esteem, i am not after you b/c you dislike me, you've called me all sorts of names, YOUR OPINION, YOU CAN HAVE ONE or two or as many as you so desire.

and i can't insult anyone without their permission.

and i allow you freedom of speech, why? b/c i am not attacking you for what you are saying back to me, that's freedom, you are free to T-A-L-K.

I'm not after you job, income, love life, career, family, home; simply b/c you said insulting things, you have a right to talk, and under F-R-E-E-D-O-M of speech, you can talk, without fear of me going after you, even if I find your words insulting, so what you don't like me, it's OK. you aren't required to, and i'm not going to reduce you in life just b/c i took your words to heart, why would i do that for? your words don't belong to me, they are your words, your thoughts, not my own.

Yeah I am. Whether you grant me that freedom or not.

Czarina_Czarina
I'm a hick, you got a problem with that? I'm gonna go tend my cows and sheep now.

Enjoy!

Czarina_Czarina
Yeah I am. Whether you grant me that freedom or not.

The law (from our country which is under liberty and grace), the L-A-W is granting you freedom, and allowing me the right to grant you the same. My esteem is my application of it (someone who doesn't esteem it on the positive, could have easily tried to personally attack your name or income or life), meaning, I'm not using it to hurt anyone, out of a good esteem.

Bardock42
The law (from our country which is under liberty and grace), the L-A-W is granting you freedom, and allowing me the right to grant you the same. My esteem is my application of it, meaning, I'm not using it to hurt anyone, out of a good esteem. Bullshit you moronic idiot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tTOQhPd2Xh4

Czarina_Czarina
Bullshit you moronic idiot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tTOQhPd2Xh4

You give someone power by having to put them down in the first place. If you have to put someone in their place, that shows that they were in a higher position to begin with. I don't put people in their place, b/c that would mean that I placed them high above me.

if i have to do anything with a person or culture that i find annoying or mean or rude, i ignore them, not personally attack a person. so it's a wonder what's being done here to me in my personal life and online. it's against my constitutional right.

That's another reason why I don't go around attacking INDIVIDUALS, i may not like certain cultures, but I don't attack an individual's life or name, esp. for their thoughts on culture or women.

Bardock42
You give someone power by having to put them down in the first place. If you have to put someone in their place, that shows that they were in a higher position to begin with. I don't put people in their place, b/c that would mean that I placed them high above me.

Nonsense, you can put people down that are below you.

if i have to do anything with a person or culture that i find annoying or mean or rude, i ignore them, not personally attack a person. so it's a wonder what's being done here to me in my personal life and online. it's against my constitutional right.

Good for you, I like to face my problems. And change them, by constantly insulting them. What is done against your constitutional right?

That's another reason why I don't go around attacking INDIVIDUALS, i may not like certain cultures, but I don't attack an individual's life or name, esp. for their thoughts on culture or women.

W-why not? To attack individiuals makes more sense.

Czarina_Czarina
Nonsense, you can put people down that are below you.

Good for you, I like to face my problems. And change them, by constantly insulting them. What is done against your constitutional right?

W-why not? To attack individiuals makes more sense.

nobody is below me, even the ones i ignore or can't stand. that's something people like you can't understand, i may not like a religion or group or culture, BUT, that individual is NOT beneath me, my opinions do not institutionalize that position, if they read it that way, it's a matter of them having some sort of heirarchical thinking, and measuring their importance based on my words, why would they do that for?

talking about the ideologies of a group and how they solve problems and your dislike of it, that's not the same as ruining an individuals name, hurting their job, home, love life, those things are against the law. i can talk about a group all i want to, and ignore folks that bother me, they aren't below me as individuals, if they read it that way, then they have esteem issues, why would they place my words to such importance unless IT'S TRUTH, if it's not true, who cares, it's a generality. if it applies to them and now, they want to see me punished , they are telling on themselves.

Bardock42
nobody is below me

QFT

, even the ones i ignore or can't stand. that's something people like you can't understand, i may not like a religion or group or culture, BUT, that individual is NOT beneath me, my opinions do not institutionalize that position, if they read it that way, it's a matter of them having some sort of heirarchical thinking, and measuring their importance based on my words, why would they do that for?

You make no sense. I doubt you yourself understand anything.

talking about the ideologies of a group and how they solve problems and your dislike of it, that's not the same as ruining an individuals name, hurting their job, home, love life, those things are against the law. i can talk about a group all i want to, and ignore folks that bother me, they aren't below me as individuals, if they read it that way, then they have esteem issues, why would they place my words to such importance unless IT'S TRUTH, if it's not true, who cares, it's a generality. if it applies to them and now, they want to see me punished , they are telling on themselves.

I am sorry, but if people think that groups should be killed for being gay, I really don't care if I hurt them. What world do you live in? And maybe because people might think it is true while it is not.

You are stupid. I dislike talking to you. It is like you are unable to make the next logical step in an argument.

Czarina_Czarina
QFT

You make no sense. I doubt you yourself understand anything.

I am sorry, but if people think that groups should be killed for being gay, I really don't care if I hurt them. What world do you live in? And maybe because people might think it is true while it is not.

You are stupid. I dislike talking to you. It is like you are unable to make the next logical step in an argument.

You have a right to think whatever you want of me, your thoughts are not my thoughts.

Lord Shaper
M&M'S are tasty, especially the new dark chocolate ones. That Addams Family commercial for it was rockin'. I loved it, almost as much as I love milkshakes and root beer floats.

Czarina_Czarina
i haven't lived a spoiled existence, i had strict parents, i wasn't the prettiest of the three girls, i was overweight (still am), i was a nerd and it was required in the family, even though the school we went to required us to be "cool", we weren't "cool" at all, we were nerds, all of us. our parents raised us to never say the word "shut up", so if we couldn't be rude, we certainly wasn't allowed to curse at each other or anyone else, even if they were being nasty, we were taught to ignore them and if we have to fight, let it be in defense, don't pick on people, but defend yourself if necessary.

i haven't had any success with my love life (not allowed to be in love with the person in love with), no financial benefits (ruined career), nothing grand in skill or art or beauty.

i've seen people with greater "coolness", greater bodies, greater beauty, greater intellect, greater social position, better careers or greater success in it, etc. I see them all the time.

what's wrong with me? i'm suppose to want them to be less, i'm suppose to hate them or ruin their life, right? i'm suppose to be happy to see them fall?

Bardock42
You have a right to think whatever you want of me, your thoughts are not my thoughts.

No, or your thoughts would be logical and intelligent.

Imperial_Samura

Well I think you will find most people do not want to see others "fall", there isn't some kind of lust to see people topple.

However, just as I said you shouldn't mistake black humor, satire, parody and the like for actual feelings of malice, you also should understand the higher a person is, they more open they are to scrutiny from many, many, many people with different values and standards who will support or detract from them. Likewise the things they do, say and advocate will be open to scrutiny as well, and if they are in a position of influence, or even power, people are going to pay attention and voice their opinions on whether they believe in what they are doing or saying or not.

If they are going against a persons views then there will be criticism, and if they are are doing so strongly enough then people will want them out. I think you are overstating your belief that people "other then you" get kicks out of failure.

In the case of Ayn Rand you forget that as an author and for the ideas presented she received massive support and admiration from some, but strong criticism from others.

And you never answered the question of whether you had actually read Atlas Shrugged.

chillmeistergen
In Europe if we have a go at the government, we vanish.

Fvcking idiot.

Czarina_Czarina
Originally posted by Imperial_Samura
Well I think you will find most people do not want to see others "fall", there isn't some kind of lust to see people topple.

However, just as I said you shouldn't mistake black humor, satire, parody and the like for actual feelings of malice, you also should understand the higher a person is, they more open they are to scrutiny from many, many, many people with different values and standards who will support or detract from them. Likewise the things they do, say and advocate will be open to scrutiny as well, and if they are in a position of influence, or even power, people are going to pay attention and voice their opinions on whether they believe in what they are doing or saying or not.

If they are going against a persons views then there will be criticism, and if they are are doing so strongly enough then people will want them out. I think you are overstating your belief that people "other then you" get kicks out of failure.

In the case of Ayn Rand you forget that as an author and for the ideas presented she received massive support and admiration from some, but strong criticism from others.

And you never answered the question of whether you had actually read Atlas Shrugged.

but it happens all the time, not only to B. Spears, Whitney Houston, Paris, N. Richie, that girl from the Disney channel, T. Campbell (didn't know about his drug issue or his brush with the law, wouldn't doubt that people on drugs act out of character, and I wouldn't doubt that if the rumors are true, if what happened to him as a child is true, i wouldn't doubt it if i heard of him growing up as an adult with either drug or alcoholic related issues or even brushes with the law, I believe in second chances for people, not kicking them b/c they fell (esp. any child abuse), he was obviously encouraged to go to or explore the gay lifestyle too young, and ended up with issues that most kids wouldn't be able to handle), the list goes on and on, and it happens very often, someone rises and falls, it's every day or week, and then, using music/entertainment to tell kids that this stuff is really cool and hot and the way to go.

regarding Ayn Rand, my parents had Atlas Shrugged, I only read The Fountainhead, and I hated it. The issue with AS wasn't to glorify it or debase it, it was only an illustration of the REACTION people had to someone/something rising and wanting to see it/them/him/her fall. I have no intention in reading A.S., as The Fountainhead left me with zero desire for her work, do I dislike her? NO. I respect her position, even if I disagree with it. I tried to understand her upbringing, the core issue that brought her to the idea of classifying people as "looters"/collectivism versus "individualism/objectivism". It was her background in how her family saw looters take over and "steal" her father's pharmaceutical company. It makes better sense to try to see the "trigger" point in some one's life, imo, rather then to heckle them like one is at a football game, on the wrong side of the team, it's too often, and done in personal life and it's too much negativity and it's without civility, civility means I don't have to like you, and you don't have to like me, but we respect each other's position.

JLred

that's got nothing to do with what i said....

i said, and i quote...

Imperial_Samura
but it happens all the time, not only to B. Spears, Whitney Houston, Paris, N. Richie, that girl from the Disney channel, T. Campbell the list goes on and on, and it happens very often, someone rises and falls, it's every day or week, and then, using music/entertainment to tell kids that this stuff is really cool and hot and the way to go.

I really think you need to define "rising" and "falling" - I mean Paris Hilton and Nicole Ritchie? I laugh when a comedian does a good bit on them, I don't when they don't. Beyond that I really wish I didn't have to hear about them, and I don't think the news is really the medium for examining Paris Hilton's latest antics.

What exactly has she contributed, or anything, that technically puts her in a elevated position making he capable of falling, beyond people showing interest in her? They "fell", comedians make jokes, the world moves on. I know I'm not taking joy in their "fall" and nor am I on the ground beating my chest and wailing "Oh Britney, you don't deserve this!"

What I can be heard saying is "why the hell should this be on the news? It is her life, she made her choices, she has to deal with the results, like any normal mere mortal."

From what I have seen their issue had nothing to do with the fact she was rising and wanting to see her fall, but rather the things she said in relation to writing/philosophy, and/or the way the book was written (I appreciate it for what it is, though I felt it was ponderously written).

Hence why you should justify "rise and fall" - criticism of work is not desire to see someone fall, it is saying "I have a problem with what you are writing/saying/advocating/ and/or how you are doing it."

And I imagine there were people who disliked her, but a good number of the people who didn't like her writing/philosophy where just that = people not liking her writing/philosophy. Not people with some personal lust for her failure.

And ultimately if one puts themselves out there they have to understand, and accept, that some of the things they do wont be accepted by all, and as such there will be criticism.

Czarina_Czarina
I really think you need to define "rising" and "falling" - I mean Paris Hilton and Nicole Ritchie? I laugh when a comedian does a good bit on them, I don't when they don't. Beyond that I really wish I didn't have to hear about them, and I don't think the news is really the medium for examining Paris Hilton's latest antics.

What exactly has she contributed, or anything, that technically puts her in a elevated position making he capable of falling, beyond people showing interest in her? They "fell", comedians make jokes, the world moves on. I know I'm not taking joy in their "fall" and nor am I on the ground beating my chest and wailing "Oh Britney, you don't deserve this!"

What I can be heard saying is "why the hell should this be on the news? It is her life, she made her choices, she has to deal with the results, like any normal mere mortal."

From what I have seen their issue had nothing to do with the fact she was rising and wanting to see her fall, but rather the things she said in relation to writing/philosophy, and/or the way the book was written (I appreciate it for what it is, though I felt it was ponderously written).

Hence why you should justify "rise and fall" - criticism of work is not desire to see someone fall, it is saying "I have a problem with what you are writing/saying/advocating/ and/or how you are doing it."

And I imagine there were people who disliked her, but a good number of the people who didn't like her writing/philosophy where just that = people not liking her writing/philosophy. Not people with some personal lust for her failure.

And ultimately if one puts themselves out there they have to understand, and accept, that some of the things they do wont be accepted by all, and as such there will be criticism.

I just think that hearing any celeb FALL or disgrace themselves isn't for my amusement at all, it's troubling, and it's not cute. Whitney Houston, that was TERRIBLE, terrible, terrible to her in that state, I don't care if she thought she was "all that", what does that have to do with ME? Reduce her life before the world b/c someone felt she thought she was "too good", so? I had a lady tell me that, WH felt she was too good and needed someone like BB to put her in her place. I thought, WOW lady, wow. WH, Paris, T.Campbell, as long as I don't "hear" there thoughts of me in such a way that it influences my work, love life, ability to socialize, WHY DO I CARE? WHY? I DON'T CARE WHAT SHE THINKS OF HERSELF, SHE THINK SHE WAS THE QUEEN BEE OF {BLANK}, HOW DOES THAT EFFECT MY SELF ESTEEM? IT DOESN'T, THAT'S THE TRICK, IT DOESN'T. And for those who allow it to effect their self worth, I wonder about them, I really do. I can care less what Paris thinks of herself, if she's destroying her life, I may end up caring, but if she thinks she's "all that", what does her mindset have to do with my job? my life? my love? my business? my income? my raises? my friends? my abilities? Some folks really do need to get a life and stop being so negative and hurtful in the lives of others, they really do need to get a hobby. If they feel this way about celebs they don't even know, can you imagine the stuff they do to their family members, coworkers? finding out if that person thinks they are "too good" and then stabbing them as they enjoy their fall? A person can talk by me and think that they are the better then or less then, their thoughts are for themelves, it's their institution, not mine, I don't own their thoughts of themselves, nor do I feel the right to manage it for them.

If we actually had love in our hearts, we wouldn't be trying to control people and having a time when they "fall". Maybe that celeb doesn't like females or dark females or apples or oranges or peaches or those who can't tan or gays or those who can tan or those who are grey or those who aren't, i don't give a darn what they like or dislike as long as they aren't troubling my job, welfare, income, banking, property, my right to speech or my civil rights, if they leave me alone, what do i care what they claim they like or dislike?

There are all sorts of philosophies out there, but the state of our culture, esp over the past 20-30 years has been in the joy of seeing negativity in others, esp. celebs (and that includes popular philosopher like Ayn Rand, again, even if I disagree with her work).

inimalist
I only read The Fountainhead, and I hated it.

that's very sad sad I have just gotten into the audio version

Howard Roark is becoming a character I am loving much like Holden Caulfield

Imperial_Samura
I just think that hearing any celeb FALL or disgrace themselves isn't for my amusement at all, it's troubling, and it's not cute.

Who said they are falling for your amusement?

Yes... what does that have to do with you?

You really aren't making sense - how exactly are we control people, what proof do you have most of us "have a time" when they fall?

Well considering Ayn Rand died almost 30 years ago she must have been at the very beginning of your "negative state of culture" - and what do you mean "seeing negativity in others"?

Czarina_Czarina
Originally posted by inimalist
that's very sad sad I have just gotten into the audio version

Howard Roark is becoming a character I am loving much like Holden Caulfield

I learned that we don't have true freedom of speech. I will not comment about Roark or anyone, as this stuff tends to carry in ways that is really unnecessary. I was raised by parents who told all of us girls and boys that we had a right to speak our minds, to be opinioned and to argue (effectively). They made a huge mistake.

Sorry, I won't put myself out there anymore, just to find out someone wants to tear me down for my "thoughts".

Have the debate with someone who doesn't mind the lack of freedom and will end up on the attack later on, as the folks sneak and look at past posts to see how they can exercise their jealousy and envy, maybe b/c they would be upset b/c they never heard of Hoark, or A.R. or they maybe jealous of the person's ability to argue or express themselves or THINK, or the fact that the person enjoys reading, who knows why a person would get in the mood to go on the attack, and guess what, the internet isn't private, yeah, that's news. So, they can do all sorts of things to a person. IT's not private and there is no such thing as freedom in speech, not yet.

Sorry I can't debate with you about this topic, maybe someone else can be so bold.

And again, these folks can find out your bank account and make fraudulant charges to the red/negative, they can find out where you work, destroy your job or career, take pictures of you outside your house and display it in public, find out who you like and heckle that person, etc., etc., etc. Free-dom....of ....from....??

I'll let someone else be so bold as to speak their mind in this country. Free-dom, free dom, free.

Imperial_Samura
Oh lord.

Czarina_Czarina
Oh lord.

exactly. exactly.

Imperial_Samura
exactly. exactly.

He was just expressing his opinion on the character, just as you have the right to express your opinion of the character.

inimalist
I learned that we don't have true freedom of speech. I will not comment about Roark or anyone, as this stuff tends to carry in ways that is really unnecessary. I was raised by parents who told all of us girls and boys that we had a right to speak our minds, to be opinioned and to argue (effectively). They made a huge mistake.

Sorry, I won't put myself out there anymore, just to find out someone wants to tear me down for my "thoughts".

Have the debate with someone who doesn't mind the lack of freedom and will end up on the attack later on, as the folks sneak and look at past posts to see how they can exercise their jealousy and envy, maybe b/c they would be upset b/c they never heard of Hoark, or A.R. or they maybe jealous of the person's ability to argue or express themselves or THINK, or the fact that the person enjoys reading, who knows why a person would get in the mood to go on the attack, and guess what, the internet isn't private, yeah, that's news. So, they can do all sorts of things to a person. IT's not private and there is no such thing as freedom in speech, not yet.

Sorry I can't debate with you about this topic, maybe someone else can be so bold.

And again, these folks can find out your bank account and make fraudulant charges to the red/negative, they can find out where you work, destroy your job or career, take pictures of you outside your house and display it in public, find out who you like and heckle that person, etc., etc., etc. Free-dom....of ....from....??

I'll let someone else be so bold as to speak their mind in this country. Free-dom, free dom, free.

wow, that was me being nice and trying to find some common ground of communication...

Czarina_Czarina
Originally posted by inimalist
wow, that was me being nice and trying to find some common ground of communication...

People don't have a right to speak in this country. And I know what happened to my bank account (someone made online fruadulant charged, reducing my account to negative, yup, it was that much, taking 10+ days to get any monies back), and I know what's been going on in my own life.

NO. I offer no opinion.

7 people died in DC in 4 days.

http://video.nbc4.com/player/?id=147741#videoid=147582 "A week like this week is disappointing".

There is NO freedom of speech, it's been taken away by reducing a person's bank account, reducing their ability to work, having their picture spread all over DC/MD/VA. People trying to hit my car. Lost of job/income. i suffered a lot for talking online, and I warn others not to.

You can speak if you want to, but use my life as an example, and I was a gov't employee and I am an Electrial Engineer, do NOT speak your mind here if you value your life, income, love life, privacy, bank account, ok? Matter of fact, try not to use your "freedom" to speak at all. b/c it's not for free. someone may make you pay.

We do not have freedom of speech YET.

Don't let people lure you into speaking your opinion on race, religion, or your ambitions in life, nothing, do NOT talk about yourself or your opinions, people who are not so nice will try to hurt your life and will be happy to see you reduced. Ok? Only among trusted friends/family, do not talk to these folks online, read what they say but not even offer any web site or even at work, DO not speak your mind. Even if the titles sound alluring, do not fall for it. DO NOT, PLEASE, out of the goodness of my heart, I don't want to see another person go thru the terror I've experienced, not even financially or socially or in your career or love life. Online, they can track your IP address, bank info, your job, where you live, etc. Gives someone a lot of power if they want to mess with you, esp. if they have friends in certain areas. Do not speak your mind, politically, socially about any race, do not speak your mind about anything, gay, women, black, white, cheese, butter, do not speak your mind, we do not have the freedom to speak yet.

Imperial_Samura
People don't have a right to speak in this country. And I know what happened to my bank account (someone made online fruadulant charged, reducing my account to negative, yup, it was that much, taking 10+ days to get any monies back), and I know what's been going on in my own life.

What does freedom of speech, the opinion one has about a character in a book and fraud have to do with one another????

Ok, Time out. I am more lost then... well, ever. Unless you were giving your bank details out to people on forums you were talking on then I fail to see any connection. Technically identity theft, fraud and things like that happen all the time to people who don't talk online. I'm not sure how exactly you are connecting it all to "saying the wrong thing about something online".

And technically for someone who says they don't offer their opinion on line there are many threads with your forum name and opinions within about.

Ummm...

We seem to have crossed the line into... The Conspiracy Zone.

I personally have been speaking my mind for some time on the internet, and maybe my security is just better, but I am yet to encounter the online Mafia.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>