Did Adam love Eve? (And other way around)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Extecute
Did they love eachother?

debbiejo
I don't believe scripture says that. I may be wrong though, just that she was a companion and help mate.

C. C. Cowgirl
In a psychological sense they would not love eachother smile

Trough religious sense I guess they were madly in love by Gods command big grin

debbiejo
But then there was Lillith............The more beautiful and perfect.

Punkyhermy
read paradise lost by john milton.

They lost paradise because of their love. erm

debbiejo
But that's Milton. Not an authority.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Darth Extecute
Did they love eachother?

I don't know. Adam and Eve were fictional, so who knows?

Imperial_Samura
Of course they did...

They... were.... quite literally made for one another.

Hehehehehe. Sorry, couldn't help myself.

But probably not, since lets face it if God made them already loving one another then that would break the much touted "but freeeeee willlll" rule. And they didn't really have much in the way of choice, what, being forced to live alone with each other by God. Wouldn't make a loving romance for me. I'd probably be heard saying:

"Awww, gee, thankyou God, but really... I'd prefer to find someone myself. Not that making someone out of my rib isn't grand, it just seems a bit to much like an arranged thing, if you know what I mean?"

Maybe Milton was inspired by God. If it works for the Bible I want it to work for Paradise Lost.

DigiMark007
Originally posted by Imperial_Samura
Maybe Milton was inspired by God. If it works for the Bible I want it to work for Paradise Lost.

Haha...yeah, at least it's consistent with itself.

Anyway, Adam and Eve were metaphors. Applying feelings to them millenia after the story was first written is a fruitless endeavor.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.