thunderstorms suck...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Lana
So if anyone wants to see what I've ben dealing with, go look up the recent weather in Chicago...

Yesterday a really bad storm knocked out the power at my house. It might not be back on until Sunday. Our basement flooded and my room is full of water ankle deep. A lot of my stuff is ruined, including possibly my computer.

I'm right now posting with my DS from a hotel.

I'm really pissed. This sucks...cry

Guilty Gear
Originally posted by Lana
So if anyone wants to see what I've ben dealing with, go look up the recent weather in Chicago...

Yesterday a really bad storm knocked out the power at my house. It might not be back on until Sunday. Our basement flooded and my room is full of water ankle deep. A lot of my stuff is ruined, including possibly my computer.

I'm really pissed. This sucks...cry Aww hug You can live with me.

BlaxicanHydra

DS's can post online?

Vinny Valentine
OMG Lana! I'm so sorry sad

That's hell! I hope you don't have to many ruined things... I'm so sorry to hear that! Hope for the best.

Thunderstorms scare the shit out of me, and floods are horrible...

Be strong and as I said, hope for the best.

Phat_Crabs
I so lucky i neva had to deal wit no thunda storm. I kick a thunda storms ass if I have to , word.

Grinning Goku
Prostitutes do, too. They also bark like a seal if you pay extra and ask 'em nice.

Guilty Gear
Originally posted by BlaxicanHydra

DS's can post online? I heard you can browse the internet with them.
Originally posted by Phat_Crabs
I so lucky i neva had to deal wit no thunda storm. I kick a thunda storms ass if I have to , word. LOL

Lana
Originally posted by BlaxicanHydra

DS's can post online?

If you buy the web browser you can...which I am very glad I did.

Not looking forward to clearing up the damage though...I'm going to try and save my comp if possible. Don't want to lose all my art...

Guilty Gear
If you buy the web browser you can...which I am very glad I did.

Not looking forward to clearing up the damage though...I'm going to try and save my comp if possible. Don't want to lose all my art... Your art is nice. smile

DARKLORDCAEDUS

Sorry to hear Lana, everything will be fine. I don't like thunderstorms either.

Piggle Humsy
Thunderstorms are sexy..
until they do damage erm

Sorry to hear of your troubles Lana.
Hope everything works out hug

Lana
Back home, the power's finally back on...now I just have the fun task of figuring out what of my stuff can be saved and what's gone for good.

FoxMeister
Originally posted by Frankie Boyle
In storms i like to bang my girlfriend and pretend its the conseption of the anti-christ

InnerRise
I LOVE Thunderstorms.

Especially that dusk like look in between day and night right before it hits.

happy

anata wa wakarimasu ka.....

DarkC

Oh my God Lana, I am so sorry. sad I feel your pain, it's happened before in one of our houses.

The one enemy no one can ever defeat is nature......sucks, huh?

FoxMeister
Yeah England got hit pretty bad too.... people died srry

Lana
We're still under a flood warning...just thankfully it's not supposed to rain or anything for a few more days. Which is good. We need a break from that crap ermm Floods and tornadoes and all that...yeah.

http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story?section=local&id=5599980

Something like a third of a million people lost power around Chicago because of that storm.

Vathu
Virginia is stormless.

We rool.

miss_swann

I'm really pissed. This sucks...cry woa all that from a thunder storm? WOW!!!!! I've never heard of one that bad! We only get mild ones in the UK.

FoxMeister
Originally posted by miss_swann
woa all that from a thunder storm? WOW!!!!! I've never heard of one that bad! We only get mild ones in the UK.
Didnt you hear about Twickenham??? people died there. Water higher than my stepdads car

miss_swann
That was more than one storm thought, that was several.

FoxMeister
It was overnight rain... 2 months worth of rainfall hit us in one night

Itzak

crazy shit, that sucks.

I don't have a basement so I never have to deal with that. And frankly I don't even want to imagine it. ermm

Lana
Originally posted by FoxMeister
Didnt you hear about Twickenham??? people died there. Water higher than my stepdads car

People died here too...and it was just a single storm that caused all this. We got a half a foot of rain in under a half hour.

Bad storms are normal for around here, especially in the summer, but this is the worst one we've had in years.

miss_swann
Was the one in Twickenham actaully thunder?

Lana
Was the one in Twickenham actaully thunder?

I'm back at home, our power was restored late last night finally.

I just really don't want to go downstairs and look at my room sad

miss_swann

I just really don't want to go downstairs and look at my room sad hughughughughug I know what you mean your room is... YOUR ROOM it's special.

Punkyhermy
i love thunder storms.eek!

DarkC

I just really don't want to go downstairs and look at my room sad
I know how you feel, if my room was ruined I'd probably cry.

Yes, I'm a wimp, so sue me.

miss_swann
I'd cry to!hug

Lana
hughughughughug I know what you mean your room is... YOUR ROOM it's special.

Originally posted by DarkC
I know how you feel, if my room was ruined I'd probably cry.

Yes, I'm a wimp, so sue me.

Seriously, I went downstairs yesterday morning to see how bad it was and to get some clothes and my purse and my fish and anything else of value I could (laptop, iPod, DS, etc) and unhook my PC and stuff...and I just looked at everything and started crying cry

miss_swann
Seriously, I went downstairs yesterday morning to see how bad it was and to get some clothes and my purse and my fish and anything else of value I could (laptop, iPod, DS, etc) and unhook my PC and stuff...and I just looked at everything and started crying cry sorry i don't mean to be insensitive but why were there fish in your room?

EDIT: are they pets?
EDIT: because if they are I get it.

Vathu
Originally posted by FoxMeister

Don't they have cars that can go on water in the UK?

Could have sworn there was one when I was in 6th grade.

miss_swann
Originally posted by Vathu
Don't they have cars that can go on water in the UK?

Could have sworn there was one when I was in 6th grade. erm... no... I don't think... confused confused confused

Lana
sorry i don't mean to be insensitive but why were there fish in your room?

EDIT: are they pets?
EDIT: because if they are I get it.

I have a pet fish and the tank was on my desk. I brought it upstairs. My siblings are happy with that, at least...ermm

DarkC
Seriously, I went downstairs yesterday morning to see how bad it was and to get some clothes and my purse and my fish and anything else of value I could (laptop, iPod, DS, etc) and unhook my PC and stuff...and I just looked at everything and started crying cry
It's like a room is 'painted' with your personality, to see it so is like watching a very good friend get beaten severely and not being able to do anything about it. erm

Vathu
erm... no... I don't think... confused confused confused

I remember doing sentences and there was some crazy British guy with a car on water.

It was like, a project.

Or something.

About 3-4 years back.

miss_swann
I remember doing sentences and there was some crazy British guy with a car on water.

It was like, a project.

Or something.

About 3-4 years back. Was it called a boat? or a submarine?

I have a pet fish and the tank was on my desk. I brought it upstairs. My siblings are happy with that, at least...ermm Sorry, I just thought of like sea fish and I was like why are they in your room and then I remembered some people have pet fish.

InnerRise
Virginia is stormless.

We rool. Do you watch the news?

Just a week or 2 ago we were having these random thunderstorms back to back each day.

And just the other day this week we had a rather nasty one that caught me while I was on the road which is always the worse.

You can't see the lines on the road or anything.

Anata wa wakarimasu ka.....

miss_swann
Think about people that live in places like Cairns, they have to deal with storms like that everyday.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.