Good person or a Bad employee?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Rogue Jedi
At my hotel, we serve a free breakfast every morning. It is limited to our guests, of course. Well, the last few mornings I have noticed a homeless guy coming in and helping himself. I confronted him just now and asked if he was a guest, and he was honest, saying no, that this was the one meal he got all day, and that if I wanted he would even work it off, like mop the lobby or something.

I felt sorry for him, so I told him that as long as I am here, on the days I am working, he is welcome to it. Thing is, my boss told me if I ever see a homeless person raiding the breakfast bar to run them out.

Am I a good samaratin, or am I a bad employee?

Piggle Humsy
Good person petpet

Rogue Jedi
aw, Piggle, I wuv you!!! yes as a dear friend, of course.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
At my hotel, we serve a free breakfast every morning. It is limited to our guests, of course. Well, the last few mornings I have noticed a homeless guy coming in and helping himself. I confronted him just now and asked if he was a guest, and he was honest, saying no, that this was the one meal he got all day, and that if I wanted he would even work it off, like mop the lobby or something.

I felt sorry for him, so I told him that as long as I am here, on the days I am working, he is welcome to it. Thing is, my boss told me if I ever see a homeless person raiding the breakfast bar to run them out.

Both I suppose.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Bardock42
Both I suppose. thats definitely a Bardock answer.

Kram3r
thats definitely a Bardock answer.

Well, to be honest, he's right. However, that doesn't cancel out being a good person though, does it?

Piggle Humsy
aw, Piggle, I wuv you!!! yes as a dear friend, of course.

happy kisses

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Kram3r
Well, to be honest, he's right. However, that doesn't cancel out being a good person though, does it? I stand corrected. I am not about to turn down a guy whose stomach was growling.

kodak
i am a Bad Person And a Good Employee

§P0oONY
Both, I have little time for the homeless so I would have just kicked him out.

Rogue Jedi
well, I have a weakness for people in need. except for those sign holders holding up traffic. I hate them.

§P0oONY
Pay the busker, never the beggar is my philosophy.

Rogue Jedi
well, when he is right there in your face, stomach grumblong, looking haggard as hell, its hard to tell him to bugger off.

§P0oONY
well, when he is right there in your face, stomach grumblong, looking haggard as hell, its hard to tell him to bugger off. I imagine it is, but you shouldn't put your arse on the line for some guy pulling emotional blackmail... But that's my opinion anyway... I don't blame you for doing it or anything.

DarkC
You are both RJ.

Rogue Jedi
fugg 'em...fugg 'em all...he aint gonna fire me, I am too valuable a commodity.

miss_swann

Am I a good samaratin, or am I a bad employee? you're a good person and your boss is a good empolyer chosing some like you but he is a bad employer by leaving you in sticky spots.

DARKLORDCAEDUS

A good person. Just don't get caught.

Röland
A good person.

miss_swann
does being a bad employee make you a bad person?

Lana
Originally posted by miss_swann
does being a bad employee make you a bad person?

Not always.

Morning_Glory

Am I a good samaratin, or am I a bad employee? good person... just dont get caught flowers

JLred
you're a good Samaritan...

InnerRise

Am I a good samaratin, or am I a bad employee? Well you are both obviously.

Soon you may be a jobless good person. happy

anata wa wakarimasu ka.....

Grinning Goku
Originally posted by Piggle Humsy
Good person petpet

Leo.M
I would have let him eat, but only if he helped put stuff away. ermm

Scythe
If you get fired, you'll most likely blame the hobo RJ. Either way, it's alright to help out, but again, if you're fired, I doubtthat hobo would care. Let alone do anything to help you. Life hardens everyone into an as*hole at one point or another.

Strangelove

Am I a good samaratin, or am I a bad employee? Technically, both.

dadudemon

Like the other guy said, pay the busker not the beggar.

Anyway, you have got to understand that if he is eating the food there, he is not begging for money, FOR food, and then spending that money on drugs or booze.

BUT!!!! and a very big "but"...he should work for the food he gets. He is obviously mentally competent enough to steal the food and know exactly what he is doing therefore he should wipe the tables down after the breakfast run.

SpadeKing

both?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.