Satsui no Hadou vs. Devil Gene

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nikkolas
The Surge of Murderous Intent or the destructive "Devil blood"?

POWER
The way I understand it, the Satsui no Hadou is just complete drive with lack of restraint. It does not offer any more power than you yourself already have. Anyone could do it if they had the desire.

The Devil Gene however, is a family-specific trait to the Mishimas. Except for Heihachi of course. It seems to me to be activated by the need for power. As in Kazuya climbing up the cliff and Jin needing to escape from Heihachi. However, calling it unnatural might be unfair. It's part of Kazuya and Jin afterall. But however, it's not obligatory to use it. But Kazuya mad ea conscious decision to use it and Jin's was more instinctual.

EVIL
But as for which is more evil, those with the Devil power seem compelled to destroy. Angel kept Kazuya as just a brutal importer of animals and a tyrannical head of the Zaibatsu but as of T4, he seems to be completely consumed by it. As according to his T4 Prologue, he wants to master it and has probably cast aside all good in this obsession.

Jinpachi has his natural good side corrupted and overpowered by the Devil's desire to erase all life. Devil Jin seems to want to absorb Jinpachi's power and nothing else. There's no real glimpse of what he intends to DO with the power but I guess the ending would give a hint that too wants to destroy everything. However, Jin tapped into his Devil power passively a few times, just growing wings and not really being corrupted.

The Satsui no Hadou on the other hand is just the desire to make one a better fighter and win. Sure Ryu wanted to win and nearly killed Sagat but he wouldn't go around destroying everyone else too. Akuma, the firm master of this power, does not kill and can even hold himself back. He has no longing for pointless destruction, only to get stronger.

I'd say the Devil wins hands down here.

Which would win in a fight?

It depends on the user. As I said, the Dark Hadou can be used by nearly anyone. The strong and the weak. There is no really weak Mishima so they're just adding demonic power to their own immense ability.
But of those who have canonically used it, Akuma and Ryu, it would seem to be lower than the Devil Gene. The fact also that the Devil Gene alters your body to give you new powers is a further plus over the Murderous Intent. You have to master techniques still and arent' just handed nifty laser beams.

In conclusion, i view the Devil Gene as a powerup with far more evil and more power than the Satsui no Hadou. But as I stated, it really does depend on the user.

shin_gear
devil gene is nothing

satsui no hadou cna destroy the universe!!!!

Nikkolas
Now you're just being an ass.

Violent2Dope
Originally posted by Nikkolas
The Surge of Murderous Intent or the destructive "Devil blood"?

POWER
The way I understand it, the Satsui no Hadou is just complete drive with lack of restraint. It does not offer any more power than you yourself already have. Anyone could do it if they had the desire.

The Devil Gene however, is a family-specific trait to the Mishimas. Except for Heihachi of course. It seems to me to be activated by the need for power. As in Kazuya climbing up the cliff and Jin needing to escape from Heihachi. However, calling it unnatural might be unfair. It's part of Kazuya and Jin afterall. But however, it's not obligatory to use it. But Kazuya mad ea conscious decision to use it and Jin's was more instinctual.

EVIL
But as for which is more evil, those with the Devil power seem compelled to destroy. Angel kept Kazuya as just a brutal importer of animals and a tyrannical head of the Zaibatsu but as of T4, he seems to be completely consumed by it. As according to his T4 Prologue, he wants to master it and has probably cast aside all good in this obsession.

Jinpachi has his natural good side corrupted and overpowered by the Devil's desire to erase all life. Devil Jin seems to want to absorb Jinpachi's power and nothing else. There's no real glimpse of what he intends to DO with the power but I guess the ending would give a hint that too wants to destroy everything. However, Jin tapped into his Devil power passively a few times, just growing wings and not really being corrupted.

The Satsui no Hadou on the other hand is just the desire to make one a better fighter and win. Sure Ryu wanted to win and nearly killed Sagat but he wouldn't go around destroying everyone else too. Akuma, the firm master of this power, does not kill and can even hold himself back. He has no longing for pointless destruction, only to get stronger.

I'd say the Devil wins hands down here.

Which would win in a fight?

It depends on the user. As I said, the Dark Hadou can be used by nearly anyone. The strong and the weak. There is no really weak Mishima so they're just adding demonic power to their own immense ability.
But of those who have canonically used it, Akuma and Ryu, it would seem to be lower than the Devil Gene. The fact also that the Devil Gene alters your body to give you new powers is a further plus over the Murderous Intent. You have to master techniques still and arent' just handed nifty laser beams.

In conclusion, i view the Devil Gene as a powerup with far more evil and more power than the Satsui no Hadou. But as I stated, it really does depend on the user. Power: DG gives regeneration, wings, durability, special powers and enhanced strength, but Satsui no Hadou increase your Ki exponentially, which can be used to give the fighter immense speed and strength, and also means they won't tire as fast, and also paves the way for the strongest move in the SF universe, the SGS. I say about a tie.

Evilness: Satsui no Hadou really only means you would kill anyone to win a battle, whereas Devil can actually corrupt he user to evil.

Who would win: Pends on user, Shin Gouki has such a mastery over Satsui no Hadou, and is more powerful than any Devil IMO, so maybe him.

shin_gear
do not call me an ass nikk

even tho you like street fighter youre known as an ass by everyone here

EVERYONE!!!!!

Superboy Prime
The Satsui no Hadou increases Ki exponentially? What are you basing this on? It does not increase any ki. The basic concept of it is just the will to kill. It is not like Ryu got a massive power up when he Dark-Shoryu/whatever'd the crap out of Sagat. He just used the move as it was meant to be...to kill. And even then it still failed to kill Sagat.

Growing Ki exponentially....WTF?

Violent2Dope
Originally posted by Superboy Prime
The Satsui no Hadou increases Ki exponentially? What are you basing this on? It does not increase any ki. The basic concept of it is just the will to kill. It is not like Ryu got a massive power up when he Dark-Shoryu/whatever'd the crap out of Sagat. He just used the move as it was meant to be...to kill. And even then it still failed to kill Sagat.

Growing Ki exponentially....WTF? Based on the fact that E Ryu gets stronger and a more pronounced aura, same with Shin Gouki.

Superboy Prime
Awfully vague because Ryu also becomes weaker under the Satsui No Hadou influence.

Ki increasing exponentially + becoming weaker stamina wise does not compute at all.

All they get is the will to kill. Their chi/ki has nothing to do with it. You almost made it sound DBZ like. It is their technique that gets the upgrade of becoming killing moves.

brainchild81
How come 'Pachi aint got no wings!?

Superboy Prime
So Jinpachi can't fly to safety when Namco flushed him down the toilet at the end of Tekken 5 313

TricksterPriest
Actually, Satsui no hadou does make fighters stronger. All of Ryu's moves were taught to him by Gouken, who modified them to make them non-lethal, but in the process also weakened them.

So yes, Ryu was much stronger when he tapped the Satsui no Hadou to do the Metsu Shoryuken. wink Shotokan techniques dramatically increase in power when they are used with satsui no hadou.

Superboy Prime
Thanks for backing me up. It is obvious their techniques become lethal and thus they become lethal fighters.

However there is little prove it actually increases Chi/Ki.

Violent2Dope
Awfully vague because Ryu also becomes weaker under the Satsui No Hadou influence.

Ki increasing exponentially + becoming weaker stamina wise does not compute at all.

All they get is the will to kill. Their chi/ki has nothing to do with it. You almost made it sound DBZ like. It is their technique that gets the upgrade of becoming killing moves. You do realize the low stamina thing is a gameplay mechanic, right?

Nikkolas
The Devil Gene doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

Originally, Kazuya merely made a deal with the Devil for power. This was retconned into there actually being an entity known as Devil, not THE Devil, in all the Mishimas minus Heihachi.

If it was spiritual demon thing, Kazuya in T4 would make more sense: once he died, the entity left him and tried to possess his son. This is in fact, what happened. Thus the Devil was split in half.

HOWEVER, if it's a "Gene" it's a genetic trademark and part of his very being. The idea a "Gene" can split in half and try to possess another person is just too weird to me.

And they better explain at some point WHY Jinpachi's Devil "Gene" activated when it did. WHY Heihachi lacks the "Gene".

Violent2Dope
The Devil Gene doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

Originally, Kazuya merely made a deal with the Devil for power. This was retconned into there actually being an entity known as Devil, not THE Devil, in all the Mishimas minus Heihachi.

If it was spiritual demon thing, Kazuya in T4 would make more sense: once he died, the entity left him and tried to possess his son. This is in fact, what happened. Thus the Devil was split in half.

HOWEVER, if it's a "Gene" it's a genetic trademark and part of his very being. The idea a "Gene" can split in half and try to possess another person is just too weird to me.

And they better explain at some point WHY Jinpachi's Devil "Gene" activated when it did. WHY Heihachi lacks the "Gene". It's called plotholes, that's really all Devil Gene is.

Nikkolas
Indeed.

Which is the coolest Devil, ya reckon? Jinpachi, Jin or Kazuya?

Violent2Dope
Well, Jin is gay, Kaz is a pussy in human form, and JP gets more hype then he deserves, so I guess the default winner is Heihachi.big grin

Nikkolas
It's true Heihachi > all his family members in Awesomeness.

But Jin is NOT gay. He is pretty damn cool. He makes his first appearance in a game by no-selling bullets, beating the God of Fightning and I always kicked everyone's ass with Jin.

Now...Tekken 4 Jin. You can call him gay. AFTER ALL MY TIME mastering Jin's combos and moves, he goes and uses some pussy karate. His outfit is really lame too.

Violent2Dope
Jin is a f@ggot.

Nikkolas
He'd kick Ganon's ass.

Sado22
Jin is badass
Kazuya is more badass
Hachi just wears thongs on his oldass

shin_gear
jin would get PWNED by ryu

Sado22
Shin-queer has gone insane. too many B rated homoerotic movies tends to do that to you i guess laughing

shin_gear
ok that was random and read my pm foo

Nikkolas
Unlike Kazuya, Heihachi doesn't need the Purple Power to beat people. And he also doesn't need a lame-ass Plot Device to bring him back.

And Heihachi wears a traditional sumo outfit. You don't like Japanese culture, don't play a Japanese game.

Violent2Dope
He'd kick Ganon's ass. Care to prove that? You can't, Ganon wipes his ass with Jin.

Nikkolas
Even if I could prove it, you wouldn't accept it.

Violent2Dope
You CAN'T prove it, Ganon is essentially a living God.

Nikkolas
So was Ogre. smile

shin_gear
ganon has absolutely nothing to do with this thread. f*** him.

anyway satsui no hadou is more powerful than the devil gene

Violent2Dope
So was Ogre. smile No, Ogre was only referred to as a God, whereas Ganon has the powers of a God(Triforce of Power, anyone?).

Lazy MFer
SGS...

Nikkolas
Will do...what?

You have to hit your opponent ya know.

Last Fre3lancer
Unless some crappy glitch happenes.

Lazy MFer
SGS is not slow, it's only slow in game. In real battle it is done just as fast as normal special moves are done, check out SF Alpha Generations (movie sucked by the way)

shin_gear
SGS isn't proven to be able to kill every known video game character as far as I'm concerned. confused

And regardless of whether or not it's fast, it can still be halted with a simple devil beam. confused

Violent2Dope
Cool sig dude lol, anyway I still think they are about equal.

Last Fre3lancer
Or a simple dodge.

Violent2Dope
SGS is only slow in gameplay, it's not like Gouki is slow dude.erm.

Nikkolas
I agree with V2D but again, the Murderous Intent is just one's own power. Dan could do it...it won't make Dan equal to Akuma or whatever.

So while the Devil Gene offers a powerup, the Satsui no Hadou just grants you morre access to your own power at the cost of your humanity almost.

So...it really does depend on the user to compare the two.

Lazy MFer
Originally posted by shin_gear
SGS isn't proven to be able to kill every known video game character as far as I'm concerned. confusedIf you have sinned it will effect you, plain and simple.

And regardless of whether or not it's fast, it can still be halted with a simple devil beam. confused
Or a simple dodge.The same can go for every other move any body uses, not just the SGS.

Violent2Dope
Seriously, cool Sig(even tho I hate the character). Also, am I the only one that thinks that accessing the Satsui no Hadou increases your Ki?

Last Fre3lancer
That sig is cool, but it freakin scares the shit outta me. The Satsui No Hado may have some extent to do it, but otherwise, it needs to be fully proven.

Lazy MFer
Originally posted by Violent2Dope
Seriously, cool Sig(even tho I hate the character). Also, am I the only one that thinks that accessing the Satsui no Hadou increases your Ki? Why thank you! Your sigs pretty nice too. (Pyron is one of may favs.)

Satsui No Hadou is only using the Anstastuken the way it was meant to be.

Example: Normal Hadouken is really only a painful attack, but not lethal

When giving in to the Satsui No Hadou it can become a body vaporising attack.

It just gives the Anstastuken that instant killing touch.

Violent2Dope
Originally posted by Lazy MFer
Why thank you! Your sigs pretty nice too. (Pyron is one of may favs.)

Satsui No Hadou is only using the Anstastuken the way it was meant to be.

Example: Normal Hadouken is really only a painful attack, but not lethal

When giving in to the Satsui No Hadou it can become a body vaporising attack.

It just gives the Anstastuken that instant killing touch. Thanks, Pyron is my fave DS character. Than what's with the more pronounced aura?

Lazy MFer
Thanks, Pyron is my fave DS character. Than what's with the more pronounced aura? Pryon and Talbain are my favorite DSers.

Anyway, the auras are greater because they have summoned all their power or at least enough to kill.

The Satsui No Hadou is just the Ansatsuken fighters using their power to kill or win at all cost.

And all this talk like the damn Satsui No Hadou can be learned by any body is ridiculous. ONLY Ryu, Akuma, Gouken, and Gotetsu can use the power. No one else can use it, not even if you told them how.

ThoraxeRMG
The Devil Gene would or could enslave one's mind, Satsu no hadou would only seal off your emotions.

Violent2Dope
Originally posted by Lazy MFer
Pryon and Talbain are my favorite DSers.

Anyway, the auras are greater because they have summoned all their power or at least enough to kill.

The Satsui No Hadou is just the Ansatsuken fighters using their power to kill or win at all cost.

And all this talk like the damn Satsui No Hadou can be learned by any body is ridiculous. ONLY Ryu, Akuma, Gouken, and Gotetsu can use the power. No one else can use it, not even if you told them how. Oh, I guess that makes sense.

Nikkolas
But still, the Dark Hadou requires no real massive amount of power to perform. you need to know the Ansatsuken style and are fully consumed by the desire to win, you can do it.

You will more than likely be some deranged berserker, unlike Akuma who has mastered it. But you can use it.

ThoraxeRMG
But still, the Dark Hadou requires no real massive amount of power to perform.

You need a powerful mind or you'll go insane temporarily.

you need to know the Ansatsuken style and are fully consumed by the desire to win, you can do it.

No, you must be so consumed with the desire to win that they are willing to kill. As a result, only people who push themselves to be the best at all costs can take advantage of it.

Nikkolas
Exactly. I've made this point a few times. Anyone can use it but Not anyone can master it.

Anyone can be willing to kill. Anyone can strive to be the best.

Superboy Prime
You do realize the low stamina thing is a gameplay mechanic, right?

Yeah I realize that.

However your point of Satsui-no-Hadou growing Ki exponentially is not properly backed, so don't blame me for not buying it.

They become more dangerous fighters because their moves become lethal. That is it.

Only through harsh training and experience do they get to kick tankers etc...and only Gouki has accomplished these feats with techniques.

About the Shungokusatsu and it working on everyone...that is highly debatable. And depends on the character he is fighting. If a character is more than capable of taking and dishing godly damage I would say it would not affect them. For an example I could say Id would rip those demons a new one if Gouki tried it on him. And Id has done very nefasterous things.

Violent2Dope
Yeah I realize that.

However your point of Satsui-no-Hadou growing Ki exponentially is not properly backed, so don't blame me for not buying it.

They become more dangerous fighters because their moves become lethal. That is it.

Only through harsh training and experience do they get to kick tankers etc...and only Gouki has accomplished these feats with techniques. Lazy MFer explained the reason for the pronounced aura. I'm over it.

Superboy Prime
I made an edit. dur

Nikkolas
--I ALSO MADE AN EDIT--

Last Fre3lancer
I don't like this Edit trend.

Superboy Prime
I believe Id is vastly faster than Gouki.

I remember when you fought him in Xenogears sometimes he even took 3 turns in a row before your party. Some of his moves are nasty too...like that one Blackhole move of his, but I ain't gonna make the claim he can create blackholes out of a gameplay move.

However they made it very clear that Id is very fast when you fight him.

Gouki will have to give it his all IMO. Id will be laughing while he fights...it is just in his character.

Nikkolas
Yeah I see your point.

But we need more speed feats for Akuma. I don't think he's slow....just we haven't seen enough of his speed.

Superboy Prime
Agreed.

We will probably never get them though.

It has just become a cliche for him to develop a new technique as he destroys bigger objects in every game's ending.

Nikkolas
Perfect answer to this.

Akuma is surrounded by 4 men with machineguns. After effortlessly avoiding every bullet from all four guns, he merely waves his hand and the resulting air from this gesutre decapitates all of the guys.

Superboy Prime
Note to self "Don't be a ****ing nobody. "

Nobodies job to every single character in existence.

It sucks.

Fight the system....Screw Andrew Ryan....Rebel!

Last Fre3lancer
Who's Andew Ryan?

Superboy Prime
The main-antagonist of Bioshock.

One of the reasons I have been away....work...college...hangin' out and...harvesting little sisters....

Life is grand.

Violent2Dope
Yeah I see your point.

But we need more speed feats for Akuma. I don't think he's slow....just we haven't seen enough of his speed. All we know is that in Alpha, he is faster than Ryu who dodges bullets and has only gotten faster.

Last Fre3lancer
The main-antagonist of Bioshock.

One of the reasons I have been away....work...college...hangin' out and...harvesting little sisters....

Life is grand.

You need to go to rehab, those stem cells will backfire. But then you'll say 'No, no, no'

shin_gear
Satsui no Hadou and Devil Gene are very similar in terms of power, and intent.

Nikkolas
Except the intent of most Devils seems to be indiscriminate destruction. The Satsui no Hadou is just the will to kill to win a fight.

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by Last Fre3lancer
You need to go to rehab, those stem cells will backfire. But then you'll say 'No, no, no'

Amy Winehouse ftw. big grin

And that part about the Satsui no Hadou isn't true. Since I believe Gen knows it.

Violent2Dope
Well, thing is, like Lazy said, when combined with Anatsuken, Satsui no Hadou kinda meshes with it to make the style work the way it was meant to, to kill, which also makes their attacks more powerful and stuff.Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Since I believe Gen knows it. No.

Last Fre3lancer
You tryna make me go to rehab I won't go, go, go.

I kile you just the way you are.

Who else?
Actaully for all those who don't know. . . after the SGS your soul is sent to hell, THEN you are attacked by demons, even if you over comethem, your soul will still be in hell. Gouki can kill whom ever he wants in this fight with the SGS. And so will Evil Ryu. The SNH gang take it.

Last Fre3lancer
If thet were me, I'd be like Kratos and fight my way out of Hell.

Who else?

Last Fre3lancer
I'll sitll crawl out of hell. I'm the God of Fury. I can kill Akuma by looking at him.

Shin_Nikkolas
Originally posted by Who else?
THE REAL MEANING OF SATUI NO HADOU. . .

I read all that already. it's where I made my conclusions from.

Last Fre3lancer
Akuma can throw me to Hell as many times he wants, I'll still crawl out.

Violent2Dope
Coolio about Satsui no Hadou.

shin_gear
SGS isn't proven to be able to kill every known video game character as far as I'm concerned. confused

And regardless of whether or not it's fast, it can still be halted with a simple devil beam. confused First point; example, KOS-MOS and Voyager. confused

Second point stands. Anyone performing the SGS on a devil will just have a gaping hole in their foreheads. confused

Shin_Nikkolas
Well, it depends.

A. KOS-MOS has the soul of Mary. She had the power to seal away chaos' power, which will destroy the universe. So...I dunno. It depends if she needs her body to do that.

B. Voyager's soul is in a completely different dimension. Akuma isn't really even seeing Voyager. He's seeing an image transplanted to his bran by Voyager's power.

shin_gear
Before she had the soul of Mary, she wouldn't be affected by the attack. She's an android.

The biggest point is, it wouldn't be a problem if the opponent had a way of canceling it with a lethal attack. confused

Last Fre3lancer
And Kratos, who can crawl out of Hell.

Pyron_is_God
But can he sink islands.

ThoraxeRMG
I would give this to Satsui No Hadou, due to the fact that the user has no threat of becoming a slave to a dangerous entity.

Dark-Jaxx
Actually, they also lose their humanity when tapping into it, a master like Gouki can seal himself off to it though, whereas Ryu is pretty much a violent maniac.

Lazy MFer
Originally posted by Dark-Jaxx
whereas Ryu is pretty much a violent maniac. Unless it's the Alpha 3 version of Ryu who is more of a master than Akuma, then again, the A3 version of Evil Ryu really isn't canon though.

ThoraxeRMG
Actually, they also lose their humanity when tapping into it, a master like Gouki can seal himself off to it though, whereas Ryu is pretty much a violent maniac.

But it leaves you still with a mind and not just a slave.

DarkC
Satsui no Hadou.

Devil Gene grants insane power but as people have said, it has the potential to take away someone's individuality.

Dark-Jaxx
So does Satsui no Hadou, but the SNH can be mastered, that is the difference.

ThoraxeRMG
No it doesn't.
Akuma/Satsu No Hadou Ni Mezameta Ryu/Goutetsu all have had their mind in check.

Dark-Jaxx
It is not know to what extent Goutetsu used the SNH.

Ryu is a mindless maniac when using it canonically.

Gouki has his mind in check, as he has mastered it, but is has still affected him, it has turned him into an empty shell almost, who thinks of nothing but fighting and killing his opponent, all he retains left of his humanity is a code of honor.

ThoraxeRMG
No, Satsui No Hadou Ni Mezameta Ryu HAD his mind in check.
But he just had a strong desire to kill all challengers that came before him. Gouki is not as mindless as you say he is. He trains, he still lives like a ordinary human, kinda. Capcom even drew an official artwork of him selling or buying lemons from a young boy.

Darkstorm Zero
Gouki had MASTERED the killing intent, so his mind is not lost to primal rage like Evil Ryu is, but he does lose his humanity. There's a difference bitween bloodlust and cold calculating indifference.

DarkC
Originally posted by ThoraxeRMG
Capcom even drew an official artwork of him selling or buying lemons from a young boy.
I've been trying to find this artwork and I still haven't yet...

ThoraxeRMG
http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c342/Thoraxe123/AkumaGoukisellslemons.jpg

DarkC
Maybe that's where the "Akumart" fan art came from.

Project Jedah
Evil Ryu aint just some completely maniacal dude when he goes evil.
He will just do what ever it takes to win, but it aint like he goes around just killin er body he sees. He's got SOME control.

DarkC
I was under the impression that one person (Sagat) triggered it in Ryu, so that only Sagat would be Ryu's sole target.

I have this weird mental image of Akuma picking fruits from his orchard now.

It's endearing yet silly.

Project Jedah
Originally posted by DarkC

I have this weird mental image of Akuma picking fruits from his orchard now.

It's endearing yet silly. Lol, Akuma pickin fruit from orchid? That seems silly but I bet he does, he probably had an orchid on his island. Or at least some trees wit possible food on it.

DarkC
Those lemons are frickin' huge.

Project Jedah
They are infused wit Dark Hadou.

Project Jedah
Based on the fact that E Ryu gets stronger and a more pronounced aura, same with Shin Gouki. Hey, now that i think about it, he's right. It took Ryu up to SFIII to match his Evil form and Evil Ryu was far younger and less experienced.

dat_boi
as i recall satsui no hado pushes you body to near death limits decreasing your defense (which is y akuma always has the shortest life/stun bar) so devul gene takes this as on top of regen, power, and speed also u get teke and badass laser beams

ThoraxeRMG
..What?

dat_boi
Originally posted by ThoraxeRMG
..What? what confuses u about my post

Sado22
devil gene gives you invulnerability, healing factor AND telekinesis.....along with the ability to fly and shoot lasers. oh, and you also get some badass tattoos.

Devil gene>>>>satsui no hadou

period.

DarkC
Originally posted by dat_boi
as i recall satsui no hado pushes you body to near death limits decreasing your defense (which is y akuma always has the shortest life/stun bar)
No, it was stated that the ridiculously low defence of Akuma of the Street Fighter lore was an emulation of him being toned down. Otherwise he, like Oro, would be extremely overpowered.

Project Jedah
I would say it's better to have the Devil Gene...sorta. But the Satsui No Hadou fighters crush the Devil fighters. Satsui No Hadou users have better feats and the SGS.

dat_boi
sf chars dont have many feats u may think they do but they dont bcuz comics aint canon and the games leave alot 2 the imagination as alot of stuff gets retconed while there are plenty of feats devil gene chars have
1.jin tk'ing a city blocc into rubble
2. kaz getting thrown off a mountain and surviving
3. kaz getting thrown into a volcano and surviving
4. kaz tk'ing the dog shit out of heihachi
5. jin beating ogre three times in (powered up each time might I add)a being with the ability to absorb whoever he pleases and also learn moves as he sees them

ThoraxeRMG
what confuses u about my post

Your obvious lack of grammar.

dat_boi
its the interweb get over it

ThoraxeRMG
NoOoOoOoOoOo!

Dark-Jaxx
Originally posted by Sado22
devil gene gives you invulnerability, healing factor AND telekinesis.....along with the ability to fly and shoot lasers. oh, and you also get some badass tattoos.

Devil gene>>>>satsui no hadou

period. 1. High durability, not invulnerability, and so does SNH.

2. A small one.

3. Weak TK.

4. Fly? Gouki can turn intangible and glide.

5. Lasers? Lulz, they can do that without the SNH.

6. DBZ aura>Tattoos.smile

SNH>Devil Gene.

dat_boi
1. High durability, not invulnerability, and so does SNH.

2. A small one.

3. Weak TK.

4. Fly? Gouki can turn intangible and glide.

5. Lasers? Lulz, they can do that without the SNH.

6. DBZ aura>Tattoos.smile

SNH>Devil Gene.
1.snh hasnt shown half the durability of the devil gene i havent seen ken ryu or akuma get thrown into a volcano and come bacc from it
2.like i sed earlier getting thrown off a cliif 2x once ito a volcano kinda trumps any endurance feat ive seen snh do
3.i dont think tk'ing a city blocc into rubble without strain counts as weak tk
4.um glide short distances with a slow startup and stop kazuyas shown the ability to fly quite a ways as has jin ingame with slow startup but according to cutscene has been mighty swift
5.incase uve forgotten in all capcom games lasers trump ki blasts
6. i think jinpachis aura was way more badass than any snh aura by the way
Happy Dance devil gene stomps

Dark-Jaxx
1.snh hasnt shown half the durability of the devil gene i havent seen ken ryu or akuma get thrown into a volcano and come bacc from it
2.like i sed earlier getting thrown off a cliif 2x once ito a volcano kinda trumps any endurance feat ive seen snh do
3.i dont think tk'ing a city blocc into rubble without strain counts as weak tk
4.um glide short distances with a slow startup and stop kazuyas shown the ability to fly quite a ways as has jin ingame with slow startup but according to cutscene has been mighty swift
5.incase uve forgotten in all capcom games lasers trump ki blasts
6. i think jinpachis aura was way more badass than any snh aura by the way
Happy Dance devil gene stomps 1. Gouki at base can survive the pressure of the bottom of the ocean, and being sent in the Volcano KILLED Kazuya.

2. Answered.

3. It actually isn't that impressive, and show me him doing that. Gouki sunk an ISLAND. Fvck a city block.

4. Really? Gouki can use it to travel landmasses, and can jump from the bottom of the ocean to above the surface.

5. ...And they have those too, so this was an irrevelant point, and just because a Ki laser trumps a Ki blast, doesn't mean the Devil's lasers will.

6. No it isn't.

SNH ftw. Not in a stomp though.

dat_boi
1. Gouki at base can survive the pressure of the bottom of the ocean, and being sent in the Volcano KILLED Kazuya.

2. Answered.

3. It actually isn't that impressive, and show me him doing that. Gouki sunk an ISLAND. Fvck a city block.

4. Really? Gouki can use it to travel landmasses, and can jump from the bottom of the ocean to above the surface.

5. ...And they have those too, so this was an irrevelant point, and just because a Ki laser trumps a Ki blast, doesn't mean the Devil's lasers will.

6. No it isn't.

SNH ftw. Not in a stomp though.
1.kazuya didnt die thats why hes i tekken 4,5,6 right
2.tru i know he was at close to the bottom of the ocean but being burned in the bottom of a volcano trumps that in my opinion
3.try beating tekken five with hworang ull see
5.also try playing mvc2 cable owns hadokens with a liefield laser blast, ice man owns them with ice beams, iron man with the uni beam,etc etc
jinpachis ending shows that when his transformation completes he gets world busting power so devil gene takes it

Dark-Jaxx
1.kazuya didnt die thats why hes i tekken 4,5,6 right
2.tru i know he was at close to the bottom of the ocean but being burned in the bottom of a volcano trumps that in my opinion
3.try beating tekken five with hworang ull see
5.also try playing mvc2 cable owns hadokens with a liefield laser blast, ice man owns them with ice beams, iron man with the uni beam,etc etc
jinpachis ending shows that when his transformation completes he gets world busting power so devil gene takes it 1. He was brought back to life by tech.

2. But Kaz died, so no it doesn't.

3. No, show me, I'm not going to buy the game again to prove a point, you made the claim, the burden of proof is on you.

5. MvC2 isn't canon to Capcom, so you phail.

Show me Jinpachi busting a planet. I already know you can't. His ending says "The world will never be the same..." which means it is clearly still there, planet busting my ass.

dat_boi
1. He was brought back to life by tech.

2. But Kaz died, so no it doesn't.

3. No, show me, I'm not going to buy the game again to prove a point, you made the claim, the burden of proof is on you.

5. MvC2 isn't canon to Capcom, so you phail.

Show me Jinpachi busting a planet. I already know you can't. His ending says "The world will never be the same..." which means it is clearly still there, planet busting my ass.
granted he was pretty much incapacitated he wasnt dead and i believe he was down there a while before they got him also dont forget jinpachi was stucc under a building for i believe 20 years give or take

um succs to be you i guess if you dont even remember stuff from the game youre talking about maybe you shouldnt be talking about the game now should youshutup

your right its not my bad

yeah tru i cant show you bcuz its a what if? maybe world busting was an exaggeration seeing how we dont get to see him do anything after he transforms but badass transformations,wings tatoos and dbz aura beat just dbz aura

Darkstorm Zero
I really don't want to get involved in this again, as tempting as it is...

DarkC
granted he was pretty much incapacitated he wasnt dead and i believe he was down there a while before they got him also dont forget jinpachi was stucc under a building for i believe 20 years give or take

um succs to be you i guess if you dont even remember stuff from the game youre talking about maybe you shouldnt be talking about the game now should youshutup

yeah tru i cant show you bcuz its a what if? maybe world busting was an exaggeration seeing how we dont get to see him do anything after he transforms but badass transformations,wings tatoos and dbz aura beat just dbz aura
He made a deal with the Devil in order to keep his life, so yeah he technically died.

Maybe that was Jin.

Project Jedah
Er thing I was gonna say has already been said...

You guys are good.

And D.Jin didn't blow up no damn city block. It was just a single motorcycle...and to make things even more ridiculous, Hwaorwang, a regular human, survived it and even cracked a smile at it.

Dark-Jaxx

yeah tru i cant show you bcuz its a what if? maybe world busting was an exaggeration seeing how we dont get to see him do anything after he transforms but badass transformations,wings tatoos and dbz aura beat just dbz aura 1. No, he died. I guarantee it. Jin did that without Devil Gene, so that isn't a DG feat.

2. Thanks for copping out. Glad to see you admit you can't prove it.

3. YAY! I WON!!!

4. Yep, an exaggeration all right.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.