multibattle

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

stormfront
here we have 4 battles going on at the same time
meet the worriors.
storm
green lantern
flash and quicksilver
ironman

they all have a battle that they must get through. who wins their battle first?

storm- she has to fight three storms. they are all immune to eachothers powers so storm has to hand to hand this one. each clone's strenght is half of her strenght.

green lantern- in space fights a humanoid with the stenght of two supermans, he has average human speed. green lanters powers are useless against his opponent. the opponent only has one weak spot, the back of his head. GL will have to get close to strike.

flash and quicksilver- are fighting three 13 foot tall three eyed oger like creatures. they have to take out the creatures' eyes, when the eyes are closed the eye lids serve as inpenitrable sheilds and the ogers swing wildely when eyes are closed. flash and QS have to make sure to lose no bystanders or themselves.

ironman- has to fight two of him. equal to him in every way.

there ya go, fight

NiņoAraņa
What the f**k? well for one turn some spell check on.

1)I'd say she gets swamped.
2)GL's speed is up there, so he gets past.
3)What the f**k?
4)2 v 1? and they're all the same guy, essentially? IM loses....

Soljer
Who wins the battle first? The Flash solos the entire field before ANYONE can blink - ogres included.

stormfront
Originally posted by stormfront
here we have 4 battles going on at the same time
meet the worriors.
storm
green lantern
flash and quicksilver
ironman

they all have a battle that they must get through. who wins their battle first?

storm- she has to fight three storms. they are all immune to eachothers powers so storm has to hand to hand this one. each clone's strenght is half of her strenght.

green lantern- in space fights a humanoid with the stenght of two supermans, he has average human speed. green lanters powers are useless against his opponent. the opponent only has one weak spot, the back of his head. GL will have to get close to strike.

flash and quicksilver- are fighting three 13 foot tall three eyed oger like creatures. they have to take out the creatures' eyes, when the eyes are closed the eye lids serve as inpenitrable sheilds and the ogers swing wildely when eyes are closed. flash and QS have to make sure to lose no bystanders or themselves.

ironman- has to fight two of him. equal to him in every way.

there ya go, fight

stormfront

NiņoAraņa
stop trying to insult me, just answer the battle i did. i think that out of the 3 i answered, GL (any) is the only one who could actually finish his battle. and i have no clue what's going on in the FlashQS situation.

stormfront

NiņoAraņa
they have to destroy the ogers eyes well then Flash finishes faster. everytime.

Soljer
A green lantern can easily amp his speed to ridiculous levels. The 'superman' in question has human speed. That fight is no problem.

The Flash fight is even easier, considering the Flashes speed.

Ironman and Storm go down.

stormfront
think about it, when flash and QS take out one eye the oger would close the others. or the other ogers would close theres so it wont happen to them

NiņoAraņa
think about it, when flash and QS take out one eye the oger would close the others. or the other ogers would close theres so it wont happen to them Flash could take em all out PRETTY damn quick. nigh-instantaneously.

Sandai Kitetsu
One things for sure, Storm does not win.

NiņoAraņa
Originally posted by Sandai Kitetsu
One things for sure, Storm does not win. nor Iron Man.

Soljer
think about it, when flash and QS take out one eye the oger would close the others. or the other ogers would close theres so it wont happen to them

You poke yourself in one eye?

You blink, right?

How long does it take you to close your eyes? A second? Half a second? A hundredth of a second? The average time it takes to blink is between a quarter and a half of a second.

In half a second, light could move about one hundred fifty MILLION meters. Light is slow-as-piss compared to a the flash.

Sandai Kitetsu
I hate FTL speeds.

pr1983
storm fails unless she gets her hand on some sort of weapon...

gl walks it...

flash the same...

iron man is dead...

Symmetric Chaos
Storm loses horribly

GL throws a stone into the back of his foe's head

Flash and QS would probably be able to do their task individually

Ironman loses worse than Storm does

Sandai Kitetsu
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos

Ironman loses worse than Storm does

no

Symmetric Chaos
no

Ruthlessness factor + race card.

Sandai Kitetsu
Ruthlessness factor + race card.

But. . .those Repulsor Rays!!!!!

stormfront
One things for sure, Storm does not win.

stop hatin...

stormfront

Soljer
stop hatin...

But it is a certainty - just as it's a certainty that Tony won't win.

It's not hating, it's just the way you made the thread.

stormfront
Originally posted by Soljer
But it is a certainty - just as it's a certainty that Tony won't win.

It's not hating, it's just the way you made the thread.

no it is, and it prooves how much some of you know about storm and toni. it also proves that some of you dive in and say this just to piss people off. but really you guys dont know a thing of these two characters capabilities.
storm can fight. the other two storms have only half of her strenght.
toni just has to find a way to get ride of his two equals in ways that they would not think of. and if you didnt know toni knows how to fight aswell.

Soljer
no it is, and it prooves how much some of you know about storm and toni. it also proves that some of you dive in and say this just to piss people off. but really you guys dont know a thing of these two characters capabilities.
storm can fight. the other two storms have only half of her strenght.
toni just has to find a way to get ride of his two equals in ways that they would not think of. and if you didnt know toni knows how to fight aswell.

You don't have storm fighting two clones. You have her fighting THREE - all her supposed skill works against her, as much of it really doesn't depend on their strength.

Further, you have TWO Ironmen fighting Ironman that are EXACT COPIES OF HIM IN EVERY WAY.

Meaning, anything that Tony could think up to pull - the two Tonies could think up and counter even easier.

stormfront
You don't have storm fighting two clones. You have her fighting THREE - all her supposed skill works against her, as much of it really doesn't depend on their strength.

Further, you have TWO Ironmen fighting Ironman that are EXACT COPIES OF HIM IN EVERY WAY.

Meaning, anything that Tony could think up to pull - the two Tonies could think up and counter even easier.

ok three copies, if the copies have half of her strenght then they cant take many hits. storm isnt just going to let them all hit her at the same time. of corse she will find a way to dispose of them.

toni, on the other hand, as bad as his situation may seem. he knows himself and himselve know him. that dose not mean that when toni moves on leg the clones move the same leg. all he has to do is manuver in ways he knows he has never thought of. the clones and him do not have the same thoughts running through their heads.

Validus
Tony

stormfront
Originally posted by Validus
Tony

sorry, my moms name is toni. big grin

Validus
sorry, my moms name is toni. big grin
Cool beans.

But yeah, Storm and Tony are screwed here.

NiņoAraņa
ok three copies, if the copies have half of her strenght then they cant take many hits. storm isnt just going to let them all hit her at the same time. of corse she will find a way to dispose of them.

toni, on the other hand, as bad as his situation may seem. he knows himself and himselve know him. that dose not mean that when toni moves on leg the clones move the same leg. all he has to do is manuver in ways he knows he has never thought of. the clones and him do not have the same thoughts running through their heads. cus they have half the same strength doesn't mean they have half the durability sly180

and also, wouldn't the two tonys (tonies?) be able to communicate with each other thru thier armors? and thusly so find a way to counter their own thinking?

Soljer

toni, on the other hand, as bad as his situation may seem. he knows himself and himselve know him. that dose not mean that when toni moves on leg the clones move the same leg. all he has to do is manuver in ways he knows he has never thought of. the clones and him do not have the same thoughts running through their heads.

You said strength, you said nothing of durability.

Also; it doesn't matter if Tony thinks of something Tony wouldn't think of, because TWO Tony's could think of something NEITHER of them would think of even easier. And one Tony would have never thought of what TWO Tony's came up with. So one Tony would be totally lost while two would easily keep up.

Storm and Tony are totally ****ed here. Flash wins the 'fastest' competition.

stormfront

Soljer
well, actually if yoou have no strength then you really have no durability.
example:if you use all your strenght, then your body has no strenght, so im saying you use your strenght in a fight to the point where your tired and weakened. your body wont be able to last when it has no strenght. have you ever been rough housing so much you were too weak to do much?

laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing

stormfront
You said strength, you said nothing of durability.

Also; it doesn't matter if Tony thinks of something Tony wouldn't think of, because TWO Tony's could think of something NEITHER of them would think of even easier. And one Tony would have never thought of what TWO Tony's came up with. So one Tony would be totally lost while two would easily keep up.

Storm and Tony are totally ****ed here. Flash wins the 'fastest' competition.

the strnght of you body... oh hell. have you ever been in a fight?

when you body is worn down you cant take a hit. this also brings me to ask what durability are you takilng about.

two doent always mean better. it is often so that two people will mostlikely disagree on ideas befre comming to an agreement. so think of that for a second. wink

NiņoAraņa
the tonys communication doesnt have anything to do with the main tony's thinking. they do not have the same thinking. What the f**k?

and well soljer addressed the first part.

stormfront
laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing

i take it you never been in a fight... no

Soljer

when you body is worn down you cant take a hit. this also brings me to ask what durability are you takilng about.

two doent always mean better. it is often so that two people will mostlikely disagree on ideas befre comming to an agreement. so think of that for a second. wink

Durability, Stamina, and Strength (or lack thereof) are NOT the same things.

Lowering any of the above does NOT automatically lower the others. If you want to change the stipulations now, as thread starter, that is your prerogative. As far as the ORIGINAL stipulations go, however, the Clorms are just as durable as Storm. They have just as much stamina as Storm - they are just, effectively, carrying double the weight.

Regardless.

Storm goes down. Numbers > Strength. Assuming that skill is equal (which it is in your match), three guys that can bench two fifty will make someone who benches five hundred bite the curb.

NiņoAraņa
two doent always mean better. it is often so that two people will mostlikely disagree on ideas befre comming to an agreement. so think of that for a second. wink why when fighting against yourself, with yourself, would you disagree with yourself, even tho both of you know each other and yourself that you're fighting? sly180

Clorms=assume name.

Soljer
i take it you never been in a fight... no

For one, that paragraph was RIDICULOUSLY incoherent - hence the smilies.

For two, as mentioned, strength, durability, and stamina are NOT one and the same.

Soljer

NiņoAraņa
No shit. hope that's agreeing with me? confused

Soljer

NiņoAraņa
Absolutely! I'm just stating that it SHOULD be entirely obvious.

Seems some people have too much litenin on da brane! well since it wasn't obvious to some i had to state it.

Sandai Kitetsu
stop hatin... Stop ridin'.

stormfront

Lowering any of the above does NOT automatically lower the others. If you want to change the stipulations now, as thread starter, that is your prerogative. As far as the ORIGINAL stipulations go, however, the Clorms are just as durable as Storm. They have just as much stamina as Storm - they are just, effectively, carrying double the weight.

Regardless.

Storm goes down. Numbers > Strength. Assuming that skill is equal (which it is in your match), three guys that can bench two fifty will make someone who benches five hundred bite the curb.

the "clorms" are weaker than storm. i said that at the beginning. yes the have the same stamina,

durability-Definition: sturdiness over time

so it all still boils down to strenght. sturdiness- the property of something strongly built- the strenght of something.

and its not that they'll gang up on here, which they'll TRY. its how she handles them in the situation.

Sandai Kitetsu

Me thinks your confusing Strength with stamina.

stormfront

NiņoAraņa
the "clorms" are weaker than storm. i said that at the beginning. yes the have the same stamina,

durability-Definition: sturdiness over time

so it all still boils down to strenght. sturdiness- the property of something strongly built- the strenght of something.

and its not that they'll gang up on here, which they'll TRY. its how she handles them in the situation. i'm not even picking on you, but you need to form more coherant, thought out paragraphs. it's hard as hell to pick up useful info from your posts erm

NiņoAraņa
and its back to, they do not think the same. if they are exactly the same, why wouldn't they think the same?

Sandai Kitetsu

Lowering any of the above does NOT automatically lower the others..

Please tell me your joking?

stormfront
For one, that paragraph was RIDICULOUSLY incoherent - hence the smilies.

For two, as mentioned, strength, durability, and stamina are NOT one and the same.

first off its not a paragraph, its a statement. im saying you havent experienced the weakened state of your body being beaten after your weakened.

stormfront
Stop ridin'.

after you

Sandai Kitetsu
after you

I'm not the one with an avatar and sig dedicated to a character in this thread that I do not want to lose.

Soljer
Please tell me your joking?

Of course not. As I mentioned, it'll be as if Storm was simply carrying twice the weight. Will performing the same action drain a Clorm's stamina more than Storm's? Sure. Would performing the same action drain a Clorm's stamina more than Storm's if she were carrying an extra hundred-ish pounds? Nah.

As far as durability goes, it isn't related to strength in the least, really...erm.

Sure, plenty of super strong characters have durability based on 'super dense muscles.' But the thread starter didn't change Storm's density. The thread starter didn't say that the strength was halved due to the myosin fibers. The thread starter didn't specify. Hence, we assume that everything else about storm remains the same - muscle density included. The strength is just 'magically' lowered to half of the original's.

stormfront
Me thinks your confusing Strength with stamina.

nah im talking about the strenght of the body. durability is strenght when you look it up. but let me get this straight, durability is how much a person can take, am i right or wrong?

Soljer
nah im talking about the strenght of the body. durability is strenght when you look it up. but let me get this straight, durability is how much a person can take, am i right or wrong?

Wrong.

Sandai Kitetsu
Of course not. As I mentioned, it'll be as if Storm was simply carrying twice the weight. Will performing the same action drain a Clorm's stamina more than Storm's? Sure. Would performing the same action drain a Clorm's stamina more than Storm's if she were carrying an extra hundred-ish pounds? Nah.

That's not what I'm talking about, are you telling me that lowering an individual's stamina will have no effect on their strength and Durability?

As far as durability goes, it isn't related to strength in the least, really...erm.

Never said it was. erm

stormfront

stormfront

Sandai Kitetsu

Durability is your ability to endure.

Soljer
That's not what I'm talking about, are you telling me that lowering an individual's stamina will have no effect on their strength and Durability?

Nope. A person may only be able to lift that weight one half of the times they normally could, but they can still lift it.

That person can still take a punch to the face just as easily, they just can only dodge for half the time.

NiņoAraņa
if they though the same then they'd move the same. no. no. no. no.

just because i person thinks the same as another person, that doesn't mean they'll have the same sequence of thoughts as them. even if that we're true, then the one IM would not only be outnumbered, then they'd know exactly what he was thinking. which they kind of do. either way, he has NO way of winning erm

stormfront
I'm not the one with an avatar and sig dedicated to a character in this thread that I do not want to lose.

now think about what you just said... did i ever say she wouldnt lose? no.
im argueing that she and he wont lose as easy as you put it. if they lose they lose, its no big deal. and yeah i do have an avatar and sig for her, so...

Soljer

Sandai Kitetsu
Nope. A person may only be able to lift that weight one half of the times they normally could, but they can still lift it.

That's still a change in strength, you claimed it would have no effect. Furthermore, that's a false claim, when your stamina is maxed out your ability to lift changes drastically.

That person can still take a punch to the face just as easily, they just can only dodge for half the time.

noeno

A punch to the face when your dead tired is not the same when your well rested.

Soljer
now think about what you just said... did i ever say she wouldnt lose? no.
im argueing that she and he wont lose as easy as you put it. if they lose they lose, its no big deal. and yeah i do have an avatar and sig for her, so...

So....you're not only ignorant, but biased as well.

Soljer
That's still a change in strength, you claimed it would have no effect. Furthermore, that's a false claim, when your stamina is maxed out your ability to lift changes drastically.

noeno

A punch to the face when your dead tired is not the same when your well rested.

That's not a change in strength, it's a change in stamina.

As far as the punch to the face goes -

If dead tired, you'd take it just as well as you would if you were dead tired with twice the stamina. It just takes half as long to BECOME dead tired.

Sandai Kitetsu
That's not a change in strength, it's a change in stamina.

Which effects your strength. erm

As far as the punch to the face goes -

If dead tired, you'd take it just as well as you would if you were dead tired with twice the stamina. It just takes half as long to BECOME dead tired.

That makes no sense, how would it take half as long to take a punch? erm

Your stamina is directly related to your ability to cope with damage.

Soljer
Which effects your strength. erm

That makes no sense, how would it take half as long to take a punch? erm

Your stamina is directly related to your ability to cope with damage.

Perhaps you misunderstand. Ignore the 'fight' scenario for a moment. How many miles can you run before you're 'dead tired?'

Three? Five? Fifteen?

Say you run those fifteen, and THEN get socked in the face.

It effects you moreso than if you had just stretched and not even yet begun to jog, no?

Your clone, with half the stamina, can only run seven and a half miles before getting dead tired. After which, HE gets punched in the face. He takes it JUST as well as you did after fifteen miles, even though he only ran seven and a half.

Stamina - not durability.

stormfront
Durability is your ability to endure.

ok so your endurance depends on the strenght of your body.

i think this sentence fits the bill; "I cant endure the strenght of his punch."

Soljer
ok so your endurance depends on the strenght of your body.

i think this sentence fits the bill; "I cant endure the strenght of his punch."

No. Your endurance does NOT depend on the strength of your body.

no expression.

stormfront

stormfront
So....you're not only ignorant, but biased as well.

call me what you like, i just proved you wrong.

Soljer
call me what you like, i just proved you wrong.

Where?!

stormfront
No. Your endurance does NOT depend on the strength of your body.

no expression.

yes... it does.

endure
to put up with:bear, stand for,suffer, sustain, take, tolerate, withstand. here is an idioms: take it, take it lying down.

Sandai Kitetsu
Perhaps you misunderstand. Ignore the 'fight' scenario for a moment. How many miles can you run before you're 'dead tired?'

Three? Five? Fifteen?

Say you run those fifteen, and THEN get socked in the face.

It effects you moreso than if you had just stretched and not even yet begun to jog, no?

Your clone, with half the stamina, can only run seven and a half miles before getting dead tired. After which, HE gets punched in the face. He takes it JUST as well as you did after fifteen miles, even though he only ran seven and a half.

Stamina - not durability.

What does a unrealistic scenerio featuring a clone have to do with this?

IRL, Stamina is tied to strength. . .I do amateur boxing, some wrestling, and jogg before. . .And I can vouche for that.

stormfront
Where?!

you say i dont want her to lose... truth is i didnt make this thread for her to win just form my likings. i made it for people to actually think. i dont give a damn if she loses. i interjected into the dicussion because people made it seem like it was impossible for her and tony to win.

and you figure since ima storm fan i desperately care if she loses or wins... i dont.

Swanky-Tuna
Being tired doesn't really lessen your body's lifting capacity, just how much energy to have to lift.

When I read "half strength" I thought like many others that it was just a single stat decrease.

I think everyone in the clone situation is screwed. Their tactics are junked and they're out gunned.

Sandai Kitetsu
Originally posted by Swanky-Tuna
Being tired doesn't really lessen your body's lifting capacity, just how much energy to have to lift.

Overall, no, but at that moment. . .yeah.

NiņoAraņa

IRL, Stamina is tied to strength. . .I do amateur boxing, some wrestling, and jogg before. . .And I can vouche for that. we're talking about Clones and Comics. how does that tie to RL at ALL?! no expression

Soljer

IRL, Stamina is tied to strength. . .I do amateur boxing, some wrestling, and jogg before. . .And I can vouche for that.

So do I, I'm a mixed martial artist, and, trust me, I roll plenty of times.

Stamina doesn't have to do with strength. You may be able to roll for only half the time, but after that half, your strength is the same as it is for the normal guy rolling the entire time.

SnazzySmurph

IRL, Stamina is tied to strength. . .I do amateur boxing, some wrestling, and jogg before. . .And I can vouche for that. If you have the capacity to lift a train car, then run until you're fatigued, you still have the capactiy to lift a train car, but not the energy.

Furthermore, you could have the stamina of a proffesional athlete and be well rested, or have the stamina of a three year old and be well rested. Under the assumption you had the same physical stats no matter which level of stamina you have (magic, as Soljer already mentioned), you could run at the same speed. Or, for that matter, lift just as heavy weights. You couldn't do it for as long, but you could do it.

So, even if you magically decrease a person's stamina, their strength doesn't change, and they could have just as much energy to start. Stamina is about time, not level of energy.

Soljer
yes... it does.

endure
to put up with:bear, stand for,suffer, sustain, take, tolerate, withstand. here is an idioms: take it, take it lying down.

Your point? Enduring has nothing to do with strength.

A small scrappy mexican may be able to take a bat to the head better than a professional power lifter.

They are totally different 'statistics.'

and, all you stipulated in the original post was that Storm's strength was halved.

As another put it - a single stat decrease. As if by magic.

Sandai Kitetsu
So do I, I'm a mixed martial artist, and, trust me, I roll plenty of times.

Stamina doesn't have to do with strength. You may be able to roll for only half the time, but after that half, your strength is the same as it is for the normal guy rolling the entire time.

No, it isn't, less stamina= less strength.

Seriously, that's basic athleticism. if your not performing as well as your were when you were in your peak. Then your being effected, that's common sense.

Soljer
No, it isn't, less stamina= less strength.

*sigh*

Wrong.

Soljer
Originally posted by SnazzySmurph
If you have the capacity to lift a train car, then run until you're fatigued, you still have the capactiy to lift a train car, but not the energy.

Furthermore, you could have the stamina of a proffesional athlete and be well rested, or have the stamina of a three year old and be well rested. Under the assumption you had the same physical stats no matter which level of stamina you have (magic, as Soljer already mentioned), you could run at the same speed. Or, for that matter, lift just as heavy weights. You couldn't do it for as long, but you could do it.

So, even if you magically decrease a person's stamina, their strength doesn't change, and they could have just as much energy to start. Stamina is about time, not level of energy.

Sandai Kitetsu
If you have the capacity to lift a train car, then run until you're fatigued, you still have the capactiy to lift a train car, but not the energy.

Of course, you do, but a change in your stamina clearly augmented your strength. I was not talking long term, unless said change in stamina is.

No, you can't, do you know what dead tired is? Your telling me if your dead tired, and can barel stand. You will be able to lift your maximum weight, despite the fact you can barely hold your own weight?

Stamina is about both

stormfront
Your point? Enduring has nothing to do with strength.

A small scrappy mexican may be able to take a bat to the head better than a professional power lifter.

They are totally different 'statistics.'

and, all you stipulated in the original post was that Storm's strength was halved.

As another put it - a single stat decrease. As if by magic.

endurance is how much you can take. the clorms cant take much.

Soljer
endurance is how much you can take. the clorms cant take much.

Not according to your original post. According to your original post, they couldn't dish out as much - but they could take JUST as much as Storm.

To Sandai Kitetsu - would you mind taking this discussion to PM with myself or Smurph? Or the off topic thread? Because, really, you're way off topic. We already agreed that a decrease in strength wouldn't affect endurance or stamina, you're simply arguing the reverse isn't true - which doesn't matter at all for this thread.

Sandai Kitetsu
Physical or mental strength to resist fatigue and tiredness. Someone with good stamina, or hardship; endurance
www.news.bbc.co.uk/sportacademy/bsp/hi/swimming/jargon_guide/html/default.stm

enduring strength and energy
www.wordnet.princeton.edu/perl/webwn

To Sandai Kitetsu - would you mind taking this discussion to PM with myself or Smurph? Or the off topic thread? Because, really, you're way off topic. We already agreed that a decrease in strength wouldn't affect endurance or stamina, you're simply arguing the reverse isn't true - which doesn't matter at all for this thread.

How is off topic, were discussing storms stamina and strength. Please, stop coping out.

SnazzySmurph
Of course, you do, but a change in your stamina clearly changed your strength. I was not talking long term, unless said change is. That's not the point.

If Spider-man is normally a Class 25, when he's exhausted, he's still a class 25. Furthermore, if you're talking stamina, you have to be talking long term, because stamina is about time, not amount of energy.

No, you can't, do you know what dead tired is? Your telling me if your dead tired, you will be able to lift the same weight? I'd have the capacity, perhaps not the energy. Not that it matters, because stamina is not about level of energy, it's about time. What if we used the word endurance instead of stamina?

Again, yes it does. Stamina refers to how long you can last, whereas strength refers to your lifting capacity. No correlation.

NiņoAraņa
well the point is, Flash and Co. finish fastest. no expression

Soljer
Physical or mental strength to resist fatigue and tiredness. Someone with good stamina, or hardship; endurance
www.news.bbc.co.uk/sportacademy/bsp/hi/swimming/jargon_guide/html/default.stm

enduring strength and energy
www.wordnet.princeton.edu/perl/webwn

How is off topic, were discussing storms stamina and strength. Please, stop coping out.

Im not copping out - Storm's stamina isn't affected here - her strength is.

You're arguing that decreasing her stamina would decrease her strength. It has no bearing on the thread, because her stamina WASN'T decreased - her strength was.

And I even offered to keep the argument up with you in PM or another thread. It just really doesn't matter as far as this one is concerned.

Sandai Kitetsu
That's not the point.

If Spider-man is normally a Class 25, when he's exhausted, he's still a class 25. Furthermore, if you're talking stamina, you have to be talking long term, because stamina is about time, not amount of energy.
I never said he would change permenantly, mane. I said, Stamina effects strength. Spider-man can't lift 25 tons at any given time no matter what. Taxing his stamina will deplete his strength.

I'd have the capacity, perhaps not the energy. Not that it matters, because stamina is not about level of energy, it's about time. What if we used the word endurance instead of stamina?

I just posted definitions for stamina. Plus, when you use stregth certain things correlate to endurance I.e. bracing.

Stamina refers to how long you can last, whereas strength refers to your lifting capacity. No correlation.

Because the definitions are different, wow. seriously, do you work out?

Trying lifting the maximum you can lift when you can barely stand.

Symmetric Chaos
If Spider-man is normally a Class 25, when he's exhausted, he's still a class 25.

Yeah he's still a class 25. He just can't lift 25 tons.

Makes sense no expression

Furthermore, if you're talking stamina, you have to be talking long term, because stamina is about time, not amount of energy.

Stamina is about how long you have energy to do anything.

I'd have the capacity, perhaps not the energy. Not that it matters, because stamina is not about level of energy, it's about time. What if we used the word endurance instead of stamina?

How could you have the capacity to do something if you simultaneously lacked the ability to do it?

Sandai Kitetsu
Im not copping out - Storm's stamina isn't affected here - her strength is.

Which relates to her stamina, unless this is some magic comic where her strength is exclusive from her stamina.

Stamina is about how long you have energy to do anything.

How could you have the capacity to do something if you simultaneously lacked the ability to do it?

The epicness of this thread is crazy.

Soljer
Which relates to her stamina, unless this is some magic comic where her strength is exclusive from her stamina.

This entire time, you've argued that stamina affects strength, NOT that strength affects stamina.

What you're arguing has no bearing on the thread.

For that matter, it IS a magical decrease in her strength.

NiņoAraņa
Which relates to her stamina, unless this is some magic comic where her strength is exclusive from her stamina. it's better then that. it's a forum match no expression

Sandai Kitetsu
This entire time, you've argued that stamina affects strength, NOT that strength affects stamina.

What you're arguing has no bearing on the thread.

For that matter, it IS a magical decrease in her strength.

If there's a chane in stamina, chances are that strength is involved. If this is some magic comic, then I'll concede and back off.

Symmetric Chaos
If there's a chane in stamina, chances are that strength is involved. If this is some magic comic, then I'll concede and back off.

Forum Rule #0:

What the OP says goes no matter how stupid it seems.

Soljer

Exactly! You're saying if the stamina changes, the strength changes. Whether that's true or not, it doesn't matter!

What WOULD matter is if STRENGTH changes, stamina changes. It doesn't.

So you're still off topic, unable to grasp that fact, and are ignoring that the divide in strength, by the original post, WAS magic.

Sandai Kitetsu
Forum Rule #0:

What the OP says goes no matter how stupid it seems.

Yeah, I'm going to back off.

SnazzySmurph
I never said he would change permenantly, mane. I said, Stamina effects strength. Spider-man can't lift 25 tons at any given time no matter what. Taxing his stamina will deplete his strength. No, taxing his stamina will deplete his energy, eventually. Spider-Man has the capacity to lift 25 tons, but does not always have the energy.

I just posted definitions for stamina. Plus, when you use stregth certain things correlate to endurance I.e. bracing.
Your links aren't working.

If Spider-Man can lift 25 tons, and you halve his stamina, at the begining of the day he will still be able to lift 25 tons. Do you disagree?
Because the definitions are different, wow. seriously, do you work out? Yes I do, but that doesn't matter. And it's not about the definitions.

If I have the capacity lift a car, and you lower my stamina I'll still have the capacity to lift a car, and at the begining of the day I could. Later on, if I'm dead tired, I'll still have the capacity but not the energy. If my stamina had not been lowered, then I may still have the energy.

SnazzySmurph
Yeah he's still a class 25. He just can't lift 25 tons.

Makes sense no expression Because he lacks the energy, not the ability. His body still has the capacity to lift 25 tons, but doesn't have enough fuel. And, even by taxing stamina, he could still have the fuel, but not for as long.

No direct correlation.

Stamina is about how long you have energy to do anything. And therefore about time. If I decrease stamina, I don't directly decrease amount of energy.

How could you have the capacity to do something if you simultaneously lacked the ability to do it? I answered with the first quote.

Sandai Kitetsu
No, taxing his stamina will deplete his energy, eventually. Spider-Man has the capacity to lift 25 tons, but does not always have the energy.

Energy, which is required for strength. erm

Your links aren't working.

If Spider-Man can lift 25 tons, and you halve his stamina, at the begining of the day he will still be able to lift 25 tons. Do you disagree?
Yes I do, but that doesn't matter. And it's not about the definitions.

Links are irrelevant, it's the definitions that matter.

That spider-man scnerio is ridculous, because no one can halve your stamina like magic. Tax your stamina and see if they have no effect on your strength. Furthermore, Strength is not just about lifting, my dude.

If I have the capacity lift a car, and you lower my stamina I'll still have the capacity to lift a car, and at the begining of the day I could. Later on, if I'm dead tired, I'll still have the capacity but not the energy. If my stamina had not been lowered, then I may still have the energy.

Refer to above, and I already gave you examples of people being dead tired and not lifting their max. No offense, but stick to talking about comics.

Soljer
Example - Stamina - does a car have the capacity to drive, even if it's outta gas?

Sure.

Strength - does a car have the capacity to drive if it doesn't have enough horsepower to push it's frame forward?

Nope.

Symmetric Chaos
Because he lacks the energy, not the ability. His body still has the capacity to lift 25 tons, but doesn't have enough fuel. And, even by taxing stamina, he could still have the fuel, but not for as long.

No direct corelation.

I see your point.

And therefore about time. If I decrease stamina, I don't directly dicrease amount of energy.

What? If you have less stamina you have less energy by default.

It takes energy to do work. Stamina is how long you can do work. If you drop stamina you have to drop energy.

Soljer
Energy, which is required for strength. erm

That spider-man scnerio is ridculous, because no one can halve your stamina like magic. Tax your stamina and see if they have no effect on your strength. Furthermore, Strength is not just about lifting, my dude.

Refer to above, and I already gave you examples of people being dead tired and not lifting their max. No offense, but stick to talking about comics.

Yes, someone CAN halve a statistic like magic - the original poster can.

Sandai Kitetsu
Example - Stamina - does a car have the capacity to drive, even if it's outta gas?

Sure.

Strength - does a car have the capacity to drive if it doesn't have enough horsepower to push it's frame forward?

Nope.

When did cars have stamina?

Soljer
When did cars have stamina?

It's a metaphor.

Go to the fourth grade. Directly to the fourth grade. Do not pass Go. Do not collect diploma.

Sandai Kitetsu
It's a metaphor.

Go to the fourth grade. Directly to the fourth grade. Do not pass Go. Do not collect diploma.

You mean an analogy, drop the insults because your up here arguing that less gas will effect a cars ability to do work?

I never knew my car would go slower because it has less gas.

Soljer
You mean an analogy, drop the insults because your up here arguing that less gas will effect a cars ability to do work?

I never knew my car would go slower because it has less gas.

An analogy utilizes the word 'like' or 'as.'

Try not to correct someone when you're a moron.

Sandai Kitetsu
An analogy utilizes the word 'like' or 'as.'

Try not to correct someone when you're a moron.

That's a similie.

SnazzySmurph
Energy, which is required for strength. erm It's about direct correlations.

That spider-man scnerio is ridculous, because no one can halve your stamina like magic. Tax your stamina and see if they have no effect on your strength. Furthermore, Strength is not just about lifting, my dude. They can in a forum thread. The situation in this thread is ridiculous, and the scenario I presented was not dissimilair.

Whether the strength it applied to lifting or not is arbitrary.

Refer to above, and I already gave you examples of people being dead tired and not lifting their max. No offense, but stick to talking about comics. Because they lacked the energy, not the capacity. The stat Strength, is refering to the capacity to lift, not the ability at any one moment due to energy.

Soljer
That's a similie.

Damn, I was hoping you'd pull 'similie' on me.

Regardless, I didn't mean analogy, I meant metaphor.

Oh, and nice edit. Hide your ignorance. smile.

Sandai Kitetsu
Damn, I was hoping you'd pull 'similie' on me.

Regardless, I didn't mean analogy, I meant metaphor.

Okay, but did you have to be an ass about by calling me a moron and a fourth grader. Is that how adults debate?

Sandai Kitetsu
Hide your ignorance. smile. I edited before I read your post.

Soljer
Okay, but did you have to be an ass about by calling me a moron and a fourth grader. Is that how adults debate?

When they're debating with someone who can't grasp a simple fourth grade concept? Absolutely.

Soljer
I edited before I read your post.

If you say so.

Sandai Kitetsu
When they're debating with someone who can't grasp a simple fourth grade concept? Absolutely.

Stamina is a fourth grade concept yet you got it wrong. erm

SnazzySmurph
I see your point. Damn straight, you do.
What? If you have less stamina you have less energy by default.

It takes energy to do work. Stamina is how long you can do work. If you drop stamina you have to drop energy. All right, fair enough.

But then the only way that stamina could drop a strength stat is by magically lowering it so much that you would never have the energy to reach full capacity. And, even then, that's not truly lowering it, but might as well be unless you have an ulterior fuel source.

Otherwise, while stamina would affect level of energy, it wouldn't directly affect strength.

Sandai Kitetsu
If you say so.

It was, furthermore your post was not even a metaphor since you made no comparison to a human. you just mentioned cars.

Soljer
Stamina is a fourth grade concept yet you got it wrong. erm

I haven't gotten it wrong yet. Stamina is about time and energy. It isn't about strength, as smurph and I have repeatedly pointed out.

Get it through your thick skull, friend.

Also; you can't seem to understand that if -> then is not the same as if <-> then.

You've argued this entire time that stamina affects strength, when there has been no chance to storm's stamina! You NEED to be arguing that strength affects stamina, as that is what has changed.

Yet, you haven't. Even when this was pointed out to you time and time again.

Sandai Kitetsu
It's about direct correlations.

They can in a forum thread. The situation in this thread is ridiculous, and the scenario I presented was not dissimilair.

Whether the strength it applied to lifting or not is arbitrary.

Because they lacked the energy, not the capacity. The stat Strength, is refering to the capacity to lift, not the ability at any one moment due to energy.

Well, since your talking about Strength being augmented overall, like I said. I'll concede, but realistically, that's a no.

Soljer
It was, furthermore your post was not even a metaphor since you made no comparison to a human. you just mentioned cars.

It was a metaphor.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/metaphor

"a figure of speech in which a term or phrase is applied to something to which it is not literally applicable"

Figure it out.

Sandai Kitetsu
I haven't gotten it wrong yet. Stamina is about time and energy. It isn't about strength, as smurph and I have repeatedly pointed out.

Get it through your thick skull, friend.

Stamina is your ability to do work and how long. Last I check strength feats are work, yet somehow changing your stamina will have no effect strength? Get your head checked, because a fourth grader would no the difference.

You've argued this entire time that stamina affects strength, when there has been no chance to storm's stamina! You NEED to be arguing that strength affects stamina, as that is what has changed.

Didn't I say from the get go, I was talking about Stamina and strength in general. Not storm, infact I told you that I concede if your talking about storm, so why dredge that up? You were talking about Stamina in a real life context. Which is why you mention fourth grade intelligence.

Sandai Kitetsu
It was a metaphor.

"a figure of speech in which a term or phrase is applied to something to which it is not literally applicable"

Figure it out.

Which is why you confused it with a similie?

Symmetric Chaos
It was a metaphor.

Figure it out.

Analogy is just as good. And, because it comes first in the alphabet, better.

Soljer
Stamina is your amount to do work and how long. Last I check strength feats are work, yet somehow it will have no effect. Get your head checked, because a fourth grader would no the difference.

Didn't I say from the get go, I was talking about Stamina and strength in general. Not storm, infact I told you that I concede if your talking about storm, so why dredge that up? You were talking about Stamina in a real life context. Which is why you mention fourth grade intelligence.

Because! This entire thing started because you were way off topic, and you refused to take it elsewhere. It doesn't belong here, because no one has their stamina lowered in this thread!

Soljer
Strength feats are work - sure. However, as Smurph has pointed out REPEATEDLY, lowering the available energy reduces how OFTEN said work can be done - but not the fact that work CAN be done.

Sandai Kitetsu
work can be done - but not the fact that work CAN be done.

Less energy means less work, that's common sense.

SnazzySmurph
Less energy means less work, that's common sense. Amount of work, but not capacity for work.

Sandai Kitetsu
Amount of work, but not capacity for work.

I never knew these terms were not synonymous, I'm outta here.

NiņoAraņa

SnazzySmurph
I never knew these terms were not synonymous, I'm outta here. Don't twist words. If you treat the word amount as how often you can lift something, and capacity as how much you can lift, they're not synonymous at all.

Sandai Kitetsu
Yeah, I'm sorry for derailing this thread.

Sandai Kitetsu
Don't twist words. If you treat the word amount as how often you can lift something, and capacity as how much you can lift, they're not synonymous at all.

Right, because amount is not the same as capacity. . .whatever you say. smile

SnazzySmurph
Right, because amount is not the same as capacity. . .whatever you say. smile What a poor, last ditch effort...

It is the same as saying the number of times (or amount of times, lolz) that you can perform work vs. the capacity to perform it.

erm

Sandai Kitetsu
What a poor, last ditch effort...

It is the same as saying the number of times (or amount of times, lolz) that you can perform work vs. the capacity to perform it.

erm

Whatever you say mane, because we all know that capacity is mutaully exclusive to amount. I guess all those people who get maxed out when excersizing, and claim they can't do anymore regiments are big time liars. erm

-Because if I can run 20 MPH when I'm fresh, then I can Run 20 MPH when I'm maxed out.

-If I can bench 250 when I'm fresh, I can bench said weight when I maxed out.

SnazzySmurph
Whatever you say mane, because we all know that capacity is mutaully exclusive to amount. I guess all those people who get maxed out when excersizing , and claim they can't do anymore regiments are liars. erm They can't do anymore, that doesn't change how much they can do in the first place.

Aneewayz, yu wuz pwned, dawg, 'n now yu is lyke teh booring.

Leaving.

Sandai Kitetsu
They can't do anymore, that doesn't change how much they can do in the first place.

Yeah, the first place when their Stamina is not taxed. You keeep ignore that point, why is beyond me.

NiņoAraņa
i strike down this thread and declare it dead. no expression

Sandai Kitetsu

stormfront
It was a storm thread, nothing much to miss.

its not a storm thread. i would have just taken everyone else out, for it to only be hers.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.