Tom approached to star as Superman at the JLA movie

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

hermione7

hermione7
Look at this on the IESB forum aswered by R Sanchez

Q: Please tell me that you have this on good authority and arent going to wind up crushing millions of fanboy/girl's dreams?

Also just for clarification, are you saying Welling was merely approached? or is it a done deal? Because at some points in the article/TV spot it sounds like both.

Robert Sanchez:Hi,
First off I don't make up rumors, we've been dead on all of our recent scoops. from Len Wiseman developing Escape from New York and Gears of War, to Stephen Sommers directing GI Joe, Stuart Beattie writing GI Joe.

When we broke that Warner Bros. was aiming to get Justice League to start production in early of 2008 we had tons of fanboys saying that we were wrong. The LA Times just confirmed our story.

In regards to Welling playing Superman, we've been hearing this story from our source for two weeks. I've been hearing about all the political drama between Nolan's camp and WB execs and then a couple of days ago I got the call in regards to Bats and Supes.

"Welling will be Superman in JLA, how awesome is that? and they are looking at ......... for Batman" I was told by my source. He did ask me to sit on the Batman story for a few days for additional info.

I asked how would they work around the Smallville schedule and I was told that the big boys at DC and WB and Smallville producers were going to work with the schedule.

Besides I also confirmed with other sources and I heard the same thing in regards to Supes, even Clint over at Moviehole.net has heard the rumblings regarding Welling.

I trust my source, they have been right about all my scoops and they are part of the industry, high up in the industry if you get my drift.

In regards to Alfred Gough comments, it's weird for him to say something like that. That Welling is committed trough the 8th season. My response is cool but he has done other films such as The Fog, the Cheaper by the Dozen films so I don't understand his thoughts on this.

The other question that I keep getting from readers are in regards to other Smallville cast members. I really don't know, haven't heard anything but I am sure to check around early next week.

Other questions that I have been receiving are "what do I think about Welling as Supes?"

Not my number one choice, I think that Bale and Routh should do JLA but I understand what WB is doing with JLA.

-------------------------
please let there be a durance in the movie

Firelord Ozai
I've already read about this on another forum & if Tom accepts, I'll be ecstatic. Happy Dance

pr1983
oh ffs... sad

hermione7
Craig posted in k-site that he contacted Gough and Gough repeated to him the same thing he told superman home page, that Tom will not be playing superman in this movie. If it is true or not, I don't know, but it is really weird that Gough keep repeating this if this is not true.
Tom also hasn't come out and denied it.

I'm still waiting for more news this week.

on the IESB forum.. R.Sanchez really confirmed it.. seems like he's sure about it

here's the link of the forum

http://www.iesb.net/index.php?optio...d=20&id=103

Firelord Ozai
You never know, he could take up the role.

hermione7
yup.. if routh can't do it.. tom is next for the role

hermione7
just wanna confirm this is not true..
false rumor

pr1983
Originally posted by hermione7
just wanna confirm this is not true..
false rumor

so he wasnt asked?

Jimmy Buggs
why wouldnt they do this? Plus they can just make batman , batman. with out bruce wayne. So who cares about the actor. Just have him in suit the whole movie.

hermione7

Sarutobi700
This movie is gonna be so bad. Itll be worse than both Fatasic 4 movies combined. Batman and Flash might save it though. WHo are the villians gona be? A talking Gorrila?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.