Saw IV

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Discos
Brilliant, another installment in one of the greatest movie franchizes ever, and there is also a 5th and 6th in the works as well.

They like to out-do themselves when it comes to new torture methods in each movie.

Don't see what the writes are getting on about, according to wikipedia, Tobin Bell reprises himself as Jigsaw....yet the writers have stated that jigsaw WAS killed off in the 3rd movie, and yet they claim Jigsaw won't be a ghost or be viewd in Flashbacks - although it is explained in the first 5 minutes of the new movie.

Can't wait to see it dudes,

MildPossession
There is a clip going around of one scene/death trap from Saw 4, looks interesting.

The makers have said Jigsaw will be in it, but he is definitely dead in the new movie.

deathbycorn
The Saw movies are such drivel.
The first was decent but now it's just a money making exercise.

What happened to original films like Dog Soldiers and The Descent.

Wolfie
I'm guessing we'll just see the Billy doll with Jigsaw's voice. I don't expect to see much more of Tobin Bell than that.

I saw a poster at a theater the other night. I'm looking forward to this.

steverules
I just hope this is the last one...does anyone know if it's gonna be about that guy trying to find his daughter or something else?

vivando-loca
how are they gonna make this w/ out Jigsaw? i mean, really. 5th and 6th? unless he had a son/daughter who was as sick as he was, i don't see how they can do that. or if amanda survived....

MildPossession
There will be something about his Wife brought into the new one.

Pandemoniac
Might be a 'meanwhile in ...' kind of story, happening before/during the events in the previous movies, perhaps it catches up in time and the ending takes place after the end of 3.

Oomny
Man they never give up. I LOVE the saw movies. though I must say that the third was a slight disappointment. but not the biggest dissapointment in threequels *cough* Spider Man 3 *Cough*. I do want to see it though. I mean if they kill the mastermind,what's left?

ladygrim
Originally posted by steverules
I just hope this is the last one...does anyone know if it's gonna be about that guy trying to find his daughter or something else? I hope so too but i read somewhere that the actor who plays Jigsaw sign up for two more after the 3rd one sad which is terrible because i think they should of just left it with the one.

steverules
To be honest I am not suprised they aren't stopping at one

Discos
Originally posted by Oomny
though I must say that the third was a slight disappointment. but not the biggest dissapointment in threequels

Must agree with you there man, 3 wasn't so much of a letdown....maybe perhaps because I had such high expectations on the famous "saw movie ending twist", but it didnt turn out great.

Originally posted by Wolfie
I'm guessing we'll just see the Billy doll with Jigsaw's voice. I don't expect to see much more of Tobin Bell than that.

AAAHHH!!!! this would explain alot dude, but he is also set to be in the 5th and 6th Saw movie.

They can't kill off a mastermind and bassically SAW itself, Tobin Bell is Saw!

His wife isn't really involved in a acting sense, but more of a plot line to reveal why Jigsaw came into being, more explained than the first movie. I can't wait to get up close and personal with the history and mind of JIGSAW.

Discos - thank you TWIZTED PICTURES!!!!

D-Wag
If this is true, I can't wait till it comes out

~*~lilchamp~*~
saw 3 is awsome i think its the best one out of all of them

Impediment
Originally posted by Discos
Brilliant, another installment in one of the greatest movie franchizes ever, and there is also a 5th and 6th in the works as well.

They like to out-do themselves when it comes to new torture methods in each movie.

Don't see what the writes are getting on about, according to wikipedia, Tobin Bell reprises himself as Jigsaw....yet the writers have stated that jigsaw WAS killed off in the 3rd movie, and yet they claim Jigsaw won't be a ghost or be viewd in Flashbacks - although it is explained in the first 5 minutes of the new movie.

Can't wait to see it dudes,

Pfft..............The Saw series will eventually turn into another NOES/FT13th/Halloween/Child's Play-esque franchise, meaning that movie after movie after movie will be made until each corresponding movie is far worse than the former. The torture scenes, I have to admit, are fun to watch, but those dont make for a good horror movie, in my opinion.

Kazenji
With these saw movies i prefer the sequals then the original one, They have better action and plot IMO then the original.

MildPossession
First had the better twist though.

Röland
In my opinion, I think they should have just stopped with the SAW.

These sequels are just ruining what was good about the first movie.

Discos
Saw 2 was by far the best twist in the series, IMO.

Brilliantly filmed and a nice little cast of victims. Tortue methods were alot better than Saw 3....a twist of the recording, the locked son in a safe, and also Amanda turning to the jugsaw side.

Impediment - I think you're on the right path, I am just the slightest bit too young to of seen any of the other movies burn out, I did however see "Seed of Chucky" and that just blew, and I did like the childs play when I was younger.

We have to remember that the first movie was a little movie shot on a budget of a $1 million or so, it is the fans who keep wanting more SAWs.
Even if the next saws suck then we always have the ones we love from before.

vivando-loca
omfg yes it was! one of the best movie's i've seen.

third was okay, and the first was just....not the best it could have been.

i don't think so. i think 2nd had the best twist. i sure didn't see it coming...

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Love the Saw movies. Good mindless laughable violence. Saw 4 should be just as good.

Micheal_Myers
I saw the trailer last night at Halloween.I gotta say it looks pretty interesting.I love the Saw franchise.The first two movies were amazing!The third was good but it didnt live up to the first two without the famous "Saw ending plotwist" IIt wasnt bad, but I hope they can redeem themselves with four and bring it back up to a Saw 1 and 2 level.

SelphieT
Of course I'll see this. I've seen the first three, why not? The third one's ending really left me curious, so I feel entitled to see this one.

Discos
Originally posted by Micheal_Myers
The first two movies were amazing!The third was good but it didnt live up to the first two without the famous "Saw ending plotwist" IIt wasnt bad, but I hope they can redeem themselves with four and bring it back up to a Saw 1 and 2 level.

Dido my man!

I aint seen an advert or even a poster for the movie here in Britain. Probably would have to be shown as a trailer on a 18 movie (or rated R in states?)...and there aint one out at the moment.

seen them on youtube anyways, brilliant.

ladygrim
Originally posted by SelphieT
Of course I'll see this. I've seen the first three, why not? The third one's ending really left me curious, so I feel entitled to see this one. i think thats why i would watch the fourth one because the 3rd one left unanswered questions

BackFire
Third one was a pile of shit.

I imagine this will be more of the same.

MildPossession
Apparently they are going back to a mix of the first and second for Saw 4.

Neo_Version 7
Okay, here's my take:

Saw = Best entry in the franchise. Ultimate twist. The only redeeming quality was the twist in my opinion. The traps in this movie were also consistently good.

Saw II = Horrible. Only redeeming quality was Xavier. When Jonas is arguing with him on how to get out of the house, he simply says "It's not a fortress, dawg!'. Hilarious. Lack of creativity in the traps department though. Twist was okay. So was the Needle Pit. (Again, Xavier makes it funny)

Saw III = This movie has my favorite trap which was the Freezer Trap. Simple and not excessively violent. Almost as good as the original "Chained to the Pipes" trap. The only downside was that the trap was far too easy to get out of. It was just a matter of drama for it to take too long. The cross trap wasn't bad either. Twist was garbage though.

Saw IV = I'll watch it obviously because I loved the first but the twists just don't have the same impact anymore because we expect them. "M. Night Syndrome" to the max.

Healing Artisan
first two were good. third was pointless. fourth seems unnecessary.

Big Sexy
Saw 1- was good and it made sense \
Saw 2- okay
Saw 3- stories dead at this point completely. It just relies on the torture devices for its entertainment.
Saw 4- not necessary

BackFire
The first saw was passable. Terribly overrated, though. Ending is laughable, but as usualy it gets praise.

Second was the best in the series, I thought. Though again, the ending was shit.

Third was just total shit, a big steaming pile of nothing. Stupid movie.

Kazenji
I did'nt think the first one was that good it was okay but i like the sequals more myself.

Discos
whoa Backfire, haha, not alot of love for the 3rd one I see?
It couldn't of been that Shit in your eyes dude...but it was a far cry below par in the plot department.

NEWS: The makers are not allowing reviewers to see the movie because the Twist is too saucy to give away too early. Doubt professional movie critics would slip the ending anyways.

One reviewer today was a little miffed that he got to see The Sixth Sense on special review (which had a bad ass twist)...and not allowed to see Saw IV.

Discos - saucy

steverules
Dunno if this has been put on here yet but here's the trailer:

http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1809856250/video/3915641/standardformat/

ladygrim
Dunno if this has been put on here yet but here's the trailer:

http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1809856250/video/3915641/standardformat/ i dont think the trailer does it any justice it looks FAN made no expression

steverules
Well it was on Yahoo so I think it's the real deal...but it does look like a fan made trailer, I agree

akema
I wanna see this. I love the Saw franchise.

Discos
supposed to be out on October 28th?...maybe 21st??

But I have a feeling it won't be in the UK - this always happens.

Tussell
Saw was a decent horror film for being made in the 2000's. I can't really name more than a handfull of good horror films that have come out in the past 7 years.

The next two films, were horrible, in my opinion. They aren't smart and they definately aren't crafted well.

The third one was just thriving on the special makeup and gore effects. Movies shouldn't have to do that these days.

I'm definately not looking forward to this.

Micheal_Myers
The website said it will be out Oct. 26th...I cant wait...

MildPossession
That is the official teaser trailer by the way, it's on the official sites.

Bloinky
Heres a scene I found

clicky clicky

ragesRemorse
why didnt the guy cut the stiches in his mouth with that axe?

almost looks good

DOYLEZOMBIE
Jigsaw never died he was badly tortured but he's still alive watch Saw 3 again you will know what i mean.

MildPossession
He has died, the film makers have said so.

Discos
he sure is dead.

Thats why his heart stopped and the wife died when he died.

Also the movie poster shows his sawed off head on a scale (think its a scale).

My friends were shocked to hear about a Saw 4,5 and 6 when I informed then. Great pub talk for the next hour followed.

I saw that trailer a while back now, great suggestion on why didnt he use the axe to cut the stitches.

LORD ALEXANDER
i cant wait for this i love the saw movies they are some of the few that have scared me in a long time on first viewing

Discos
Now for me the Saw movies wern't scary but more on the entertaining side...I never really thought that Saw went for the scary angle rather than a good laugh at other peoples flesh' expense.

There is a lot of Gore though, and that freaks some people out.

Movies dont try to be scary nowadays for me, its more jumpy. ie entering an abandoned hotel, cue the creepy violin music, women turns a corner with music tempo rising....and BANG! a cat. hehe

Discos - I'm stil sticking that the release date will be pushed back

vivando-loca
okay, here's what i've found.

Jigsaw, as well as his apprentice Amanda, have died. After hearing of Detective Kerry's murder, two veteran FBI agents, Agent Strahm and Agent Perez, assist Detective Hoffman in sorting out the remains of Jigsaw's last game. However, SWAT Team Commander Rigg has been put into a deadly game himself, and has only an hour and a half to prevail over a series of twisted, horrifying traps to save an old friend, as well as himself, from a grisly demise. Written by HaroldMarkefeler391
-----------

Jigsaw and his apprentice Amanda are dead. Now, upon the news of Detective Kerry's murder, two seasoned FBI profilers, Agent Strahm and Agent Perez, arrive in the terrified community to assist the veteran Detective Hoffman in sifting through Jigsaw's latest grizzly remains and piecing together the puzzle. However, when SWAT Commander Rigg is abducted and thrust into a game, the last officer untouched by Jigsaw has but ninety minutes to overcome a series of demented traps and save an old friend or face the deadly consequences. Written by Lionsgate
------------

Jigsaw and his apprentice Amanda are dead. Now, upon the news of Detective Kerry's murder, two seasoned FBI profilers, Agent Strahm and Agent Perez, arrive in the terrified community to assist the veteran Detective Hoffman in sifting through Jigsaw's latest grizzly remains and piecing together the puzzle. However, when SWAT Commander Rigg is abducted and thrust into a game, the last officer untouched by Jigsaw has but ninety minutes to overcome a series of demented traps and save an old friend or face the deadly consequences. Written by Publicist
----------

each one's a bit different, so that's why i posted them all. for more click here: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0890870/

D-Wag
Official Trailer

http://www.apple.com/trailers/lions_gate/sawiv/trailer1b/large.html

Bloinky
Originally posted by D-Wag
Official Trailer

http://www.apple.com/trailers/lions_gate/sawiv/trailer1b/large.html

I won't be seeing this in theaters. I'll check it out on dvd or ppv most likely.

Discos
Just finished watching the first Saw movies over the past few days and I really forgot how good Saw 3 actually was....I liked to take a dig at it but I see where they were going (as in pushing a story for Saw 4).

Tobin Bell will most likely be doing voice only on the tape recorders or video messages.

Saw 3 left ALOT of un-answered questions, 2 notable ones is the location of Reinhart's daughter (which I don't think he will find, ouch!) and also Jigsaws wife.

I never really thought much about Jiggers wife till you guys mentioned it here and again after watching the flashbacks last night.

Amanda sucks, Saw2 gave me a great imagination of Amanda being cool and actually following Jigsaws work - but in the third film she just wosses out and wants to kill people and slash herself....JUNKIE!

Discos - I was wrong, October 28th in my local cinema BABY

tylerTOXICITY
I just hope this is the last one...does anyone know if it's gonna be about that guy trying to find his daughter or something else?

By the way this might be a dissapointment to you and other..
NOT TO ME!

But they are planing to make 5 and 6.

Jigsaw will be in number 4 and 5.

4 he will be dead/funaral and sh*t.
5 they are talking about a scene where amanda locks somebody in a cage with jigsaws mangeled body.

Which i find hard to beleive as in the last installment of saw we saw amanda get shot?

Discos
this movie should have been out sooner, this thread has quietened. Well the end of October should see this thread booming again.

joshb
i think saw 1 was the best saw. i think they did go downhill though.
i think they should have stopped at 3 it was a very fitting ending for a horror movie really.

a fourth would be understandable as it would work well fallowing othe sides of the saw movies perhaps even showing jigsaw planning traps or sumthing. but 5 and 6!
there has got to be a new character, half of the saw films are going to be with out the main character. tobin bell is in it but that could mean so little it could just be showing an old tape. (the ones he talks in when not using the tape player)

Discos
Saw 1 had a storyline and a backstory to it, with the rundown cop (glover) stalking a suspect who atually turns out to be a victim - everyone was victims in that game including that nurse guy who jigsaw made kidnap Gordons wife and daughter.

Jigsaws favourite torture method (the rotating limb rack) - that happened way too quick for anyone to release the young law/doctor student who ranover the son.

SelphieT
Can't wait to see this one, and see what the hell is going on with the series now that Amanda and Jigsaw are gone.

Discos
the head of the swat team gets jumped by the pigfaced wearing mask in a robe - maybe a flashback of amandas previous work for Jigsaw?

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Saw 5 has been announced.

JustCallMeRaven
I cant wait to see it! i loved the first 3!

justdecent
I want to see what sort of direction the series is going to turn to .. and also, to see some twisted new traps.

Ferkahhan
*giggles madly*
Ohh this film is going to be magical >:3

All the blood and gore
Who could ask for more?

WrathfulDwarf
Originally posted by justdecent
I want to see what sort of direction the series is going to turn to .. and also, to see some twisted new traps.

That's the direction this franchise is about. Setting up traps and whoever lives or dies is irrelevant. Because by the next Saw sequel...they'll be other twisted traps and other people and the cycle will continue till...oh, who knows? when people stop paying to see these films.

fruits
so Saw 4 wasn't horrible, but definitely my least favorite of the series....

Healing Artisan
still haven't seen Saw III. not expecting much from IV

fruits
you need to see Saw 3 before you see Saw 4...otherwise it won't make sense

Discos
18% Rotten rating from rottentomatoes?? suck my beels on that statistic.

This film was well good entertainment and its always good to get background history on our lovely Jigsaw....so thats how he turned to being the man to "open their eyes" and "see as I see".

Genius plot as usual, not so much sure about the actual outcome of the ending....iffy on that one. Riggs was dynamite and I loved the special agent guy, good character.

its also amazing when we find out that Saw4 events are actually taking place during Saw 3....3 and 4 are split screened bassicaly.
I actually feel sorry for Reinhart's daughter....but there was no need to shoot Reinhart anyway, he was just holding a saw?

Can't wait for 5th and 6th movies, this franchise just rocks and I am so glad they are releasing more.

Erm....I will have to re-read this thread again, but didnt someone say Jigsaw would be in the movies but their wouldnt be any flashbacks with him in it....pfft, ya sure.

Discos - 9/10

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Loved Saw 4. Can't wait until Saw 5 and 6 come out.

Healing Artisan
Originally posted by fruits
you need to see Saw 3 before you see Saw 4...otherwise it won't make sense never said i was going to watch saw IV.

barand1
Originally posted by fruits
so Saw 4 wasn't horrible, but definitely my least favorite of the series....

I agree. I think the acting was a little... well B-movie-ish than the others. That was the only problem that springs to mind at the moment.

pinkfloydkor
i cant believe how FVCKING AWESOME this movie was

i liked this one better than the first 3, definitely, it was awesome

and i love how i only have to wait 1 year for the next one

SelphieT
I liked it.

Wasn't the best out of all of them, but it was decent.

Some things were iffy, some things could have been changed.......

It's still a bit confusing, I think I might watch it again if I have the chance. Just to clarify things.

Micheal_Myers
Better than three, first two are still superior..

barand1
I remember liking two better than this one, although I haven't seen Saw II since it was at the cinemas.

SelphieT
Saw II and III were probably my favorite out of the four.

I really disliked the first, the acting was just terrible. And the fourth... I need to see it again. I found it quite confusing at times.

pinkfloydkor
Originally posted by SelphieT
Saw II and III were probably my favorite out of the four.

I really disliked the first, the acting was just terrible. And the fourth... I need to see it again. I found it quite confusing at times.

you are the first person ive heard liking the 2rd, but not the first

i liked the first and didnt like the the third very much at all

2nd and 4th were the best though IMO

SelphieT
Originally posted by pinkfloydkor
you are the first person ive heard liking the 2rd, but not the first

i liked the first and didnt like the the third very much at all

2nd and 4th were the best though IMO

Yeah, the first didn't exactly win me over. I liked the idea for the movie, and the dark feel, but the acting was just soo bad.

They all have their cheesy moments, but I thought the second one was just plain better.

pinkfloydkor
yeah me too

i think i am just used to bad acting, my favorite thing to do is sit around and watch shitty horror movies

those are the BEST

so now when i see anything else, it always seems like such great acting

Cory Chaos
I think 4 was decent. It's just solidifying the fact that people watch this franchise to see nifty traps and crazy twists, not so much a coherent storyline or decent acting.

Discos
ok lets stop giving our favourites of the series in order, I want to talk more about Saw 4.

Acting was a B-movie-ish? I dont agree there, if you are refering to the 2 special agents then I just think they were doing the whole good cop bad cop thing, acting was...well normal acting for me.

I dont think I will be seeing it again in the cinema, saw it jiust the once and I think I got the jist of the story.

Great movie none the less and the series just keeps getting more interesting everytime, great.

pinkfloydkor
I agree, acting was fine

and I also hate when people say that these movies have no storyline, people just go see them to see jigsaw's traps, which is not true at all. these movies have great plots and everything gets turned upside down every 10 minutes. It keeps you guessing, but you never do end up guessing it, its always a surprise

the only thing that I didnt like about saw IV was the Jeff guy, he was in the movie for less than 10 seconds, yet he was the main character in 3. And never in the movie did it say anything about his daughter, who is apparently trapped in one of jigsaw's games that Jeff was supposed to play, but he got shot immediately after hearing the tape. and no one else heard the tape. so where is his daughter? and who is going to save her?

kaztiyo
i got confused with the movie!

to be honest i got confused since the middle of the 3 rd one =, but i just got so see it once, then i saw IV and got even more confused, i dont even remmeber who is who and why and how i need to see the 3rd again then the fourth again i guess confused

tylerTOXICITY
Originally posted by BackFire
The first saw was passable. Terribly overrated, though. Ending is laughable, but as usualy it gets praise.

Second was the best in the series, I thought. Though again, the ending was shit.

Third was just total shit, a big steaming pile of nothing. Stupid movie.

WHY DOES EVERYBODY SAY THE 3RD ONE WAS SHIT.

i think there hasnt ever been a movie like this before it..

the franchise was great, and i cant ****ing wait for the 4th 5th AND 6th!

Discos
^^ valid point dudes, 3 was great...hell they were all great and I love them no matter what some critic may say. The plot does keep changing every 10minutes and its true you NEVER guess the ending (amanda being jigsaws apprentice....NEVER seen that coming).

Its true PINKFLOYDKOR, Jeff's daughter is left for good - that was one of my first points in my review, i really wanted to see what would have happened and the special agent had no right to shoot him when he didnt do shit wrong except listen to a tape and scream.

I loved it when Jeff popped up on the screen near the end and you seen a split screen of the 3 plots....Jeff's own story from Saw 3 merging into Saw 4----------

Discos - -------SWEET!!

U Neek
Originally posted by Discos
Its true PINKFLOYDKOR, Jeff's daughter is left for good - that was one of my first points in my review, i really wanted to see what would have happened and the special agent had no right to shoot him when he didnt do shit wrong except listen to a tape and scream.

Discos - -------SWEET!!

I'm pretty sure the special agent shot Jeff because Jeff was waving a gun at him and demanding to know where his daughter was. From the agent's point of view he probs thought his own life was in danger...

-U

BackFire
Shitty movie, they somehow keep getting worse and worse. I'm impressed that they were able to trounce the crappiness of the third one, though.

Evil Dead
I think the Saw movies are decent but I'm with Backfire on this one. Saw 4 just sucked.

BackFire
It was kinda neat when the fat rapist got his.

Otherwise, it was pretty blah.

regina414
The gorier the better for me.

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by pinkfloydkor
I agree, acting was fine

and I also hate when people say that these movies have no storyline, people just go see them to see jigsaw's traps, which is not true at all. these movies have great plots

surpriseshockinglaughing

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.