Michael Vicks public apology.....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Rogue Jedi
I saw this just now on ESPN. He was making a public apology about his involvement in the illegal dog fighting ring, and he actually said "I have found Christ."

Here's more:

http://cosmos.bcst.yahoo.com/up/player/popup/?rn=207187&cl=3859889&ch=207399&src=sports

Thoughts?

Shakyamunison
Ya, right. roll eyes (sarcastic) I think he is just trying to get sympathy.

botankus
He also admitted that he's always fantasized about beastility.

Rogue Jedi
"I found Christ."....hey, if someone does this, great. but when they say it to get sympathy, it sickens me.

DARKLORDCAEDUS
I didn't believe a word that dumb idiot was saying. Where was all this when he lied to the public. Vick deserves to be in prison for more than 18 months.

Rogue Jedi
dude is facing prison time and all people are concerned about is if he will play again.

Alpha Centauri
He's quite a good faker.

-AC

inimalist
Originally posted by botankus
He also admitted that he's always fantasized about beastility.

really?

is there an article about that?

Secretus
I'll shed a tear while I play Madden. **** him ..

botankus
Originally posted by inimalist
really?

is there an article about that?
No, but with the way this has been turned into a 3-ring circus, it sure seems like he has.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
"I found Christ."....hey, if someone does this, great. but when they say it to get sympathy, it sickens me. Doesn't excuse anything either way.

inimalist
No, but with the way this has been turned into a 3-ring circus, it sure seems like he has.

lol, I haven't been following it, I was afraid I had missed something good

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Bardock42
Doesn't excuse anything either way. agreed. dude did the crime, he should do the time.

inimalist
agreed. dude did the crime, he should do the time.

there are Christian groups who want David Berkowitz to be released because he has "found christ"...

I can't see why finding christ is relevant to dog fighting, but I am slow...

Rogue Jedi
Gods law is above mans law, no doubt, but while on this earth, mans law sometimes seems to supercede it.

Bardock42
Gods law is above mans law, no doubt, but while on this earth, mans law sometimes seems to supercede it. Well...I do doubt the first part, but we are together on the second, so good.

Rogue Jedi
I meant if you believed in god, B. like if we never catch the zodiac killer, he will be judged by god, if not already.

Kelly_Bean
An apology from that man should NOT be accepted by anyone. He is definately not sorry for anything he has done. He's a piece of sh*t.

Bardock42
Then again, I really don't see that much wrong with dogfights.

It's not like he...killed a person or anything...did he?Originally posted by Kelly_Bean
An apology from that man should NOT be accepted by anyone. He is definately not sorry for anything he has done. He's a piece of sh*t.

I know, you'd want him to be put in a cage with other criminals (preferably pedophiles) and then make them fight to the death.

Robtard
The only thing he's sorry about, is being caught. Let the man do his time; that will be that, he'll probably have a career after he gets out and a few years pass. The "finding Jesus" is irrelevant.

Anyone want to take bets, I think he'll convert to Islam while in prison.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Robtard
I think he'll convert to Islam while in prison. laughing

Strangelove
and he actually said "I have found Christ." People tend to do that when confronted with the reality that they're a monster.

He's bullshitting.

Kelly_Bean
Then again, I really don't see that much wrong with dogfights.

It's not like he...killed a person or anything...did he?

I know, you'd want him to be put in a cage with other criminals (preferably pedophiles) and then make them fight to the death.
He killed a LOT of dogs, even electrocuting them.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Kelly_Bean
He killed a LOT of dogs, even electrocuting them.

Did he put the videos on the web?Originally posted by Robtard
The only thing he's sorry about, is being caught. Let the man do his time; that will be that, he'll probably have a career after he gets out and a few years pass. The "finding Jesus" is irrelevant.

Anyone want to take bets, I think he'll convert to Islam while in prison.

Maybe Bob Dylan makes a song about him to stay in Prison.

Robtard
laughing

You on? Feeling lucky?

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Robtard
You on? Feeling lucky? feeling very....relaxed, dudarino.

Da Pittman
Just wish he would get a lot more time then he is getting, just a few months for what he was involved in and what they did is just a crime in itself. mad

Rogue Jedi
celebrities.

KidRock
That's nice he found christ..that means he will have some company while he rots in prison like the piece of shit that he is.

Kelly_Bean
Did he put the videos on the web?

Maybe Bob Dylan makes a song about him to stay in Prison.
Vick's guilty plea follows similar actions by his three co-defendants. Two of them pleaded guilty last Friday and said Vick financed gambling on dogfights at Vick's property in rural Virginia. One of them said Vick helped hang, drown and electrocute dogs that didn't perform well.

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=13754875

Rogue Jedi
damn.

Templares
Vick should have just played Pokemon if he want to torture animals.

Quiero Mota
Originally posted by KidRock
That's nice he found christ..that means he will have some company while he rots in prison like the piece of shit that he is.

He's only getting like 18 or 24 months.

Rogue Jedi
how serious is dogfighting anyway? I mean, its cruel and all, and I love dogs, but why is he being crucified?

probably something to do with lying to the NFL commissioner.

Czarina_Czarina
I don't agree with what he did. He doesn't have to apologize to me, but since I am part of the public, apology accepted.

If he found Christ or not, I can't speak for what was going on in his life during that time in the media, or how others would react in that same situation, taking away the "dog fighting" and replacing it with their personal vice that is found to be a big no-no.

I took a good look at him, I don't agree with what was done to the dogs. My best wishes is with him, as with the fact that he won't dog-fight anymore. If we did this to everybody who was in the "wrong" side of the argument, no matter what class, age, color, income, etc., would they find Jesus too? Not sure.

Again, I disagree with dog-fighting, and certainly NOT to be cruel to animals. I love pets and most domesticated animals/pets. And I cried when my gold-fish died of natural causes when I was alittle girl, so yeah, pets are close to our hearts, sometimes, moreso then a celeb or "man".

http://www.dulley.com/cards/sorry.jpg

Czarina_Czarina
http://images.google.com/images?q=apology+accepted&svnum=10&um=1&hl=en

Czarina_Czarina
Oh, and since he's found Jesus, he can now pray for all of the Christians who were killed during the Roman Empires gladiator's battle b/t

MAN vs BEAST

I don't know why people of power use it to inflict/display pain/hurt, hurt upon man or beasts or domesticated animals . Why?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Persecution_of_early_Christians_by_the_Romans

Either way, Vic was wrong, I don't watch football, but now I know his name, when before, I wouldn't have recognized his face.

I read this link to a book, the title sounds right, when we were in grade school, our history teacher asked us to do several things throughout life, one of them was to monitor our social behavior and weigh it against the Ancient Roman Empire. I remember (haha, she prob thought I wasn't listening!!!):

http://www.amazon.com/gp/reader/0472085689/ref=sib_dp_pt/105-8807188-7222020#reader-link

Life, Death, and Entertainment in the Roman Empire

Czarina_Czarina
I was always taught in grade school to ask myself "how far have we come?" with respect to the Ancient Roman Empire (as this is a Rome/Greek system, so we were asked to compare what has happened and how far we've come...basically, we were asked to be reflective):

http://www.legionxxiv.org/gladiatorarena/gladsculp1.jpg

Maybe it's spiritual (joke about self); or maybe this link would have helped (I'm being silly):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UCVlfTIOwaM

This video is dedicated to all of the beasts who died during that time, and R.I.P. to the poor gladitors who had no choice but to fight for the amusement of others .

Czarina_Czarina
In case someone misses the link, as it's easy to do with the stuff I parallel....football players are our modern day gladiators, in every abstract way. And yeah, what he did to his dogs, which he owned, was terrible, seems like he took the ancient Roman way, or at least his cousin?? (who was living in his home, wow, what a deal), and that would have been to pit beast-against-beast (which was only one of many combo, as it was often man-against-beast). And although our football players are paid well, in Ancient Roman times, those Gladitors were slaves, look back at the pic above, and look at those three men slaying the beasts, they weren't free, they were captives and forced to fight to entertain the public, like a feeding frensy:

Football players = (waterdown) Roman Gladitors

They are for our entertainment/amusement. R.I.P. to the poor gladitors who had no choice but to fight for the amusement of others. I wish they could FF their life and see the link about "liberty" and "SELF-OWNERSHIP".

Czarina_Czarina
I just realized that entertainers are our domesticated pets. People take ownership of what captures their imagination, and if that person gets too "high" or goes and pisses on our flower beds, we knock them down, in an abstract way, of course, as we aren't barbarics (no offense to any proud Germans).

I just realized why we (our culture) likes to see our heroes punished for being too "high", they literally do become like our beloved pets, we have virtual control over their own life, we feed them, and when they misbehave, we take away their food supply until they're corrected. In an abstract way, celebs are our pets, and people like domesticated pets b/c they are easier to control (as oppose to regular beasts of the fields).

So, we control our celebs, like pets, and when they piss on our flower beds, we take ownership of them.

Ironic. But, this thread just answered my question about the other thread (why people like to see others rise and fall).

That's why no one cares about B. Spears or W. Houston, they are like old pets that misbehaved too much, and besides, they're more cute ones coming along next.

Visit an adopted animal shelter, I actually pray for animals and pets, strange, but true, but I pray for strangers, politicians, bosses, co-workers as well. Odd, I know it.

TRH
hope they jail his ass for so long

Rogue Jedi
hope he drops the soap.

Czarina_Czarina
I just looked up "blood sports" such as cock fighting, bulls (spain

Czarina_Czarina
I just looked up "blood sports" such as cock fighting, bull fighting, etc.

I think most who empathize with the suffering of animals, don't need to see the link, but for those who may still need convincing, please read the link below, it's an old history, and done in various ways, and yes, our culture has to look at it's past and see if we are doing things more progressively:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blood_sport

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/2/24/Bull_attacks_matador.jpg/180px-Bull_attacks_matador.jpg

I can't agree with any of this:

Badger-baiting
Bear-baiting
Betta-fighting
Bull-baiting
Bullfighting
Cockfighting
Cock throwing
Cricket fighting
Dog fighting
Fox hunting
Gladiatoral spectacles
Hare coursing
Hog dogging
Human-baiting
Insect fighting
Rat baiting
Rat catching
Spider fighting

Czarina_Czarina
Originally posted by TRH
hope they jail his ass for so long

Have him take care of hurt animals, and I am very serious, esp. pit bulls. I don't believe in hitting a person or hurting a person, even if they are that way, plenty of men in history treated human beings like pit bulls, and they never got to go to jail for a long time or drop the soap. (and this is within the same race or opposite race).

The mind, if you really care about the mind, the mind behind the issue, not only for "Vic", but anyone charged with cruelty to animals, make them take care of the wounded UNTIL they are mentally sure that the care of animals are important, you can't put a sticker on when that could be, a month, a year, 10 years.

I just feel he should be in or around pit bulls and have to take care of them or nurse them. That makes the punishment fit the crime, imo.

Czarina_Czarina
man, why is it that i can almost hear him being hurt, it's so strange.

was this woman beat up? her picture shows it. what she did was wrong, with her kids and one dog (had dog chained in basement without food)...could they offer her counseling instead of punching her face? how does that help her children, even if she did the WRONG thing...1.17-1.19 to FF to the picture of her face bashed in, and look at 0.50 for her regular face, but how is beating her going to help her be a good parent. She can't own animals, but seemed like they beat her for the animal more then for her child, but how is beating her going to help her be a better mom?

http://video.nbc4.com/player/?id=148405#videoid=147337

Czarina_Czarina
the same emotion that i feel about not seeing an animal hurt is the SAME emotion i feel toward a human being, to hurt a human being for an animal/another human being....why would i hurt another human being for hurting another human being? apparently that person is sick and needs to have some mental changes, not physical violence, isn't violence the core issue in this? the violence or mistreatment of another LIFE.

Bardock42
Vick's guilty plea follows similar actions by his three co-defendants. Two of them pleaded guilty last Friday and said Vick financed gambling on dogfights at Vick's property in rural Virginia. One of them said Vick helped hang, drown and electrocute dogs that didn't perform well.

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=13754875

Yes, I meant, are the videos available to watch? eek!

Wow, two quintuple posts for Czarina, someone gonna ban crazy lady anytime soon?

Czarina_Czarina
I HATE WHAT VIC DID, i don't have to read B. response, anyone can tell i am not sticking up for "him", if this wasn't in the news, I wouldn't even know his face, I would know Imus's face b/4 Vics, why? b/c I caught his show many years ago, and I stood up for Imus b/c those ladies didn't know him, but that's my opinion, but that's the way it works, it has NOTHING to do with RACE or CLASS or PROFESSION, and I CAN'T GET THAT PASSED THICK HEADS.

i can careless about what a person does, as long as they aren't vilified or wrongly treated, and yes, that goes for animals too.

here's a great video about

EATING ANIMALS is ANIMAL CRUETY (according to the video):

http://www.chooseveg.com/animal-cruelty.asp

Bardock42
Originally posted by Czarina_Czarina

EATING ANIMALS is ANIMAL CRUETY

If that is true then the only logical conclusion is..........animal cruelty is alright. Yay. Lets beat up puppies.

Rogue Jedi

Wow, two quintuple posts for Czarina, someone gonna ban crazy lady anytime soon? what does her being a bit out there have to do with Vick and his crime/punishment?

Bardock42
what does her being a bit out there have to do with Vick and his crime/punishment?

N-nothing?

Rogue Jedi
N-nothing? then why comment on her mental state? if it means nothing, if it has nothing to do with the debate at all, why say anything at all?

Bardock42
then why comment on her mental state? if it means nothing, if it has nothing to do with the debate at all, why say anything at all?

Because she fills all threads with off-topic or tangent rants?

Rogue Jedi
Because she fills all threads with off-topic or tangent rants? and you consider this an invite to do the same?

Bardock42
and you consider this an invite to do the same?

I am not completely rambling on and on, in every thread, bringing my favourite topics in them, not saying anything of value in 5+ posts at a time. I am just pointing out that she is.

While we are at irony though, you are doing what I am doing, aren't you?

ragesRemorse
Dont care what happens to dogs as long as it isnt mine

PiruBlood
hell get off because dude makes alot of money. simple as that.

Rogue Jedi
I am not completely rambling on and on, in every thread, bringing my favourite topics in them, not saying anything of value in 5+ posts at a time. I am just pointing out that she is.

While we are at irony though, you are doing what I am doing, aren't you? nope, I am just calling you out as you so frequently do others. the only thing missing is me calling you an idiot.

cant take your own medicine? smile

Bardock42
nope, I am just calling you out as you so frequently do others. the only thing missing is me calling you an idiot.

cant take your own medicine? smile

Can, just pointing out the irony, like you tried to and failed.

You must understand that just because you say someone behaves one way they don't smile

By the way, still raping children?

Rogue Jedi
Can, just pointing out the irony, like you tried to and failed.

You must understand that just because you say someone behaves one way they don't smile

By the way, still raping children? did you just accuse me of raping a child? do you REALLY wanna go there? think long and hard, I think you might want to drop that line of thought.

Bardock42
did you just accuse me of raping a child? do you REALLY wanna go there? think long and hard, I think you might want to drop that line of thought. Nope, I just asked if you stopped doing it now smile

Rogue Jedi
Nope, I just asked if you stopped doing it now smile I have a certain amount of respect for KMCers, even a small amount for you, so I wont drag this into an open forum.

be thankful for that.

PiruBlood
Nope, I just asked if you stopped doing it now smile

bardock as you can tell your not liked so if i were you i would shut up and quit asking sick questions like that.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by PiruBlood
bardock as you can tell your not liked so if i were you i would shut up and quit asking sick questions like that. A and B conversation, man...C ya later. yes

Bardock42
I have a certain amount of respect for KMCers, even a small amount for you, so I wont drag this into an open forum.

be thankful for that. It was a joke, you didn't understand. What could you drag in public? I date a 15 year old, here, I said it, oh boy now I am ashamed.Originally posted by PiruBlood
bardock as you can tell your not liked so if i were you i would shut up and quit asking sick questions like that.

Haha, I am liked, thank you. Just not by some morons, I called morons, for being morons.

PiruBlood
It was a joke, you didn't understand. What could you drag in public? I date a 15 year old, here, I said it, oh boy now I am ashamed.

Haha, I am liked, thank you. Just not by some morons, I called morons, for being morons.

your how old and dated a 15 year old?

Bardock42
your how old and dated a 15 year old? 34

PiruBlood

your kidding right?

Bardock42
your kidding right? Yes.

So, Michael Vicks ****ed dogs in the butt I hear.

Rogue Jedi
your how old and dated a 15 year old? laughing

Bardock42
laughing Whatchu laughing about?

Rogue Jedi
Whatchu laughing about? what he said, he believed you. big grin

Bardock42
what he said, he believed you. big grin Well, I appear very wise.

Rogue Jedi
Well, I appear very wise. Wise? dunno. Wiseass? yessir. yes laughing

Rogue Jedi
Well, I appear very wise. wise? no....wiseass? yes.

Kelly_Bean

Wow, two quintuple posts for Czarina, someone gonna ban crazy lady anytime soon?
Oh you...spankyy

Bardock42
Wise? dunno. Wiseass? yessir. yes laughing Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
wise? no....wiseass? yes.

Well, at least we can rule out the "dunno" with you smileOriginally posted by Kelly_Bean
Oh you...spankyy

It's Quagmire.

Rogue Jedi
Well, at least we can rule out the "dunno" with you smile

It's Quagmire. did it double post? after the first post, my internet kicked me off and then back on, I thought it didnt post the first time.

oh well.

Bardock42
did it double post? after the first post, my internet kicked me off and then back on, I thought it didnt post the first time.

oh well. Yeah, stupid internet connections piss me off.

Rogue Jedi
Yeah, stupid internet connections piss me off. wireless...whadya gonna do? rape a child? stick out tongue

Bardock42
wireless...whadya gonna do? rape a child? stick out tongue No, no, you do it wrong. You have to imply it already happened.

Robtard
how serious is dogfighting anyway? I mean, its cruel and all, and I love dogs, but why is he being crucified?

probably something to do with lying to the NFL commissioner.

Not sure if someone answered you, Czarina started spamming with nonsense again; I'm too lazy to shift through it all.

The dogs viciously tear each other up, deaths are common, if the losing dog survives, he is usually put down because of the severe injuries. As noted in the stories, the dogs aren't often euthanized in a kind way, i.e. painless injection. They're drowned, electrocuted, burned, beaten etc. etc. etc.

Inspectah Deck
Originally posted by Secretus
I'll shed a tear while I play Madden. **** him ..

laughing

Kelly_Bean
Well, at least we can rule out the "dunno" with you smile

It's Quagmire.
shrug

Da Pittman

Kelly_Bean
Have him take care of hurt animals, and I am very serious, esp. pit bulls. I don't believe in hitting a person or hurting a person, even if they are that way, plenty of men in history treated human beings like pit bulls, and they never got to go to jail for a long time or drop the soap. (and this is within the same race or opposite race).

The mind, if you really care about the mind, the mind behind the issue, not only for "Vic", but anyone charged with cruelty to animals, make them take care of the wounded UNTIL they are mentally sure that the care of animals are important, you can't put a sticker on when that could be, a month, a year, 10 years.

I just feel he should be in or around pit bulls and have to take care of them or nurse them. That makes the punishment fit the crime, imo.
What a fantastic idea...NOT.

What will letting him anywhere near innocent animals to help them do for the things he's done to those pitbulls? I've been reading your posts and you seem to've forgave him right off the bat, like a snap of the fingers thing. roll eyes (sarcastic) And why post about 500 times in a row? Gosh.

Bardock42
What a fantastic idea...NOT.

What will letting him anywhere near innocent animals to help them do for the things he's done to those pitbulls? I've been reading your posts and you seem to've forgave him right off the bat, like a snap of the fingers thing. roll eyes (sarcastic) And why post about 500 times in a row? Gosh. He didn't really do anything to you. You don't have the right or ability to forgive him anyways.

And we should keep in mind that it was DOGS we are talking about.

botankus

He should be charged with impersonating an NFL quarterback.

Bardock42
He should be charged with impersonating an NFL quarterback. HA, thank you for this hilarious cultural reference slightly relating to the topic, humorous as ever. I thank you.

Robtard

botankus
HA, thank you for this hilarious cultural reference slightly relating to the topic, humorous as ever. I thank you.

So you don't agree that he often overthrows receivers, his scrambling ability isn't as effective as it was in 01-05, and has limited ability to win big games? ('04 no-show in NFC championship game is a prime example)

Bardock42
So you don't agree that he often overthrows receivers, his scrambling ability isn't as effective as it was in 01-05, and has limited ability to win big games? ('04 no-show in NFC championship game is a prime example) I really don't have an opinion on the subject. I just found what you said funny in a more metaphysical context.

You know, like with Comedians that make fun of people you don't know, it is still funny cause they do it well, and you can imagine people that are similar.

botankus
I really don't have an opinion on the subject. I just found what you said funny in a more metaphysical context.

You know, like with Comedians that make fun of people you don't know, it is still funny cause they do it well, and you can imagine people that are similar.

Well, I didn't read any of the thread and thought I'd throw in the funniest one-liner on the planet. That's all.

Kelly_Bean
He didn't really do anything to you. You don't have the right or ability to forgive him anyways.

Yes but Dogs are my favorite animals. In my opinion they have just as many feelings and thoughts as humans do, so I believe that as a person in this world, and a person who loves animals in general, I should have the right. And if I don't have the right, then neither should the people that convicted Michael of the crimes. I mean I'm not saying that you are wrong, because you are entitled to your own opinion..but I just think of if I were to put myself in the dog's place..

Bardock42
Yes but Dogs are my favorite animals.

Cool, humans are mine. Then tigers. And I also like walks in the park and romantic dinners in Italian restaurants.

In my opinion they have just as many feelings and thoughts as humans do

That's one of those opinions that is absolutely unfounded and often even contradicted by facts though, isn't it?

, so I believe that as a person in this world, and a person who loves animals in general, I should have the right.

Yeah, well, I suppose people can accept apologies for things that weren't done to them, so, you go ahead.

And if I don't have the right, then neither should the people that convicted Michael of the crimes.

Well, you know accepting apologies and punishing people are two different things, but as I said you may accept his apology, it's just odd.

I mean I'm not saying that you are wrong, because you are entitled to your own opinion

I could still be wrong.

..but I just think of if I were to put myself in the dog's place..

You wouldn't want to be killed, yes. But it is a dog. We should consider how much we rights we actually want to give animals that are not us and by what logic.

Kelly_Bean
Cool, humans are mine. Then tigers. And I also like walks in the park and romantic dinners in Italian restaurants.

That's one of those opinions that is absolutely unfounded and often even contradicted by facts though, isn't it?

Yeah, well, I suppose people can accept apologies for things that weren't done to them, so, you go ahead.

Well, you know accepting apologies and punishing people are two different things, but as I said you may accept his apology, it's just odd.

I could still be wrong.

You wouldn't want to be killed, yes. But it is a dog. We should consider how much we rights we actually want to give animals that are not us and by what logic.

I like tigers.
You could say that.
Of course I wouldn't want to be killed.

Bardock42
I like tigers.
You could say that.
Of course I wouldn't want to be killed. Well...I said...6 different things, you replied to 3, 2 of which are pretty clear, the last...I have no idea.

What do you want to happen to that guy anyways?

Da Pittman
What gets me is that the ref that was betting on games could get 25 years and he only getting like 18 months, seems something is VERY wrong there.

Robtard
Originally posted by Da Pittman
What gets me is that the ref that was betting on games could get 25 years and he only getting like 18 months, seems something is VERY wrong there.

There's probably a lot of "valid" legal reasons... but when it comes down to it, Vick is both extremely wealthy and famous; the other guy isn't.

Do you think if you killed your spouse and her lover, left evidence throughout the crime scene and had motivation for the crime, you'd walk free? Simpson did.

Kelly_Bean
Well...I said...6 different things, you replied to 3, 2 of which are pretty clear, the last...I have no idea.

What do you want to happen to that guy anyways?
I know. laughing out loud I was kind of...speechless..

I just think he should serve jail time, at least more than what they're sending him for.

Bardock42
I know. laughing out loud I was kind of...speechless..

I just think he should serve jail time, at least more than what they're sending him for. How much would you deem fair?

Rogue Jedi
He should be charged with impersonating an NFL quarterback. Vick wasnt a high caliber QB? are you high?

Kelly_Bean
How much would you deem fair?
Around 2-3 years.

Rogue Jedi
I'd say a year, in a MAXIMUM security prison.

Kelly_Bean
Reasonable.

Rogue Jedi
Reasonable. yes

Kelly_Bean
yes
WITHOUT all that special treatment like the stars that go to prison and get their TV's and all that stupid crap.

Rogue Jedi
WITHOUT all that special treatment like the stars that go to prison and get their TV's and all that stupid crap. thats why I said maximum security, you ditzy dame.

BackFire
2 years minimum, IMO.

He killed a bunch of dogs. He really shouldn't have done that.

Is it really that hard to not kill dogs?

Guy's a total dumbass.

Bardock42

Yeah, and make it known that he raped a child. I mean...he probably didn't, but that gets him the punishment he deserves.

Kelly_Bean
thats why I said maximum security, you ditzy dame.
Oh, well shit far, RJ, I don't know much about prison....do you?

Rogue Jedi
Oh, well shit far, RJ, I don't know much about prison....do you? afraid not.

Da Pittman

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Originally posted by BackFire
2 years minimum, IMO.

He killed a bunch of dogs. He really shouldn't have done that.

Is it really that hard to not kill dogs?

Guy's a total dumbass.

Thats not enough for him crimes. Had he told the truth months ago, he probably would've gotten less time. At least his football career is over.

Kelly_Bean
afraid not.
Wanna get locked in a cell with me?

Da Pittman

Czarina_Czarina
Yes but Dogs are my favorite animals. In my opinion they have just as many feelings and thoughts as humans do, so I believe that as a person in this world, and a person who loves animals in general, I should have the right. And if I don't have the right, then neither should the people that convicted Michael of the crimes. I mean I'm not saying that you are wrong, because you are entitled to your own opinion..but I just think of if I were to put myself in the dog's place..

Well, we typically don't have water roaches as pets, so, who cares what they are thinking, if they "think"...if you care anything about life at all, please donate funds to

"COCKROACHES OF THE SEA, CRUELTY TO ANIMALS: THE LOBSTER"

Lobster advocates are coming out in full force! (that part is a joke)

Justifiable Torture

Being boiled alive? My dad tried to make me eat that thing when I was like 5 or 6, and he knew very well that if I found out how it was cooked alive, I wouldn't eat it (I found out), haven't had taste for lobster and I hate the smell, and I worked my way through school at a restuarant that served up lobsters, I use to walk by them everyday, couldn't look'm in the eyes, knowing they were going to have a terrible time on earth. I am very serious when I state that I do NOT eat lobster, I don't judge people who do, but for me, I think it's cruel. I had a friend who wouldn't eat honey b/c of the fact that it takes the food from the bees causes them problems. i don't go that far.

http://www.gather.com/viewArticle.jsp?articleId=281474976751772

"It is being called an "innovative application of an anti-cruelty law usually affecting household pets""

A serious lawsuit, but the comments from us humans are kinda funny, but again, it's cruel to boil them alive.

http://forums.canadiancontent.net/news/46377-lobster-cruelty.html

Czarina_Czarina
"Little bald guy running a seafood store down the
way told me I could avoid the boiling scream by
nuking them for 6 minutes.

Three minutes and he was still knocking on the
microwave door."

"I bought a couple of ten pound lobsters last summer and when I put them in the pot they kept knocking the lid off, I beat them back into the pot with a wooden spoon. The dog got into the brawl and he was standing on his hind legs trying to get the lobsters out of the pot. It was utter mayham. Finally my brother-in-law put a brick on the lid, those poor lobster went down fighting. With a little lemon and melted butter they were yummy."

embarrasment

http://forums.canadiancontent.net/news/46377-lobster-cruelty.html under comments. Think of what we do to FISH....

Czarina_Czarina
"I like taking the rubber bands off of the claws and letting them play on the kitchen floor with the cat....

Nuking a Lobster? I would think the meat would explode inside the shell? I guess not if you liked it, unless you wanted a pulp for a dip?

I like slowly sliding them tail first into the pot so I can look them dead in the eye when committing the bastardly deed!"

I hope they are just joking.

Czarina_Czarina
sorry for so many posts:

the two sides of lobster liberation movement, PETA vs Consumers

http://www.lobsterlib.com/

http://www.consumerfreedom.com/news_detail.cfm?headline=2743

• Lobsters can attain a high degree of associative learning and can make distinctions about their environment. They can learn to associate certain chemical signals with punishments and others with rewards.
• Lobsters have memories. They explore new environments but not ones that they’ve previously explored. They form stable social hierarchies, and they can remember and recognize individuals whom they have fought with in the past.
• Lobsters can make generalizations. They can associate an individual odor with a mixture that contains it, perhaps using higher-order processing such as “configural discrimination,” which means that they can discern that a combination is not the same thing as the sum of its parts.
• Measurements of brain activity in the closely related crayfish show that their brains respond differently to interesting or irrelevant objects. Their brains also show “expectation,” which in humans is considered to be a sign of higher mental processing, associated with conscious experiences.
• Lobsters subjected to harmful events, such as electric shocks, respond similarly to the way that mammals react to pain. Experiments on crustaceans commonly assume that electric shocks are painful and use them as aversive stimuli.
• The nervous systems of lobsters and crabs produce opioids, which in mammals are chemicals that mediate pain. They also possess opioid receptors, which appear to function the same way as in other animals. Studies in crabs show that their defensive reaction to electric shocks or to being struck is reduced by morphine, that this effect is dose-dependent, and that the effect can be counteracted by naloxone, an opioid antagonist, as is also the case in mammals. It is implausible that lobsters would have pain-mediating chemicals and receptors and respond to painkillers just as other animals do if they could not feel pain.

"...last year a contingent from the terrorist Animal Liberation Front (ALF) snuck into the parking lot of a Chicago seafood distributor and cut the four brake lines on all but two of the company's 40-truck fleet. That attack endangered not only live lobsters, but also the human drivers -- not that PETA makes any distinction.

PETA's official position on attacks like this one is best summed up by PETA president Ingrid Newkirk, who has told the New York Daily News: "I will be the last person to condemn ALF."

Imperial_Samura
PETA's official position on attacks like this one is best summed up by PETA president Ingrid Newkirk, who has told the New York Daily News: "I will be the last person to condemn ALF."

But he eats cats for god's sake. Doesn't that mean anything? Won't someone think of the cats?

Sorry, couldn't help myself.

They don't scream, they don't have the parts necessary to. The sound is air escaping from the carapace/shell.

Bardock42
Hahaha, cause there was this TV show. Haha.

SpearofDestiny
I saw this just now on ESPN. He was making a public apology about his involvement in the illegal dog fighting ring, and he actually said "I have found Christ."

Here's more:

http://cosmos.bcst.yahoo.com/up/player/popup/?rn=207187&cl=3859889&ch=207399&src=sports

Thoughts?

Why the hell is he apologizing to us ?

No amount of fans forgiving him will alleviate him of what he did to the dogs. Why doesn't he apologize to the dogs he killed ?

Mr Parker
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
Ya, right. roll eyes (sarcastic) I think he is just trying to get sympathy.

yeah its so obvious.yeah like he's really going to change his ways.yeah right. roll eyes (sarcastic) any atlanta falcons fan that forgives him is a disgrace to the human race.

Mr Parker
Originally posted by SpearofDestiny

No amount of fans forgiving him will alleviate him of what he did to the dogs. Why doesn't he apologize to the dogs he killed ?

exactly.yeah he's a grown man,he's not a bit sorry,such a liar.

inimalist

-Lobsters can attain a high degree of associative learning and can make distinctions about their environment. They can learn to associate certain chemical signals with punishments and others with rewards.

-Lobsters can make generalizations. They can associate an individual odor with a mixture that contains it, perhaps using higher-order processing such as configural discrimination,? which means that they can discern that a combination is not the same thing as the sum of its parts.

-Measurements of brain activity in the closely related crayfish show that their brains respond differently to interesting or irrelevant objects. Their brains also show expectation which in humans is considered to be a sign of higher mental processing, associated with conscious experiences.

-Lobsters subjected to harmful events, such as electric shocks, respond similarly to the way that mammals react to pain. Experiments on crustaceans commonly assume that electric shocks are painful and use them as aversive stimuli.

-The nervous systems of lobsters and crabs produce opioids, which in mammals are chemicals that mediate pain. They also possess opioid receptors, which appear to function the same way as in other animals. Studies in crabs show that their defensive reaction to electric shocks or to being struck is reduced by morphine, that this effect is dose-dependent, and that the effect can be counteracted by naloxone, an opioid antagonist, as is also the case in mammals. It is implausible that lobsters would have pain-mediating chemicals and receptors and respond to painkillers just as other animals do if they could not feel pain.

insects have all of these...

none of them are very impressive and are essentially the way all nervous systems work

not to mention that the many of these things have been observed in organisms like bacteria

oh, and pain is subjective and cannot be measured in any empirical sense. Opioid receptor activation can be used to measure certain things, but not the experience of pain. There is no way to measure the experience of pain as it is entirely subjective.

chithappens

Humans don't care about "animals." laughing

Bardock42

No amount of fans forgiving him will alleviate him of what he did to the dogs. Why doesn't he apologize to the dogs he killed ? Partly because they are dead I assume.

Oh right...also because they are ****ING DOGS!!!!

BackFire
Partly because they are dead I assume.

I fail to see your point.

Czarina_Czarina
Originally posted by inimalist
insects have all of these...

none of them are very impressive and are essentially the way all nervous systems work

not to mention that the many of these things have been observed in organisms like bacteria

oh, and pain is subjective and cannot be measured in any empirical sense. Opioid receptor activation can be used to measure certain things, but not the experience of pain. There is no way to measure the experience of pain as it is entirely subjective.

It's not only the subject of pain, as the issue with dog fighting, it's also the issue of humanity and compasion for life.

Devil King
I fail to see your point.

I think it was, seeing as how they're dogs, the apology would be a waste of time. Oh, and they're dead.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Devil King
I think it was, seeing as how they're dogs, the apology would be a waste of time. Oh, and they're dead. Something along the lines.

BackFire
Don't follow.

Doesn't make sense.

Hey Bardock. It's nice that you have a picture of yourself and your baby sister in your Avatar.

Bardock42
Don't follow.

Doesn't make sense.

Hey Bardock. It's nice that you have a picture of yourself and your baby sister in your Avatar.
I like that of yours in your avatar too happy

BackFire
It's just me.

Bardock42
It's just me.

Calling your sister ugly, are you?

Czarina_Czarina
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T5xRj9bMjLA

wanted to share this same one here too, as animal lovers would love this you tube.

Dreamt
Why the **** are all of you pretending to care?

chithappens
Originally posted by Dreamt
Why the **** are all of you pretending to care?

that applies to soooooo many situations

SpearofDestiny

That's actually Bardock in the avatar ?

Bardock42
That's actually Bardock in the avatar ?

Y-yes

SpearofDestiny
Partly because they are dead I assume.

You can't separate sarcasm from literalism ? erm

SpearofDestiny
Y-yes

oh wow

chithappens
whats the oh wow 4

Bardock42
You can't separate sarcasm from literalism ? erm

I was just continuing to make a joke. Not interfering with your in essence good point.Originally posted by SpearofDestiny
oh wow

Wow? Elaborate.

SpearofDestiny
I was just continuing to make a joke. Not interfering with your in essence good point.

Oh ok, my apologies then.

Wow? Elaborate.

nvmd--cute sister

chithappens
What happened to being gay LOL

Bardock42

nvmd--cute sister

It's my girlfriend.

SpearofDestiny