The Ultimates (Official Thread)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SnakeEyes
Couldn't really find any official thread to talk about anything related to this series, so I went ahead and made one.

I just finished reading the "Grand Theft America" story-arc and my God, was it awesome. The word "epic" comes to mind.

Anyway, talk about the series here; favorite story, character, etc.

GO!

SnazzySmurph
In Harry Potter #7, how did Dumbledore defeat Grindelwald in a duel if G had the Elder Wand?

SnakeEyes
Um, I think you posted in the wrong thread buddy.

Anyway, discuss the topic people!

willRules
Excellent, probably one of if not my favourite comic story lines ever!!!!!! eek!

Cap = Jerk and badass
Quicksilver = weird but badass
Nick Fury= Samuel Jackson/badass
Hawkeye = Badass, badass

Best line of the series is when Jarvis walks in on Tony and Natasha enjoying each others company after being sent to get an Ostrich egg. He says;

"I couldn't find any Ostrich eggs sir. However I did find a regular egg and a rather good magnifying glass."

I also loved the whole allegories and symbolism thing going on. There were numerous references to the war in Iraq with the super humans being deployed in the middle east. The crises there also provided the opportunity for Millar to present Thor as a Messianic figure with the whole question of is he a Norse God or a Mental Patient?

Great, great series. Highly recommended to anyone both Ultimates Vol 1 and 2 yes

willRules
Originally posted by SnazzySmurph
In Harry Potter #7, how did Dumbledore defeat Grindelwald in a duel if G had the Elder Wand?

Because he's that good. yes Dumbledore's the most powerful wizard yes

SnazzySmurph
Originally posted by SnakeEyes
Um, I think you posted in the wrong thread buddy.

Anyway, discuss the topic people! No I didn't.

I was curious at the time, and there weren't any responses.

I'm a cheeky bugger. 313Originally posted by willRules
Because he's that good. yes Dumbledore's the most powerful wizard yes Inexcusable!

I demand rationality.

willRules
umm, it was....magic?

Dumbledore's a badass, the sooner everyone reaches that realisation, the sooner you can understand why he pwns everyone yes

SnazzySmurph
Originally posted by willRules
umm, it was....magic?

Dumbledore's a badass, the sooner everyone reaches that realisation, the sooner you can understand why he pwns everyone yes Silly me for anticipating a logical answer.

Simply because, Dumbledore > Logic.

Huzzah!

willRules
yes

SnakeEyes
If you guys could not talk about Harry Potter, it'd be much appreciated.

willRules
Sorry. embarrasment

I thought Ultimates was fantastic. My only criticism is the creative team joining vol 3. However as not even one issue has come out yet, I reserve judgement for now..........

SnazzySmurph
I was supporting Ultimates 3, but when Spidey and Wolvy were shown in the previews (iirc), I'll admit, it threw me for a loop.

So now I have mixed feelings, but it could still be good.

SevenShackles
ultimates.. ultimates 3 seems like it might be abit of a dissapointment, it just seems to being pulled into becoming more like mainstream marvel which sucks. it seems like its getting of track, moving from its more serious and realistic feel to something else. for fuk sake cap has little wing emblems on the side of his head?! WHY?! thor looks more like his 616 counterpart but for fuksake why change his hammer? that battle Axe-hammer hybrid was so cool, but they go right back to the rock mallet. its a shame really. hawkeye looks interesting but why is scarlet witch in that damn headress? what happen to the functional wear and cool outfits? i understand they left shield and it has a two year gap from last we seen them but WTF. sucks but it feels more like Ulti 3 is a stepping stone to an x-men event given the roster of villians. that ultimatum event right? between x-men and fantastic four. eh.

am interested as to blackpanther and his purpose, assuming he isnt just a blackguy in a suit and is like his 616 counterpart.

hope its better than it seems.

what does anybody else think?
did i even put this in the right thread? lol

SevenShackles
http://fc02.deviantart.com/fs22/f/2007/314/9/a/ULTIMATES_3___PREVIEW_ISSUE_2_by_liquidology.jpg
Preview issue2

http://fc01.deviantart.com/fs22/f/2007/324/2/c/ULTIMATES_3___COVER_ISSUE_3_by_liquidology.jpg
Cover issue 3
http://fc02.deviantart.com/fs19/f/2007/289/3/a/ULTIMATES_3___COVER_ISSUE_2_by_liquidology.jpg
Cover issue 2

http://fc05.deviantart.com/fs22/f/2007/313/c/b/ULTIMATES_3___DP_PREVIEW_by_liquidology.jpg

http://fc02.deviantart.com/fs22/f/2007/313/9/2/ULTIMATES_3___PREVIEW_by_liquidology.jpghttp://fc01.deviantart.com/fs23/f/2007/313/2/4/ULTIMATES_3___PREVIEW_A_by_liquidology.jpg
http://fc05.deviantart.com/fs22/f/2007/313/2/d/ULTIMATES_3___PREVIEW_B_by_liquidology.jpghttp://fc02.deviantart.com/fs23/f/2007/313/a/f/ULTIMATES_3_PREVIEW_by_liquidology.jpg
http://fc02.deviantart.com/fs20/f/2007/287/c/f/ULTIMATES_3__PREVIEW_by_liquidology.jpg
Preview from issue #1

Val
Did Thor KO himself in the 4th pic?

SevenShackles
Originally posted by Val
Did Thor KO himself in the 4th pic?

as pathetic as it might seem he + Ultron bots both got taken out by VENOM.. he might come back to finish the fight but honestly, since when can ANY version of venom do that to ANY version of Thor? its pathetic. they make ulti thor looks like such a pussy sometimes. its sad

its a sad day when black panther can do more with a few punches than thor can.

Ozone
Originally posted by SevenShackles
http://fc05.deviantart.com/fs22/f/2007/313/c/b/ULTIMATES_3___DP_PREVIEW_by_liquidology.jpg

http://fc02.deviantart.com/fs22/f/2007/313/9/2/ULTIMATES_3___PREVIEW_by_liquidology.jpghttp://fc01.deviantart.com/fs23/f/2007/313/2/4/ULTIMATES_3___PREVIEW_A_by_liquidology.jpg
http://fc05.deviantart.com/fs22/f/2007/313/2/d/ULTIMATES_3___PREVIEW_B_by_liquidology.jpghttp://fc02.deviantart.com/fs23/f/2007/313/a/f/ULTIMATES_3_PREVIEW_by_liquidology.jpg
http://fc02.deviantart.com/fs20/f/2007/287/c/f/ULTIMATES_3__PREVIEW_by_liquidology.jpg
Preview from issue #1

smile Venom looks awesome in those pictures.

llagrok
He KO'd Thor with his tongue...

B.A
Panther is Darkhawk.

There were rumors about it but he just gives off the DH feel.

Ozone
Originally posted by llagrok
He KO'd Thor with his tongue...

I'm not surprised because his tongue is very strong.

Darth Vicious
Im a big fan of Joe Mad so thats pretty much reason for me to get it. Hopefully the storyline aint bad.

King_Mungi
Well Scarlet Witch gets killed at the end

B.A
How do you know.

I wish you had said a bit of what that spoiler was about. I wasn't sure what it was whether it a preview or anything. Try a description next time.

llagrok
Originally posted by B.A
How do you know.

I wish you had said a bit of what that spoiler was about. I wasn't sure what it was whether it a preview or anything. Try a description next time.

Be quiet A.J

King_Mungi
Originally posted by B.A
How do you know.

Read the issue, happens at the end and she gets hit from a modified sniper bullet which blasted through Quicksilver's hand and hit Wanda

endrict
ultimates.. ultimates 3 seems like it might be abit of a dissapointment, it just seems to being pulled into becoming more like mainstream marvel which sucks. it seems like its getting of track, moving from its more serious and realistic feel to something else. for fuk sake cap has little wing emblems on the side of his head?! WHY?! thor looks more like his 616 counterpart but for fuksake why change his hammer? that battle Axe-hammer hybrid was so cool, but they go right back to the rock mallet. its a shame really. hawkeye looks interesting but why is scarlet witch in that damn headress? what happen to the functional wear and cool outfits? i understand they left shield and it has a two year gap from last we seen them but WTF. sucks but it feels more like Ulti 3 is a stepping stone to an x-men event given the roster of villians. that ultimatum event right? between x-men and fantastic four. eh.

am interested as to blackpanther and his purpose, assuming he isnt just a blackguy in a suit and is like his 616 counterpart.

I am felling yah Seven.

I am iffy about this run and doubt it can be as good as Millar and Hitch's. I am still getting it though.

SevenShackles
Originally posted by endrict
I am felling yah Seven.

I am iffy about this run and doubt it can be as good as Millar and Hitch's. I am still getting it though.

lol thanks, the art seems worth a look if not anything else.
sadly i dont think i could stop myself from buying them even if i tried.
laughing out loud i got so into Ultimates and ultimates2 i just cant/couldnt overlook it..

B.A
Be quiet A.J Silence whore!! mad

B.A
Originally posted by King_Mungi
Read the issue, happens at the end and she gets hit from a modified sniper bullet which blasted through Quicksilver's hand and hit Wanda Its out? mad

SevenShackles
Originally posted by B.A
Its out? mad

only issue 1. came out on the 5th.
i have no idea who the hell this guy knows what he knows and if its even true, but id like to see it happen just for the fact of her wearing that stupid ass headress. evil face

KK the Great
This first Loeb issue was one of the worst single issues of a comic book I've ever had the displeasure of reading.

Soljer
Wow.

Ultimates and Ultimates 2? Great!

Ultimates 3? sick.

endrict
As soon as I saw Loeb on this, I knew this might be the down fall but I still haven't picked up my copy yet, Then I will for sure pass judgement.

roughrider
I will wait for some more issues first, but still...
The art is...different...
Did Venom find the Gem Of Cyttorak to hit Thor like that? What the f**k?
And it looks like a true version of Valkyrie has shown up, yes?

Ultimates 1 & 2 was one of the best reads I ever had. I hope the drop off isn't going to be too big, but...

KK the Great
Originally posted by roughrider
And it looks like a true version of Valkyrie has shown up, yes?

This one still seems to be the fangirl from Millar's run, only now she has powers.

emporerpants
hawkeye alone ruined it for me.

roughrider
Originally posted by emporerpants
hawkeye alone ruined it for me.

If there's a change here I don't mind, it's Hawkeye. Arrows out of guns rather than a longbow makes a bit more sense. And he's wearing something to help his vision.

endrict
I just picked it up today and read it....WTF is this crap?

WTF happend to Hawkeye?

The hole story so far is crap sick

The art is alright.

KK the Great
If you pick this up expecting to find the same characters you read about in Millar's run, prepare to be let down.

Darth Vicious
The art was great as I expected. The story, meh! I hope the whole story doesnt revolve around Wanda alone.

endrict
I knew what the roster was.

grey fox
I found the art to be as terrible as the storyline.

endrict
Originally posted by grey fox
I found the art to be as terrible as the storyline.

it's ok, but could have used a better artist to make up for the crappy story.

Where's Wolverine or some of the other heroes, I didn't see him but only on the cover.

KK the Great
it's ok, but could have used a better artist to make up for the crappy story.

Where's Wolverine or some of the other heroes, I didn't see him but only on the cover.

I think was happened was Mad made a poster of the Ultimate universe awhile back, and then they realized it would take him four months to draw an actual cover, so they just slapped this on instead. It has no relation to the contents of the issue.

emporerpants
what i don't like about hawkeye is his new personality. cliche hardass bullshit.

endrict
Originally posted by KK the Great
I think was happened was Mad made a poster of the Ultimate universe awhile back, and then they realized it would take him four months to draw an actual cover, so they just slapped this on instead. It has no relation to the contents of the issue.

So false advertisement?

NiņoAraņa
that was really really bad.

no expression

roughrider
Has Loeb just lost his talent completely? He's drawn more flack than any writer the past three years or so. More than Bendis(his talent is intact, but he's not for everyone.)

SevenShackles
wait.. hawkeye is in that crap to improve his eyesight?! or some crap? what made him so badass is he didnt need any help. with a BOW he could do what others couldnt dream of doing with more advanced weapons and 'improved' upon abilities. that sucks. i can deal with the outfit, maybe night vision aspect, but nothing else. the guns for the bow? fine it actually seems like the only sort of nod to the realisim of the last two. him trading in his bow for more lethal, more modern weapons, a change of personality and outlook after the death of his family seems like a must. but this.. wtf?!

wolverine comes in in like issue 3, looks like the savage lands. i posted the cover art before. i think it will suck if he falls into the ultimates like he did the new avengers. >=/

honestly? i like the painted feel, the color job on this is pretty cool, the rest leaves abit to be desired.

JasonK4

SevenShackles
this is pretty much just going to be Ultimates vs The Brotherhood or some crap, which sucks =/.

youd think cap would lighten up abit more to our 'new ways' after a few years and its just not funny anymore.. or atleast not when its done by the guys workin on Ulti3 =_=;

that valk chick is most likely that young girl thor was with in ultimates 2. somehow someway given godly powers so she can stick by her man or w/e. eh atleast she isnt calling herself thunderstrike >_>; venom is.. gone.. wtf? only thing i found interesting in the villian lineup taken out. yay O_o

JasonK4
this is pretty much just going to be Ultimates vs The Brotherhood or some crap, which sucks =/.

youd think cap would lighten up abit more to our 'new ways' after a few years and its just not funny anymore.. or atleast not when its done by the guys workin on Ulti3 =_=;

that valk chick is most likely that young girl thor was with in ultimates 2. somehow someway given godly powers so she can stick by her man or w/e. eh atleast she isnt calling herself thunderstrike >_>; venom is.. gone.. wtf? only thing i found interesting in the villian lineup taken out. yay O_o
What about they part when Wasp claimed Quicksilver and Wanda were in love?

ermm

KK the Great
Originally posted by JasonK4
Co-signed.

And wtf is up with Cap telling Wanda to wear something less revealing?

He's from the WWII generation, so he's repressed, and Loeb isn't very good at showing things like that through subtlety.

endrict
Originally posted by JasonK4
What about they part when Wasp claimed Quicksilver and Wanda were in love?

ermm

I know EH! WTF?

endrict
Has Loeb just lost his talent completely? He's drawn more flack than any writer the past three years or so. More than Bendis(his talent is intact, but he's not for everyone.)

Only in teh comics, look on the bright side!! it looks like he hasn't fu@ked up Heroes yet.

Accel
http://img529.imageshack.us/img529/6889/ultimates3au0.th.jpg

no expression

Mr. Slippyfist
Really good start. smile

They should have put Loeb on a bigger event though IMO. erm
Anyway, I can see this story appealing the young, and the old.
How didn't stuff like this get written in comics earlier? Loeb is such a genius.
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/comic/Ultimates31002.jpg
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/comic/Ultimates31014.jpg

ermm
*worst shit I've ever read/seen in a comic... ever! no expression*

Martian_mind

I mean,dear god.

SevenShackles
at least thor isnt a total pussy O_o... a sucker punch to justify an actual fight but he freakin fried Venom. better than gettin his ass handed to him by colossus.

emporerpants
yeah, it did seem rather strange that wasp was so accepting of incest....

Mr.Biscuits
Incest?

no expression

Erik-Lensherr
This issue was ..

Um ..

Yeah ..

no expression

emporerpants
yeah, incest. quicksilver and scarlet witch are brother and sister. do the math. the look on wasps face almost made it seem like she thought it was something beautiful. horrifying.

Alfheim

Dont you think you should write and complain then?

SevenShackles
Originally posted by Alfheim
Dont you think you should write and complain then?

are you being a smart ass? lol. doubt it would make a diff.

well maybe its a mutant thing, they had a society with their own rules. magneto isn't stupid im sure he noticed and obviously it isn't an issue with him so maybe its acceptable for mutants to screw their brothers and sisters O_o

Mr.Biscuits
yeah, incest. quicksilver and scarlet witch are brother and sister. do the math. the look on wasps face almost made it seem like she thought it was something beautiful. horrifying.
I know,I was just you know like "Incest? wtf..." .biscuits

roughrider
yeah, it did seem rather strange that wasp was so accepting of incest....

And when did she stop being Asian? Or did she give it up for lent? roll eyes (sarcastic)

emporerpants
lol, yeah

grey fox
Ok , so let's count down.....

1. The arts shitty, sorry Joe Mad but I've seen better stuff on DA. This shit is too shiny, too curvy and just not right for this kind of comic. If it was on Ultimate X-men or Ult Spidey, maybe. Not The Ultimates however.

2. Loeb can't write for shit. Any intricacies or hidden dephs pre-created have pretty much been torn apart by Loebs sloppy writing, get his ass off Ultimates and back on Heroes.

3. Characters have suddenly changed with no explanation in the slightest.. Race,Age and Personalities have been altered for pointless drama.

I am highly disappointed. I think Marvel will be as well when Sales figures begin dropping rapidly.

llagrok
Let me know if any of you want me to PM you the scans.

roughrider
What's interesting is, Ultimates was supposed to be a monthly when it started; the excessive delays by Bryan Hitch to finish turned it into a series of limited series, really. Even after Millar & Hitch have departed, though, Marvel has decided to keep going this way. Five issues for Ultimates 3, who knows how many for 4.
Whatever the quality, does this schedule work for people, in some way? Does it make every issue seem more precious, and not just the latest monthly check-in?

llagrok
The quality's going to start deceasing in accordance with the number of issues.

KK the Great
And when did she stop being Asian? Or did she give it up for lent? roll eyes (sarcastic)

To be fair, Loeb did have her speaking in Engrish.

http://img99.imageshack.us/img99/5913/ultimateloeb1lj4.jpg

Any idea what the words was Loeb was trying write is?

Tommy05
Crappy. Best word for it.

I did find the bit funny where she was trying to tell Cap how they love each other. That's whats funny about Ult. cap. He doesn't understand all the little details.

llagrok
The freaky part was the look on Wasp's face when she told him. Suddenly she looked like an anime character and her look was all

"I wish my brother had ****ed me in the *******!"

Mr. Ree
An excellent comic. Lot's of deviance. Well done Marvel!!! thumb up

grey fox
The freaky part was the look on Wasp's face when she told him. Suddenly she looked like an anime character and her look was all

That'd be Joe Mad.

Mr. Ree

And that's bad in a comic because?

Tommy05
Originally posted by Mr. Ree
And that's bad in a comic because?

Its bad because most people want interesting story's, not incest ones.

HueyFreeman
Ok , so let's count down.....

1. The arts shitty, sorry Joe Mad but I've seen better stuff on DA. This shit is too shiny, too curvy and just not right for this kind of comic. If it was on Ultimate X-men or Ult Spidey, maybe. Not The Ultimates however.

2. Loeb can't write for shit. Any intricacies or hidden dephs pre-created have pretty much been torn apart by Loebs sloppy writing, get his ass off Ultimates and back on Heroes.

3. Characters have suddenly changed with no explanation in the slightest.. Race,Age and Personalities have been altered for pointless drama.

I am highly disappointed. I think Marvel will be as well when Sales figures begin dropping rapidly. Ever read Loeb's interview where he states "I know not everyone likes my style but I know the types of people that think this and I didn't write the book for them". laughing

Mr. Ree
Originally posted by Tommy05
Its bad because most people want interesting story's, not incest ones.

Incest is more interesting than most slug fests.

willRules
Incest, fun for all the family yes

GGS

well maybe its a mutant thing, they had a society with their own rules. magneto isn't stupid im sure he noticed and obviously it isn't an issue with him so maybe its acceptable for mutants to screw their brothers and sisters O_o

Your probably right there dude some wacko thing like Magneto and them wanting to keep the mutant bloodline pure. Like loads of royal families used to practice incest for that same reason.

Mr. Ree
Incest, fun for all the family yes

If Wanda were my sister i'd bang her.

willRules
sick

Mr. Ree
sick

Come on, you know you'd hi her like the fistof an angry god.

Tommy05
Your sick.

Erik-Lensherr
He's just a troll.

A failed one.

And most likely a sock.

Tommy05
A what?

Erik-Lensherr
A what?

Sock.

And I have a feeling it's yours.

Scoobless
I feel dirty after reading that .... it's like Ultimates was this great girl and Ultimates V3 was her slutty little sister, why did I read this drivel and mind-cheat on the Ultimates ... why'd ya make me do it Loeb? why???

sad

Seriously though let's go through this in order:

Venom isn't even someone who should be known by name ... last sighting had Spider-Man disposing of him in a smoke stack ... and he never had the white Spider-logo, so why is no-one surprised when he shows up?

As already mentioned, Hawkeye is a walking tough guy cliche.

Wasp isn't Asian anymore.

Valkyrie's speech seems to be stuck in the early 90's (much like the books artwork/costume design/storytelling style)

Thor's broken old-english is painful to read ... either have him speak in old-english or don't, just stop the mix + match style ffs.

Why the hell is the Wasp running the team when Cap is still around?

Cap is starting to look like Hulk-lite, I'm surprised he can fit through doors to get to team meetings.

Wasp somehow has gained the unexplained ability to manifest her wings at full height.

Don Blake seems to appear near the end.... there's never been any hint of Thor having a human identity so far and frankly I hope he doesn't acquire one now.

All in all it just looks like the creative picked up a couple of early 90s Avengers comics, tweaked the costumes, added in a little more violence and sent it off to the printers.

Ultimates V3 #1 earns a whopping 2 out of 10 from me (and that 2 is only because it came out reasonably quickly)

Tommy05
Originally posted by Erik-Lensherr
Sock.

And I have a feeling it's yours. What? messed

llagrok
If Wanda was my sister i'd bang her.

willRules
Originally posted by Scoobless
I feel dirty after reading that .... it's like Ultimates was this great girl and Ultimates V3 was her slutty little sister, why did I read this drivel and mind-cheat on the Ultimates ... why'd ya make me do it Loeb? why???

sad

Venom isn't even someone who should be known by name ... last sighting had Spider-Man disposing of him in a smoke stack ... and he never had the white Spider-logo, so why is no-one surprised when he shows up?

Valkyrie's speech seems to be stuck in the early 90's (much like the books artwork/costume design/storytelling style)

Thor's broken old-english is painful to read ... either have him speak in old-english or don't, just stop the mix + match style ffs.

Cap is starting to look like Hulk-lite, I'm surprised he can fit through doors to get to team meetings.

Wasp somehow has gained the unexplained ability to manifest her wings at full height.

Don Blake seems to appear near the end.... there's never been any hint of Thor having a human identity so far and frankly I hope he doesn't acquire one now.

All in all it just looks like the creative picked up a couple of early 90s Avengers comics, tweaked the costumes, added in a little more violence and sent it off to the printers.

Ultimates V3 #1 earns a whopping 2 out of 10 from me (and that 2 is only because it came out reasonably quickly)

You forgot to mention that Thor's hammer randomly changed yes

Scoobless
D'oh, I knew I missed a few things out ... I remember seeing the new hammer on a released artwork preview a week or so ago and wondering why it had changed.

endrict
D'oh, I knew I missed a few things out ... I remember seeing the new hammer on a released artwork preview a week or so ago and wondering why it had changed.

Because the new team of Loeb and Mad sucks, also they can't make up their mind.

endrict
Is there a site we can write a complaint?

endrict
What? messed

Get outta here sock.

Tommy05
Get outta here sock. What?

I am asking the mod to kindly tell you to stop with the rudeness.

Mr. Ree
I feel dirty after reading that .... it's like Ultimates was this great girl and Ultimates V3 was her slutty little sister

Yes, but the slutty sister gives it all on the first date.
Especially if she is scottish. Even the guys don't wear underoos there.

Tommy05
Yes, but the slutty sister gives it all on the first date.
Especially if she is scottish. Even the guys don't wear underoos there. Now I am annoyed.

Scottish girls are awesome. AWESOME. miffed

Mr. Ree

Scottish girls are awesome. AWESOME. miffed

Especially the slutty ones?

Tommy05
Especially the slutty ones?

I wont even bother. Your obviously a very sad lonely person who gets off on annoying people. Had it done so much to you it has become a turn on I suspect.

Mr. Ree
I wont even bother. Your obviously a very sad lonely person who gets off on annoying people. Had it done so much to you it has become a turn on I suspect.

What?

Tommy05
Enough spam.

How is this going to work with Ultimate Spiderman and the rest?

Mr. Ree
Enough

spam.

Never my friend smile

KK the Great

sad

http://img509.imageshack.us/img509/7859/ultimateloebai4.jpg

NiņoAraņa
http://img509.imageshack.us/img509/7859/ultimateloebai4.jpg win.

Erik-Lensherr
http://img509.imageshack.us/img509/7859/ultimateloebai4.jpg thumb up

grey fox
Incest is more interesting than most slug fests.

The Forbidden Fruit angle can be found all over the Internet and it's seediest of dens. I doubt we need it in American Comics.

grey fox
http://img509.imageshack.us/img509/7859/ultimateloebai4.jpg

Who did this ? laughing

KK the Great
I did.

Well, Loeb wrote the first few panels of embarrassingly bald exposition, but I filled in all the stuff he forgot about.

llagrok
Awesome

grey fox
I did.

Well, Loeb wrote the first few panels of embarrassingly bald exposition, but I filled in all the stuff he forgot about.

Do the whole comic KK !

KK the Great
I was thinking about it.

I usually go one step further and photoshop the characters into different characters if I'm going to do a comic take on an issue.

Soljer
thumb up Hilarious. Consider me one more hoping you do more than that single page.

GGS
Man that was more enjoyable to read than the actual issue lol.

endrict
I did.

They should hire you instead of Loeb.

NiņoAraņa

Do the whole comic KK ! seconded...or thirded...or something lol.

Tommy05
I would rather read another page of that than another issue of Ultimates.

KK the Great
Alright. I'm doing the whole issue.

NiņoAraņa
Alright. I'm doing the whole issue. Woo! yes

Tharg
I did.

I would say your efforts were excellent. Please continue if you are able to maintain the satirical quality.

endrict
Alright. I'm doing the whole issue.

Still 2.99 right?

KK the Great
Originally posted by Tharg
I would say your efforts were excellent. Please continue if you are able to maintain the satirical quality.

That's my main concern. It's not as easy it you would think to satirize something that already reads like self-parody.

willRules
I can't wait to read this parody, KK it sounds really cool big grin

SevenShackles
haha i brought life into this thread. yay.

okay honestly, i read in an interview somewhere this is 2 years later, it pisses me off we most likely lost 2 years worth of action, possibly with new re imagined super villains like kang and others and are stuck with re-used brotherhood mutants and venom one shot. its retard.

BTW someone mentioned Venom just RE-appearing. well carnage and venom are supposed to show up in an arc some time later on i herd in the ulti spiderman comic and this happens after that so your questions about venom, how he came back, why he is called Venom, and why he has the white spider symbol, might be answered in the actual spiderman comic.

all the character development is lost. in Grand Theft America Quicksilvers characters was a sarcastic wise ass, he remind me off my gay friends on how he would drop little comments. never really getting angry. black widow pretty much said his sister dressed like a **** and he just commented on how ugly she was in her dress, something bout her ankles. yet cap says something out of concern given his oldie sensibility and he flips? thats bullshit. not to mention his speed downgrade.

before he moved so fast everything around him froze, even bullets. but now he has to push himself to catch a magic bullet, aimed at the one person he cares for?

not to mention he referred to the ultimates as being his friends, showing concern and actually development in the overall relationship of the team. it opened the door for better interaction. but now he is just back to being a anti-social sister fuker =/

cap would of grown into the new age at least a little by now so those gags are retarded.

hawkeye is..wtf.. in ultimates 2 he seemed to deal better with his families death than now. how long after?! i liked the comments "Darth maul &^&%^&#%" and that shit but now he is just stupid.

this seems like Ultimates Earth-2 or something. this isnt the same people and someone should of stopped this ******* before this shit got printed.

i just hope they get someone capable to maybe fill in the gaps or do ultimates 4. this guy is shitting on something wonderful. true shame.

dragging in spiderman and wolverine be it just for the story arc is retarded. i much rather see new characters pop up than those idiots stumble their way into another comic

nice to have a place to complain =_=

grey fox
Hawkeyes mask is awesome. That's just about it. Everything else in Ultimates #3 sucks.

Speaking of Hawkeye though he's pretty much become another Grifter rip-off, as if there already isn't ENOUGH of them.

roughrider
I suppose Hawkeye's new look and his increased anti-social attitude, is because he's still grieving over the murder of his whole family the last arc. He's looking to die in combat right now.

Blight
Originally posted by SnazzySmurph
In Harry Potter #7, how did Dumbledore defeat Grindelwald in a duel if G had the Elder Wand? Well now we know it was cause he's gay, smurph. They were lovers and Obviously Grindelwald couldn't see past that. Dumbledore could.

SevenShackles
humm hawkeye needs a friend =/

the roster is new, some consider it odd, and with the addition to wolverine and spiderman , stupid. so i have a question.

WHO would you want to see in this or the next ultimates roster lineup?
either reappearances of other characters, or characters featured in other ultimate comics or ultimized versions of characters yet to appear.

id like to see Captain Marvel as a member, maybe falcon helping out, or even an advanced ultron playing the role of 616 vision on the team, which itself could be a build up to an evil Ultron arc.

past team rosters~

roster 1- Wasp, Captain America, ironman, Thor, giantman

roster 2- Wasp, Captain America, Ironman, Thor, Hulk, Quicksilver, black widow, hawkeye, scarlet witch

roster 3 Wasp Captain America, Ironman, thor, giantman, wolverine, spiderman, the panther , hawkeye, quicksilver, scarlet witch ,Valkyrie

comeon give me your idea =D
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/6/6d/Ultimate_Captain_Marvel.jpg/399px-Ultimate_Captain_Marvel.jpg

willRules
I like the current rooster, I just don't like any of the changes made to them (especially Hawkeye's costume sick )

SevenShackles
I like the current rooster, I just don't like any of the changes made to them (especially Hawkeye's costume sick )

if he didnt have that bullseye on his head it would look much better, not to mention his attitude, it makes it where you dont even wanna like him for anything. that big ol 'H' on his chest just seems so misplaced. in the ultimates i think only cap can get away with something like that.

i sorta like giantman being the oddman out. he is a dick and i liked to see him be pushed away from the team even when he showed himself to be useful.

Estacado
So Venom died?ermm

endrict
Well it looks like they are going to fight The Brotherhood....meh.

KK the Great
This takes longer than I was expecting, and it is finals week for me.

I'll post the first couple of pages just to hold you over until I can get to the rest.

http://img142.imageshack.us/img142/6072/002lf2.jpg
http://img259.imageshack.us/img259/8875/003004smallyt9.jpg

SaintSmurph
In Soviet Russia, Iron Mans You.

crylaugh

Bad Ash231
Venom has the Spider symbol on his chest?

Could the Ultimate Spider-Man video game be canon? O__o

HueyFreeman
Originally posted by Bad Ash231
Venom has the Spider symbol on his chest?

Could the Ultimate Spider-Man video game be canon? O__o Wouldn't brock still be in there when turned to mush. Everything seems 616 rip off like. I think its just Loeb not paying attention.

Estacado
Also when did U Thor's hammer look like the one 616 has?

grey fox
Originally posted by SaintSmurph
In Soviet Russia, Iron Mans You.

crylaugh

Awesome.

I only just noticed , is BW giving Stark a BJ in the fourth panel ?

Seems a little too pg13 even for ultimates.

SevenShackles
lol its like were all in a constant cycle of bitching bout the same things, ulti3 better do something right in the next 4 issues or this is going to suck.

awesome crap in those pages =P

hope ulti bettle is canon in some fashion, i liked him from the ulti spiderman game.

like i said venom and carnage are supposed to come back in the comics and blah blah blah =/ and this takes place after that. plus with all these changes to make it seem more like 616 why are you even surprised?

they should take this guy out back and blow his brains out.

who do you think they should of gotten to do ultimates3? story and art

also herd spiderman comes in next issue and the ultimates arnt all to happy with him taggin along or w/e... yeah =/ such a great twist. this all seems just so..so.. crappy.. does anyone go over these concepts in marvel before letting them get put down on paper? honestly would anyone greenlight this shit writting and character design is they gave it atleast half the attention ulti3 deserves?

Mr. Slippyfist
You just noticed?

I noticed that as soon as I flipped through the comic!

Larceny
This sucked.... the art was ok....

grey fox
Originally posted by Larceny
This sucked.... the art was ok....

I think we just clarified that BW was the only thing sucking wink

Newjak
I think we just clarified that BW was the only thing sucking wink laughing

roughrider
Awesome.

Seems a little too pg13 even for ultimates.

I looked closely - her mouth is not around anything, and Tony's torso is a few inches away from her face. There's a body part in the way, but it's possible she's giving him a HJ at that moment.

(Goes to take a hot, clean shower)

endrict
I looked closely - her mouth is not around anything, and Tony's torso is a few inches away from her face. There's a body part in the way, but it's possible she's giving him a HJ at that moment.

(Goes to take a hot, clean shower)

Maybe he's a mushroom man?

willRules
I love the fact that the parodied issue being made is far superior to the actual issue itself big grin

grey fox
I love the fact that the parodied issue being made is far superior to the actual issue itself big grin

Most Parodied ones are.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>