Twilight Series

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

.Dance_Inside.
http://www.stepheniemeyer.com/twilight.html

Pretty much there's a girl named Bella Swan and she falls in love with a Vampire named Edward Cullen. He loves her too, but he also wants to kill her, because her blood is very temping to him. He is a 'vegetarian' vampire, who only feasts on animals. Bella is the only human, he's ever wanted to kill. He's also completely in love with her. He tries to stay away from her, by trying to switch classes. He he ends up saving her from being crushed by a truck. She finds out he's a vampire. and so on. A lot of action, drama and romance.

Also if you LOVE Twilight, you must read the sequels New Moon and Eclipse!

Azure
I've always wanted to read these books, but I just never got around to it. sad it sounds pretty good.

.Dance_Inside.
Well, you should read them. they're excellent!

bajovie
i just finished reading eclipse and i thought oh maybe there is something on kmc and there is!!!

i love these books so so so so so so much.
they and harry potter draw for best books ive ever read adn ive read a lot of books.

i am going to marry edward.

Azure
I like hott vampires, so I AM going to read these books....when I get a chance!

liraelle
hey,
twilight's my fav! of all the three, i mean.
edward is total walking sex. <3
who can compare!
"i'll be back so soon you won't have time to miss me.
take care of my heart, i've left it with you."

mrs edward cullen! <3

bajovie
edward is SO CUTE AND SWEET
and i love everything
but i cant pick a favourite.

and hey, im mrs edward cullen
i am natalie cullen

Korosan
I been thinking of reading this book but idk...its not like one of those cheesy romance books is it? by cheesy I mean like a cheesy romantic comedy movie but has a more serious story.

.Dance_Inside.
nope!
It's not cheesy at all.

liraelle
bella is mean, torturing a werewolf and a vampire simultaneously.
i think edward is perfect.
but i think jacob's nice. i like his warmth. very much.
"all of my ten best nights have happened after i met you."

.Dance_Inside.
ohhhhh man
I love when he says that!

EDWARD = love

ummm

I really don't like Jacob.
He's all wrong for Bella, in a romantic sense. I mean I liked when they were just friends, now he had to screw everything up and make her choose!

ARGGG!
Edward is clearly better, and she obviously loves him way more. He's more than just a drug to her. I hated when Jacob said that, it was like he was implying that she didn't really love Edward, and that she was just addicted to him, because he is a vampire...
UGH
Jacob has no idea of the amount of love that Edward and Bella have for one another. It is way stronger than the love she feels for Jacob! GAH

Jacob Black pisses me off.

ok I'm done my rant.

~Forever*Alone~
i knew this would be here.

i never heard of the series before, and as soon as my sister introduced them to me i thought, omg not another vampire...

havent started yet, but im thinking about it

~Forever*Alone~
okay i read them, they are awsome! i love edward!!!

so has annyone heard about the fourth book?

chillmeistergen
Sounds abysmal.

~Forever*Alone~
you are entitled to your opinion.

usually i dont like female authors, but theres exceptions to some rules.

chillmeistergen
There are plenty of good female authors, as long as they're not from the romantic era.

Mo Hayder, for example is a very good author. She doesn't write books about vampires falling in love though, thank God.

~Forever*Alone~
they are making a movie if it....

it might have been said already....

darthivader
I made this Edward manip, with Tom Sturridge in it yay!

Ok, I guess my madness isn't completely over.

Azure
I finished the series, and I love 'em!

AC/DC'S_LVR
omfg!!!!i effin love these books im holding them hostage from my klibrary till i get my own copies i love em so much!!!it took forever for my friends in book club to convince me to pick em up and read em and i cant put em down!!!i constantly cried during new moon and im goin crazy for breaking dawn to come out aug. 2 2008 PLUS!!!! the twilight movie comes out dec. 12 2008 w/ robert patinson as edward
http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k20/CoolChixRocToGreenDay/pattinson.jpg
^this dude
although in my humble opinion i think it should be played by
http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l126/scrubboy13/CM-Gubler.jpg
^Matthew Gray Gubler drooliodrooliodroolio
and bella will be played by
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a75/i_am_a_limecat/kristen_stewart_1173995493.jpg
^kristen stewart

Paola
I've read Twilight and I consider it a romantic novel... vampires are not supposed to be that good and kind... but you fall in love with Edward indeed

Because I can
Originally posted by Paola
I've read Twilight and I consider it a romantic novel... vampires are not supposed to be that good and kind... but you fall in love with Edward indeed
yeah its a pretty cheesy and predictable book but very good and mindless stick out tongue

Shaggs
Would you look at that.. the book that turned vampires from ruthless killers, to sun resistant pussies. 'Tis a sad day in monster lore.

Bat Dude
Originally posted by Shaggs
Would you look at that.. the book that turned vampires from ruthless killers, to sun resistant pussies. 'Tis a sad day in monster lore.

I agree... But the girls at school love it, so I don't talk bad about it...

But vampires are supposed to be ruthless, badass killers, like you said... Not falling in love and being like Edward (God, every girl loves this guy, and he's a FICTIONAL CHARACTER... He's not real, ladies)

AC/DC'S_LVR
i finally got my copy of Breking Dawn back from a friend and just finished it. the blonde jokes just never get old laughing out loud

Shaggs
Originally posted by Bat Dude
I agree... But the girls at school love it, so I don't talk bad about it...

But vampires are supposed to be ruthless, badass killers, like you said... Not falling in love and being like Edward (God, every girl loves this guy, and he's a FICTIONAL CHARACTER... He's not real, ladies)

I miss the old days, back when the sun KILLED vampires. Actually, Twilight can't be about vampires, since vampires have been in ancient history. Deviating from the acient lore basically makes them a new type of creature, but not vampires.

spidergrl
I've read all 4 and loved all 4. No one can beat the first one - The first book in every series seems to make that lasting impact on the rest of the series. The 2 one was interesting to see what the power of love can actually do to someone, or destroy someone in this case - Not my fav, as I do like those happy endings to be honest. Then comes the 4th and then 3rd.

Are you guys aware that you can actually read the first 12 chapters of the 5th on Stephanie's website. Someone leaked them on the internet which has made her not want to continue finishing the story, so shes posted what shes done on her website

AC/DC'S_LVR
i cant wait for Midnight Sun!!! yay

spidergrl
She said that she doesn't know if she's going to finish it - let alone publish it

AC/DC'S_LVR
Originally posted by spidergrl
She said that she doesn't know if she's going to finish it - let alone publish it
its already been posted on her sight that its gonna come out late spring to early summer next year

fini
Phew, let that be true.

Whispermeadow
I've never read these books, but I heard they're REALLY good. Are they? I want to read them, but are they any good???

Whispermeadow
The guy is really ugly, jsyk(Just So You Know)and i have never read this series.

AC/DC'S_LVR
i didnt like hoe in the movie Edward always seemed angry (i.e. when hes confessing his love for Bella in the "Medow" sequence and hes basically growling at her the entire scene)

and also how Bella had the SAME EXACT face/voice the ENTIRE film
Examples:
http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa2/razerwire_freak/BS2.jpg
^v see?
http://i334.photobucket.com/albums/m430/Bitter-Sweet-Gal/kristen-stewart_l.jpg
and:
http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm302/stephanielovejoseph/edward.jpg
^v *rawr*
http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g122/dancelover2193/Edward.jpg

Ramdomlaughing out loud
http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p5/littlelvr/kay/z159976443.gif

Sanctuary
I just started Breaking dawn. I hate it. haer]mm Can't continue reading.
Her getting pregnant was a reeeeally stupid way to go IMO. =.= The "wedding" was bad enough. and all the "no sex before marriage" BS, with her begging him.. and ughhh. I stopped after that.
The rest of the book I had already predicted in my head anyways, I knew Jacob would imprint on the baby (soooo stupid)
I liked Twilight, didn't really like New Moon.. and I Eclipse was okay. They were written kinda badly, I found them ..childish, but very addictive. haermm

Kelly_Bean
Never read it, won't read it, won't see the movie.

http://i360.photobucket.com/albums/oo42/PeterSteele_Freak/53478d5d1eee14d34ef34ddc518dfc69.gif

donna.xii
I totally love twilight tooo. im now reading it!
heres are my twilight siggy

enjoy. you can use it as long as you credit me! smile

AC/DC'S_LVR
i still say the movie sucks bawlz but one of my friends liies it and has seen it like 3 times now

i couldnt even stand to watxh it once facepalm

Bardock42
Originally posted by Shaggs
I miss the old days, back when the sun KILLED vampires. Actually, Twilight can't be about vampires, since vampires have been in ancient history. Deviating from the acient lore basically makes them a new type of creature, but not vampires.

Dude...where have you been the last 60 years?

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/OurVampiresAreDifferent

Howard Beale
The movie was unintentionally hilarious and rather entertaining, albeit very poorly executed. However the series is very sweet romantic fun, quite entertaining. Although the 1st and 3rd are considerably better than the 2nd and 4th. I love the first 400 pages of the 4th but then it gets dull.
As for the 2nd, no matter how cool he is Jacob is just NOT Edward; who we all know totally makes this series what it is.

busyreader
Was discussing this on bookarmy recently, it was the monthly debate on there....is it a good thing that everyone is reading the same "trashy" novels, rather that than stabbing each other eh? Or is it lowering the standards of children?

For me it's a little bit of both, highly dependent on the reader - some should be aiming higher, for some twilight is absolutely perfect!

AC/DC'S_LVR
i find it ABSOLUTELY perfect, but i like the series
the only "trashy" thing about it would probably be in Breaking Dawn when Bella and Edward were doin it on the island
what lowers the standards of children is the crappy tv shows Nicelodeon and disney keep shitting out every month

leonheartmm
hehe,

Geass
My brother read the first 116 pages out of Twilight(He always try's to read at least 100 pages before deciding to give up on it)He gave up on it.He said that it didn't have enough fighting in it.I'll read it once the Vampires start acting like the Vampire from Blade.

Trogdor 64
FLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAME!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I hate these books

Geass
Awful book,awful Author.Stephen king is right,She can't write worth a damn.

black_goku#1
i honestly loved the series...thats hard to admit

the idea was so stupid and girlie but god was it done so well!! i fished the whole series in less than a week like four and a half days

the charecters a;ll revolved around each other so well it was just good. she is not the best author yet but she is new and just starting.

and she has done a marvelous job frankly. ppl love twilight so she cant be that bad of an author. steven king is not that great his ides get repative and old and most of his books are just one you decide you really dont feel like reading right now. he can write really well. but that doesnt mean the stories are all good. the mist yummy love it! dark tower quite good the shining... alright not too bad...the secret window...wait am i reading te shining?? thats how it is for me

Jaeh.is.Awesome
Originally posted by Geass
Awful book,awful Author.Stephen king is right,She can't write worth a damn.

Stephen King is most definitely right.
awful book. awful movie too. awful everything. could probably be fixed with a major revamp (pun not intended >>.) , like fixing the vampires to actually be vulnerable, make bella less annoying, etc.

no offense to fans.

ArtificialGlory
I believe that Twilight is the worst thing to ever happen to literature since Harry Potter.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Geass
My brother read the first 116 pages out of Twilight(He always try's to read at least 100 pages before deciding to give up on it)He gave up on it.He said that it didn't have enough fighting in it.I'll read it once the Vampires start acting like the Vampire from Blade. ...not enough fighting, that's weird.

What does he read? Novelizations of Michael Bay movies?

Geass
http://i454.photobucket.com/albums/qq263/Sabu935/Hellsing/Team_Alucard_by_MyLoversKitten.jpg

I just had to bump this.

Prince Nauj
ever since the emo girls and some cough boys made these books super famous im over them. plus breaking dawn was horrible.

That ACDC Chick
i still like to read the books once in a while but im not ga ga for it like the wannabes who only began to like it after the godaweful movie came out

rader
I feel the same way about twilight and harry potter as books as I do about transformers and gi Joe as movies. It signifies a break down in society. And about Stephen King, did he really trash twilight? He's my favorite author, due to The Dark Tower, and I thought my respect for him couldn't go up any more. Apparently I was wrong.

Jaeh.is.Awesome

FinalAnswer
Twilight is quite possibly the worst piece of literature I have ever had the misfortune of reading.

I have read fanfics better written then Twilight.

srsly

Jaeh.is.Awesome
Originally posted by FinalAnswer
Twilight is quite possibly the worst piece of literature I have ever had the misfortune of reading.

I have read fanfics better written then Twilight.

srsly

agreed.

coolmovies
Do the movies do justice to the books or they miss stuff out like HP ?

Jaeh.is.Awesome
the movies don't do justice to the books (not that, in my opinion, there is anything to do justice to). the actors act like cardboard, the cinematography's meh, there isn't any chemistry, etc....

imo.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Jaeh.is.Awesome
the movies don't do justice to the books (not that, in my opinion, there is anything to do justice to). the actors act like cardboard, the cinematography's meh, there isn't any chemistry, etc....

imo. And that's different in the book?

Jaeh.is.Awesome
Originally posted by Bardock42
And that's different in the book?

come to think of it, they were spot on...

That ACDC Chick
at least in the books, you can imagine emotions on the characters faces instead of having to stare at the unmoving features the actors have awesrug
plus you can imagine Edward as being hot and Jacob looking a lot less annoying

lord xyz
There is so much wrong with this book.

Like, how is Edward aloud to drive a car? What does his driver's license say? Age: 119?

What does Forks even look like? Stephanie, I mean, Bella only describes it as boring and typical.

Bardock42
Originally posted by lord xyz
There is so much wrong with this book.

Like, how is Edward aloud to drive a car? What does his driver's license say? Age: 119?

What does Forks even look like? Stephanie, I mean, Bella only describes it as boring and typical.

Well, you can drive without a driver's licence, they might just risk it. Or they get fake ones...who knows.

What I find weirder is that they still go to high school. Who in their right mind would do that. Spend a hundred years of your live going to high school...hearing the same thing over and over again. Here's an idea, next time you move to a new place.....pretend you are 18...

Jaeh.is.Awesome
Originally posted by That ACDC Chick
at least in the books, you can imagine emotions on the characters faces instead of having to stare at the unmoving features the actors have awesrug
plus you can imagine Edward as being hot and Jacob looking a lot less annoying

read it. sorry, dearie, but I'm not fond of the description. >.< It's so cardbourd cut-out-ish and I don't find Edward attractive. >.< glitter's supposed to be only on artwork, sorry.

and Jacob's actors on parodies are way hotter. heh.

high school sucks. wth wrong with these old people. >>

That ACDC Chick
i found this article talking about Twilight's writing style
it's pretty funny
http://www.npr.org/blogs/monkeysee/2010/03/the_writing_style_of_twilight.html?sc=fb&cc=fp

as a writer, i have to admit that what Meyer came up with was possibly a good idea when she wrote it down, or as i recall, she dreamt it up, but when it came time to print, she failed on such an epic level to deliver a well written product

im thinking of re-reading these again to remind myself cause its been nearly a year and half since i last read them mhmm

Skittle
Sparkles?!
For real?
Hahah.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Bardock42
What I find weirder is that they still go to high school. Who in their right mind would do that. Spend a hundred years of your live going to high school...hearing the same thing over and over again. Here's an idea, next time you move to a new place.....pretend you are 18...

Prolly laws and suspicions.

Some places require "check-ins" n'stuff if you homeschool.

Also, Carlisle is trying to keep as much suspicion off of them as possible: if they integrate, they will be considered normal. If they don't, they will be considered introverted and that will cause people to get curious. They don't need curious.

They can say they are 18, sure...but they would create suspicion by staying at home when they should be in college.

However, it comes down to 2 things: integrate and cast off suspicion or not integrate and say they are lazy 18 and 19 year olds.

Which one creates the easier to use backdrop for a romantic encounter for seeming highschool students?

Exactly.

I would prefer that latter, myself, as a "discovery" adventure on Bella's part would be much better than being forced to sit next to him on the first day. maybe...she got bored and started wondering about and stumbled about the vamps and almost dies, second chapter, beacuse Edward wantd her goodies? Sounds like a better story, to me.

Clone
I think twilight was well written

dadudemon
Originally posted by Clone
I think twilight was well written

Plot? Sure. Prose? Not a chance.

Clone
Well i like her style of writing

Alyssa Abyss
Agreed.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.