New Civil War

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

JasonK4
http://comics.ign.com/articles/816/816291p1.html

messed

SnazzySmurph
I'm guessing that the Cap in that picture is probably the one coming to the future from the 1940's.

Is that supposed to be Cloak?

I don't see Spider-Man... which is strange.

Who's the guy at the center bottom beside Thing?

Battlehammer
wait capt from the past comes to the future?

King_Mungi
My money it's a "what if: Captain America won" story.

Lucid Lui
Originally posted by King_Mungi
Yeah, that's what i'm thinking too.

SnazzySmurph
My money it's a "what if: Captain America won" story. Perhaps, but we see very few New Avengers there... I would think we'd see more from Cap's side.

Battlehammer
dam it

DigiMark007
Crossover with Worldstorm and Final Crisis.

Believe it.

no expression

Battlehammer
Originally posted by DigiMark007
Crossover with Worldstorm and Final Crisis.

Believe it.

no expression
no way.

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Originally posted by JasonK4
http://comics.ign.com/articles/816/816291p1.html

messed

Civil War part duex. The first one rocked. This one will be great.

grey fox

How could he 'win' though...

JasonK4
Originally posted by grey fox
How could he 'win' though...
By not surrendering, and continuing to bash Stark Iron-man with his shield.

llagrok
Probably a what if class.

grey fox
Originally posted by JasonK4
By not surrendering, and continuing to bash Stark Iron-man with his shield.

Yeah but smashing Starks fascistic skull into pulp may be satisfying, but it 'aint gonna magically make the Registration act disappear. It's legal now (and If I guess right, it's probably part of the Marvel-verse constitution)

JasonK4
Yeah but smashing Starks fascistic skull into pulp may be satisfying, but it 'aint gonna magically make the Registration act disappear. It's legal now (and If I guess right, it's probably part of the Marvel-verse constitution)
That's true.

jumpmann
Already confirmed to be a what if.

willRules
It could be the new Cap. yes I think I read somewhere that Brubaker was planning on having someone new hold the shield by issue 30 something (34?) yes

jumpmann

Priest
oh god, sentinels roll eyes (sarcastic)

Evil_Ash
Originally posted by Priest
oh god, sentinels roll eyes (sarcastic)

The true heroes of the Marvel universe.

Priest
Originally posted by Evil_Ash
The true heroes of the Marvel universe.

co-signed

destroy the muties 131

ExodusCloak
Eh Capt was a Skrull what? Doesn't make sense for it to be a whole new crossover with the Skrull think round the corner. It must be a What if.

grey fox
Originally posted by Priest
co-signed

destroy the muties 131

Co-signed.

Sentinels could be SO much more awesome though if they ditched the horrid purple and flesh paint scheme. hell f*ck the whole design and go with something from Japan.

Preferably the Russian models (I believe they were stealth sentinels, jet black and looked awesome) or use the O.N.E set that looked like Evangelions.

ScarletSpider
Some of the O.N.E. sentinels have started to look promising, but they do nothing to make them into characters. After the mini-series Marvel just ditched the whole idea and have them stand around Xavier's. Lame.

The guy next to Thing is Wonder Man. That is Cloak. And Cable's in there next to the sentinels. Probably a what if, though if it's something mainstream, it looks badass.

DigiMark007
co-signed.

Destroy the muties.

no expression

llagrok
Originally posted by DigiMark007
co-signed.

Destroy the muties.

no expression

Destroy emo-man instead.

Co-signed.

Sentinels could be SO much more awesome though if they ditched the horrid purple and flesh paint scheme. hell f*ck the whole design and go with something from Japan.

Preferably the Russian models (I believe they were stealth sentinels, jet black and looked awesome) or use the O.N.E set that looked like Evangelions.

I think the "Iron man copy" in Ultimates looked pretty decent. The red ultimate version of the Russian something. Russian Dynamo?

Validus
Would Marvel even bother hyping a What If book? Does anyone read those anyway?

willRules
I predict that the what if will show the anti-reg's winning and result in one of the other government initiatives (possibly the one that involved the sentinels monitoring everyone). This way not only can Marvel save Iron-man's rep by showing how the world is screwed up by the anti-reg victory but can also boost their sells by having something Civil War related yes

SnazzySmurph
It would work better as an exiles-type-dealie story, instead of a What-If.

King_Mungi
Originally posted by Validus
Would Marvel even bother hyping a What If book? Does anyone read those anyway?

Yeah they recently did a what if for basically all the major events recently even House of M, Spider-Man Others, Spider-Man black costime, etc. They have been spewing out a lot of what if books lately.

grey fox
Great , I love What-Ifs.Originally posted by ScarletSpider
Some of the O.N.E. sentinels have started to look promising, but they do nothing to make them into characters. After the mini-series Marvel just ditched the whole idea and have them stand around Xavier's. Lame.

The guy next to Thing is Wonder Man. That is Cloak. And Cable's in there next to the sentinels. Probably a what if, though if it's something mainstream, it looks badass.

I know, and the artist (who has a deviantart account) really worked hard on them. Trying to make all of them have an individual look and feel....

(Btw , anyone have any pictures of the 'Soviet Sentinels' I remember seeing one ages ago but I want to refresh my memory)

King_Mungi
As I said earlier, it's a what If

http://comics.ign.com/articles/820/820423p1.html

Priest
ill pic it up only if its Thor not Clor.

Disappear
Preferably the Russian models (I believe they were stealth sentinels, jet black and looked awesome)

the ones from the mystique series?

Symmetric Chaos
Why do I see Batman in that picture?

SnazzySmurph
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Why do I see Batman in that picture? You already know the response as soon as a comic character asks it.

"I'm Batman".

King_Mungi
Originally posted by SnazzySmurph
You already know the response as soon as a comic character asks it.

"I'm Batman".

No fanboy!

"I'm the GODDAMN BATMAN"

SnazzySmurph
No fanboy!

"I'm the GODDAMN BATMAN" oh

Don't forget to swirl the cape and leap theatrically!

King_Mungi
Originally posted by SnazzySmurph
oh

Don't forget to swirl the cape and leap theatrically!

"What are you dense?"...of course I will do that.

All-Star Batman=gold in cornflakes

grey fox
Originally posted by Disappear
the ones from the mystique series?

Possibly ?

willRules
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Why do I see Batman in that picture?

Because when people like Cap fight oppression, Batman simply appears and nods yes

Jimmy Buggs
I bet that is steve in a iron man armor, not tony with caps sheild.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.