Wolverine without claws...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

masterbruce
How would he fare against:

1. Batman
2. Daredevil
3. Black Panther
4. Captain America

JasonK4
Clears it.

SnazzySmurph
He could tie or beat everyone except BP

Battlehammer
not sure. Black panther is likly his hardest fight.

JasonK4
Question: Is Black Panther superior to Cap in h2h?

masterbruce
remember, without his claws, Logan loses ALOT of range, since he's very short and has short arms.

Battlehammer
Originally posted by JasonK4
Question: Is Black Panther superior to Cap in h2h?
no he inferior but his suit could cause problems

Battlehammer
Originally posted by masterbruce
remember, without his claws, Logan loses ALOT of range, since he's very short and has short arms.
Logan actaully has rather long arms depicted by most artists.

JasonK4
That is usually a problem in boxing; however, if he applies different martial arts such as jiujitsu, he can over come that factor. erm

Battlehammer
That is usually a problem in boxing; however, if he applies different martian arts such as jiujitsu, he can over come that factor. erm
very true not to mention most of his opponets either are much larger then him self or have longer weapons such as sabertooth and silver samurai

lando005
Originally posted by Battlehammer
Logan actaully has rather long arms depicted by most artists. in proportion to his body he still has short arms compared to others and his body is still pretty short over all so he'll loose ground there either way and does he still have his addy bones in this? if not he loses to cap and bp for sure

SnazzySmurph
I was under the assumption he still had adamantium, just not claws.

Battlehammer
Originally posted by lando005
in proportion to his body he still has short arms compared to others and his body is still pretty short over all so he'll loose ground there either way and does he still have his addy bones in this? if not he loses to cap and bp for sure
yes but he has a greater center due to his short hieght which makes him harder to knock over as well as hit.

His arms are also rather large for his body which aids him greatly.

masterbruce
Originally posted by SnazzySmurph
I was under the assumption he still had adamantium, just not claws.

correct...i just wanted to see how big a factor the claws were

JasonK4
no he inferior but his suit could cause problems
I see

masterbruce
yes but he has a greater center due to his short hieght which makes him harder to knock over as well as hit.

His arms are also rather large for his body which aids him greatly.

his arms are proportional to his body...if they were rather large, he would look like a monkey

Battlehammer
correct...i just wanted to see how big a factor the claws were
well there a big factor in the sense that there pritty much a one hit Ko in wolverines possession

Now he un arm but he still ahs a massive advantage over the other fighters in terms of a healing factor and skill in some cases.

Battlehammer
his arms are proportional to his body...if they were rather large, he would look like a monkey
umm there not though. His arms are huge for his body in most cases. Would you like me to start naming off issues or even entire arcs?

masterbruce
well there a big factor in the sense that there pritty much a one hit Ko in wolverines possession

Now he un arm but he still ahs a massive advantage over the other fighters in terms of a healing factor and skill in some cases.

who is he much more skilled then?

masterbruce
umm there not though. His arms are huge for his body in most cases. Would you like me to start naming off issues or even entire arcs?

post or link to a pic

Battlehammer
who is he much more skilled then?
I ment his healing factor is a huge advantage and he has a skill advantage over some others, but not by a large margin.

He and capt are the two most skill fighters in the macth ups.

Wolverine has a skill advantage over Black panther

He has a slight skill advantage over DD and batman as well.

Though with batman it could be argued that there equals

SnazzySmurph
Batman = Wolverine = Cap, for skills.

DD is a notch lower, and Black Panther is a notch below that.

Battlehammer
http://www.marveldirectory.com/pictures/individuals/w_1d/wolverine5.gif

Battlehammer

Thats about right .

masterbruce

his arms look incredibly short. without claws, he would have a hard time hitting his opponents

lando005

His arms are also rather large for his body which aids him greatly. his arms pretty much fit the size of his body his muscles are just large

Battlehammer
what ever I don't feel like argueing something that has to do with hwo the artist draws the character.

I think it was mention in an issue I try and find it.

actaully if I tried to argue the artist drawings of wolverien I could likly argue that wolverine is far larger then 5 foot 3. Any one ever notice how he drawn to be really tall some times?

masterbruce
what ever I don't feel like argueing something that has to do with hwo the artist draws the character.

I think it was mention in an issue I try and find it.

actaully if I tried to argue the artist drawings of wolverien I could likly argue that wolverine is far larger then 5 foot 3. Any one ever notice how he drawn to be really tall some times?

yeah, he's almost never drawn to be 5'3, which is very very short for a guy.

he usually looks like he's 5'10.

Battlehammer
yeah, he's almost never drawn to be 5'3, which is very very short for a guy.

he usually looks like he's 5'10.
yup sometimes he drawn next to people like spiderman and he drawn as tall or taller

lando005
yup sometimes he drawn next to people like spiderman and he drawn as tall or taller never seen him drawn taller than pete but almost as tall pete's 5'10 a little shorter than me and sometimes when he's next to logan logan looks about 5'8-5'9

CaptainStoic
Wolverine is very fast, and with his combat experience he could hit any of these guys, with his claws he made Black Panther look like a novice in the Contest of Champions limited series. Wolverines healing factor has allowed him to take hits from Wonder Man, and an enraged Sasquatch he should be able to at the very least tie or defeat all of these fighters. Well on paper anyways... I also don't think that Panther should have his Vibranium armor in this fight, it would give him an unfair advantage.

lando005
Originally posted by CaptainStoic
I also don't think that Panther should have his Vibranium armor in this fight, it would give him an unfair advantage. and adamantium bones and a mutant healing factor dont?

Battlehammer
and adamantium bones and a mutant healing factor dont?
ya but black panther dident have his claws taken away........

lando005
ya but black panther dident have his claws taken away........ hey wasn't me who set this up besides i think that the suit evens out the addy and the HF

Battlehammer
hey wasn't me who set this up besides i think that the suit evens out the addy and the HF
If Logan had his claws he take an easy vast majority from panther.

With out his claws im not sure.

lando005
If Logan had his claws he take an easy vast majority from panther.

With out his claws im not sure. just wondering but your a big wolverine fan aren't you

jrodslam

Ehh, i dont agree there. Skill wise, you may as well put DD in the same category as Bats, Wolvie and Cap. Skill wise, they havent done much DD hasnt.

Badabing
Wolverine has his healing and adamantium skeleton but not his claws. Does Bats, BP, Cap and DD still have all their gadgets, shield, armor etc?

lando005
Originally posted by Badabing
Wolverine has his healing and adamantium skeleton but not his claws. Does Bats, BP, Cap and DD still have all their gadgets, shield, armor etc? yes

Badabing
Hmm.......I'm thinking Bats has the best chance stop Logan if he has his full arsenal of gas pellets, freeze pellets, electro and exploding batarangs. Logan's healing and adamantium are hard to overload though. I think DD definitely goes down. Cap and BP have defenses against Logan especially without his claws but can they put him down? Bah, I have no clue. durfist

Caps Conscience
Cap can get the KO.

Soljer
Wolverine fares pretty much as well as he would WITH claws - the fights would just take longer.

What you've got here is a shieldless Captain America with adamantium bones and a ridiculous healing factor. How do you think Wolvi-Steve would fare in this gauntlet? People really need to think of it more in these terms - it'd eliminate a lot of the hate towards the character.

Caps Conscience
Originally posted by Soljer
Wolverine fares pretty much as well as he would WITH claws - the fights would just take longer.

What you've got here is a shieldless Captain America with adamantium bones and a ridiculous healing factor. How do you think Wolvi-Steve would fare in this gauntlet? People really need to think of it more in these terms - it'd eliminate a lot of the hate towards the character.

these guys all get there standard equiptment. Logan is the only one with a handicap. Cap KO.s him after the 50th concecutive shield smash to the grill.

masterbruce

he's a shieldless Cap...except he's not. he's a 5'3 hairy runt, whereas Cap is a strapping 6'2 mountain of muscle.

Soljer
he's a shieldless Cap...except he's not. he's a 5'3 hairy runt, whereas Cap is a strapping 6'2 mountain of muscle.

You don't think that a healing factor that, literally, makes him immortal, and unbreakable bones don't make up for the height discrepancy?

Really?

He's short, I get it, haha.

So?

masterbruce
You don't think that a healing factor that, literally, makes him immortal, and unbreakable bones don't make up for the height discrepancy?

Really?

He's short, I get it, haha.

So?

immortal healing factor and adamantium bones THIS!

http://image.comicvine.com/uploads/item/2000/1440/167725-wolverine_400.jpg

Soljer
erm

You really aren't funny...

masterbruce
erm

You really aren't funny...

agreed...that was pretty lame

Caps Conscience

I chuckled?

JasonK4

well, there's good use of context, since none of us knew wolverine had just been blasted by Havoc.

Battlehammer

very true.

Battlehammer
well, there's good use of context, since none of us knew wolverine had just been blasted by Havoc.
it worse then that he was blasted with enough force to go through doors colossus could not even dent. Then was in a massive plane crash fallowed up with a full blast from scot.

Caps Conscience
it worse then that he was blasted with enough force to go through doors colossus could not even dent. Then was in a massive plane crash fallowed up with a full blast from scot.

Whoever said life was fair? LOL

lando005

What you've got here is a shieldless Captain America with adamantium bones and a ridiculous healing factor. How do you think Wolvi-Steve would fare in this gauntlet? People really need to think of it more in these terms - it'd eliminate a lot of the hate towards the character. it's not hate towards the character, i'll admit i dont like a lotta things marvel's doing the wolverine but i'm not down playing him at all he's still one hell of a scrapper and one of the last people on eath to tick off

Battlehammer
it's not hate towards the character, i'll admit i dont like a lotta things marvel's doing the wolverine but i'm not down playing him at all he's still one hell of a scrapper and one of the last people on eath to tick off
by scapper you mean one of the best MA on the world.............

lando005
by scapper you mean one of the best MA on the world............. yes and i also ment his archtype is a scapper

yugotank
Wolverine without his claws can still do tons of damage.
The Adamantium bones (now that I know they're pretty much indestructible and stay intact) (thanks to Battlehammer -he knows the facts...... and another KMC "suspect" member) combined with a very fast healing factor would beat ANY street level character. Even the Batman and Captain America........

He has cracked more heads than Bats and Cap COMBINED.

How old is Wolverine again?

Hundreds of years.

His MA skills are above Batman's and Cap's......He may not use them all the time but they're there.

Just because you are shorter means nothing!.......Look what happened to Giant Man in the Ultimate Avengers......Cap beat him silly!

I'm sure someone will say...."Batman with prep can beat anyone,he can take out the JLA"........Well I don't buy it. Wolverine could "prep" if he knew he would be going up against the Batman.....Batman "preps" alot because he's NOT a super hero,he has no powers other than his brain. Wolverine is NOT stupid like the Hulk....He can fight very smart when he wants to. .............In a first time conflict,no prep,Wolverine would take down any street level Marvel or DC character. He could beat you to death with his adamantium hard fists! Does he know 137 MA styles?? He probably does-and then some! This guys been around the block a few times.

Could he beat Spiderman without his claws? I don't think so

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.