King Thor versus Thanos

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

masterbruce
http://image.comicvine.com/uploads/item/3000/2268/41850-thor_400.jpg vs http://image.comicvine.com/uploads/item/8000/7607/78009-thanos_400.jpg

llagrok
Rune King Thor?

He takes it.

masterbruce
Originally posted by llagrok
Rune King Thor?

He takes it.

not rune king thor...just king thor

guy222
Originally posted by masterbruce
http://image.comicvine.com/uploads/item/3000/2268/41850-thor_400.jpg vs http://image.comicvine.com/uploads/item/8000/7607/78009-thanos_400.jpg

Lord Thor FTW

Nike
Thanos

boriquaking55
King Thor, although his feats were mediocre compared to Odin, despite a higher base strength level.

Evil_Ash
Originally posted by boriquaking55
King Thor, although his feats were mediocre compared to Odin, despite a higher base strength level.

Thanos wins. 131

boriquaking55
King Thor was just a victim of bad writing half the time. He struggled with Genis, had some difficulty with Hulk & Thing which cost him an arm (complete PIS btw), and even seemed to have some degree of difficulty dispatching Captain America (he did own him eventually, but Cap held his own when he attacked him)

Nike
King Thor was just a victim of bad writing half the time. He struggled with Genis, had some difficulty with Hulk & Thing which cost him an arm (complete PIS btw), and even seemed to have some degree of difficulty dispatching Captain America (he did own him eventually, but Cap held his own when he attacked him)

Power wise he may have been portrayed incorrectly, but they story was great imo.

llagrok

He threw Mjolnir so hard it decapitated Desak merged with the destroyer armor.

boriquaking55

wasn't that Rune Lord Thor?

Estacado
Thanos

DigiMark007
Regular Thor once beat down thanos into unconsciousness when he was wearing a few enhancements like the extra-strength belt, a shield, and 1-2 other things I can't remember. And Thor's actually always fared decently against Thanos because he can absorb his energy blasts into Mjolnir.

KT ftw.

Estacado
Originally posted by DigiMark007
Regular Thor once beat down thanos into unconsciousness when he was wearing a few enhancements like the extra-strength belt, a shield, and 1-2 other things I can't remember. And Thor's actually always fared decently against Thanos because he can absorb his energy blasts into Mjolnir.

KT ftw.
That was a Thanosi my friend.313

Harry Fingerman
Originally posted by DigiMark007

KT ftw. Regular Thor... as in Odin Powered Thor, with the belt of strength and whatnot?

And what Juggs said.

boriquaking55
Originally posted by Estacado
That was a Thanosi my friend.313

I'm lovin' that new avatar, man

guy222

Very good issues

Estacado
I'm lovin' that new avatar, man
Thanks ,me too.313

llagrok
Originally posted by Harry Fingerman
Regular Thor... as in Odin Powered Thor, with the belt of strength and whatnot?

And what Juggs said.

Regular Thor.

He beat up Mangog earlier in the issue, without his strength belt or any form of power boost. When taking out Thanos (who was amped) he used the strength belt and a magical shield+sword. Scans should be in his respect thread.

Harry Fingerman
Regular Thor.

He beat up Mangog earlier in the issue, without his strength belt or any form of power boost. When taking out Thanos (who was amped) he used the strength belt and a magical shield+sword. Scans should be in his respect thread. Regular Thor, wrapped in armor from the Odin Force?

He beat up Mangog, yes he did... after cheapshotting him, and after getting his ass kicked a couple times in fair fights.

Thanks, but no thanks. I pull every Thor scan I have from what I have.
Also, even if the fight was shown, this little doozy wasn't:
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/Thor_vol2-527-025-09.jpg

llagrok
Originally posted by Harry Fingerman
Regular Thor, wrapped in armor from the Odin Force?

He beat up Mangog, yes he did... after cheapshotting him, and after getting his ass kicked a couple times in fair fights.

Thanks, but no thanks. I pull every Thor scan I have from what I have.
Also, even if the fight was shown, this little doozy wasn't:
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/Thor_vol2-527-025-09.jpg

Mangog is far more powerful than Thor, one cheap shot won't even that out. It's still a pretty huge feat.

As far as "infused" with the odin force goes, we have no idea how much power was in there. It's safe to say that it was far less than what Odin originally had, seeing as Odin himself was barely capable of beating Thanos. A fraction of that power can hardly be considered a huge powerup. Let's not forget that Thanos had one as well :/

Harry Fingerman
Mangog is far more powerful than Thor, one cheap shot won't even that out. It's still a pretty huge feat.

As far as "infused" with the odin force goes, we have no idea how much power was in there. It's safe to say that it was far less than what Odin originally had, seeing as Odin himself was barely capable of beating Thanos. A fraction of that power can hardly be considered a huge powerup. Let's not forget that Thanos had one as well :/ Obviously it did, and will, since Thor was unable to do anything to him, until he did it (he shattered Mangog's horns and such with one blow)...
The cheapshot also set up the anti-force gullet blasting.
Fact is, without the cheapshot, Mangog would have crushed him yet again.

And yet, you have to take into account that he had the belt of strength, which would double his strength.
Another thing, it wasn't a fraction, Odin preserved all of the Odin-Force he could, after Thanos poisoned him, to give to the armor.

The powerup of Thanos is irrelevant, since, as soon as the battle started, Thor smashed his Illumination Stone, which shattered his powerup.

Also, imagine the belt of power amplifying Mjolnir. Now imagine his hammers power increasing even more (ignoring the weapons, and the Odinforce pulsing within Thor)... ya, that would be even more powerful, than when Thor put a hole in Exitar with the Belt of Strength/Power, since back then, Thor only had the Belt, and I guess his armor (which, to my knowledge, does nothing to his strength).

Before you ask about Mjolnir growing stronger.
http://s118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/?action=view&current=Thor_vol2-527-025-28.jpg

And again, it was only a clone.

Bouboumaster
Thanos wins.... If Death doesn't want him in her realm!

If yeah, than KT wins :P

hulkcpbifiussjf
Thanos

guy222
KT

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.