Netroots go after Democrats for not being "progessive enough"

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Strangelove

Schecter
they should go after them for being useless and ineffective pieces of garbage.

ADarksideJedi
Dems do'nt need anymore courage or help.They help themselves with stealing the votes anyway!jm

Schecter
Originally posted by ADarksideJedi
Dems do'nt need anymore courage or help.They help themselves with stealing the votes anyway!jm

that made absolutely no sense at all

Devil King
Good thing you pointed it out to her.

Schecter
detective

Robtard

Strangelove
Originally posted by Robtard
Both parties are completely ****ed now, they're both in the grips of the extremes, which is a bad thing. A nutjob radical liberal, is just as bad as a fanatical religion-mongering conservative.

It seems to me, that both parties are arming themselves for the sole purpose of being polar opposites of each other, no matter the issue at hand. If one party says "yes" on an issue, the other party will say "no", regardless of the issue, regardless what is better for the country as a whole. Sadly, that's probably true.

The two parties are likely to implode, sooner or later. Let's hope that allows some sensible people to make good decision.

Robtard
Originally posted by Strangelove
Sadly, that's probably true.

The two parties are likely to implode, sooner or later. Let's hope that allows some sensible people to make good decision.

Problem is, how much damage will they cause until they "implode". Are you ready for another 4 or 8 year presidency with the mindset of "us vs. them"?

Strangelove
Problem is, how much damage will they cause until they "implode". Are you ready for another 4 or 8 year presidency with the mindset of "us vs. them"? Oh no, I'm thinking of the parties imploding in a decade or so.

If the next President is smart (read: Democrat), then he/she will move us past this bitter partisanship. Let's just hope that we don't elect a Rudy Giuliani, who seems to embrace the Bush doctrine of politics. None of the Democrats in the current field have a history of employing those tactics.

Robtard
Originally posted by Strangelove
Oh no, I'm thinking of the parties imploding in a decade or so.

If the next President is smart (read: Democrat), then he/she will move us past this bitter partisanship. Let's just hope that we don't elect a Rudy Giuliani, who seems to embrace the Bush doctrine of politics. None of the Democrats in the current field have a history of employing those tactics.

I'm willing to bet that a Democrat will win come 2008, problem is, the Republi-cons sole reason for existing will be to "trash" anything and everything that president tries to accomplish in the next 4 (maybe 8) years.

That's one of my beefs with the Democrats these last few years, they nitpicked everything Bush did and does, which in my opinion takes away from the larger more serious issues, i.e. the war, social security, health care.

=Tired Hiker=
Both parties are too right wing.

Robtard
Originally posted by =Tired Hiker=

Go back to your OTF, this is a "cool people" (aka GDF) conversation!

=Tired Hiker=
Go back to your OTF, this is a "cool people" (aka GDF) conversation!

I find your statement to be a bit conservative. hmm

Robtard
I find your statement to be a bit conservative. hmm

I was going for a slight Draconian angle, thanks.

=Tired Hiker=
You're obviously not a golfer.

Robtard
You're obviously not a golfer.

"The Chinaman who peed on my rug."

chithappens

That is somewhat true.

Although I see both parties trying to simply appease the morality set forth by the media.

Sigh, this is just going to continue until at least a third of the population starts taking accountability as individuals rather than waiting on someone to come save them.

One example would be black people loving emotional, "powerful" discussions about "the man holding us back!" A lot of talking and no action. A lot of black people who simply peruse through politics to sound smart think Obama is going to save the ghetto or something.

The issue is more complex than politicians being idiots or cowards because without "informed" people behind you, it means nothing. No one can do anything in a democracy without the support of the people, at least initially (people were blinded by "patriotism" during the beginning of the war with Iraq, for example). You can put one man in a box and be certain he is never to be heard, but you can not shelf the ideas of many men and women who, at the very least, have a common cause.

That is the issue more than cowardice.

Devil King
Originally posted by chithappens
Although I see both parties trying to simply appease the morality set forth by the media.

I'm confused. What standard of morality are you addressing?

SpearofDestiny
Liberals can be just as hypocritical and harmful as Conservatives.

Strangelove
Originally posted by SpearofDestiny
Liberals can be just as hypocritical and harmful as Conservatives. Pretty much

lord xyz
Originally posted by Schecter
they should go after them for being useless and ineffective pieces of garbage. Unlike Bush, Reagan Eisenhower and Nixon. no expression

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.