Team Supes vs Team Thor

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Caps Conscience
Team 1
Superman
Gladiator
Hyperion
Sentry

vs

Thor
Black Adam
Captain Marvel
Beta Ray Bill

Everybody is fighting at there very best and are blood lusted.

Caps Conscience
bump

lordboo
Originally posted by Caps Conscience
Team 1
Superman
Gladiator
Hyperion
Sentry

vs

Thor
Black Adam
Captain Marvel
Beta Ray Bill

stalemate smile

Caps Conscience
Supes is the weak link because of the vulnerabilty to magic.

pr1983
Supes is the weak link because of the vulnerabilty to magic.

hasn't stopped him before... erm

if sentry is all he's supposed to be, team one can take it imo... otherwise team two...

Caps Conscience
Originally posted by pr1983
hasn't stopped him before... erm

if sentry is all he's supposed to be, team one can take it imo... otherwise team two...

Not saying that either, but he definitely is the most vulnerable seeing how everybody on team two is magic based.

pr1983
Not saying that either, but he definitely is the most vulnerable seeing how everybody on team two is magic based.

that is true... but he's argubaly stronger/more durable than thor, and he's at the very least equal to adam and marvel...

there's also supes' speed...

Soljer
that is true... but he's argubaly stronger/more durable than thor, and he's at the very least equal to adam and marvel...

there's also supes' speed...

It's not really arguable, in most's opinion. erm.

And Superman's speed is matchable by the Shazam twins.

pr1983
Originally posted by Soljer
It's not really arguable, in most's opinion. erm.

And Superman's speed is matchable by the Shazam twins.

so he is or isn't?

reflex speed though?

Soljer
so he is or isn't?

reflex speed though?

Superman is stronger and more durable than Thor.

And, yeah, I think Captain Marvel is pretty close to being Superman's equal in damn near every way.

Maybe I'm alone in that opinion. Eh.

pr1983

And, yeah, I think Captain Marvel is pretty close to being Superman's equal in damn near every way.

Maybe I'm alone in that opinion. Eh.

lol, so why the 'erm' or havent you seen my sig? stick out tongue

i agree about marvel in terms of being as close to his equal as possible, though i think they both have advantages over each other in their own way...

Soljer
lol, so why the 'erm' or havent you seen my sig? stick out tongue

i agree about marvel in terms of being as close to his equal as possible, though i think they both have advantages over each other in their own way...

I dunno, seemed fitting.

And, fair enough about the last part.

pr1983
I dunno, seemed fitting.

And, fair enough about the last part.

it would fit if i was more a thor fan than a superman one... stick out tongue

supes v marvel in superman 216 was pretty good imo...

guy222
Team 1
Superman
Gladiator
Hyperion
Sentry

vs

Thor
Black Adam
Captain Marvel
Beta Ray Bill

Team Thor

Bouboumaster
Team Thor. Sups is the weak link here. However, Sentry is a wild card.

lando005

Maybe I'm alone in that opinion. Eh. sups and thor are about equal in both strength and durability speed wise i would say sups has the slight edge

SnazzySmurph
Team 2... Gladiator and Hyperion are bigger weak links then Superman in this scenario.

DC's Supermen archetypes > Marvel's.

Airwalker
Team two due to Hyperion. Gladiator as well, but he isn't as weak a link as Hyperion.

Airwalker
Originally posted by lando005
sups and thor are about equal in both strength and durability speed wise i would say sups has the slight edge

Superman is more durable, and faster than Thor.

lando005
Originally posted by Airwalker
Superman is more durable, and faster than Thor. eh i'm not sure about that nothing i've seen would make either the clea winner in durabilty

Soljer
sups and thor are about equal in both strength and durability speed wise i would say sups has the slight edge

Slight edge? Even if you're going to claim that Thor can move as fast as lightspeed (he can't), then Superman would still be more than twenty times as fast as Thor.

That's not a slight edge.

batdude123
Slight edge? Even if you're going to claim that Thor can move as fast as lightspeed (he can't), then Superman would still be more than twenty times as fast as Thor.

That's not a slight edge.

And

Originally posted by Rorschach
More of Superman traveling FTL

Superman flew from near Vega to Metropolis in a matter of minutes

Vega is located 25.3 light-years away from Earth

http://img479.imageshack.us/img479/6430/38727228pb1.th.jpghttp://img479.imageshack.us/img479/907/22451647gw0.th.jpg
http://img521.imageshack.us/img521/1128/14363755fb7.th.jpghttp://img394.imageshack.us/img394/6773/10200382ea8.th.jpghttp://img505.imageshack.us/img505/4822/31707425se1.th.jpghttp://img529.imageshack.us/img529/4962/84216747rs4.th.jpg

= A LOT faster than 20x light speed, btw. doped

Airwalker
Originally posted by batdude123
And

= A LOT faster than 20x light speed, btw. doped

But he can't warp the universe. smokin'

http://s38.photobucket.com/albums/e101/Soujaboy/Thor%20Feats/?action=view&current=Thorelementals1.jpg
http://s38.photobucket.com/albums/e101/Soujaboy/Thor%20Feats/?action=view&current=Thorelementals2.jpg

batdude123
But he can't warp the universe. smokin'

http://s38.photobucket.com/albums/e101/Soujaboy/Thor%20Feats/?action=view&current=Thorelementals1.jpg
http://s38.photobucket.com/albums/e101/Soujaboy/Thor%20Feats/?action=view&current=Thorelementals2.jpg

But he can save the omniverse. herbnana

http://img143.imageshack.us/my.php?image=adventuresofsuperman617kq4.jpg
http://img155.imageshack.us/my.php?image=adventuresofsuperman617fi2.jpg

Airwalker
But he can save the omniverse. herbnana

http://img143.imageshack.us/my.php?image=adventuresofsuperman617kq4.jpg
http://img155.imageshack.us/my.php?image=adventuresofsuperman617fi2.jpg

Far from impressive. glare

batdude123
Far from impressive. glare

pfft

lando005

That's not a slight edge. Not gonna argue with you just stating my oppinion based on what facts i know (thor can move at FTL speeds by the way via his hammer)

Soljer
Not gonna argue with you just stating my oppinion based on what facts i know (thor can move at FTL speeds by the way via his hammer)

Thor tossing his hammer and holding on faster than light is NOT Thor moving faster than light.

It's his hammer moving faster than light, while he holds on. It's not Thor doing it.

lando005
Thor tossing his hammer and holding on faster than light is NOT Thor moving faster than light.

It's his hammer moving faster than light, while he holds on. It's not Thor doing it. that's why i said via his hammer

Harry Fingerman
Thor tossing his hammer and holding on faster than light is NOT Thor moving faster than light. However, Thor is moving faster than light if he does so... so...

Soljer
Originally posted by Harry Fingerman
However, Thor is moving faster than light if he does so... so...

But Thor cannot move faster than light, the same way you cannot move faster than the speed of sound.

Sure, you can jump on a plane, but then the plane is doing the moving, you're just along for the ride. Same with Thor.

Harry Fingerman
But Thor cannot move faster than light, the same way you cannot move faster than the speed of sound.

Sure, you can jump on a plane, but then the plane is doing the moving, you're just along for the ride. Same with Thor. And yet, Thor is still moving faster than light... stick out tongue

Also, that is Thor's powers basically...
Who else have you seen travel lightspeed with Mjolnir (besides the obvious)?
Can anyone just grab the hammer and go lightspeed? I know people can go on a plane anytime they want. And, Thor actually controls where he goes when he travels with the hammer, unlike said airplane.

It's Thor's way of travel, and it's pointless to try and take that away from him.

It would be akin to taking away Billy's magic lightning that turns him into Captain Marvel, and tell him to fight Superman.
"Billy can't fight Superman, it's his magic powers that can fight Superman."

Which, either way you look at it, is still irrelevant, and has no grounds in any thread, unless it's actually Billy without the enchantments.

And, Thor has his hammer in this fight, so Thor can go lightspeed.

Airwalker

It's his hammer moving faster than light, while he holds on. It's not Thor doing it.

So who navigates Mjolnir? dontgetit

Soljer
And yet, Thor is still moving faster than light... stick out tongue

Also, that is Thor's powers basically...
Who else have you seen travel lightspeed with Mjolnir (besides the obvious)?
Can anyone just grab the hammer and go lightspeed? I know people can go on a plane anytime they want. And, Thor actually controls where he goes when he travels with the hammer, unlike said airplane.

It's Thor's way of travel, and it's pointless to try and take that away from him.

It would be akin to taking away Billy's magic lightning that turns him into Captain Marvel, and tell him to fight Superman.
"Billy can't fight Superman, it's his magic powers that can fight Superman."

Which, either way you look at it, is still irrelevant, and has no grounds in any thread, unless it's actually Billy without the enchantments.

And, Thor has his hammer in this fight, so Thor can go lightspeed.

I never said that Mjolnir grants Thor the ability to fly or anything. Just that it's the throw - the momentum - the movement of the Hammer that Thor is riding. It isn't under his own power. He can't run at lightspeed, he can't fight at lightspeed, he can't dodge at lightspeed.

All he can do is throw a hammer at lightspeed and hold on for dear life.

erm.

Which means, if the two combatants start a few lightyears away, the fact that he can exceed C might be useful. As far as an actual fight, goes, though? He doesn't have the reflexes to keep up.

Airwalker
I never said that Mjolnir grants Thor the ability to fly or anything. Just that it's the throw - the momentum - the movement of the Hammer that Thor is riding. It isn't under his own power. He can't run at lightspeed, he can't fight at lightspeed, he can't dodge at lightspeed.

erm.

Which means, if the two combatants start a few lightyears away, the fact that he can exceed C might be useful. As far as an actual fight, goes, though? He doesn't have the reflexes to keep up.

So who navigates Mjolnir? dontgetit

Harry Fingerman

erm. And it's still him moving at lightspeed.
I said nothing about his fighting reflexes, etc. Just that he can travel at lightspeed.
As I've seen his speed be brought up in this thread, in relation to Supes straight line travel speed.
Basically saying straight line travel, not fighting.

On another note, when has Supes been shown to be fighting at lightspeed?

Airwalker
And it's still him moving at lightspeed.
I said nothing about his fighting reflexes, etc. Just that he can travel at lightspeed.
As I've seen his speed be brought up in this thread, in relation to Supes straight line travel speed.
Basically saying straight line travel, not fighting.

So who navigates Mjolnir?(I bet this is getting annoying, but what the hell) dontgetit

masterbruce
Thor can only move in a straightline with Mjolnir. He can't turn at lightspeed without losing momentum first. therefore his speed is utterly useless in battle unless it is to be used for him to run away from battle.

Harry Fingerman
However, he can stop at any time, and teleport...
So who navigates Mjolnir?(I bet this is getting annoying, but what the hell) dontgetit Why are you asking me?

I don't f*cking know!

Soljer
However, he can stop at any time, and teleport...
Why are you asking me?

I don't f*cking know!

Sure he can. With his piss-poor (in comparison) reflexes.

Airwalker
Originally posted by masterbruce
Thor can only move in a straightline with Mjolnir. He can't turn at lightspeed without losing momentum first. therefore his speed is utterly useless in battle unless it is to be used for him to run away from battle.

You came to this conclusion how? I have no idea why I'm asking as you likely made it up yourself.

Harry Fingerman
Sure he can. With his piss-poor (in comparison) reflexes. Well, according to mp, Thor's speed is useless in battle.

Not necessarily in this battle.

Airwalker
Sure he can. With his piss-poor (in comparison) reflexes.

I still wanna know who navigates Mjolnir, and would like to see Brans question answered? smile

masterbruce
You came to this conclusion how? I have no idea why I'm asking as you likely made it up yourself.

how does thor fly?

he swings his hammer in an arc and then lets its momentum pull him. therefore he has to will the hammer to stop and reswing it in a new direction to fly another way.

do you know anything about Thor?

Soljer
Well, according to mp, Thor's speed is useless in battle.

Not necessarily in this battle.

Or lack thereof, yeah.
stick out tongue.

masterbruce
I still wanna know who navigates Mjolnir, and would like to see Brans question answered? smile

if you don't know who navigates Mjolnir, then obviously you dont know anything about thor.

read my post above for how thor navigates mjolnir.

lando005
combat speed and travel speed are 2 different things

travel speed wise thor is almost as fast as sups

combat speed wise he's slower and less nimble

Harry Fingerman
do you know anything about Thor? Hypocritical.

Soljer
combat speed and travel speed are 2 different things

travel speed wise thor is almost as fast as sups

combat speed wise he's slower and less nimble

Travel speed wise, he's still not even close unless you include teleportation.

Soljer
Hypocritical.

Cosigned.

Airwalker
how does thor fly?

he swings his hammer in an arc and then lets its momentum pull him. therefore he has to will the hammer to stop and reswing it in a new direction to fly another way.

do you know anything about Thor?

He swings Mjolnir at light speeds and releases it. The enchantment than takes over and continues the forward movement.

What relevance does this have to your previous assessment that Thor can't change directions while flying?

Nope.

Airwalker
Travel speed wise, he's still not even close unless you include teleportation.

Well, teleportation would be included in travel methods....

masterbruce
He swings Mjolnir at light speeds and releases it. The enchantment than takes over and continues the forward movement.

What relevance does this have to your previous assessment that Thor can't change directions while flying?

Nope.

he does no such thing as his arms are incapable of moving at light speed.

he swings his hammer in his regular swing speed, and after it gets momentum, the enchantment can increase the speed of its travel

Harry Fingerman
he does no such thing as his arms are incapable of moving at light speed.
Based on?

Caps Conscience
Couldn't Team 2 just start reigning lightining all over team one thus negating supes speed advantage.

Soljer
Based on?

Based on the fact that he's swung his hammer at multiples of C in the past...

Oh, wait...

Soljer
Couldn't Team 2 just start reigning lightining all over team one thus negating supes speed advantage.

Superman perceives lightning as if it were crawling.

Caps Conscience

Yeah but we are talking about alot I mean alot of lightning.

masterbruce
Based on?

anecdotal evidence of how artist draws his swings....if they were lightspeed it would look complete blur

Soljer
Yeah but we are talking about alot I mean alot of lightning.

Yeah, a lot of lightning that's all crawling.

erm.

Airwalker
anecdotal evidence of how artist draws his swings....if they were lightspeed it would look complete blur

So when the narration points out that the hammer is spinning at multiples of light speed it means what?

lando005
he swings the hammer and hangs on to it and can simply will it to turn in different directions without pause same as when he throws it and it returns to him it doesnt get thrown stops and then goes back it's all one swift motion

Airwalker

Harry Fingerman
anecdotal evidence of how artist draws his swings....if they were lightspeed it would look complete blur So, when Flash is traveling, we can safely say that he's not going lightspeed... ever?

Hell, has Superman ever gone lightspeed then either?

I think Surfer has, although, I'm going to have to look at something.
Here, Surfer is traveling at a speed that defies human description:
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/fast.jpg

However, he isn't a blur, so we can say that he's traveling under lightspeed, but, his speed defies human description.
What would that be?

batdude123

He has in combat situations before, although not directly stated on panel.

Here are just a few examples:

Comes out of nowhere to catch an energy blast from Firestorm after he fired it.

http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff144/KMCSuperman/JLA07715.jpg

Here's an impressive feat, considering he did this to none other than Flash.

From the same issue

http://i84.imagethrust.com/t/1306134/superman191kebbin04.jpg http://i84.imagethrust.com/t/1306135/superman191kebbin05.jpg

(btw, I really don't know if Rorschach's quote is showing up right now, so forgive me)

lando005

(btw, I really don't know if Rorschach's quote is showing up right now, so forgive me) that's still more travel speed than combat speed and your second image didnt come up

Airwalker

(btw, I really don't know if Rorschach's quote is showing up right now, so forgive me)

Thats light speed reactions? So could this be considered as much as well(I know, but really)?

http://s38.photobucket.com/albums/e101/Soujaboy/Thor%20Feats/?action=view&current=ZThor4.jpg

TricksterPriest
Team 1 can take a few.............who the **** am I kidding? stick out tongue

Supes is a match for anyone on team 2 1v1, but his teammates are aren't nearly good enough to keep up. Hell, 2 versions of Hyperion got beat by Vision. roll eyes (sarcastic) Granted, not his best versions, but still bad for a Superman-clone. Glads.........well, he got beat by Canonball, Hulk, etc.

Sentry......he just sucks. stick out tongue No feats that put him as consistently over Thor or the others on team 2. I would give anyone on team 2 a majority over Sentry.

batdude123
that's still more travel speed than combat speed and your second image didnt come up

Uh... no. The first scan is a combat situation.

THIS is a traveling speed feat:

More of Superman traveling FTL

Superman flew from near Vega to Metropolis in a matter of minutes

Vega is located 25.3 light-years away from Earth

http://img479.imageshack.us/img479/6430/38727228pb1.th.jpghttp://img479.imageshack.us/img479/907/22451647gw0.th.jpg
http://img521.imageshack.us/img521/1128/14363755fb7.th.jpghttp://img394.imageshack.us/img394/6773/10200382ea8.th.jpghttp://img505.imageshack.us/img505/4822/31707425se1.th.jpghttp://img529.imageshack.us/img529/4962/84216747rs4.th.jpg

And I apologize if the second set of scans didn't come up.

lando005
Uh... no. The first scan is a combat situation.

THIS is a traveling speed feat:

And I apologize if the second set of scans didn't come up. that first one wasnt combat he showed upjust in time to stop an energy blast they were not fighting each other and moving at light speeds i cant think of anyone who does at the moment but i'm sure there are

batdude123
Thats light speed reactions? So could this be considered as much as well(I know, but really)?

http://s38.photobucket.com/albums/e101/Soujaboy/Thor%20Feats/?action=view&current=ZThor4.jpg

I don't consider psi bolts to be light speed. Magneto was able to deflect some away from him before. Also, the bolt was shot right at him, so... erm

And Superman literally has hundreds of examples of "light speed reactions" (and faster in most cases), but that was just a recent one on the last couple of pages on the Superman respect thread. stick out tongue

Anyway, the second set of scans (that apparently didn't show up) depict Wally demonstrating to Superman a trick where he can move so fast that the after images he creates act as avatars (so to speak) to do his bidding. Then, after that, Wally said he needed to get back to Keystone City as fast as he could, and as he was running away, Superman surprised Wally by appearing right in front of him (and in the process, demonstrating the same trick). Thus, he went faster than Flash did in that instance. It's impressive as f*ck, if you ever get the chance to view it.

Anyway, with the caliber of people Superman fights and how he's portrayed (speed wise et all), he's about as good as it gets when it comes to combat speed under Thanos level.

lando005
that first one wasnt combat he showed upjust in time to stop an energy blast they were not fighting each other and moving at light speeds i cant think of anyone who does at the moment but i'm sure there are and if most battles did happen at light speeds most would be over in under 5 minutes fights would start to look like dbz battles (you know what i mean so dont give me any grief)

batdude123
that first one wasnt combat he showed upjust in time to stop an energy blast they were not fighting each other and moving at light speeds i cant think of anyone who does at the moment but i'm sure there are

He came out of nowhere to join their tussle, then saw Firestorm's energy blast after it was fired and blocked it with his hand.

Sorry to say, but that's not a traveling speed feat there, sport.

batdude123
and if most battles did happen at light speeds most would be over in under 5 minutes fights would start to look like dbz battles (you know what i mean so dont give me any grief)

The reason Superman doesn't speedblitz every single time is the same reason why Kyle or Thor don't "soul suck" every single time. The comic wouldn't be interesting at all.

lando005
He came out of nowhere to join their tussle, then saw Firestorm's energy blast after it was fired and blocked it with his hand.

Sorry to say, but that's not a traveling speed feat there, sport. although breaking away from one tussle to block an attack isnt technically combat speed i get what your saying in that instance it would be

batdude123
although breaking away from one tussle to block an attack isnt technically combat speed i get what your saying in that instance it would be

You're right... it isn't "technically," but the same logic applies in that instance. smile

masterbruce
So, when Flash is traveling, we can safely say that he's not going lightspeed... ever?

Hell, has Superman ever gone lightspeed then either?

I think Surfer has, although, I'm going to have to look at something.
Here, Surfer is traveling at a speed that defies human description:
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/fast.jpg

However, he isn't a blur, so we can say that he's traveling under lightspeed, but, his speed defies human description.
What would that be?

if we didn't know that Flash or Surfer were lightspeeders...then we would have to assume they weren't moving at lightspeed unless the artistic depiction showed them as blurs

but we DO KNOW they are lightspeeders so the artist can have more liberties in drawing them

now with Thor, he is never described as super fast, so we can only judge his speed through what we see on the pages of comics, and it isn't very impressive in terms of speed

carver9

erm.

Superman cant fight at light speed, if he can show me. He cant fly at light per writers, if he can show me in a scan. Why are you all posting all of these superman flying from one place to another IN SPACE when there is no gravity. Space gives a huge speed boost. Show me superman flying at the speed of light on earth. Dont say that he cant do it because of the destruction it might cause because flash has done so numerous of times. Please show me this, then maybe you could change my mind.

carver9

You think a lot of superman that just aint true. I need for you to do me a favor. I want you to email superman writer and ask him how fast superman can go, i have done so and i want you to try at least one. Trust me the answer your going to get is very shocking. Go to wizard web site, they will foward your email to him.

Soljer
Jesus Christ, Carver. Seriously.

Batdude has posted Superman EASILY exceeding the speed of light multiple times. And he's shown Superman perceiving lightning in Slow-mo.

As far as gravity goes....I mean, the Earth is pretty big, it's gravitational pull is strong....

But how does exceeding light speed in the gravitational field of A FRIGGIN BLACK HOLE sound to you? What the f**k??!?!

carver9
Jesus Christ, Carver. Seriously.

Batdude has posted Superman EASILY exceeding the speed of light multiple times. And he's shown Superman perceiving lightning in Slow-mo.

As far as gravity goes....I mean, the Earth is pretty big, it's gravitational pull is strong....

But how does exceeding light speed in the gravitational field of A FRIGGIN BLACK HOLE sound to you? What the f**k??!?!

He didnt show me anything that said superman went or exceeded the speed of light. Tell me this, why does superman writers portray him moving under the speed of light but fans seem to say that he exceeds the speed of light. You all havent showed me nothing except superman flying in space exceeding the speed of light.

I'll admit that yes he does goes faster than the speed of sound but I would love to see anything that shows me that he even come close to the speed of light. I have read a lot of superman comics and own a lot also and in them it is never stated that he can go that fast. Hell in them it always state that he cant go that fast anymore. Do what i asked you soljer, please, email a superman writer just like numerous of people has done and see what speed they will tell you he can go. I bet you wont get the speed of light. I have already emailed them and have brought this up many of times but I want you to do it yourself since you dont believe my answer.

carver9
By the way soljer, im not trying to down you or anything, just going by what i know and I know that you are going by what you know.

Just two different opinions.

Soljer
Originally posted by carver9
He didnt show me anything that said superman went or exceeded the speed of light. Tell me this, why does superman writers portray him moving under the speed of light but fans seem to say that he exceeds the speed of light. You all havent showed me nothing except superman flying in space exceeding the speed of light.

I'll admit that yes he does goes faster than the speed of sound but I would love to see anything that shows me that he even come close to the speed of light. I have read a lot of superman comics and own a lot also and in them it is never stated that he can go that fast. Hell in them it always state that he cant go that fast anymore. Do what i asked you soljer, please, email a superman writer just like numerous of people has done and see what speed they will tell you he can go. I bet you wont get the speed of light. I have already emailed them and have brought this up many of times but I want you to do it yourself since you dont believe my answer.

I'm not going to bother ANY Superman writer with a question that I can glean the answer from with ANY comic.

And Superman has shown lightspeed movement on many occasions. I believe just earlier in this thread, Batdude posted him blocking a lightspeed attack while he was nowhere near it.

Superman had to travel farther than the light did to make it there to BLOCK the light.

And you didn't even respond to Superman travelling at speeds exceeding C in a black hole. You say you want to see him doing it in earth's gravity? Why isn't him doing it in the gravity of a black hole sufficient?

Soljer
By the way soljer, im not trying to down you or anything, just going by what i know and I know that you are going by what you know.

Just two different opinions.

I understand that you hold that it's your opinion...but..really, it isn't.

Superman has displayed lightspeed reactions and travelling speed on so many separate occasions that it isn't even funny.

I don't see how you can justify ignoring scan after scan after scan after scan and then say "It's just my opinion!"

erm

I'm not trying to put you down either, but really, you ARE ignoring any bit of evidence that's posted.

carver9

Superman has displayed lightspeed reactions and travelling speed on so many separate occasions that it isn't even funny.

I don't see how you can justify ignoring scan after scan after scan after scan and then say "It's just my opinion!"

erm

I'm not trying to put you down either, but really, you ARE ignoring any bit of evidence that's posted.

Answer this for me soljer. I forgot the name of the comic but it was during the time that raal wife was captured by some aliens and the aliens had the jla build a weapon for them (because the jla was captured).

When raal created that weapon that was going to destroy the mother ship that his wife was held on and he wanted superman to fly to the ship and save his wife. Raal told superman that he need to superman to keep up with the beam and that the beam goes the speed of light. Why did superman himself say that he dont go that fast anymore (this was when he 1st lost the powers of the blue superman) and he had to borrow flash speed to keep up with the light.

Answer that question for me. Why did superman himself say that he dont go that fast anymore. Why did flash writer say during a interview that superman have not came close to the speed of light since his pre crisis years. Why did writer brian azzarello say that superman top speed is 2000mps (even though i think that he goes faster than that.). Answer that for me. Does your answer hold more weight than superman writers and other writers in the dc comic and superman own words.

carver9

erm

and its not me ignoring scans, its you all showing something that will only happen one time in superman carrier. Example spiderman beating firelord. Black panther pinning Silver surfer.

It all depends on the writer but power wise it shouldnt have been something superman was suppose to do.

batdude123
Answer this for me soljer. I forgot the name of the comic but it was during the time that raal wife was captured by some aliens and the aliens had the jla build a weapon for them (because the jla was captured).

When raal created that weapon that was going to destroy the mother ship that his wife was held on and he wanted superman to fly to the ship and save his wife. Raal told superman that he need to superman to keep up with the beam and that the beam goes the speed of light. Why did superman himself say that he dont go that fast anymore (this was when he 1st lost the powers of the blue superman) and he had to borrow flash speed to keep up with the light.

I think you're forgetting one little piece of information regarding that instance....

THAT COMIC WAS NINE FUGGIN' YEARS AGO!!! no expression

That's hardly indicative of how fast he's able to go nowadays. It's astonishing how you'll ignore more recent scans of him going WELL beyond light speed and just fall back on that occurrence from almost a decade ago.

You're "opinion" = worthless, carver.

Jesus Christ... doh

Validus
Holy shit. laughing out loud

Soljer
and its not me ignoring scans, its you all showing something that will only happen one time in superman carrier. Example spiderman beating firelord. Black panther pinning Silver surfer.

It all depends on the writer but power wise it shouldnt have been something superman was suppose to do.

As batdude, somewhat rudely pointed out, that comic is quite old. It's like me using Thing's first appearances to say that he's only class 5, so any feat of him lifting more than five tons is bullshit.

Also; Spiderman beat firelord once. T'Challa held the surfer once.

PIS is PIS.

Superman has exceeded C dozens of times.

carver9
I think you're forgetting one little piece of information regarding that instance....

THAT COMIC WAS NINE FUGGIN' YEARS AGO!!! no expression

That's hardly indicative of how fast he's able to go nowadays. It's astonishing how you'll ignore more recent scans of him going WELL beyond light speed and just fall back on that occurrence from almost a decade ago.

You're "opinion" = worthless, carver.

Jesus Christ... doh

dont get angry just debate. You all are showing me space scans. Irrelevant and like you said worthless. Anyone with sufficient speed can go that fast in space. Show me a scan on earth please. Cant do it.

Like I have said superman writers along with other dc writers in the year of 2007<<<< have stated that superman dont go close to the speed of light. Writers opinion>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>any opinion you would ever bring upon the table. roll eyes (sarcastic)

carver9
As batdude, somewhat rudely pointed out, that comic is quite old. It's like me using Thing's first appearances to say that he's only class 5, so any feat of him lifting more than five tons is bullshit.

Also; Spiderman beat firelord once. T'Challa held the surfer once.

PIS is PIS.

Superman has exceeded C dozens of times.

In space, yep he has. Not downing you about that.

batdude123
dont get angry just debate. You all are showing me space scans. Irrelevant and like you said worthless. Anyone with sufficient speed can go that fast in space. Show me a scan on earth please. Cant do it.

Like I have said superman writers along with other dc writers in the year of 2007<<<< have stated that superman dont go close to the speed of light. Writers opinion>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>any opinion you would ever bring upon the table. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Here ya go:

Now run along and go play with the other retards.

And as Sol already pointed out, Superman exceeded the speed of light while inside of a black hole.

SnazzySmurph
Like I have said superman writers along with other dc writers in the year of 2007<<<< have stated I don't think their statements are official if they're from the future. Call me a racist (timeist?), but it's just my two cents.

carver9
Originally posted by SnazzySmurph
I don't think their statements are official if they're from the future. Call me a racist (timeist?), but it's just my two cents.

You know what i meant. These things was said this year.

carver9
Here ya go:

And as Sol already pointed out, Superman exceeded the speed of light while inside of a black hole.

Well Im glad that you posted that because when i used that same argument about cell and other dragonball z characters knocking blasts out of the air and dodging blast and catching blasts there argument was, how do you know that the blast was going the speed of light. So since you are using that as a argument then dbz characters has been moving the speed of light since the regular dragonball era. Dont you agree soljer.

By the way batdude, calm down and just debate.

Hannibal-Lector
When you say at there very best, are you counting black adam in WW3 Adam? if so id say team 2 cause if i recall, he was crazy in that

carver9
By the way batdude that wasnt the speed of light.

carver9
Here ya go:

what made you say this was the speed of light when it wasnt said in the book. If quicksilver was durable enough he could have pulled that same feat. Firestorm got his hands out ready to blast. Wow you are putting words in comics mouths.

Airwalker
Here ya go:

Not to join Carver's side or anything, but that particular scan doesn't prove much. I honestly don't see where the light speed part takes place, but I could be wrong.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Not to join Carver's side or anything, but that particular scan doesn't prove much. I honestly don't see where the light speed part takes place, but I could be wrong.

The only way to escape a black hole is to go far beyond light speed. Black holes swallow light like a queer swallows kids.

quanchi112
Originally posted by nvrbeenwthagirl
The only way to escape a black hole is to go far beyond light speed. Black holes swallow light like a queer swallows kids. laughing

carver9
The only way to escape a black hole is to go far beyond light speed. Black holes swallow light like a queer swallows kids.

and that would be one feat that superman would never do in his entire career. I call that spiderman vs firelord feat.

masterbruce
like a queer swallows kids.

what the hell does that even mean? confused

quanchi112
what the hell does that even mean? confused it was funny though. kinds didnt make sense but funny nonetheless.

Airwalker

Again, travel speed has nothing to do with combat speed/reflexes.

Btw. You swallow kids? sick

quanchi112
Again, travel speed has nothing to do with combat speed/reflexes.

Btw. You swallow kids? sick laughing

batdude123

Firestorm's energy blasts = speed of light.

And dumb shits like carver have made the vs. forum suck nowadays.

Soljer
Souja - firestorm's blasts travel at lightspeed. Superman was no where near him, but managed to move close to Firestorm, AND put his hand out to block the blast.

And to carver - no, I don't agree. Check the Budokai in the Buu saga. Someone compared one of the ki blasts to a rocket. They obviously don't travel at the speed of light....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.