Anybody else happy that Owen Wilson survived his attempt at suicide?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Slay
I for one am. His death would mean that I'd be jobless, but we'd also miss out on many great movies featuring him with either Ben Stiller, Vince Vaughn or Matt Dillon.

=Tired Hiker=
How would you be jobless? And yeah, I'm glad he didn't die, but I hope he gets some serious help, and none of that Lindsay Lohan camp rehab bullsh*t set in the woods with teenagers teaching you how to play ping pong and white water rafting. I wonder about that film industry.

Kelly_Bean
Yes, 'cause I lurves Owen. He's really funny and I used to have a big crush on him.

Vinny Valentine
Slit his wrist and took pills.

Unpleasant.

Slay
Originally posted by =Tired Hiker=
How would you be jobless? And yeah, I'm glad he didn't die, but I hope he gets some serious help, and none of that Lindsay Lohan camp rehab bullsh*t set in the woods with teenagers teaching you how to play ping pong and white water rafting. I wonder about that film industry.
Because I work as an Owen Wilson look-a-like. ermm

Secretus
He supposedly has a history of depression. Very tough disease to deal with ..

Tattoo
Originally posted by Slay

There are still Elvis look-a-likes. ermm

Slay
Originally posted by Tattoo
There are still Elvis look-a-likes. ermm
Seriously, who wants to be Elvis nowadays? The big business is in comedians and Anna Nicole Smith. ermm

Shelbert Lemon
Originally posted by Secretus
He supposedly has a history of depression. Very tough disease to deal with .. Very tough.

Im glad he wasnt successful in his suicide attempt. Hopefully he has good support from his family and friends and gets the help he needs.

~Da Moose~
I for one am. His death would mean that I'd be jobless, but we'd also miss out on many great movies featuring him with either Ben Stiller, Vince Vaughn or Matt Dillon.

hysterical

Jobless....classic.

=Tired Hiker=

Well, you could technically still have a job if he had died. erm

Oomny
Owen Wilson tried to commit sucide What the f**k?

it be a big loss if he succeded.

Violent2Dope
You know you're a pathetic loser if you can't even kill yourself right.

Oomny
Originally posted by Violent2Dope
You know you're a pathetic loser if you can't even kill yourself right.

yes but your also pretty darn lucky erm

Violent2Dope
Originally posted by Oomny
yes but your also pretty darn lucky erm No, he wanted to die, he failed, and will fail at everything.

~KoK!~
Because I work as an Owen Wilson look-a-like. ermm Dolly Parton once came in third in a Dolly Parton look-a-like contest.

Oomny
No, he wanted to die, he failed, and will fail at everything.

touche..but thats not what the family thinks

Violent2Dope
touche..but thats not what the family thinks The family is blinded by ridiculous emotion, it doesn't matter what they think, Owen wanted death, failed at it, and now must endure sessions of therapy and tons sympathetic fan-mail. Worse than hell.

Rogue Jedi
I for one am. His death would mean that I'd be jobless, but we'd also miss out on many great movies featuring him with either Ben Stiller, Vince Vaughn or Matt Dillon. I am happy when ANYONE survives a suicide attempt.

Violent2Dope
I'm not, you all are so selfish, what about how the suicidalist feels?

Rogue Jedi
I'm not, you all are so selfish, what about how the suicidalist feels? suicide is NEVER the answer. NEVER.

~KoK!~
When people attempt to commit suicide, it's often because they think they've failed life.

When they fail at killing themself, that grief increases.

They should just die.

Kelly_Bean
I'm not, you all are so selfish, what about how the suicidalist feels?
Yes but it's obvious that you've obviously never dealt with REAL TRUE depression in your life. People like this have disorders that they were born with. I'm sure as hell he didn't request this at birth.

Bardock42
I for one am. His death would mean that I'd be jobless, but we'd also miss out on many great movies featuring him with either Ben Stiller, Vince Vaughn or Matt Dillon. Agreed. Like his work.

Violent2Dope
Originally posted by Kelly_Bean
Yes but it's obvious that you've obviously never dealt with REAL TRUE depression in your life. People like this have disorders that they were born with. I'm sure as hell he didn't request this at birth. Really? How about not assuming what my life has been like, kay? I was not being serious the whole thread(think you all would know this by nowerm). I like Owen as an actor. Of course I'm glad he didn't die.

Whisper
I'm so glad he didn't kill himself. I love the man. If he's depressed and wants a BJ or anything to cheer himself up then he should be aware that I'm here for him. cry

InnerRise
Yes but it's obvious that you've obviously never dealt with REAL TRUE depression in your life. People like this have disorders that they were born with. I'm sure as hell he didn't request this at birth. Dumb no expression

anata wa wakarimasu ka.....

2D_MASTER
Owen Wilson is living (well, half-living) proof of how much America loves no-talent assh*les.

Originally posted by InnerRise
Dumb no expression

Understatement.

Kelly_Bean
Really? How about not assuming what my life has been like, kay? I was not being serious the whole thread(think you all would know this by nowerm). I like Owen as an actor. Of course I'm glad he didn't die.
How about not assuming about his FIRST?

InnerRise
How about not assuming about his FIRST? How about not assuming about him SECOND?

"People like this have disorders"?????????? They do? Really? I didn't realize that was a prerequisite. no expression

"They were born with it"????????????????? Really now? So he was destined to slit his wrist and pop pills ever since conception? Interesting. no expression

"I'm sure as hell he didn't request this at birth"??????????????? How in the hell do you know what he requested at birth? You weren't even born. no expression

JacopeX
Yes, I am happy he did not let his mind go to the way of ending it.

There are many good reasons for suicide since I understand it and well I go to therapy for it. But it is better to live.

Stay strong Owen. smile

Bardock42
How about not assuming about his FIRST? Well, to be fair, he's the guy who tried to kill himself. Naturally we should first assume that...well...he wanted to kill himself at that point.

If you have any evidence to the contrary I am all for it.

Kelly_Bean
Originally posted by Bardock42
Well, to be fair, he's the guy who tried to kill himself. Naturally we should first assume that...well...he wanted to kill himself at that point.

If you have any evidence to the contrary I am all for it.
Quit leaving me speechless..

If I had known that he was actually joking then I never would've said it, but it's hard to tell through words, especially if the sarcasm blends in.

InnerRise

If I had known that he was actually joking then I never would've said it, but it's hard to tell through words, especially if the sarcasm blends in. If you can't tell if someone is joking over the internet, then how can you detect sarcasm?

Interesting.

Anata wa wakarimasu ka.....

InnerRise
Originally posted by JacopeX

There are many good reasons for suicide since I understand it and well I go to therapy for it. But it is better to live.

Stay strong Owen. smile No offense, but considering the company you tend to attract, I wouldn't give them anymore ammunition than necessary. erm

Bardock42
No offense, but considering the company you tend to attract, I wouldn't give them anymore ammunition than necessary. erm

Why, an honest, non stupid, post should not deserve any bashing...

InnerRise
Why, an honest, non stupid, post should not deserve any bashing... I think you know KMC by now.

Tattoo
Originally posted by JacopeX

Stay strong Owen. smile

His mind did go to the point of ending it. ermm He slashed his wrist and tried to OD on pills, were it not for his brother he would be dead.

2D_MASTER
His mind did go to the point of ending it. ermm He slashed his wrist and tried to OD on pills, were it not for his brother he would be dead.

... nice call, InneRise.

Scythe
He needs to be crucified.

2D_MASTER
Originally posted by Scythe

Moi?

Kelly_Bean
I'll crucify you....*Evil grin*

Strangelove
His mind did go to the point of ending it. ermm He slashed his wrist and tried to OD on pills, were it not for his brother he would be dead. Originally posted by 2D_MASTER
... nice call, InneRise. Originally posted by Tattoo

Scythe
I'll crucify you....*Evil grin*

Uh-Oh

Selina*Starfire

Me. oh I'm a huge fan. yes It's sad he's going through this, though. sad I know what depression is like. confused

Scythe

Alpha Centauri
There is no "attempted" suicide.

You either genuinely want to go all the way or you don't. If someone genuinely wanted to kill themselves and reach death, they'd jump in front of a train, not do it in a way that could possibly not work.

-AC

Dreamt
I for one am. His death would mean that I'd be jobless, but we'd also miss out on many great movies featuring him with either Ben Stiller, Vince Vaughn or Matt Dillon. Originally posted by Kelly_Bean
Yes, 'cause I lurves Owen. He's really funny and I used to have a big crush on him. Originally posted by Kelly_Bean
Yes, 'cause I lurves Owen. He's really funny and I used to have a big crush on him. Originally posted by Kelly_Bean
Yes, 'cause I lurves Owen. He's really funny and I used to have a big crush on him.

Dreamt
How about not assuming about him SECOND?

"People like this have disorders"?????????? They do? Really? I didn't realize that was a prerequisite. no expression

"They were born with it"????????????????? Really now? So he was destined to slit his wrist and pop pills ever since conception? Interesting. no expression

"I'm sure as hell he didn't request this at birth"??????????????? How in the hell do you know what he requested at birth? You weren't even born. no expression lmfao

Roulette
Yeah, I'm happy that he survived. He's a funny guy...seems really nice too. When I first heard the news, it was a massive slap in the face. Just goes to show you...people aren't always as happy as they seem.

Originally posted by Dreamt
lmfao

oh I know you! What up, man? ^-^

=Tired Hiker=
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri

You either genuinely want to go all the way or you don't. If someone genuinely wanted to kill themselves and reach death, they'd jump in front of a train, not do it in a way that could possibly not work.

-AC

So then what is it called if someone tries to kill them self and fails in doing so? hmm

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by =Tired Hiker=
So then what is it called if someone tries to kill them self and fails in doing so? hmm

A cry for help, or ineptitude.

If someone in that situation says "But I really want to die.", I will laugh. If you really want to, there are ways to make sure you succeed.

-AC

Oomny
Alright,we got all the information on the sucide attempt. but what the hell did he want to commit sucide? did he think his movies sucked or something? did the money like get to his head

=Tired Hiker=
A cry for help, or ineptitude.

If someone in that situation says "But I really want to die.", I will laugh. If you really want to, there are ways to make sure you succeed.

-AC

I see your point, but he could still have died.

=Tired Hiker=
Alright,we got all the information on the sucide attempt. but what the hell did he want to commit sucide? did he think his movies sucked or something? did the money like get to his head

I kinda wonder if he felt bad for stealing Kate Hudson away from that rocker dude who she had a family with. Didn't he wreck their marriage? I could be wrong, but if he did, that guilt might be hard to cope with. And I know that it takes two to wreck a marriage and yada yada, but break ups mess with your mind yo.

Rogue Jedi

-AC so would that also mean that there is no such a thing as attempted murder?

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
so would that also mean that there is no such a thing as attempted murder?

No, how did you work that one out?

If you try to kill someone and through no fault of your own, they escape, survive, defend themselves or all manner of other scenarios, it's an attempted, but avoided, murder.

You can make sure, with no interference, that you die.

-AC

The Pict
Quite shocked he tried to top himself. Glad he survived.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Whisper
I'm so glad he didn't kill himself. I love the man. If he's depressed and wants a BJ or anything to cheer himself up then he should be aware that I'm here for him. cry

how could anyone miss this post? a BJ? this is amazing... big grin

Rogue Jedi
No, how did you work that one out?

If you try to kill someone and through no fault of your own, they escape, survive, defend themselves or all manner of other scenarios, it's an attempted, but avoided, murder.

You can make sure, with no interference, that you die.

-AC I think I will leave this one be. I love you. heartbeat no big grin

Leo.M
I wonder why he did it. hmm

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by dadudemon
how could anyone miss this post? a BJ? this is amazing... big grin BJ's are always amazing.

Bardock42

-AC Though your point that there are only few attempted suicides might be true, I would point out that there actually are.

Even someone that jumps in front of a train can survive. Someone that sucks on a shotgun can.

I suppose you are right that you can make very close to 100% sure that you die, but if I'd kill myself, I figure shooting myself in the head before jumping in front of a train should do the job. Yet...it might not.

Secretus
Originally posted by Leo.M

Now I heard he was using heroin and cocaine.

That I believe is speculation though.

ADarksideJedi
Yea I am!THat actor is really funny and I love all his movies.I was shock when going through the channels and seeing his picture and listen to it for alittle bit.
Not to sound mean or anything but this maybe a newest thing for a fad in hollywood.and we have Spears to thank for that.jm

Rogue Jedi
Though your point that there are only few attempted suicides might be true, I would point out that there actually are.

Even someone that jumps in front of a train can survive. Someone that sucks on a shotgun can.

I suppose you are right that you can make very close to 100% sure that you die, but if I'd kill myself, I figure shooting myself in the head before jumping in front of a train should do the job. Yet...it might not. what I was gonna say, more or less.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
what I was gonna say, more or less. Just that you chickened out. Probably afraid to oppose AC, especially since you couldn't articulate it in such a genius way as I did.

Barker
New movies?

Just because he survived doesn't mean he'll make more. ermm

Kelly_Bean
Uh-Oh
And you too!

Oomny
Originally posted by Barker
New movies?

Just because he survived doesn't mean he'll make more. ermm

he'll without a doubt try it again erm

I hope he fails again

TRH
I for one am. His death would mean that I'd be jobless, but we'd also miss out on many great movies featuring him with either Ben Stiller, Vince Vaughn or Matt Dillon. Yes I am,very much so,so sad

FoxMeister
I wouldnt think someone who has been in mostly comedies (not always) would do something like that. I hope he does make more films cause he is the funniest (mabye) happy0069

InnerRise
Owen Wilson is an Alcoholic and addicted to Pills and has a history of depression b/c of it.

This mixed in with other reasons is why he attempted suicide as far as I know. No particular reason has been stated.

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Originally posted by Leo.M

Rumors are swirling around here in L.A., that he had a bad break up with Kate Hudson. Its also because of his drug habit.

Captain REX
All this thread proves is that Violent2Dope is completely insensitive and that I'm glad he survived.

Alpha Centauri
Though your point that there are only few attempted suicides might be true, I would point out that there actually are.

I suppose you are right that you can make very close to 100% sure that you die, but if I'd kill myself, I figure shooting myself in the head before jumping in front of a train should do the job. Yet...it might not.

But in that case you can tell they genuinely wanted to. You don't shoot yourself in the face and expect that you'll survive, or jump in front of a train and expect to walk away. That's proof that their survival was chance.

"I OVERDOSED ON PILLS!" doesn't cut it.

-AC

Rogue Jedi
Just that you chickened out. Probably afraid to oppose AC, especially since you couldn't articulate it in such a genius way as I did. get over yourself. and....wrong. because I have never opposed him before, have I?

Dreamt
Originally posted by Roulette
Yeah, I'm happy that he survived. He's a funny guy...seems really nice too. When I first heard the news, it was a massive slap in the face. Just goes to show you...people aren't always as happy as they seem.

oh I know you! What up, man? ^-^ What's up? How've you been? smile

Scythe
And you too!

Ee-Oh

Faith27
Me..I'm happy that Owen Wilson survived his suicide attempt. He shouldn't waste his life because of Kate...Kate left him and its her lost. Besides Owen is a well known actor anybody can love this actor and he can forget what Kate done to him.

Violent2Dope

If I had known that he was actually joking then I never would've said it, but it's hard to tell through words, especially if the sarcasm blends in. Considering this is the way I act on almost every OTF thread, and you participate in most of them, I'd of think you would have known by know that I'm joking.erm

Bardock42
But in that case you can tell they genuinely wanted to. You don't shoot yourself in the face and expect that you'll survive, or jump in front of a train and expect to walk away. That's proof that their survival was chance.

"I OVERDOSED ON PILLS!" doesn't cut it.

-AC Yes, I agree.

Violent2Dope

-AC Really? Well, maybe you should just not assume that every failed suicide is a cry for attention(it's basically what you are implying)?

Tattoo
Originally posted by Faith27
Me..I'm happy that Owen Wilson survived his suicide attempt. He shouldn't waste his life because of Kate...Kate left him and its her lost. Besides Owen is a well known actor anybody can love this actor and he can forget what Kate done to him.

AKA, people love him because of what he does as a career and love him because he's famous?

That's the stupidest shit I've ever heard. That won't help him forget a woman he truly loved. If it did, he's no more shallow than people like you who would use fame for sex.

InnerRise
Originally posted by Faith27
Me..I'm happy that Owen Wilson survived his suicide attempt. He shouldn't waste his life because of Kate...Kate left him and its her lost. Besides Owen is a well known actor anybody can love this actor and he can forget what Kate done to him. Wow......you KNOW so little.

Alpha Centauri
How many have met Owen Wilson? How many HERE, I mean.

If the answer is none, then none of you know more about him as a person than the next guy, so stop claiming such.

-AC

Nivvy
Hmm, i wasn't big on a lot of stuff he has worked on. So really, i don't care >.> What a heartless bastard I R

Alpha Centauri
How is it heartless not to care about someone you...don't...care about?

-AC

C. C. Cowgirl

-AC

Unforgivable ermm

Nivvy
Just by comparison really, your statement is very much true though. Everybody is feeling so compelling towards him.... with their nice words. So yeah, everything is relative to comparison << My angle.

If i don't make sense.... My bad. :P

Bardock42

-AC That's what Satan said too after he ate a baby.

Do you condone eating babies?

Sicko!

Alpha Centauri
Of course I do, nothing quite like cannibalism.

-AC

Rogue Jedi
I prefer the hamstrings of a very toned soccer player with a side of Lima beans. yes

Melcórë
EDIT: A.C. beat me to it....

SelphieT
I heard this "suicide attempt" was just a rumor. Oh well.

Yeah, I'm glad he survived, him and his goofy nose.

His best film EVER was Bottle Rocket.

Long live the character "Dignin".

SelphieT
Zoolander was on yesterday night! Hansel this, Hansel that!

Scythe
Crucify!

Burning thought
that always happens, poor dude tries to die and people keep stopping him, someone should put him out of his misery and shoot him in the head

SelphieT
Originally posted by Burning thought
that always happens, poor dude tries to die and people keep stopping him, someone should put him out of his misery and shoot him in the head

Well, he may realize that whatever was making him sad, wasn't worth it later in his life. Who knows, he might just be thankful later.

Burning thought
unlikely, since if he has depression its going to make him worse and worse, its unlikely he will just forget whatever has made him sad and when he remembers it at a later date, likely if something else makes him sad he may try again

its just sad that someone has to stop him from the peacefulness of death, why is it such a crime for the poor guy to want to end his torment, they allow those people who are in physical pain or paralysed to be killed by doctors...why is it so diffrent when its mental, mental pain can be much worse

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.