Dr Doom vs BatMan 1M

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Caps Conscience
Both get 30 min prep. Fight takes place in Latveria.

Galan007
B1M in a stomp.

invisiblewoman
Originally posted by Galan007
B1M in a stomp. I wonder if the "soul stealing" method, work on Doom? confused

batdude123
Why wouldn't it?

Galan007
Originally posted by invisiblewoman
I wonder if the "soul stealing" method, work on Doom? confused Yes.

nvrbeenwthagirl
B1M in a stomp.

Um No. Dr. Doom is also the world's 2nd most powerful Mage.

Galan007
Originally posted by nvrbeenwthagirl
Um No. Dr. Doom is also the world's 2nd most powerful Mage. And?

Tell me what Doom will do to B1M.

guy222
Originally posted by Caps Conscience

bats 1m

Harry Fingerman
How would Bats win besides the soul stealing technique (which to my knowledge was only used on an unconscious Batman)?

Hell, what would he do about the shield first, and foremost?

King_Mungi
Um No. Dr. Doom is also the world's 2nd most powerful Mage.

No he isn't. FAR from it

masterbruce
And?

Doom has better feats than B1M, so according to your logic (remember how you dissed Superman Prime) Doom should win

nvrbeenwthagirl
And?

Well Doom has magic and tech. I'd say it's fair to say Batman won't curbstomp. I don't know who'd win to be honest. But I dont' see doom going down with 30 minutes of prep to anyone in a curbstomp. If Dr. Fate Equals Dr. Strange, And zatanna is DC's 2nd most powerful mage, I'd wager doom is somewhere in her hood. Now mix in reed lvl intelligence, and a super suit and I'd say Batman 1million is in for the fight of his life.

Galan007
Originally posted by Harry Fingerman
Hell, what would he do about the shield first, and foremost? B1M's suit allows him control over tech.

He can also manifest artificial tech >>>> the Batman of this era's tech, with a gesture.

Galan007
Well Doom has magic and tech. I'd say it's fair to say Batman won't curbstomp. I don't know who'd win to be honest. But I dont' see doom going down with 30 minutes of prep to anyone in a curbstomp. If Dr. Fate Equals Dr. Strange, And zatanna is DC's 2nd most powerful mage, I'd wager doom is somewhere in her hood. Now mix in reed lvl intelligence, and a super suit and I'd say Batman 1million is in for the fight of his life. First off,

Zatanna >> Doom (as far as magic goes).

Secondly,

Do you realize that "Reed level intelligence" is nothing to B1M?

Harry Fingerman
B1M's suit allows him control over tech.

He can also manifest artificial tech >>>> the Batman of this era's tech, with a gesture. The only time I've really seen it disabled, was when Guardian overrode his electromagnetic frequencies.

I'm not sure how Batman's suit would work on that.

Caps Conscience
First off,

Zatanna >> Doom (as far as magic goes).

Secondly,

Do you realize that "Reed level intelligence" is nothing to B1M?

You got to have feats to back your last statement up. If not Doom is as smart as him.

llagrok
I'd take Talisman's magic over Doom's any day of the week :/

While he is still very powerful, he is not the 2nd most powerful sorceror on Earth.

Galan007
The only time I've really seen it disabled, was when Guardian overrode his electromagnetic frequencies.

I'm not sure how Batman's suit would work on that. Me either. srug
You got to have feats to back your last statement up. If not Doom is as smart as him. Batman's IQ of 1,045 perhaps?

masterbruce
Me either. srug
Batman's IQ of 1,045 perhaps?

ummm, that's not a feat

Soljer
Me either. srug
Batman's IQ of 1,045 perhaps?

Everyone here knows how subjective IQ's are. Not to mention the fact that one big number means nothing if there is not a smaller number to compare it to - maybe my memory is failing, but has Doom's IQ ever been stated on panel?

Galan007
Originally posted by masterbruce
ummm, that's not a feat Really?

Swanky-Tuna
Batman 1m has like 2 feats.

masterbruce
Really?

no, your IQ is a 'characteristic', not a feat, which is something you 'do' to demonstrate your abilities

Galan007
Originally posted by Soljer
Everyone here knows how subjective IQ's are. Not to mention the fact that one big number means nothing if there is not a smaller number to compare it to - maybe my memory is failing, but has Doom's IQ ever been stated on panel? All I was thinking is that Ultimate Reed, (who's been nearly as impressive as his 616 counterpart, imo), has an IQ of 300.

But as far as the reasons why I think B1M takes this...

The ability to control and manifest extremely advanced tech + possessing New Genosian tech + avatar creating + gadgets like a "soul stealing" device.

Just my opinion. smile

Caps Conscience
Soul stealing won't work because with 30 min prep Doom can caste a spell to cancel that.

Galan007
Soul stealing won't work because with 30 min prep Doom can caste a spell to cancel that. Proof?

Soljer
All I was thinking is that Ultimate Reed, (who's been nearly as impressive as his 616 counterpart, imo), has an IQ of 300.

But as far as the reasons why I think B1M takes this...

The ability to control and manifest extremely advanced tech + possessing New Genosian tech + avatar creating + gadgets like a "soul stealing" device.

Just my opinion. smile

Not saying I think Doom wins, I just don't think that your reasoning is spot on. And Ultimate != 616, so it's really hard to compare the two like that.

Galan007
I just don't think that your reasoning is spot on.
Why?

Because these were the reasons I felt B1M could defeat Doom?:

I think my reasoning is perfectly logical. smile
And Ultimate != 616, so it's really hard to compare the two like that. I'm well aware that the Ultimate Universe and the 616 Universe are not the same.

But in terms of impressiveness on panel, Ult. Reed has been just as impressive as 616 Reed, (in terms of intelligence imo), and Ult. Reed's IQ = 300.... Just saying

However, that's not really any kind of point I'm trying to make lol.

Soljer
Why?

Because these were the reasons I felt B1M could defeat Doom?:

I think my reasoning is perfectly logical. smile
I'm well aware that the Ultimate Universe and the 616 Universe are not the same.

But in terms of impressiveness on panel, Ult. Reed has been just as impressive as 616 Reed, (in terms of intelligence imo), and Ult. Reed's IQ = 300.... Just saying

However, that's not really any kind of point I'm trying to make lol.

No, your reasoning that "A thousand is a lot, so Batman wins."

erm.

As to the end of your post, how have reed or doom's most impressive intellignece/tech feats compared to Batman 1M?

I could just as easily say that since Doom has done things I doubt many could envision said Batman accomplishing, CERTAINLY he would have to have a several-thousand IQ, rather than going the reverse direction and comparing him to UltiReed, who has a 300 IQ.

Validus
Proof?
It's the bullshit benefit of doubt Doom gets in every thread that involves prep.

Galan007
No, your reasoning that "A thousand is a lot, so Batman wins."

erm.

As to the end of your post, how have reed or doom's most impressive intellignece/tech feats compared to Batman 1M?

I could just as easily say that since Doom has done things I doubt many could envision said Batman accomplishing, CERTAINLY he would have to have a several-thousand IQ, rather than going the reverse direction and comparing him to UltiReed, who has a 300 IQ. You're stuck on that IQ statement.

As I've said a few times now, that's not my reasoning behind why I believe B1M wins. smile

Galan007
Originally posted by Validus
It's the bullshit benefit of doubt Doom gets in every thread that involves prep. Exactly.

Kinda reminds me of Batman in this clip:

6ek-fDygjcQ

Caps Conscience
Originally posted by Validus
It's the bullshit benefit of doubt Doom gets in every thread that involves prep.

Dude knows magic on a pretty high level going out on a limb and saying that he can caste spell to protect his soul is reasonable.

Soljer
You're stuck on that IQ statement.

As I've said a few times now, that's not my reasoning behind why I believe B1M wins. smile

Fair enough, but you gotta be aware that it certainly sounded as if it were your reasoning that Batman is smarter because 1045 is a big number. erm.

Galan007
Fair enough, but you gotta be aware that it certainly sounded as if it were your reasoning that Batman is smarter because 1045 is a big number. erm. I posted B1M's massive IQ, and gave my reasoning behind doing so.

But never once did I make his IQ the basis as to why I feel Bats takes this. smile

Soljer
I posted B1M's massive IQ, and gave my reasoning behind doing so.

But never once did I make his IQ the basis as to why I feel Bats takes this. smile

No, but you DID use it as your reasoning that Batman 1M is smarter...

"Reed level intelligence is nothing to Batman."

"Why?"

"Cause his IQ is big!"

Galan007
No, but you DID use it as your reasoning that Batman 1M is smarter...

"Reed level intelligence is nothing to Batman."

"Why?"

"Cause his IQ is big!" No.

I replied with, "Batman's IQ of 1045 perhaps?"

I then told you why I even mentioned that number in the first place.

Again, it was never any kind of basis for my decision. smile

Soljer
No.

I replied with, "Batman's IQ of 1045 perhaps?"

I then told you why I even mentioned that number in the first place. smile

Again, it was never any kind of basis for my decision. smile

Maybe not to you, but I'm sure that you can see how anyone else reading the sequence of posts could infer that it was, no?

Galan007
Maybe not to you, but I'm sure that you can see how anyone else reading the sequence of posts could infer that it was, no? I don't see how. (Unless someone only looked at that one post).

Especially when in every subsequent post I made after the 1045 comment, I specifically said that wasn't why I felt Batman takes this. smile

Soljer
I don't see how. (Unless someone only looked at that one post).

Especially when in every subsequent post I made after the 1045 comment, I specifically said that wasn't why I felt Batman takes this. smile

Only after someone called you on it, erm.

Galan007
Only after someone called you on it, erm. There was never a need for me to explain why I said that untill someone (you stick out tongue), brought it up.

Caps Conscience
What can Batman 1m do to counter Dooms Magik.

Galan007
What can Batman 1m do to counter Dooms Magik. I guess there's not,

Because anything I say Bats can do, will just be countered with something resembling this post:Originally posted by Caps Conscience
Soul stealing won't work because with 30 min prep Doom can caste a spell to cancel that.

So.... srug

Soljer
Maybe Doom can use a spell, maybe he can't, but there is little evidence to suggest that Batman 1M would have been able to soul steal a resisting opponent. erm.

darthgoober
I know virtually nothing of Batman 1M, but I will say that I think that Doom's tech is being severely underestimated here. People have to remember that Doom doesn't just have some of the best tech on Marvel Earth, he's also mastered the tech of the Ovoids and the Microverse, both of which are astronomically ahead of anything found on Earth outside of Reed Richards lab. What's more, Doom utilizes an amalgam of science AND magic for his most impressive equipment, so I'm not sure that Batman 1M will be able to override Doom's control over it.

Galan007
Maybe Doom can use a spell, maybe he can't, but there is little evidence to suggest that Batman 1M would have been able to soul steal a resisting opponent. erm. That's your opinion.

One you are entitled too. smile
Originally posted by darthgoober
I know virtually nothing of Batman 1M, but I will say that I think that Doom's tech is being severely underestimated here. People have to remember that Doom doesn't just have some of the best tech on Marvel Earth, he's also mastered the tech of the Ovoids and the Microverse, both of which are astronomically ahead of anything found on Earth outside of Reed Richards lab. What's more, Doom utilizes an amalgam of science AND magic for his most impressive equipment, so I'm not sure that Batman 1M will be able to override Doom's control over it. I'm not sure B1M could overide Doom's tech either.

All I want to express is that B1M's tech of the 853rd century, is of New Genosian composition. It's not Earth based either. smile

darthgoober
All I want to express is that B1M's tech, is of New Genosian composition. It's not Earth based either. smile

I know(from your earlier post). That's actually why I brought up the off world tech available to Doom. Some people(not talking about you) have a bad habit of assuming that just because guys (like Supes or Batman 1M) have access to alien tech that it just HAS to be leaps and bounds ahead of anything found on Marvel Earth so I like to point out that while that's POSSIBLY the case, it's by no means definite because Doom and Reed have both created devices on par with any tech I've seen in comics.

Soljer
That's your opinion.

One you are entitled too. smile

So, from this comment, am I to take it that it's YOUR opinion that since Batman 1M could steal the soul from a knocked out human athlete, that he could CERTAINLY steal the one from a resisting sorcerer who has failsafe after failsafe installed and worked through?

Galan007
I know(from your earlier post). That's actually why I brought up the off world tech available to Doom. Some people(not talking about you) have a bad habit of assuming that just because guys (like Supes or Batman 1M) have access to alien tech that it just HAS to be leaps and bounds ahead of anything found on Marvel Earth so I like to point out that while that's POSSIBLY the case, it's by no means definite because Doom and Reed have both created devices on par with any tech I've seen in comics. Agreed.

When I made my first post in this thread, I'd forgotten about Doom's mysticism.

Though I don't think it would give him anywhere near as great of an edge as some are claiming, I do think it would make this much closer of a battle.

And while I'd still give B1M the slight edge, (for aforementioned reasons of my own), it would be a very close battle imo.

Galan007
So, from this comment, am I to take it that it's YOUR opinion that since Batman 1M could steal the soul from a knocked out human athlete, that he could CERTAINLY steal the one from a resisting sorcerer who has failsafe after failsafe installed and worked through? I don't recall ever saying that.

I only recall listing that as one of my reasons why I personally feel B1M takes this. smile

DARKLORDCAEDUS

Bats 1 mil easily

Soljer
I don't recall ever saying that.

I only recall listing that as one of my reasons why I personally feel B1M takes this. smile

You didn't answer my question.

My question was not 'have you stated the following?'

It was 'is it your opinion that the following is true?'

So....well?

Galan007
So....well? Doom is still human, thus his soul could eventually be taken by Bats, imo.

Now where the real debate lies is whether or not Batman's tech is able to control Doom's tech, and also the degree of magic Doom could conjure in that 30 minute time frame..

For those questions, there is no clear answer I'm aware of. smile

Soljer
Doom is still human, thus his soul could eventually be taken by Bats, imo.

No where the real debate lies is whether or not Batman's tech is able to control Doom's tech, and also the degree of magic Doom could conjure in that 30 minute time frame..

For those questions, there is no clear answer I'm aware of. smile

Eventually? I agree.

But while he is still conscious and resisting? I don't think there's enough evidence to say with a certainty that he COULD.

Reasonable doubt, so to speak. If there isn't proof that he can, then, he probably can't. erm.

Galan007
Eventually? I agree.

But while he is still conscious and resisting? I don't think there's enough evidence to say with a certainty that he COULD.

Reasonable doubt, so to speak. If there isn't proof that he can, then, he probably can't. erm. Meh,

B1M would just give Doom the same "Razzle-Dazzle" he gave to our era's Batman...

Psy-Blast + 853rd century Bat-Kick = KO = Soul Steal ftw.

Simple logic really. stick out tongue

Soljer
Meh,

B1M would just give Doom the same "Razzle-Dazzle" he gave to our era's Batman...

Psy-Blast + 853rd century Bat-Kick = KO = Soul Steal ftw.

Simple logic really. stick out tongue

Hard to batkick when you're trapped in the crimson bands of Cyttorak.

Merlyn
Batman one million takes the majority IMO.

As far as tech goes, one of Doom's most impressive inventions is a time machine, which by Doom's own accord is very unreliable.

Yet time traveling devices are pretty much standard equipment for everyone in the JLA one million, so that just goes to show how ahead of Doom Batman would be in the tech dept. And as was already said, if Batman's suit has the capacity to control Doom's tech, (which seems very plausible), then that's just one way he could take this, IMO.

Galan007
Hard to batkick when you're trapped in the crimson bands of Cyttorak.

313. Perhaps you didn't grasp what I said.

This is The Bat-Kick we're talking about here. stick out tongue

Soljer
Perhaps you didn't grasp what I said.

This is The Bat-Kick we're talking about here. stick out tongue

Sure, he could batkick THROUGH the bands if they were holding someone else.

But if he's incapacitated, he cannot INITIATE the batkick. stick out tongue.

Galan007
Sure, he could batkick THROUGH the bands if they were holding someone else.

But if he's incapacitated, he cannot INITIATE the batkick. stick out tongue. pfft

Sounds like someone is underestimating the Bat-Kick. laughing out loud

TricksterPriest
I know(from your earlier post). That's actually why I brought up the off world tech available to Doom. Some people(not talking about you) have a bad habit of assuming that just because guys (like Supes or Batman 1M) have access to alien tech that it just HAS to be leaps and bounds ahead of anything found on Marvel Earth so I like to point out that while that's POSSIBLY the case, it's by no means definite because Doom and Reed have both created devices on par with any tech I've seen in comics.

Umm, Goober? New Gods technology IS leaps and bounds ahead of almost everything I've seen on Marvel Earth. erm I don't see Doom being able to create tech better than a motherbox. Or even creating something comparable.

darthgoober
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Umm, Goober? New Gods technology IS leaps and bounds ahead of almost everything I've seen on Marvel Earth. erm I don't see Doom being able to create tech better than a motherbox. Or even creating something comparable.
What are the Mother Box's biggest feats?

masterbruce

doing utterly nothing against Doomsday

TricksterPriest

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mother_Box

Supes vs. H/P DD fight, Genesis box from "Rock of Ages", Orion's various uses of it, Oracle linking up to all the technology in the world, TP, energy manip, etc. It's a plot device, on par with a GL ring or Mjolnir in it's versatility.

Soljer

Supes vs. H/P DD fight, Genesis box from "Rock of Ages", Orion's various uses of it, Oracle linking up to all the technology in the world, TP, energy manip, etc. It's a plot device, on par with a GL ring or Mjolnir in it's versatility.

People say that all the time...but that's all they really do. Say that.

I wouldn't put a motherbox on the same level as a Lantern Ring, or Mjolnir. Nowhere near, in fact.

King_Mungi
Originally posted by llagrok
I'd take Talisman's magic over Doom's any day of the week :/

While he is still very powerful, he is not the 2nd most powerful sorceror on Earth.

Bingo, even Shaman is above him and Witchfire who her father wanted to use her to rule the multi-verse. Oh those powerful Canadians

guy222
Originally posted by King_Mungi
Bingo, even Shaman is above him and Witchfire who her father wanted to use her to rule the multi-verse. Oh those powerful Canadians

Americans also big grin

darthgoober

I won't comment on a lot of the list, but the MB didn't really do shit in Hunter Prey.

But if the MB is as you say on par with Mjolnir or a GL ring, then I really don't see that as being beyond what Doom is capable of. Dooms tech has replicated the Power Cosmic(on par with GL ring), and has handled the likes of Thor's hammer before also. And again Doom's tech also incorporates magic and the amalgam has accomplished things that not even Doc Strange could do erm .

Harry Fingerman
As I recall, Bats 1 Trill was like two feet away from an unconscious Batman when he took his soul.

And, Doom's shield would give him about three to five feet of room away from that thing...
Plus, would it even work through the shield?

Soljer
As I recall, Bats 1 Trill was like two feet away from an unconscious Batman when he took his soul.

And, Doom's shield would give him about three to five feet of room away from that thing...
Plus, would it even work through the shield?

Plus, would it even work if he was conscious?

Stupid Rookie
B1M in a stomp.

I read like half the first page and don't understand what the argument is.

Bats 1mill wins this. I know doom has magic, but Bats can counter it, and his prep is better.

darthgoober
Originally posted by Stupid Rookie
I read like half the first page and don't understand what the argument is.

Bats 1mill wins this. I know doom has magic, but Bats can counter it, and his prep is better.
How can Bats counter Doom's magic/tech combo, and how is his prep better?

Galan007

Plus, would it even work through the shield? The main way for Bats to get around that, would be whether or not he is able to control Doom's tech.

Bouboumaster
Doom steal the powers of Galactus one time. And fought against the Magus. And get out from hell. I give it to Doom.

But it would be a great fight.

Soljer
The main way for Bats to get around that, would be whether or not he is able to control Doom's tech.

His magic/tech amalgam, you mean.

I don't recall Batman 1M showing any knowledge of magic.

Anywho - I still haven't said who I believe wins this, even though it may seem I'm arguing for Doom. I'm not, really, I just don't think the Batman supporters have displayed enough to put 1M's intelligence, preparation, or technology these 'leaps and bounds' above Doom's.

By feats, of course.

Galan007
His magic/tech amalgam, you mean.

I don't recall Batman 1M showing any knowledge of magic. Which is why I said, "whether or not." smile

Avlon
One thing about the 1M series is that casual people could recreate any powerset as easily as people today download MP3's...even being able to stack them in combinations.

Now considering Bats is always a character ahead of the tech curve....that alone says a lot.

Doom is a badass...but his tech would be ancient by Bats 1M standards.

Soljer
Which is why I said, "whether or not." smile

I wasn't indicating that you said one or the other, Galan. I assure you that I can read. smile.

nvrbeenwthagirl
I agree that Batman 1M prolly wins. But It won't be a curb stomp. Dr. Doom is smart enough to counter REED. Reed pwned the marvel cosmics in an alter time line. Thanos respects Doom's intelligence. It's not a stomp. Especially since Doom is a wizard and a tech genious. He's like a mini Thanos. Give him some super strength and he'd rule.

Galan007
I wasn't indicating that you said one or the other, Galan. I assure you that I can read. smile. I know Solj, that wasn't intended as a smartass remark or anything.

I just wanted to make sure it was clear to everyone, that it's truly up in the air as to whether or not Bats could control Doom's tech, imo. big grin

Soljer
I know Solj, that wasn't intended as a smartass remark or anything.

I just wanted to make sure it was clear to everyone, that it's truly up in the air as to whether or not Bats could control Doom's tech, imo. big grin

Okie Doke.

I thought you really were just being a smart ass, my bad, stick out tongue.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.