darthgoober's Amalgam Tourney Finals

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

darthgoober
Blair Wind-Hellfire King

(Mind) Ironman
(Body) Black King
(Powers) Spot

vs

Scoobless-Big Foot

(Mind) Moonstone
(Body) Sasquatch
(Powers) Henry Pym

Location- Hawaii

Judges
Batdude

And the rest are to be announced

darthgoober

darthgoober

DigiMark007
Judge's Vote:

Leo.

Also, pinned. Good luck guys.

Scoobless
Scoobless - Post #1: Bigfoot = Moonstone, Sasquatch & Yellowjacket

"He'll be big"

"How big?"

"Ginormougantuan!"

big grin

Originally posted by darthgoober (on behalf of BW)
Tony, knowing all the characters, will have his computer run a program to know all the powers that Bigfoot may have (Henrys, Moonstones and Sasquatches)

As shown here he has info on almost anyone:
*links that wont copy when copy/pasting*

He sets up a program to protect against any tech intrusions that Pym MIGHT set his way.

I have no doubt that Iron Man has access to knowledge of the basic abilities of my amalgam's component characters, that fact is pretty much irrelevant though as all of those abilities meshed together have been amplified to a degree that Stark does not have the ability to defend against.

Let us remember that Vision uses density control to phase as does Moonstone via her stone.

Actually, Vision uses density control, Moonstone uses gravity altering properties.

Moonstone's phasing is different from other mainstream character's in the MU, as I will now show.

Unlike Vision she can choose to phase only part of her body:

http://img470.imageshack.us/my.php?image=phaseattackno7.jpg
http://img371.imageshack.us/img371/5195/partialphasere0.jpg

There she causes most of her body to remain intangible while the her fists become solid and in the second scan she remains mostly intangible while grabbing Fixer's glider.

Like Shadowcat she can phase others, but unlike Shadowcat, this phasing has never been shown to disrupt machinery:

http://img398.imageshack.us/img398/2722/phasesotherspu5.jpg

Here she shows the ability to phase through an energy field that the Vision could not pass through:

1. http://img452.imageshack.us/img452/1938/betterthanvision2rr7.jpg
2. http://img452.imageshack.us/img452/2581/betterthanvision3hu5.jpg

So no, Moonstone's phasing is nothing like Vision's, it seems to be closer to Shadowcat's but there's still enough of a difference between Moonstone and everyone else to suggest that Tony Stark would not know how to counter this ability.

Lastly, your own scan:

http://img292.imageshack.us/my.php?image=visioncounter2bj6.jpg

Read carefully....

"I've had years to prepare countermeasures against your skills"

Clearly Stark has not had years to prepare against Moonstone, in fact he's never even been shown to have scanned her while phasing.

When the battle starts however I will be using one weapon that he cannot phase through no matter how small or large he gets: Sonics

Sonics aren't even an annoyance, speed of sound weaponry is easily evaded by characters who can travel faster than sound (like Moonstone) also the distance required for useful effect has to be pretty close, at a mile above the battlefield from the bell (and rising fast) there's simply no way this tactic is going to bear fruit .... once the growth factor goes into overdrive then the reduced air in the atmosphere would render sonic weapons useless.

if he were to try to punch the Ironman, assuming that he noticed in his large body, that he didnt already pass out and the sonics were not a distraction, he would hit his own body (phased body + phased punch = solid to ones self).

I've already shown how the Moonstone gem allows partial phasing of the body, which allows a character's own body parts to pass through him/herself when in a differently phased state ..... not that this is a vital issue, I just feel like debunking a lot of the false logic being used against me.

What I would immediately do would be that I would fire off both the cosmic gun and the centrifugal force ray. Either one will work, but both together will ensure that I force him to remain solid, while the Ironman is inside his body.

The Red Ghost was empowered by cosmic rays, Moonstone was not, there's no evidence to suggest that the same basic "blast" would have a similar effect on a moonstone bearer as it does on a freak of science.

The centrifugal force ray is pointless due to the fact that my character intends to grow beyond the scope of the Earth's gravity to harm.

One way of winning is to rigid in my mind, and I can keep coming up with ways, but the ones above seemed sufficient enough to win. IF I am wrong, remember I can always regroup and come back at him. I have the time to do so, and versatility to change my plans on the fly. He does not.

Heh ... so you're saying that regardless of whatever happens you'll just change your plans? doesn't matter, you can't change your prep, you can't bring other armours/weapons on to the battlefield and you can't win with what you have.

Even at the basic 500 feet Iron Man would not have sufficient power to harm Bigfoot ... this is a character who is taking slightly-over-base-Hulk level stats and multiplying them a thousand fold ... what could Iron Man possibly do to that? Spot and Shaw have no offensive powers which add to Iron Man's arsenal and they don't even seem to be being used in this match so far.

Hellfire King cannot harm Bigfoot at standard level and he sure as hell can't do a thing against him at planet busting levels, there is simply no way for bigfoot to be harmed here.

Bigfoot has only one or two weaknesses that I am aware of (and by "weaknesses" I mean attacks that he isn't virtually/completely impervious against ... and no, I'm not saying what they are) but even against these possible assaults (of which his current opponent possesses neither) he can still mount an Earth shattering offense.

So yeah, I am drunk right now (you know you were thinking it) and I do apologise for being absent for as long as I have but I have no Internet connection in my flat, I've just started a new job and I'm having trouble finding the time/facilities to get online much recently ... but you have to admit, Bigfoot is pretty freakin' sweet!

big grin

Not sure why BW hasn't posted yet though, he seems to have been on a lot more than I have ... meh, each to his own I suppose, anyway, I need to go sleep, this post took waaaay longer than I expected and I need to get some rest before this party I have to go to tomorrow (or later today in fact)

Have fun.

http://img399.imageshack.us/img399/3237/amalgam1ar8.jpg

Blair Wind
Originally posted by Scoobless
I have no doubt that Iron Man has access to knowledge of the basic abilities of my amalgam's component characters, that fact is pretty much irrelevant though as all of those abilities meshed together have been amplified to a degree that Stark does not have the ability to defend against.

Only thing amplified would be your size. Nothing else gets amped by increasing in size.

Later in this post I will explain that getting larger is not exactly better. Sometimes bigger ISN'T better.

Yes, but through gravity the only way she could do this phasing is through density control (even if it is more effective than Visions). What other possible way could it work? confused

He has also rigged his armor against Ghost, and while all phasing is not the same the variables of phasing he has protected against should prove very effective against your character.

Also in CoC2 Tony reverse engineered nanobots that had been forcing Shadowcat to remain solid (thus causing her extreme pain). If he knows about the general application of the nanobots (basically cutting off powers to all super humans) I am VERY sure he can do this simple anti phase feature.

He has shown this knowledge recently against the Hulk (alright so the anti hulk nanobots WERE NOT in the spike, thats why it didnt work, otherwise it would have, as it worked with She Hulk, and as he has the same stuff for Spiderman and other super powered characters). Also against the Avengers. While these two events are from post Extremis it shows his general knowledge of anti powers

Interesting. So you would say evade it? Or simply grow too large for it to matter? Ill get to your evading it in a moment, but you know Ironman just as well as I do. He has used it against Giant Man and Fing Fang Foom both extremely large characters.

No, but it would force her atoms to come together, thus making your character more "densely" packed together.

You didnt begin that way. With this weapon at my disposal you would very much be solid while you try this ten mile shenanigan

Sure I can. Its called giving myself a little leeway. I can spot my hand the distance over and pick up anything I need. Since I am not fully teleporting myself I can pick up anything I want actually.

I think a nuke at your heart should be enough to kill you no expression
No matter how big you are, a nuke that destroys even a part of your heart is going to kill you.

BIGGER=BETTER? WRONG

Lets move on to a very important note though. Its basically about his vastly increased inertia - and the fact that the size increases give very diminishing returns.

Inertia. It's one of newtons laws. It means bigger objects are harder to move/stop than smaller objects are. You can read up some of the scientific details on wikipedia if you really want to go into all the physics of it, but suffice it to say, even without gravity or friction, someone with the strength of an astronaut cannot move the space shuttle.

As far as diminishing returns go, as Giant Man got taller, he got stronger, sure.

However, he starts getting stronger more slowly.

Think of a logarithm, for example. It is an infinite function, it never finds a asymptote, it's limit as X approaches infinity IS infinity.

However, check a graph of it. Look how INCREDIBLY slowly it increases.

Inertia, on the other hand (if I recall correctly) increases linearly with mass. A linear increase is MUCH greater than a logarithmic one.

Meaning, when his height surpasses his strength, he won't be able to overcome his own inertia.

If he's already in movement when this happens, he won't be able to stop. If he isn't, he won't be able to move.

Unless acted upon by an outside force, of course.

Also, at high inertia's, it will be far harder to change the direction of motion. He will be shit at maneuvering, for example, even if his inertia doesn't exceed his strength.

Ladies and Gentlemen I have the BEST maneuvering in the tournament. With my Spots I can come in at ANY angle I want and attack/defend.

So lets remember he is sluggish as all hell if he is able to move at all.

Lets combine this fact with the key to all my victories: I have, without question, THE best defense in ALL of the tournament: Spots

So lets look at a few scenarios (going from best to worst case for me):

(1) He gets huge and flies off into the sun or deep space - he had a ten mile increase in growing while flying up - once he reaches the point where mass>strength he wont be able to stop himself. Being that he could barely make it to 300ft and the sheer distance that TEN MILES is, I am going to logically assume that height came and went.

(2) He gets huge and SOMEHOW he isnt flying into the sun. I use my rays against him forcing him to be unphased with my superior maneuvering, my Ironman blows up and he dies a painful death from cardiac explosion.

(3) He gets huge and SOMEHOW he isnt flying into the sun. I use my rays against him forcing him to be unphased, and my Ironman blows up, but does not kill him. I teleport off planet (spot was once used to go into the negative dimension. To someone who has inter-dimensional powers distance is of no consequence) and go into a Spot Sphere. I proceed with this (a spot makes the blast happen from within the earth):
http://img408.imageshack.us/my.php?image=superenergyabsorbingblalk1.jpg
He dies.

(4) He gets huge and SOMEHOW he isnt flying into the sun. I use my rays against him and it doesnt work, I go into a Spot and teleport myself off planet (spot was once used to go into the negative dimension. To someone who has inter-dimensional powers distance is of no consequence) and go into a Spot Sphere. Bigfoot then kills the earth by simply getting large, as he would not be able to move to perform a thunderclap. I myself end up in a Spot Sphere in space. He goes to the Blue Part of the moon (somehow, lets pretend he can move here) thinking me dead. I go over and kill him in his sleep no expression

Summary
No matter WHAT happens, guess what? I win. Him simply getting large will do NOTHING for him. I have ALWAYS been of the mind that a great defense trumps a great offense. With my spots, and me being able to get into a spot sphere you have ABSOLUTELY no way of hurting me. ESPECIALLY since at one point in your growth spurt you will not have control of your own body. You would grow into basically a overgrown vegetable.

I choose Spot for the simple reason that if used correctly his powers were the ultimate defense. And if you have the best defense in any place you can always live to fight. Being that your offense cant BREAK, or HURT my defense I can continue to come at you at any and all times. Against me your all physical offensive gamble will NOT work. Time is on MY side. Besides your planet killing, what have you to offer? Nothing. You assumed killing the earth would kill me, when in reality thanks to the armor I can go weeks just waiting around for the moment to kill you. Spots ftw!

Been just as busy with school/work. Weekend has been my only REAL free time. Sorry though.

Scoobless

darthgoober
Ok guys I tried to give you more time to post because it's the finals but we need to wrap this thing up. At this time tomorrow the match ends whether you post anymore or not.

TheSentry
Kind of a shitty way to end it don';t you think. Why don't you keep it going but limit their post to 9 or something. But close the other topics.

It's been good so far, had a quick look at it.

Blair Wind

Milky Joe
Didn't I read in the rules something about Invisible Woman not creating fields inside of people? wouldn't a spot be the exact same thing?

Scoobless
Sorry scoob, but you were out of time...

pr

Soljer
The match officially ended Sept 10th, about twelve hours before you posted.

Meaning, though it wasn't some huge argumentative post, you still entered evidence after the match was officially over.

Scoobless
Yeah, but I'm giving myself a little leeway as I didn't know the match was ending at that point as I hadn't been on to see DG's announcement ... plus I wasn't really adding in any new tactics so there's nothing BW would need to respond to.

smile

Soljer
You can still see how it's unfair, I'm sure. The fact that you NEED to give yourself the 'leeway' alone means there there is something there to be...

uhhh...

Lee-way-ed.

stick out tongue.

I'm not saying that you should be DQ'd or anything of the sort. Just the facts. You posted after the deadline. stick out tongue.

Scoobless
You missed the obvious "lee-tard" joke there, well ... obvious to a pro like myself ... possibly not so obvious to a lee-man like yourself.

stick out tongue stick out tongue stick out tongue

Ok, signing off ... may take another look in while "working" again tomorrow.

GL BW & GG

thumb up

Citizen V
Judges Vote

I have to congratulate both participants of this final for getting this far, both of you have proved you are very good debaters in the past and I was very much looking forward to this. Two good amalgams, led by two good debaters (it wasn't much of a surprise to see you two against each other in a final again).

I think that HK was on the back foot from the start of this fight straight away, a lot of his points seemed like they wouldn't hold up against Bigfoot (aka the phasing thing, I couldn't see Stark successfully using either of those gadgets to harm him and the sonics wouldn't work as Big foot's character was too large. The inertia thing was smart on Blair's part, but as Scoob pointed out Big foot's strength wouldn't be hindered by it because of his control of gravity via the moonstones.

I think it could have been a great match, but real life comes first to be honest, it stalled a match I was really looking forward to if I'm being honest.

In the end, Blair's offensive was really lacking in the brute firepower it would need to put Bigfoot down and never really showed anyway to breach his defences. Scoob on the other hand had a very convincing defense and his offensive was simple and effective, so.. therefore I cast my vote to:

SCOOBLESS

Well played gentlemen, well done to the both of you thumb up.

Milky Joe
Sorry scoob, but you were out of time...

pr

Boooo!!! ..... stick out tongue

pr1983
Originally posted by Milky Joe
Boooo!!! ..... stick out tongue

laughing out loud

Galan007
Judges Vote:

As stated in other matches I've judged, I'm not one for essays.... So this will be short, sweet, and to the point...

Blair,

You came up with some very good tactics here, such as the already mentioned "inertia move", but I felt as though your offense left something to be desired against Bigfoot. It seemed like the sheer damage you'd need to put Scoobs amalgam down, just wasn't there.

Scoobs,

Your plans/strategies seemed better rounded. You had the total package as far as this match went, .

In short,

My vote goes to Scoobles.

Great job to the both of you, and congratulations for getting here! thumb up

Badabing
Judge's Vote

Blair Wind- You made the best use of your amalgam. Every match you were changing tactics and using different powers, resources and combinations of both. I liked your amalgam's use of tech, brains and powers. You were able to adapt to almost every situation in the tourny.

Scoobless - Your amalgam wasn't the most exotic or complex but you used its powers to the fullest. Blunt force is the best way to describe your character and you used clever techniques to change up your game plan as the tourny progressed.

My decision came down to this: Blair's plan was solid for a 500 ft BF but not a 10 mile and growing BF which is hovering a mile above and raining attacks from the start. The weapons Blair brought during the prep were inadequate to stop BF IMO. My vote goes to:

Scoobless

darthgoober
Originally posted by Citizen V
Judges Vote

I have to congratulate both participants of this final for getting this far, both of you have proved you are very good debaters in the past and I was very much looking forward to this. Two good amalgams, led by two good debaters (it wasn't much of a surprise to see you two against each other in a final again).

I think that HK was on the back foot from the start of this fight straight away, a lot of his points seemed like they wouldn't hold up against Bigfoot (aka the phasing thing, I couldn't see Stark successfully using either of those gadgets to harm him and the sonics wouldn't work as Big foot's character was too large. The inertia thing was smart on Blair's part, but as Scoob pointed out Big foot's strength wouldn't be hindered by it because of his control of gravity via the moonstones.

I think it could have been a great match, but real life comes first to be honest, it stalled a match I was really looking forward to if I'm being honest.

In the end, Blair's offensive was really lacking in the brute firepower it would need to put Bigfoot down and never really showed anyway to breach his defences. Scoob on the other hand had a very convincing defense and his offensive was simple and effective, so.. therefore I cast my vote to:

SCOOBLESS

Well played gentlemen, well done to the both of you thumb up.
Originally posted by Galan007
Judges Vote:

As stated in other matches I've judged, I'm not one for essays.... So this will be short, sweet, and to the point...

Blair,

You came up with some very good tactics here, such as the already mentioned "inertia move", but I felt as though your offense left something to be desired against Bigfoot. It seemed like the sheer damage you'd need to put Scoobs amalgam down, just wasn't there.

Scoobs,

Your plans/strategies seemed better rounded. You had the total package as far as this match went, .

In short,

My vote goes to Scoobles.

Great job to the both of you, and congratulations for getting here! thumb up
Originally posted by Badabing
Judge's Vote

Blair Wind- You made the best use of your amalgam. Every match you were changing tactics and using different powers, resources and combinations of both. I liked your amalgam's use of tech, brains and powers. You were able to adapt to almost every situation in the tourny.

Scoobless - Your amalgam wasn't the most exotic or complex but you used its powers to the fullest. Blunt force is the best way to describe your character and you used clever techniques to change up your game plan as the tourny progressed.

My decision came down to this: Blair's plan was solid for a 500 ft BF but not a 10 mile and growing BF which is hovering a mile above and raining attacks from the start. The weapons Blair brought during the prep were inadequate to stop BF IMO. My vote goes to:

Scoobless
And with those three votes Scoobless is now the tourney winner. Congrats to Scoobs for his victory, and thanks to everyone who participated for making this tourney a success(sorry it took 5 months to wrap up).

DigiMark007
{cliche smiley parade}

Woo! Congrats to all.

llagrok
Congratulations scoob!

Charlotte DeBel
My congratulations to Scoobless.

Milky Joe
Congrats

Scoobless
w00t!

big grin

Well played to all who entered .... and thank you all for not drafting more telepathic characters.

stick out tongue

Scoobless
Oh, and I suppose I should mention that it was Digi who actually named Bigfoot ... none of the names I came up with sounded anything but retarded. I didn't actually like the name "Bigfoot" either to begin with, although it did eventually start to grow on me (no pun intended)

smile

Badabing
Oh, and I suppose I should mention that it was Digi who actually named Bigfoot ... none of the names I came up with sounded anything but retarded. I didn't actually like the name "Bigfoot" either to begin with, although it did eventually start to grow on me (no pun intended)

smile After reading that last sentence, can I change my vote? sick dur

Galan007

smile no expression

I take my vote back.

Scoobless
All votes are final dammit.

mad

Badabing
All votes are final dammit.

mad Recount! I saw some hanging chads..... whistle

laughing out loud

Scoobless
It irks me that you both found two completely different parts of that single paragraph to complain about.

no expression

*damn literary Nazis*

Galan007
It irks me that you both found two completely different parts of that single paragraph to complain about.

no expression

*damn literary Nazis* Pfft...

The only reason I voted for you was because of your amalgam's name.... Now I just feel betrayed. stick out tongue

Badabing

no expression

*damn literary Nazis* It's all about you, isn't it? madfist

Did you ever consider the feelings of people who read that paragraph? durcry2

Edit: At least we didn't mind this part, "none of the names I came up with sounded anything but retarded."
stick out tongue

Scoobless
Originally posted by Galan007
Pfft...

The only reason I voted for you was because of your amalgam's name.... Now I just feel betrayed. stick out tongue

Liar! ... It was his cool mohawk helmet and you know it!

DigiMark007
I always have been good at tourney names. General Kinky ftw!

DarkCrawler
Congratulations at Scoob. smile

King Kandy
Congradulations, Scoobs. Personaly I think Blair should have won, but whatever. You both would have thrashed me (And one of you did).

Air Legend
Edit: At least we didn't mind this part, "none of the names I came up with sounded anything but retarded."
I mind it. The sentence is grammatically incorrect. no expression

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Air Legend

Looks OK to me.

Badabing
I mind it. The sentence is grammatically incorrect. no expression Poor Scoobs, he won but failed also. laughing out loud stick out tongue

Roldz
Congrats Scoob...

You got lucky. Blair took it easy on yah wink .. JK (Just kidding)

Good match for the both def. the best debaters in here forum..
Poor Scoobs, he won but failed also. laughing out loud stick out tongue
laughing out loud

Scoobless

I'll grammatically incorrectify you!!!

mad

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.