Iron Man (extremis) vs Wonder Woman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

OnslaughtKILLS
http://www.joblo.com/newsimages1/iron%20man%203.JPG

vs

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/5/58/WonderWomanV5.jpg/250px-WonderWomanV5.jpg

Battle Equipment: Iron Man is extremis in his normal armor.

Wonder Woman is with her standard battle equipment and strength.

Prep Time Iron Man has time to find out who Wonder Woman is and the extend of her power and speed. Wonder Woman has time to find out Iron Man is Tony Stark, a genius.

Who wins this?

Darth_Erebus2
When Iron Man finds out who Wonder Woman is he tries to hide.

OnslaughtKILLS
Originally posted by Darth_Erebus2
When Iron Man finds out who Wonder Woman is he tries to hide.

Then you don't know who Iron Man is then do you?

Darth_Erebus2
Let's see, Diana is stronger, faster, and pretty much able to withstand anything Iron Man could ever dish out. This fight isn't even close.

OnslaughtKILLS

nvrbeenwthagirl

NiņoAraņa
the worse fights always have the best openings....

and that Spider-Sense thing was a one time thing.

Validus

SnazzySmurph
Diana pwns him.

spetznaz

Soljer
Diana uses her tiara as a can opener in this scenario. Tony lacks a prayer.

gogogadgetgo
ironmans too undrated. i mean,he's got the guts to go up against hulk and thor. and he's considered as one of the powerhouses in the avengers.

he'd lose, but not in the curbstomping that many are implying. heck, he may even get a few wins if he gets luky.

spetznaz
Originally posted by gogogadgetgo
ironmans too undrated. i mean,he's got the guts to go up against hulk and thor. and he's considered as one of the powerhouses in the avengers.

he'd lose, but not in the curbstomping that many are implying. heck, he may even get a few wins if he gets luky.

- Actually IronMan is one of the few characters that is more or less 'correctly priced' in KMC. Sure, some may think he can be taken down by Jubilee, while others may say he can stomp on Darkseid (both examples are just that ....examples), but for the most part people correctly place him, his character traits, and his power sets. He is not like Wolverine (for example)

- Sure, he has the guts to go up against the Hulk and Thor. 2 years ago i read about some guy who had the guts to go out camping in the middle of the Serengeti national park in Africa ....he had the guts to do so, but next morn they only found a shredded tent, pug marks from some lions, and blood smears churned with soil. Just because you have the 'guts' doesn't mean what you do is prudent, nor does it mean that it will be successful.

- He will lose. No argument on that.

- It will be a curbstomp. While the Extremis armor gives him significant increases in strength and energy projection, as well as a substantial speed boost, all of that is for naught against someone in the league of WonderWoman. She is his superior in every single aspect apart from energy projection (if we do not include the GW). Although she does have some good ranged attacks ...running the gamut from simply throwing her tiara (she cut Superman's throat with it), to simply moving at hyper-fast velocities and using herself as a guided projectile.

- Anyways, Iron Man is great. In Extremis he is perfect. But he is only perfect at his level.

- He would not get a single win in a non-PIS fight per KMC rules (oh, and a blood-lusted WonderWoman would literally squish his suit of armor around him, and maybe send him on a one way trip to the sun)

- Iron Man may be a powerhouse in the Avengers, WW is a powerhouse in the JLA.

- WonderWoman is beyond him in strength, speed, combat ability, resilience (you don't trade blows with Superman for nothing), etc. Goodness, she can even hang with Superman and managed to take him out even when he was bloodlusted. I wonder if IronMan could survive being thrown all the way from the sun to the Earth.

Anyways, WonderWoman is Stark's superior in every single way apart from technological expertise. Tony can beat WW in building a suit, but not in anything else.

Goodness, it could even be debated that WonderWoman could even get a BETTER SUIT than Stark!
How?
Simply by using her Lansilar disk (which she can use her thoughts to turn into anything ....ranging from her invisible plane, to a communication device, to a brace large and strong enough to hold the moon).

Anyways, Diana is Stark's superior in every single way. The only way Tony beats Diana is in a science-fair competition.

nimbus006
Good post Spetz... I prety much agree with your whole argument... the only thing i would like to add is while I think WW takes 10/10 i can still see IM giving her trouble. He is good enough to make her work for all 10 wins. He made Sentry work somewhat before Sentry stomped him, he's given Thor a semi-tough time before. I believe he would give Diana some trouble.

spetznaz
Originally posted by nimbus006
Good post Spetz... I prety much agree with your whole argument... the only thing i would like to add is while I think WW takes 10/10 i can still see IM giving her trouble. He is good enough to make her work for all 10 wins. He made Sentry work somewhat before Sentry stomped him, he's given Thor a semi-tough time before. I believe he would give Diana some trouble.

Written well IM in Extremis could probably come up with some stratagem that might make WW go 'hmmm,' but also note that in KMC WW would be going all out.

I doubt he would be able to react quick enough, unless he had set up the battlefield before hand, end even then i wonder how?

If you hve any ideas i would really like to know, because honestly i cannot find any.

In a comic book yes ....IM can slow, hinder and even defeat Wonder Woman.

But on KMC ...per the rules ...I simply do not see how it wouldn't be a curbstomp in less than a second or two. If you have an idea i would really appreciate. Thanks.

Tony Stark
Originally posted by spetznaz
And a typical house-cat has amazing reflexes, can shimmy up a tree faster than greased lightning, can see in the dark, and has a set of amazingly sharp claws. It can also take care of itself in an alley fight.

But that doesn't mean that the cat would last against an African Lion!

Same thing here .....Iron Man is amazing. As you said, he is Class 100, can go at Mach + speeds, and has a good array of weaponry.

But that means nothing against someone at the class of WonderWoman.

Diana beats Stark. As some other poster said, when Tony finds out what Diana is capable of he would be prudent enough to back down.

roll eyes (sarcastic)

lol...He would back down to WW like he did with THOR (and KT), SS, DOOM, GRAVITON, Micheal, WWH, SENTRY...ETC

You obviously haven't ever even read an Iron Man comic in your life to think he would run a away from the most overrated hero in comics WW.

EXTREMIS IM for the win. FTW He does have access to all the weapons on the planet, that are connected to a computer in any way.

cool

Innerhype
Written well IM in Extremis could probably come up with some stratagem that might make WW go 'hmmm,' but also note that in KMC WW would be going all out.

I doubt he would be able to react quick enough, unless he had set up the battlefield before hand, end even then i wonder how?

If you hve any ideas i would really like to know, because honestly i cannot find any.

In a comic book yes ....IM can slow, hinder and even defeat Wonder Woman.

But on KMC ...per the rules ...I simply do not see how it wouldn't be a curbstomp in less than a second or two. If you have an idea i would really appreciate. Thanks.

What did Iron Man ever do to you?

Diana was already one-shotted by Tony before in a much weaker armor. Tony wins, one of the reasons is because he has too much prep-time here.

spetznaz
Originally posted by Tony Stark
roll eyes (sarcastic)

lol...He would back down to WW like he did with THOR (and KT), SS, DOOM, GRAVITON, Micheal, WWH, SENTRY...ETC

You obviously haven't ever even read an Iron Man comic in your life to think he would run a away from the most overrated hero in comics WW.

EXTREMIS IM for the win. FTW He does have access to all the weapons on the planet, that are connected to a computer in any way.

cool

1) I wasn't even addressing anything to you. I generally prefer to post/reply to posters who are able to debate (which is the only saving grace of a forum on comic book characters ....honing debate skills, because if someone can coherently make a case stating how Batman could beat Spiderman then he/she can also debate with considerably efficacy on other matters ....in my case the effect of fiscal policy on Central Bank reaction against the current Credit situation caused by the sub-prime meltdown). That is the reason I do not bother with posters who are merely sots/fanboys, name themselves after their favorite characters (e.g. Wolverine 8888, Tony Stark, etc), and deem their character superior to all others.

2) Iron Man has faced off against very powerful characters in comic books, and won. WonderWoman has faced off against some pathetic characters in comics as well, and lost (e.g. her 'loss' to Storm ...now, Ororo is not pathetic, but against WW she would be a gnat). However he beauty of KMC (unlike other mostly fanboy-driven sites) is that it has a set of rules - the KMC rules - that eliminate a lot of the PIS-fueled ennui to be found in comics. E.g. in a comic book Wolverine was effectively hanging with the Hulk ....in KMC the Hulk would knock Logan into the next county. Thus, in comics IM may be able to survive against the Sentry, but in KMC Sentry would thoroughly devastate Stark. This just as easily applies to Stark vs Silver Surfer (you must be on something to even deem the two even comparable in any manner, no matter what some comic book writer may have been paid to do one slow month). In KMC PIS doesn't hold sway.

3) You claim WW is over-rated, then you have a sentence with IronMan in the same sentence as Sentry and Silver Surfer. And then you have the fanboy-trademarked 'LOL.' Typical fanboy.

4) I did not say he would run away from WW. I said that he would be prudent enough to not even show up for the fight.

5) Just because I did not call myself 'Tony Stark' like you did doesn't imply that I do not have Iron Man comics, that I do not like him, or that I know naught about him. In all the three I adore Iron Man. He is my second favorite 'armored' character after ManoWar. The funny thing is that it would be you who is inept .....you are such a fanboy that you have become myopic to the truth. In the same way other fanboys (in KMC's case those for SPiderman and Wolverine ....those for Captain America and Batman were largely just kidding, but Wolvie and Spidey fanboys were pretty serious) would think their characters were so good they could beat anyone. It was due to myopia ....they could only see their fave character and nothing else. Typical tunner vision.

6) Extremis may have access to all the weapons in the globe, but he wouldn't have the opportunity to use them before he was dead (and WW has no real qualms against killing, and KMC rules do call for blood lust).

7) Now, this has never worked against a fanboy (particularly those that name themselves after their favorite character ....hopefully you don't think you are actually Tony Stark), but you might just be different. Please give us 3 good reasons why Tony would, as you said, win against WW. Not silly reasons like 'I saw in a comic book Tony facing Sentry,' which is pure PIS. As in, give a LOGICAL reason why IM would win, and win against WW.

Note:
Not just win ...but win against WW. This is because most fanboys only see their character ....e.g. a Wolverine fanboy would say that Wolverine's adamantium claws could slash through almost anything, and he has a healing factor, great fighting ability and can go berserk.
Good character traits.
But totally USELESS if Wolverine is fighting against Darkseid (although most Wolvie fanboys would then say that Wolvie once 'slashed' the back of Thanos, a Darkseid analogue in Marvel).

Thus, tell me how IM would win against WonderWoman (as in, not just that he has access to 'all the world's weapons,' but how he would be able to use them before WW turned him into a pretzel in less than a second).

Please tell us how (us because apparently every person on this thread has WW winning ...the only debate is HOW LONG it would take for WW to win. I say 10/10 in less than 2 seconds, people like Nimbbus say 10/10 but WW may actually have to put in some effort, others like Soljer simply says she uses her Tiara. The debate is thus not about whether or not she would win .....but how fast and easy that win would be. Super-fast and super-easy, or 'merely' fast and easy).

Thus please tell us how Iron Man would win against WonderWoman ....try to use logic please.

I'll reply to your post in the evening. Thanks.

spetznaz
Originally posted by Innerhype

Diana was already one-shotted by Tony before in a much weaker armor. Tony wins, one of the reasons is because he has too much prep-time here.

Actually IronMan did nothing to me. As you can see in my reply to 'Tony Stark' above Iron Man is actually one of my favorite characters (second fave armored character after ManOWar ....unlike the fanboy Tony Stark I am sure you probably know who that is ...anyways, IM is a favorite of mine).

It is just that he cannot win this.

As for Diana being one-shoted by Tony, that was a cross-over. Doesn't count, and furthermore it is PURE PIS (unless you want to tell me that WonderWoman can stand up to Superman, be taken next to the Sun, get hit all the way from the Sun to the Earth, stand up from the impact and continue to fight, get burnt, get her arm broken, and even though Kal is blood-lusted manages to last long enough to take him out by slitting his throat .....yet even with all of that one shot from IronMan takes her out). I'm sure you are not trying to tell me that.

Anyways, my several posts on this thread postulate why I think WW would win, and how. Tony Stark (the poster) did not provide any reason why, apart from stuff about IM standing up to Sentry and the Surfer (and I am sure you will agree that was PIS).

Now, since I am not expecting any response from Tony Stark (that is logically coherent anyways), please reply to my questions to him. I promise to reply in the evening/morning.

Spetz.

grey fox

HOW !!!!

He has enough prep to discover whom she is and her powers. In my book that's 3-5 minutes on a wiki.

BTW Crossovers are non-canon.
roll eyes (sarcastic)

cool

Thor : Kicked his ass

King Thor : Kicked his ass

SS : Should kick his ass (I believe he cheaped his way out of it however)

Doom : Could easily kill Stark but deems it a waste of his time

Graviton : Meh

Michael : Sentry did 85% of the work , how is that a win in any way ?

WWH : Kicked/Will Kick his ass

Sentry : Cheaped his way out of a fight

Now go take your fanboyism back to the IM respect thread Stark , your tainting the forums

TricksterPriest
roll eyes (sarcastic)

cool

Ouu, Extremis. Nice very nice. Tell me, have you met my friend, Hank Henshaw? evil face Wondy's fought against Henshaw at least once I believe. And Henshaw's technopathy>>>everything Extremis has ever done. http://content.answers.com/main/content/wp/en/thumb/5/59/250px-Hankhenshaw_cyborgsuperman.jpg

Avlon

Originally posted by grey fox

HOW !!!!

He has enough prep to discover whom she is and her powers. In my book that's 3-5 minutes on a wiki.

BTW Crossovers are non-canon.

He conveniently left out how IM's armor was both powered and upgraded by a motherbox that was melded with it.

WW for the win.

Avlon
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Ouu, Extremis. Nice very nice. Tell me, have you met my friend, Hank Henshaw? evil face Wondy's fought against Henshaw at least once I believe. And Henshaw's technopathy>>>everything Extremis has ever done. http://content.answers.com/main/content/wp/en/thumb/5/59/250px-Hankhenshaw_cyborgsuperman.jpg

WW has never fought against Henshaw.

Supergirl did however, and was pwned.

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by Avlon
WW has never fought against Henshaw.

Supergirl did however, and was pwned.

Oops. embarrasment

Innerhype
Actually IronMan did nothing to me. As you can see in my reply to 'Tony Stark' above Iron Man is actually one of my favorite characters (second fave armored character after ManOWar ....unlike the fanboy Tony Stark I am sure you probably know who that is ...anyways, IM is a favorite of mine).

You mention that good durability showing of Wonder Woman a few times now but Iron Man has a number of them himself, like when he survived ground-zero an explosion that was powerful enough to rip a hole through to another dimension.

And was that last Marvel/DC crossover truely non-canon? I recall The Avengers putting Tony's space/time threat detector to use during the event and that particular device wasn't made until shortly before (or maybe after) the start of the event in the normal Avengers title.

Anyhoo, there aren't many that knows Wonder Woman's weakness to peircing things likes bullets and blades. Iron Man will be going into this fight knowing just that, how to bypass WW's durability and that alone is a massive advantage that Iron Man can exploit to the extreme.

Phera-sense should negates any chance of a speedblitz that IM's own reaction time can't catch.
Strenght-wise, how many more times stronger is WW compared to Thor, Sentry or even an angry Hulk because Iron Man can take a mean pounding from these guys and last a long while before any serious damages starts to occur yet most are in agreement that Diana can shatter the armor effortlessly, and with as little as one blow!

OnslaughtKILLS
Wanted to know if anyone else has an opinion of this? I am sure many more people have picked up Iron Man comics after seeing the movie.

h1a8
WW can move at speeds on par with light. She can move her limbs faster than light. Iron-man is a statue to her even with his spider-sense.

Erik-Lensherr
Wonder Woman.

fangirl101
wonder woman ties her lasso around her fist and crunches him into a tin can.

Eon Blue
I find it humorous at how people will root for their favorite characters even if it's utterly obvious that they will lose.

Grinning Goku
WW unless Stark has some S.P.I.N. tech handy.

Endrict Nuul
WW with ease.

iceman24567
This is a spite thread Diana wins with ease.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.