Negotiation for the Survival of the World

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

masterbruce
God has decided that DC and Marvel universes should become one, with one universe erased from existence. Both DC and Marvel have sent their smartest teams (consisting of 3 heroes and 3 villains) to try to convince God through reasoning and debate to spare their universe. Which team will winand what would be their reason for the sparing of their universe?

Team DC: Superman, Batman, Martian Manhunter, Lex Luthor, Brainiac, and Darkseid

Team Marvel: Captain America, Reed Richards, Xavier, Dr. Doom, Apocalypse, and Thanos

pr1983
Originally posted by masterbruce
God has decided that DC and Marvel universes should become one, with one universe erased from existence. Both DC and Marvel have sent their smartest teams (consisting of 3 heroes and 3 villains) to try to convince God through reasoning and debate to spare their universe. Which team will winand what would be their reason for the sparing of their universe?

Team DC: Superman, Batman, Martian Manhunter, Lex Luthor, Brainiac, and Darkseid

Team Marvel: Captain America, Reed Richards, Xavier, Dr. Doom, Apocalypse, and Thanos

dude, under-respresentation on both sides... guys like reed arent exactly skilled negotiators, and the bad guys aren't exactly going to be in god's good graces are they...

still...

with those two teams, i'd pick DC ftw...

SnazzySmurph
With the loads of super geniuses that Marvel has, you pick those guys? no expression

DC isn't much better...

masterbruce
Originally posted by SnazzySmurph
With the loads of super geniuses that Marvel has, you pick those guys? no expression

DC isn't much better...

let me know know who you guys think should be brought to the team.

I have my reasons for the guys I chose...they aren't necessarily the smartest IQ wise, but they all are capable of making a convincing case for why their world should be spared.

pr1983
let me know know who you guys think should be brought to the team.

I have my reasons for the guys I chose...they aren't necessarily the smartest IQ wise, but they all are capable of making a convincing case for why their world should be spared.

Marvel should have Beast, i doubt there's a more eloquent man in comics...

DC should have Mr. Terrific and Ray Palmer...

SnazzySmurph
Originally posted by pr1983

DC should have Mr. Terrific and Ray Palmer... Agreed.

Marvel should have Cable (IMO) and Maximus. Maybe Mr. Sinister too.

masterbruce

I was thinking of beast, but I couldnt have 2 members of xmen, so Xavier (a guy whose entire life has been dedicated to fight for peace and harmony) won out, but that is a close call.

as for mr. terrific and ray palmer, I have never heard of either characters so they aren't big enough names. Only the A-listers are chosen to represent their respective universe, as unfair as that may seem.

King Kandy
Marvel should have Warlock, he's great at running logical loops around people.

pr1983
I was thinking of beast, but I couldnt have 2 members of xmen, so Xavier (a guy whose entire life has been dedicated to fight for peace and harmony) won out, but that is a close call.

as for mr. terrific and ray palmer, I have never heard of either characters so they aren't big enough names. Only the A-listers are chosen to represent their respective universe, as unfair as that may seem.

maybe its just me but i'd pick beast over xavier...

mr. terrific is arguably as smart as bruce and lex, and is one of the central members of the jsa and a high ranking member of checkmate (black king i think). in the dc universe itself he's pretty highly regarded...

palmer is the atom, DC's reed richards, but with a slightly more psychotic wife...

Hannibal-Lector
God: Arright only 1 of you 2 groups get to keep your universe
Batman: ..... Im batman...
God: sold...
Reed: But wait we didnt get to say anything
Doom: Shut up, im leader
Reed: Oh hell no
(Doom + Reed start biting each other)
God: .... as i said.. sold

masterbruce
mr. terrific is arguably as smart as bruce and lex, and is one of the central members of the jsa and a high ranking member of checkmate (black king i think). in the dc universe itself he's pretty highly regarded...

palmer is the atom, DC's reed richards, but with a slightly more psychotic wife...

but the thing with a powerful negotiation team is that it is wellbalanced...you don't need 6 brilliant minds. you need some who are capable with logical arguments, some who can pull off the emotional appeal arguments, and some who can just speak from the gut without flowery language

King Kandy
Originally posted by King Kandy
Marvel should have Warlock, he's great at running logical loops around people.

SnazzySmurph
Marvel should have Warlock, he's great at running logical loops around people. Good call.

So far, for Marvel, I think it should be:

Tony Stark, Warlock, Beast, Mr. Sinister, Maximus, Thanos

SnazzySmurph
Originally posted by Hannibal-Lector
laughing

pr1983

strangely accurate... laughing out loud

but the thing with a powerful negotiation team is that it is wellbalanced...you don't need 6 brilliant minds. you need some who are capable with logical arguments, some who can pull off the emotional appeal arguments, and some who can just speak from the gut without flowery language

superman is the heart... as clark he's an award winning writer...

holt (mr. terrific) is the logical one... he's on par with batman imo, and not nearly as cynical...

if you want someone to talk honestly without bullshit, ask guy gardner...

worked for battle pope... shrug

Symmetric Chaos

MichaelHolt can do much that. It's part of why he's so high up in Checkmate. Negotiating and balancing is part of his job.

I agree with Kandy about Warlock.

And I'd have to give DC the win with the teams you presented since (although DS would try the same thing) too much of Marvel would try to berate or threaten God.

masterbruce
my reasoning for my picking:

Team DC:

Superman (the universal boyscout, standing for ideal values)
Batman (one of the quickest minds, will give God great arguments)
Martian Manhunter (deep thinker and will be the philosophical one of the group)
Lex Luthor (self interested but still the most competent orator)
Brainiac (knowledge incarnate...if anyone can find an obscure reason he can from his vast database)
Darkseid (from his quest for the antilife equation lies perhaps a reason for life)

Team Marvel:
Captain America (speaks from the gut and nononsense style is a fresh breath)
Reed Richards (arguably the greatest mind, if he's half as good framing arguments as making inventions, Marvel has hope)
Xavier (the Martin Luther King of comics, nuff said)
Dr. Doom (see Luthor, but more verbose and grander)
Apocalypse (he may be a villain, but his intentions aren't evil)
Thanos (if a guy whose sole goal is to destroy life argues on behalf of his universe, its gotta count for something)

Symmetric Chaos

You should totally send that to the guy who makes Shortpacked.

SnazzySmurph
my reasoning for my picking:

Apocalypse (he may be a villain, but his intentions aren't evil) So? no expression

And, that's a matter of opinion.

King Kandy
Apocalypse should be replaced with Warlock.

Warlock and Thanos on the same team would win this.

masterbruce

team must consist of 3 heroes and 3 villains

masterbruce
So? no expression

And, that's a matter of opinion.

yeah that wasn't a good reason I gave...but I do feel Apocalypse is an interesting villain with a unique purpose rather than the run of the mill villains and that he would be able to voice a powerful defense of why his world should be spared

King Kandy
Then switch Reed Richards for someone who has a clue about public speaking.

Symmetric Chaos
yeah that wasn't a good reason I gave...but I do feel Apocalypse is an interesting villain with a unique purpose rather than the run of the mill villains and that he would be able to voice a powerful defense of why his world should be spared

He could barely give the Celestials a good reason not to kill him.

masterbruce
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
He could barely give the Celestials a good reason not to kill him.

really...he's usually portrayed as pretty articulate

SnazzySmurph
Then switch Reed Richards for someone who has a clue about public speaking. Tony Stark would be better.

He's secretary of defense, and has made some pretty tough speeches over Civil War, World War Hulk and whatnot lately.

SnazzySmurph
really...he's usually portrayed as pretty articulate Mr. Sinister is better.

As is Maximus. Much better, in fact.

pr1983
Tony Stark would be better.

He's secretary of defense, and has made some pretty tough speeches over Civil War, World War Hulk and whatnot lately.

agreed...

King Kandy
Hell, Daredevil is better then Richards.

SnazzySmurph
Hell, just use She Hulk.

Originally posted by Mr Master
The Living Tribunal makes a cameo in the New She-Hulk issue.

The LT holds and Judges Two Universes (616 and the Ultimate) one in each hand:

http://img297.imageshack.us/img297/3554/ltbackzz1.th.jpg

She Hulk talked the LT out of replacing the 616 Reality with the Ultimate Universe.

TricksterPriest
One thing about team DC, Darkseid has a connection to the Source via his OE. and the source is a part of the Presence, DC's god. So are we talking having them speak to their respective deities, or to something closer to our conception of god?

Because if it's the former, giving them Darkseid is unfair. The source itself willed him back to life.

I would have given DC Maxwell Lord or Kyle Rayner. Lord, because he's extremely good at convinving people that he's right (though if that's just his TP, then kick me. ermm ) And Kyle, because I feel an artist could make a compelling arguement.

Marvel: Warlock seems to be the consensus add, so yeah, co-sign it as well.
What about the High E?

I know this is a little nuts, but I'd have given DC Imperiex, and Marvel Galactus. I just think that with their vast experience and roles as forces of nature, that they are uniquely qualified to speak on their universes.

masterbruce
Hell, just use She Hulk.

there was a reason I didn't allow girls, they have unfair advantage in assets...

SnazzySmurph
there was a reason I didn't allow girls, they have unfair advantage in assets... Still, that scan makes her vastly more qualified then anyone else here.

masterbruce
edit removed

masterbruce
Still, that scan makes her vastly more qualified then anyone else here.

meh, she's still not an A-Lister though, which is automatic disqualification from consideration

SnazzySmurph
meh, she's still not an A-Lister though, which is automatic disqualification from consideration I doubt God cares how much money they make their respective companies.

And Adam Warlock isn't an A-lister.

masterbruce

And Adam Warlock isn't an A-lister.

true, which is why he wasn't on my teams originally

SnazzySmurph
true, which is why he wasn't on my teams originally But he is now.

Take out Xavier, put in She Hulk, take out Doom, put in Maximus, and declare Marvel the winners.

King Kandy
Well She Hulk should be added now, even though she wasn't on the Original list... She has experience in this situation.

masterbruce
updated teams:

Team Marvel: Captain America, She-hulk, Xavier, Dr. Doom, Galactus, and Thanos

the 2 sides are pretty evenly matched up

masterbruce
updated teams:

Team Marvel: Captain America, She-hulk, Xavier, Dr. Doom, Galactus, and Thanos

the 2 sides are pretty evenly matched up

top of page

DigiMark007

Co-signed. They also know a thing or two about omnipotence, so they might actually be able to relate to God.

Akuki
thanos should be on the team, and Cable definitely should be to, Cable's very good with religious matters and with convincing individuals.

For Marvel I'd put:
Cable
Thanos
Warlock
She-Hulk(after all she already won argument with eternity to keep the main 616 universe around and not to replace it with the ultimate universe)

King Kandy
top of page
Dude, you got rid of Warlock!

grey fox
Why do I get the feeling that Darkseid is gonna attempt to use OE on God....

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by grey fox
Why do I get the feeling that Darkseid is gonna attempt to use OE on God.... There are quite a few people on both sides more likely to do something than Darkseid....... erm Darkseid will be operating on enlightened self-interest.

Doom: "Doom does not recoqnize any authority higher than Doom!"

SnazzySmurph
Originally posted by grey fox
Why do I get the feeling that Darkseid is gonna attempt to use OE on God.... Because DC thinks that if it works, it'll be funny enough to see the effect on Trickster's pants.

King Kandy
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
There are quite a few people on both sides more likely to do something than Darkseid....... erm Darkseid will be operating on enlightened self-interest.

Doom: "Doom does not recoqnize any authority higher than Doom!"
Darkseid attacked Spectre, no reason he wouldn't attack God.

masterbruce
Darkseid attacked Spectre, no reason he wouldn't attack God.

Darkseid may be bold, but he isn't a fool. Although he might attack God as a ploy to impress God of his courage, however poorly intentioned.

don't shiv

beast uses twentysomething words to say pass the salt.
and often needs an elbow in the tummy from the Xmen to get to the point and/or speak clearly.

don't shiv
Originally posted by Akuki
thanos should be on the team, and Cable definitely should be to, Cable's very good with religious matters and with convincing individuals.

For Marvel I'd put:
Cable
Thanos
Warlock
She-Hulk(after all she already won argument with eternity to keep the main 616 universe around and not to replace it with the ultimate universe)

scrubb Shulk and slip in Uatu

Hitman911
Thanos w/ HOTI

Nuff said..........

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.