Sabertooth vs Black panther

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Battlehammer
no prep who wins.

I honestly can't see how black panther would win, but some members of the board think he will and think he faster then sabertooth.

masterbruce
BP is alot smarter than Sabretooth and will come through with a win, though he will not stand unscathed.

SnazzySmurph
Sabertooth would rape him.

Battlehammer
Originally posted by masterbruce
BP is alot smarter than Sabretooth and will come through with a win, though he will not stand unscathed.

when ahs brains every matter in a melee fight......not to mention sabertooth is above average intelligence..........with vastly mroe experience

Battlehammer
Originally posted by SnazzySmurph
thats what I was thinking

masterbruce

in his dreams maybe

tkitna
T'Challa

carver9
sabertooth destroys black panther

Battlehammer
Originally posted by carver9
sabertooth destroys black panther
you got the scanns from there lastest match up?

masterbruce
Originally posted by Battlehammer
when ahs brains every matter in a melee fight......not to mention sabertooth is above average intelligence..........with vastly mroe experience

ummm brains matter ALOT...hence why powerful idiots like Rhino and absorbing man always lose to much inferior foes

sabretooth would get too excited for blood while BP plays mindgames to distract sabretooth and gains the upperhand to win in the end

SnazzySmurph
in his dreams maybe You're right.

The reality would skip the raping and get straight to mauling, brutal murder, dismembering... etc.

Black Panther dies.

jinzin
You're right.

The reality would skip the raping and get straight to mauling, brutal murder, dismembering... etc.

Black Panther dies.

laughing out loud

quoted for truth no expression

Anyone that's thinking otherwise is out of their damned minds...

Battlehammer
ummm brains matter ALOT...hence why powerful idiots like Rhino and absorbing man always lose to much inferior foes

sabretooth would get too excited for blood while BP plays mindgames to distract sabretooth and gains the upperhand to win in the end
ya becuas emidn games have proven to work on sabertooth in the apst.......oh wait they don't.

also intel really means squat in a melee fight. You shoudl know this. It skill in instincts that matter.

also rhino and absobing man a mentally retarded sabertooth not.......

masterbruce
Can sabretooth claws even get past BP's vibranium? if not, he's screwed as Tchallas claws and daggers surely will make sushi outta Sabretooth

masterbruce
You're right.

Black Panther dies.

BP is smarter, faster, and more tactically disciplined than Sabretooth so I doubt he'd get mauled

Battlehammer
Can sabretooth claws even get past BP's vibranium? if not, he's screwed as Tchallas claws and daggers surely will make sushi outta Sabretooth
yes they can and easily.

do you know any thing about sabertooth?

I love for you to guess his strength class

Battlehammer
BP is smarter, faster, and more tactically disciplined than Sabretooth so I doubt he'd get mauled

faster...........dude you jsut prove you know nothing.

blakc panther not even fast then Logan let a lone sabertooth.

sabertooth has pritty much speed blizt spiderman before if not mistaken.......

masterbruce
yes they can and easily.

do you know any thing about sabertooth?

I love for you to guess his strength class

his strength is under class 30

how could his claws cut through vibranium?

SnazzySmurph
BP is smarter, faster, and more tactically disciplined than Sabretooth so I doubt he'd get mauled no expression

Sabertooth is faster, bigger, stronger, deadlier, more willing to kill, and has that ever so nifty healing factor.

Symmetric Chaos

The same way everybody else does.

masterbruce
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
The same way everybody else does.

i thought only adamantium could cut through vibranium?

Battlehammer

because ti not that hard to damage. It been cut loads of times. Not to mention sabertotoh coudl litterally break his neck or simply pound black panther to death.
vibranium is could for blunt force not that could vs cutting weapons back by 25 class character who is quite skilled

ya he a class 25 if not mistaken.

Battlehammer
i thought only adamantium could cut through vibranium?
yyou are sadly mistaken hell sabertotoh has cut black panther before.....

masterbruce
whatever, I guess we need a BP expert here to give their opinion

masterbruce
yyou are sadly mistaken hell sabertotoh has cut black panther before.....

alright, my mistake then

didn't they fight...who won?

Battlehammer
alright, my mistake then

sabertooth was killing black panther but then wolverine saved him

though some memebers don't seem to agree............

jinzin
Of course they can.. they already have in 61 AND House of M, his vibranium suit isn't rip proof it's blunt proof like a bullet proof vest.

jinzin
alright, my mistake then

Hudlin's Panther (you know the same guy that put Silver Surfer in an armbar) killed Sabretooth, but he did it with the aid of a sword, in House of M.. which is non 616...

It's a miracle that Sabretooth stood up to Hudlin Panther for as long as he did though.. lol

In 616 continuity, Sabretooth was beating Black Panther and had ample oppurtunity to kill him.. Though Panther's pride and fanboys both want to disagree with that.

Battlehammer
Originally posted by jinzin
Hudlin's Panther (you know the same guy that put Silver Surfer in an armbar) killed Sabretooth, but he did it with the aid of a sword, in House of M.. which is non 616...

It's a miracle that Sabretooth stood up to Hudlin Panther for as long as he did though.. lol

In 616 continuity, Sabretooth was beating Black Panther and had ample oppurtunity to kill him.. Though Panther's pride and fanboys both want to disagree with that.
panther seems to say that alot. Like when wolevrien beat him, when capt beat him.

That one of the reasons I don't read him as often he so dam cocky

masterbruce

that doesn't really support the notion that Sabretooth would rape Panther, at best he would eek out a win against Panther, but not without sustaining some heavy wounds.

I guess I give Sabes 6/10 right now

masterbruce
panther seems to say that alot.

what does he say?

Battlehammer
that doesn't really support the notion that Sabretooth would rape Panther, at best he would eek out a win against Panther, but not without sustaining some heavy wounds.

what doesent? it a fact sabertooth is better physically in every way.......

the one 616 fight they had sabertooth was winning until wolverine showed up and sabertooth clearly was not put much effort into the fight.

Battlehammer
what does he say?
that he dident need help......or he could have gotten out or some crap. Though no one else ever agrees with him

masterbruce
what doesent? it a fact sabertooth is better physically in every way.......

the one 616 fight they had sabertooth was winning until wolverine showed up and sabertooth clearly was not put much effort into the fight.

the fact that BP killed him in house of M...with a sword....is not that ridiculous (compared to silver surfer armbar) and is feasible considering BP has his sharp daggers on him anyways. it'll be harder than a sword but not implausible.

masterbruce
that he dident need help......or he could have gotten out or some crap. Though no one else ever agrees with him

i didnt read the comic so i can't say for sure...but perhaps he was toying with sabretooth and wolverine spoiled his fun?

Battlehammer
the fact that BP killed him in house of M...with a sword....is not that ridiculous (compared to silver surfer armbar) and is feasible considering BP has his sharp daggers on him anyways. it'll be harder than a sword but not implausible.
thing is hosue of M is not cannon.

would not matter 616 would rock house of M sabertooth with ease.

They were completely different characters

Battlehammer
i didnt read the comic so i can't say for sure...but perhaps he was toying with sabretooth and wolverine spoiled his fun?
sabertooth was toying with black panther........Black panther was held up in the air by his throat completely helpless..........

TheGame17
maybe this doesn't count, but didn't black panther cut off sabretooth's head in "The house of M" reality?

Battlehammer
yes and like I said 616 sabertooth>>>>>>>>>>>house of M

masterbruce
yes and like I said 616 sabertooth>>>>>>>>>>>house of M

based on what do you make that statement?

jinzin

A SEVERLY weakened Sabretooth beating Black Panther in a fight doesn't support the fact that he would beat Black Panther in a fight? confused

What the f**k?

Sabretooth wouldn't even have to try to "eek" out wins against Black Panther...

Let's get real, Black Panther doesn't have much a hance in hell of beating Sabretooth unless he's written by Hudlin, end of story.

jinzin

It was ridiculous.. Balck Panther pounding Sabes head into the ground to the point of giving him brain damage?

Sabretooth goes fistacuffs with Ms. Marvel and Killpower and doesn't get brain damage.. One punch from either of those two would be more than T'challa would be capible of dishing out all day....

Sabretooth fights Wolverine on a regular basis to the point that both o them are exchanging blows that the narration describes as capible of killing dozens of men, but Sabretooth gets staggered in that fight from a little blood loss and a few BP punches?

There's something seriously wrong there..

and you'reignoring simple facts.. like the fact that a man who writes BP stories as racially motivated and totally bias as Hudlin, wouldn't drop that bias for the sake of one fight like the one we're discussing.

jinzin
based on what do you make that statement?

It's not only 616 Sabes>>>> hom sabes though..

It's 616 Panther<<<<<< Hom Hudlin Panther...

Soljer
Sabretooth.

I shouldn't need to explain.

TricksterPriest
Sabes's claws are adamantium, right? Doesn't matter much as to the outcome, just curious.

Symmetric Chaos
Sabretooth fights Wolverine on a regular basis to the point that both o them are exchanging blows that the narration describes as capible of killing dozens of men, but Sabretooth gets staggered in that fight from a little blood loss and a few BP punches?

There's something seriously wrong there..

Unless you're severely underrating BP in your crazed desire of Sabes to win.

Just food for thought.

Soljer
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Sabes's claws are adamantium, right? Doesn't matter much as to the outcome, just curious.

Not last time we saw him - Wolverine sliced through him without much trouble.

Soljer

Just food for thought.

Or others are incredibly overrating T'Challa for THEIR insane desire for him to win.

jinzin

Just food for thought.

Wait, you honestly think that it's okay for Black Panther's punches and kicks to seriously effect a man who outslugged ms. Marvel, laughed at sasquatches punches, has muscles and nerves so tight and strong that Carol Danvers couldn't apply pressure points even with her strength level, and basicall has puma's physiology with wolverine's healing factor...

Or that someone has to be "crazed" for Sabretooth, to think there's something wrong with that?

What the f**k?

Soljer
You're referring to HoM, yes?

Symmetric Chaos
Wait, you honestly think that it's okay for Black Panther's punches and kicks to seriously effect a man who outslugged ms. Marvel, laughed at sasquatches punches, has muscles and nerves so tight and strong that Carol Danvers couldn't apply pressure points even with her strength level, and basicall has puma's physiology with wolverine's healing factor...

Or that someone has to be "crazed" for Sabretooth, to think there's something wrong with that?

What the f**k?

No.

Just a thought. No need to get uppity.

Maybe BP is an unstoppable killing machine and you failed to notice.

Soljer
No.

Or maybe his entire existence was really just the dream of a young Australian girl and YOU just failed to notice....

roll eyes (sarcastic).

jinzin
Originally posted by Soljer
You're referring to HoM, yes?

Yup.

Symmetric Chaos
Or maybe his entire existence was really just the dream of a young Australian girl and YOU just failed to notice....

roll eyes (sarcastic).

Not a postulation I'm willing to discard without reason.

jinzin
No.

Are you sure you're not talking about Sabretooth?
no expression

Symmetric Chaos
Are you sure you're not talking about Sabretooth?
no expression

Completely none180

Soljer
Yup.

Then what does it matter if T'Challa knocked the Hulk out with the mere snap of his fingers? Non-canon is non-canon, no?

jinzin
Then what does it matter if T'Challa knocked the Hulk out with the mere snap of his fingers? Non-canon is non-canon, no?

It was just the context of the conversation.

It was Hudlin panther so it's not surprising.

King_Mungi
That whole Sasquatch and Sabretooth fight saddened me sad

But yes Sabretooth has fought physically one on one with Ms.Marvel and Rogue so ideally a peak human shouldn't do more damage then them. However, this is the wacky world of comics where Captain America blows hurt the Hulk

masterbruce

What the f**k?

so what...captain america has hurt Hulk when class 100s have failed to do so

BP is like the black captain america

Battlehammer

captain america has never gone hit for hit with any one close to 50 tons..........

masterbruce
captain america has never gone hit for hit with any one close to 50 tons..........

he has fought spiderman, who's faster and stronger than sabes.

jinzin

Hurting class 100's? Sure he might be able to do that, annoy them. Beating them in a punch for punch slugfest? No... no expression

Battlehammer
but see ehre the thing spidermans not stronger or faster..........

here another thing spiderman no were near sabertooth durability.

sabertooth would easily take the majority from spiderman

SnazzySmurph
Anyways, BP gets massacred.

Now, resident Wolverine experts,

has this destruction of adamantium ever been retconned?

Pure Adamantium... exploded by a force ball.

http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g126/SpunkySmurph/Inhumans-v1-001-07.jpg
http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g126/SpunkySmurph/Inhumans-v1-001-08.jpg

http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g126/SpunkySmurph/Inhumans-v1-002-09.jpg

jinzin
Spiderman hasn't been faster than Sabretooth since his classic days and even THEN it was damned close, Peter even knew that Sabretooth could kill him.. Since he joined the marauders he's had no problems keeping up with Spidey, so that's a load of bull.

Stronger? BARELY.. if at all...

and Spiderman doesn't have a healing factor that's superior to Logan's.. Nor Do his muscles or bones have the same durability..

Victor Creed came out of a Blackbird crash from high altitudes with just some burnt skin and lack of hair... he was still fighting pretty ferociously..

Black Panther would have to cause more damage than a plane crash to even get Creed to notice him, and he'd have to do it fast enough to do it before getting tagged himself.. it won't happen.

Battlehammer

that was retconned to be secondary adamatium.

jinzin

Don't know, and don't care seeing how it doesn't much apply to Wolverine's physiology.

SnazzySmurph
Don't know, and don't care seeing how it doesn't much apply to Wolverine's physiology. I wasn't making any implications. I wanted to know if an obvious writing err / older script err was retconned, and figured you guys might know.

Thanks, Capt.

jinzin
I wasn't making any implications. I wanted to know if an obvious writing err / older script err was retconned, and figured you guys might know.

Thanks, Capt.

All I was doing was stating my viewpoint. confused

SnazzySmurph
All I was doing was stating my viewpoint. confused Oh.

It seemed like you thought I was making a backhanded Wolverine-attack.

Well, then you're just ignorant.

That's much better. sly

Battlehammer
I wasn't making any implications. I wanted to know if an obvious writing err / older script err was retconned, and figured you guys might know.

Thanks, Capt.
welcome. Marvel had some sort of article about it a long while back

jinzin
Oh.

It seemed like you thought I was making a backhanded Wolverine-attack.

Well, then you're just ignorant.

That's much better. sly

lol, well you didn't have to be so harsh about it, ut yes in this case I appeal to ignorance.

tkitna
I took it for granted that Hudlin was writing the story. My bad.

Sabes 10/10

jinzin
Originally posted by tkitna
I took it for granted that Hudlin was writing the story. My bad.

Sabes 10/10 laughing out loud

SnazzySmurph
lol, well you didn't have to be so harsh about it, ut yes in this case I appeal to ignorance. Soon you'll have devolved into wolvertooth. ermmfrown

jinzin
Soon you'll have devolved into wolvertooth. ermmfrown

Doubtful, I'm still capible of producing understandible trains of thought.

SnazzySmurph
Doubtful, I'm still capible of producing understandible trains of thought. Just sayin'... he was like the Darth Sidious of the ignorant side, but you could be Vader.

Battlehammer
Doubtful, I'm still capible of producing understandible trains of thought.
hey we can't all be perfect mad

Alfheim
faster...........dude you jsut prove you know nothing.

blakc panther not even fast then Logan let a lone sabertooth.

Of course thats why Wolverine was suprised by BPs speed and even in their first fight eventhough BP lost, BP was dodging most of Wolverines blows Wolverine eventuially caught him.....and BP is amped even more now.

Soljer
Originally posted by Alfheim
Of course thats why Wolverine was suprised by BPs speed and even in their first fight eventhough BP lost, BP was dodging most of Wolverines blows Wolverine eventuially caught him.....and BP is amped even more now.

I can be surprised how fast a six year old is.

Doesn't mean he's faster than I am.

Apolloknight

On three separate occasions?

Soljer
Originally posted by Apolloknight
On three separate occasions?

Absolutely.

Apolloknight
Absolutely.

Wow, so I guess comic evidence can only go so far depending on how you look at it, or the participants.

masterbruce

thats a bad analogy

Soljer
Wow, so I guess comic evidence can only go so far depending on how you look at it, or the participants.

If the evidence was "He's faster than I am!" it's not dismissible.

If it's merely 'he's fast!' then sure it is.

Superman has said that Batman's fast. Captain Atom (I think...) has said that Midnighter is fast.

Are either of the latter faster than the former in these two cases?

Apolloknight
If the evidence was "He's faster than I am!" it's not dismissible.

If it's merely 'he's fast!' then sure it is.

Superman has said that Batman's fast. Captain Atom (I think...) has said that Midnighter is fast.

Are either of the latter faster than the former in these two cases?

What about "impossible, no one is that fast!!!!"

?

Soljer
What about it?

Wolverine has encountered Quicksilver, Nothstar, the Silver Surfer, Speed Demon, et cetera.

Is T'Challa suddenly faster than everyone Wolverine knows?

I think not - it was mere hyperbole.

masterbruce
What about it?

Wolverine has encountered Quicksilver, Nothstar, the Silver Surfer, Speed Demon, et cetera.

while it is hyperbole, it is also akin to saying, "he's faster than I am"

Apolloknight
What about it?

First off, Sabretooth said it, Secondly, Black panther has also encountered everybody you just mentioned, and did well, and in same cases defeating them (no I'm not talking about surfer).

Lastly, hyperbole is mostly thrown out the window if character performing said feat says that statement himself.

"I'm the strongest there is"

"No one is faster then me"

"Nothing can hurt me"

In this case, when somebody else (either somebody watching, or somebody else involved in the fight says it about the person performing the feat) says the feat, you cant just throw it out the window and use that excuse. You would have to examine the characters in question, in this case, both T'challa and Sabretooth have good speed feats, so T'challa being in Sabretooth league of speed is not out of the question. Secondly, and I think the most important, will always be direct confrontations, in this case, T'challa running down Sabretooth, and Sabretooth responding with......

"Impossible, no one is that fast" which in this case was T'challa running down Sabretooth (which he did run him down), I think the excuse of hyperbole must be thrown out the window.

For the record, I'm not saying T'challa would beat Sabretooth in H2H, that impossible, his healing factor is too much, he would need his tech, which I will happily discuss after the speed argument.

Apolloknight
while it is hyperbole, it is also akin to saying, "he's faster than I am"

Which can also be true, Im pretty fast myself, X-100 meter dash state guy.

When I didnt take first in the 100, I remember saying something to the effect,

"Man, people shouldnt even be allowed to be that fast" (which i was talking about the guy who took first).

Soljer
So, wait, it's actually your position that T'Challa is Sabretooth's superior in speed?

Honestly?

Apolloknight
So, wait, it's actually your position that T'Challa is Sabretooth's superior in speed?

Honestly?

I didn't say it, Sabretooth said it.

It not all that impossible either Soljer, T'challa is being written to ridiculous levels these days. He has been upgraded, or you must have missed that memo.

Soljer
laughing laughing laughing

I'm sorry, call it a cop out, call it my ignorance, make whatever excuse you want to make....

but I just can't take this thread seriously anymore. This is nearly as bad as the Storm-tards or Hulk-fans.

Adios, my friend.

Apolloknight
laughing laughing laughing

I'm sorry, call it a cop out, call it my ignorance, make whatever excuse you want to make....

but I just can't take this thread seriously anymore. This is nearly as bad as the Storm-tards or Hulk-fans.

Adios, my friend.

So this is how people react when they are given loads of proof, because you think you know a character or some such yet cant give any counter proof.

Very nice.

Battlehammer
I didn't say it, Sabretooth said it.

It not all that impossible either Soljer, T'challa is being written to ridiculous levels these days. He has been upgraded, or you must have missed that memo.
actaully sabertooth never said a thing about black panther being facter.......

the way you view some events is amazing

Battlehammer
Originally posted by Alfheim
most? he dodged one attack. then he atatck Logan and got beat and black panther was surprized by Logans speed.........

Being surprized by a person speed does not make them faster......

jinzin
So this is how people react when they are given loads of proof, because you think you know a character or some such yet cant give any counter proof.

Very nice.

In terms of combat speed, there's no evidence to suggets BP is Sabretooth's superior... Sabretooth siad that no one was that fast in terms of sheer traveling speed, which is nothing more than Sabretooth being shocked that someone could keep up with him on the ground.. If PB was really that muh faster he wouldn't have ended up at Sabretooth's mercy in their fight, or at Wolverine's mercy in Contest of Champions... The evidence goes both ways on that one... yes Wolverine's said he was impressed by T'challa's speed, was his speed enough to completely outclass Wolverine in a fight?

No.. same thing happened when Wolverine fought deathstroke.

Battlehammer
the fact is black panther is not faster then wolverine or sabertooth hell he likly slower then wolverine let a lone sabertooth

masterbruce
the fact is black panther is not faster then wolverine or sabertooth hell he likly slower then wolverine let a lone sabertooth

the more times you repeat something doeesn't make it correct

jinzin
I don't know, the fact that Wolverine's made comment about T'challa's speed on two seperate occasions does set up a strong case that he has at least some sort of speed advantage, though pobably nothing monumental. to say the same thing about Sabretooth though, just seems assinign.

Battlehammer
I don't know, the fact that Wolverine's made comment about T'challa's speed on two seperate occasions does set up a strong case that he has at least some sort of speed advantage, though pobably nothing monumental. to say the same thing about Sabretooth though, just seems assinign.
not raally.

first remeber there first fight.

Logan was surprized by black panther speed, but a lot fo that was due to black panthers senses that Logan did not know he possessed.

The black panther said there is no way wolverine has my jungle swiftness. So really it was black panther who was surprized with Logans speed.

The second fight Logan was surprized by black panthers speed.......does that make black panther faster hello no. It means wolverine did not think he be that fast and seeing as how black panther supossivly got upgraded that would also explain it.

yugotank
Panther is good.....But not that good!

Sabertooth would tear him apart.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.