Clone Army VS KOTOR-era Republic Army

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Tortoise Herder
Now, assuming that both sides have comparable small arms equipment, who wins? This is a Galactic War, with the two sides having a roughly equal share of the Galaxy's industrial and manpower assets.

Darth Sexy
So you're saying that both sides have the exact same equipment AND # of soldiers?

Se7in
KotOR spans over many years, and the Republic of the time takes on many changes.

Given you said KotOR-era, we could assume the Republic:

1. Was the Republic that was getting ravaged by the Mandalorians.
2. Was the Republic that had Revan, Malak, Exile, and other Jedi Generals leading the front.
3. Was the Republic that had Revan and Malak betrayed, forcing the Jedi Council to actually take action.
4. Was the Republic that was falling apart due to inner strife and had only 5 living Jedi left, 1 of which, the Exile, would choose to fight.

Please be more specific.

Tortoise Herder
To Darth Sexy, I would have to say that yes, we are assuming that the KOTOR-era Republican army and the Clones have, if not identical (which they obviously do not) equipment and numbers, but at least are comparable. And, to Se7en, I would have to say that this would probably be the military of #4, the FJP era of KOTOR.

We are assuming that, while not identical, the two sides have comparable infantry equipment (ie, their blaster rifles are roughly the same, their armor is pretty much the same, etc), and are roughly the same size, but have different vehicles, ships, naval power, etc.

Basically, I want your opinions on which is superior, an army of identical clones, or a mass-army of different individuals.

Se7in
Originally posted by Tortoise Herder
To Darth Sexy, I would have to say that yes, we are assuming that the KOTOR-era Republican army and the Clones have, if not identical (which they obviously do not) equipment and numbers, but at least are comparable. And, to Se7en, I would have to say that this would probably be the military of #4, the FJP era of KOTOR.

We are assuming that, while not identical, the two sides have comparable infantry equipment (ie, their blaster rifles are roughly the same, their armor is pretty much the same, etc), and are roughly the same size, but have different vehicles, ships, naval power, etc.

Basically, I want your opinions on which is superior, an army of identical clones, or a mass-army of different individuals.

If you're assuming number 4, then the Clone Wars Republic destroys them.

The Republic during the Jedi Civil War was a joke, when Nihilus attacked Telos, an EXTREMELY vital project of the Republic that was the forefront of planetary restoration, the Republic could barely respond. The Dantooine Militia, Onderon Royal Guard, and Mandalorian Remnants of Dxun had to all pitch in just to keep the station from getting overrun by Sith troops.

The Clones not only had superior soldiers, but superior technology and superior firepower.

This is overkill.

ThoraxeRMG
Clones take this.

tulakhordpwns
Clones win. Their technology is more advanced.

Shin_Blax
EDIT

Tortoise Herder
OK, then, to make this more balanced, let us make it the KOTOR Republican military that it was just before the battle of Malachor wiped out the remanants of the Neo-Crusaders (along with a good chunk of the Republic's loyalists who would not back Revan.)

Janus Marius
Even then, I'd give it to the Clone troopers. As indicated in The Cestus Deception, Clone troopers are perhaps the best soldiers a professional army has ever had; they're all trained by Mandalorians, they are literally bred for war and never disobey an order or know fear. They have high intellects and can memorize field tactics, how to dismantle and rearm bombs, and how to dress wounds or cook with local food items. It's noted that Clone troopers perform so well to specifications that Republic generals knew what to expect of their soldiers to a tee. The only unknown would be the enemy.

Now, considering that you've deliberately left both of these armies leaderless, I'd have to assume that each party has its own soldier-level leader, correct? If this is the case, Republic army would have a Major or Captain-level officer, while Clone Troopers would have ARC troopers. ARC troopers, while not exactly possessing as much initiative as a more-free willed sentient, are still superb field commanders and can train indigenous groups, work strategies and tactics, create functioning base camps and improve their abilities all the time, including how to think outside of the box (Since they are made this way deliberately to act as leaders and special ops).

Especially with similar tech- Clone troopers fearlessly hold formation, don't desert, don't ask for monetary compensation, don't complain about food, infection, or suicide missions. And they have had lifetime training for one thing- war.

Bottom line, Clone Troopers curbstomp Republic troops on equal grounds and in most disadvantaged situations.

Atticus
i agree with janus and you have to remeber that alot of the republic military was conscrips twards the end of the mandalorian wars

but if the numbers were smaller(like 300 on 300) and vehicals were taken out of the eqausion. pitting the best of the republic vs. the best of the clones then the republic still has a chance and it would be cool if carth was leading the repulic vs. commander cody and the clones

Council#13
Originally posted by Janus Marius
Even then, I'd give it to the Clone troopers. As indicated in The Cestus Deception, Clone troopers are perhaps the best soldiers a professional army has ever had; they're all trained by Mandalorians, they are literally bred for war and never disobey an order or know fear. They have high intellects and can memorize field tactics, how to dismantle and rearm bombs, and how to dress wounds or cook with local food items. It's noted that Clone troopers perform so well to specifications that Republic generals knew what to expect of their soldiers to a tee. The only unknown would be the enemy.

Now, considering that you've deliberately left both of these armies leaderless, I'd have to assume that each party has its own soldier-level leader, correct? If this is the case, Republic army would have a Major or Captain-level officer, while Clone Troopers would have ARC troopers. ARC troopers, while not exactly possessing as much initiative as a more-free willed sentient, are still superb field commanders and can train indigenous groups, work strategies and tactics, create functioning base camps and improve their abilities all the time, including how to think outside of the box (Since they are made this way deliberately to act as leaders and special ops).

Especially with similar tech- Clone troopers fearlessly hold formation, don't desert, don't ask for monetary compensation, don't complain about food, infection, or suicide missions. And they have had lifetime training for one thing- war.

Bottom line, Clone Troopers curbstomp Republic troops on equal grounds and in most disadvantaged situations.

I like your signature.

Count Makashi
Like everyone else said, Clones win, the best soldiers ever, coolest to.

Janus Marius
Originally posted by Council#13
I like your signature.

Thanks. I like yours too.

Gideon
Thanks. I like yours too.

Oh, you flirt. stick out tongue

Janus Marius
Well, Sirius Black is pretty cool, so any signature depicting him is cool by association.

Your sig is kinda bland though, Escape. You need to work on it more.

Gideon
Well, Sirius Black is pretty cool, so any signature depicting him is cool by association.

Your sig is kinda bland though, Escape. You need to work on it more.

I r haff n0 talint in sig makin'.

Janus Marius
Well, you could always ask someone who makes sigs for one, too.

Gideon
Well, you could always ask someone who makes sigs for one, too.

This is true.

Get MSN you bastard. You will need to catch up on some things, I have now identified the most evil bastard in television history.

Darth Sexy
David Hasselholf, who is incidentally also the greatest man alive?

Gideon
No.

Angelus from Buffy the Vampire Slayer/Angel. Evil...

Darth Sexy
Um. Well if you don't think David Hasselholf is the greatest man alive.. Here....
http://www.viralvideochart.com/dailymotion/david_hasselhoff__hooked_on_a_feeling?id=x1en80

ThoraxeRMG
Originally posted by Gideon
Oh, you flirt. stick out tongue

Jack of Blades is awesome.

Count Makashi
Originally posted by Darth Sexy
David Hasselholf, who is incidentally also the greatest man alive?

Don't forget, he is also the most handsome man in the Universe.

ThoraxeRMG
Originally posted by Count Makashi
Don't forget, he is also the most handsome man in the Universe.

Since when did I become David Hasselholf? roll eyes (sarcastic)

ihavenoname
duh the clone armies win from better training and better technology.

the kotor republic soilders can even hit a sith trooper from 9ft away

(as demostated in the attck on endar spite)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.