sabertooth vs morlun

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

lando005
you guys r already debating it might as well make it offical

Battlehammer
why make a new one when there an old one?

oh and admatium skeleton sabertotoh wins quite cleanly

I wish you ad done wolverine vs morlun that one was funnier

lando005
Originally posted by Battlehammer
why make a new one when there an old one?

oh and admatium skeleton sabertotoh wins quite cleanly

I wish you ad done wolverine vs morlun that one was funnier simple sheer lazyness

for this fight no addy for sabes and i dont feel like getting started with wolves and morlun i got something diffrent in mind for him

Battlehammer
depends if sabertooth can cut him he destroys morlun. It more likly sabertooth can cut morlun then can't.

masterbruce
It more likly sabertooth can cut morlun then can't.

based on what? Morlun's insane durability?

Battlehammer
Originally posted by masterbruce
based on what? Morlun's insane durability?
that only stould up to blunt attacks the first cutting attack against him was the stringers which went right through him........

not to mention nothing morlun did was even beyond that of cages durability for the most part.

lando005
depends if sabertooth can cut him he destroys morlun. It more likly sabertooth can cut morlun then can't. you would think that he cant but he can sabertooth can cut morlun the second battle where peter lost and was beaten by morlun proved it. He was going to finish him but when the police showed up he retreated for 2 reasons

1 he wanted to make it private
2 he's not bullet proof

Battlehammer
Originally posted by lando005
you would think that he cant but he can sabertooth can cut morlun the second battle where peter lost and was beaten by morlun proved it. He was going to finish him but when the police showed up he retreated for 2 reasons

2 he's not bullet proof
very true I forgot about that.

He very good against blunt damage but not piercing

jinzin
you would think that he cant but he can sabertooth can cut morlun the second battle where peter lost and was beaten by morlun proved it. He was going to finish him but when the police showed up he retreated for 2 reasons

2 he's not bullet proof Hmmm never thought about that.. good point.

lando005
thanks just being fair

srankmissingnin
very true I forgot about that.

He very good against blunt damage but not piercing

Or maybe his blunt damage soak isn't that hot either; he was fighting a guy who's life force he was siphoning after all, its not a huge stretch to assume that severally minimizing the damage he sustained.

JasonK4
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
Or maybe his blunt damage soak isn't that hot either; he was fighting a guy who's life force he was siphoning after all, its not a huge stretch to assume that severally minimizing the damage he sustained.
Originally posted by jinzin
impossible I'm afraid.. Both the disk and the file that I made to hold all the links to Wolverine's greatness are at home, I just moved up to college. Again.... even without Sranks rienforcements I would still be looking at launching this thing at some point during the weekend, possibly (very slim chance) thursay evening...

But seriously, everybody go harass Srank, send him annoying messages constantly, and maybe he'll finally send the damned hosted links to me so I can organize the damned things. I really want this thing to be as complete as possible.. when you spend as much time on these things as I did, it's the little things that count I suppose.
ermm

Erik-Lensherr
I'd say Morlun

lando005
tough fight in my oppinion

Battlehammer
not really........sabertooth would stomp him.

Peter can't hurt morlun. sabertooth can ripp morlun to shreds

masterbruce
sabertooth can ripp morlun to shreds laughing out loud eek!

Estacado

Peter can't hurt morlun. sabertooth can ripp morlun to shreds
Off course he can!!!!!haermm

jinzin
Originally posted by Estacado
Off course he can!!!!!haermm

Oh I'm sorry, apparently you guys have some prove that Morlun's durability goes beyond blunt force attacks.. please if you will... produce. no expression

Battlehammer
laughing out loud eek!
so wait you think morlun will win because of why?

Oh becuase he slower?

Maybe becuase he not as good a fighter

Or maybe becuase he can't put sabertooth down with out hititng him over and pover and over and over and so on while sabertooth realy doesent need to hit him very much.

The only real adavntage morlun hols is a slight strength advanantage........it rather sad how people are so quick to think morlun wins.

lando005

Peter can't hurt morlun. sabertooth can ripp morlun to shreds i dont think so while sabes has the ability to hur morlun it still wont be an easy fight and i can see morlun pulling a fast one and start draining sabertooth's life force if things get ugly for him

jinzin
You guys DO know that Sabretooth took down Superman rip offs.. right?

You know that right?

Symmetric Chaos

You know that right?

Thats a pretty huge area.

How good were said ripoffs?

masterbruce

You know that right?

yet he couldn't take down wolverine pre-immortality and insane hf...btw what superman ripoffs?

Battlehammer
i dont think so while sabes has the ability to hur morlun it still wont be an easy fight and i can see morlun pulling a fast one and start draining sabertooth's life force if things get ugly for him
like he ddi to spiderman oh wait nope he was unable to do that. Hell spiderman was able to fight him for an entire day..........

jinzin
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Thats a pretty huge area.

How good were said ripoffs?

true, well they had scalphunter spooked, and this guy's been dealing with the x-men sinister and apocalypse for years.

jinzin
yet he couldn't take down wolverine pre-immortality and insane hf...btw what superman ripoffs?

They didn't have six one foot long claws to help deal with Creed..

Read Weapon X 25 to finish.

masterbruce
They didn't have six one foot long claws to help deal with Creed..

Read Weapon X 25 to finish.

right, because six footlong claws are more effective than Superman like powers against Creed roll eyes (sarcastic)

Battlehammer
im still waiting for master bruces reasoning for morlun to win.......

lando005
like he ddi to spiderman oh wait nope he was unable to do that. Hell spiderman was able to fight him for an entire day.......... he did drain spider-man every time they touched that's how spidy figured it out and was able to turn that against him for the win during their first fight now do to spidy's nature you could say morlun doesn't have to try and steal his life force but he can steal others there was a normal woman during the first fight who got too close to morlun and he started to drain her live energies when he grabbed her so yes he can do it

jinzin
right, because six footlong claws are more effective than Superman like powers against Creed roll eyes (sarcastic)

Yup they are infact..

Since you know Creed's durability is enough to stand up to brick punhes without getting broken bones, and his muscles and tendons are too strong for even a 50 ton lifter to use nerve pinches on...

Where as Wolverine's claws can cut through ANYTHING and bleeding out taxes the HF more easily than allowing the HF to reabsorb things into the system.

Battlehammer
he did drain spider-man every time they touched that's how spidy figured it out and was able to turn that against him for the win during their first fight now do to spidy's nature you could say morlun doesn't have to try and steal his life force but he can steal others there was a normal woman during the first fight who got too close to morlun and he started to drain her live energies when he grabbed her so yes he can do it
but the fact is he not going to win doing that. If spiderman can last a day sabertooth could last way longer. energy draining would clearly not effect sabertooth any were near as badly as spiderman and unlike spiderman sabertooth can ripp morlun a part

masterbruce
im still waiting for master bruces reasoning for morlun to win....... i just laughed before becuase you said sabes would rip morlun to shreds....which is absolutely ridiculous unless sabes suddenly got a speed upgrade and also still has adamantium claws

Battlehammer
i just laughed before becuase you said sabes would rip morlun to shreds....which is absolutely ridiculous unless sabes suddenly got a speed upgrade and also still has adamantium claws
he ahs gotten speed up grades........actually he easily spiderman equal in speed if not superior......

WE know morlun was afraid of bullets and we know morlun got stabb by bone stingers. There really no reason sabertotoh cant ripp him to shreds.

jinzin
Why would Sabretooth need a speed upgrade. at which point did Morlun appear to be faster than Spiderman in combat? What the f**k?

masterbruce
"Morlun has the ability to drain the life force from other beings through physical contact. Depending on the power of the individual he drains, Morlun's powers and vitality can increase substantially. Without periodic feedings, Morlun would age and weaken.

Morlun had some degree of superhuman strength and durability, the limits of which aren't fully known. Spider-Man states that Morlun hits harder than any foe he had ever battled, including the Hulk and Thor. Morlun's physical speed, stamina, agility, and reflexes are sufficiently heightened to enable him to keep up with Spider-Man.

Morlun has walked the earth for centuries, if not longer, and is a relentless and remorseless stalker. Once Morlun has physically touched somebody, that person is forever "imprinted" in Morlun's senses, allowing him to track his quarry down from anywhere on Earth."

hits harder than Thor and Hulk...yep Morlun wins.

lando005
but the fact is he not going to win doing that. If spiderman can last a day sabertooth could last way longer. energy draining would clearly not effect sabertooth any were near as badly as spiderman and unlike spiderman sabertooth can ripp morlun a part i didn't say he would win doing that although that is a plausible possibility. spiderman mainly lasted a day because he kept running away and yes his draining ability worked very well on spiderman because his healing factor isnt anywhere near as good

theoretically speaking if he could drain sabertooth then the match may draw to a standstill because even if sabertooth could damage him with his claws he would also be giving healing and recharging morlun with every touch

i doubt that though from what i gather morlun would have to grab sabertooth and keep hold of him to drain him

can morlun grab him and drain him sure but not enough to kill him and once sabes figures out what he's doing he wont let him do it again

Battlehammer
"Morlun has the ability to drain the life force from other beings through physical contact. Depending on the power of the individual he drains, Morlun's powers and vitality can increase substantially. Without periodic feedings, Morlun would age and weaken.

Morlun had some degree of superhuman strength and durability, the limits of which aren't fully known. Spider-Man states that Morlun hits harder than any foe he had ever battled, including the Hulk and Thor. Morlun's physical speed, stamina, agility, and reflexes are sufficiently heightened to enable him to keep up with Spider-Man.

Morlun has walked the earth for centuries, if not longer, and is a relentless and remorseless stalker. Once Morlun has physically touched somebody, that person is forever "imprinted" in Morlun's senses, allowing him to track his quarry down from anywhere on Earth."

your an idiot.

Go use an official soruce not some crap you get off the internet. His official bio states that he drains energy when he hits them thats why it apears as if he hits ahrder then thor and hulk.........not to mention lsiting to what spiderman says is a laod of shit.

spiderman once said he was lifting somthing thor could not........so I guess spidermanisi now stronger then thor.

Oh my favorit part is the fact that if morlun hit as hard as thor spiderman would have been KO in the second attack........not the 15 punches he took.

Battlehammer
i didn't say he would win doing that although that is a plausible possibility. spiderman mainly lasted a day because he kept running away and yes his draining ability worked very well on spiderman because his healing factor isnt anywhere near as good

theoretically speaking if he could drain sabertooth then the match may draw to a standstill because even if sabertooth could damage him with his claws he would also be giving healing and recharging morlun with every touch

i doubt that though from what i gather morlun would have to grab sabertooth and keep hold of him to drain him

can morlun grab him and drain him sure but not enough to kill him and once sabes figures out what he's doing he wont let him do it again

morlun does nto get the power of the person he touches. he won't heal. he must keep contect to drain energy. In order to hit sabertooth he will will be leaving him self open to atatcks that will and can kill him.

In the end of the day morlun deos nto ahve waht it takes to hang with sabertooth.

lando005
morlun does nto get the power of the person he touches. he won't heal. he must keep contect to drain energy. In order to hit sabertooth he will will be leaving him self open to atatcks that will and can kill him.

In the end of the day morlun deos nto ahve waht it takes to hang with sabertooth. yes i've noted that, but i still think it would be a tough fight and i do think morlun is capable go grabbing sabertooth atleast once that wont end the fight but would weaken sabes for a moment and probably piss him off

jinzin

Your whole argument's based on Hyperbole. erm

Morlun wins because he's walked the Earth for centuries?

Nope.. Wendigo's a timeless curse, it didn't save Wendigo from getting turned into a fur coat.

Morlun wins because he can drain life force? Nope, ask Omega Red about that one.

Morlun wins because he actually hits harder than Thor or Hulk? Nope, Spiderman's strength was being drained, it was decreasing at a geometric rate, he wasn't in the right physical frame to make that statement.

Morlun wins because of strength and durability.. Rogue and Mrs. Marvel might disagree with that..

Reflexes fast enough to keep up with Spiderman? WHAO.. he totally wins NOW! Or not, since Sabretooth's been able to do that since the beginning of his career. no expression

Admit it, you don't have one damn good reason for Morlun to win this fight other than the fact that he's beaten Spidey, and we all know Spiderman hasn't been dead to rights at Sabretooth's hands like twice now.. roll eyes (sarcastic)

masterbruce
actually I think omega red would beat sabretooth

Battlehammer
omega red would kick the crap out of morlun...............so why does that matter if he could beat sabertooth?

masterbruce
omega red would kick the crap out of morlun...............so why does that matter if he could beat sabertooth?

no red wouldnt beat morlun...but thats another debate

it matters because just like red, morlun can suck all of sabretooth's life

Milky Joe
Regardless of the other factors here, Morlun does have a large strength and speed advantage.

Proof of strength outside of fights was given when he effortlessly strolled through a steel reinforced concrete wall when Spider-Man was messing around in that nuclear power station.

As for speed, well he was right on top of Spider-Man moments after he swung away and landed on the roof of a building a few blocks down the street. Sabretooth would have taken minutes to travel that far then climb an entire building

jinzin
i dont think so while sabes has the ability to hur morlun it still wont be an easy fight and i can see morlun pulling a fast one and start draining sabertooth's life force if things get ugly for him

perhaps.

jinzin
actually I think omega red would beat sabretooth

except for that fact that they've already fought and Omega Red was forced into fleeing..
no expression

Again, your whole argument hinges on hyperbole and ignoring Sabretooth's feats.. Rather pathetic really.

Battlehammer
no red wouldnt beat morlun...but thats another debate

it matters because just like red, morlun can suck all of sabretooth's life
actaully he would.........

to bad morlun has to touch the poerson tod rain them while red can drain them from a distance constantly and then drain them even mroe when he makes contact with them.

Omega red is like a bad ass version of Morlun.

jinzin
Originally posted by Milky Joe
Regardless of the other factors here, Morlun does have a large strength and speed advantage.

Does he have more strength.. yeah most likely...
Is it an advantage?
I don't see how.. considering people 2 and 3 times as strong as Morlun have been incapible of beating Creed in fights based on brute strength alone..

Speed? Where's his advnatage there? In terms of combat speed, Sabretooth has better feats than he did, he was just persistent.

Proof of strength outside of fights was given when he effortlessly strolled through a steel reinforced concrete wall when Spider-Man was messing around in that nuclear power station.

Sabretooth punched through a steel wall when he wasn't even angry...

Hell Wolverine's punched through steel and concrete walls.. It's proof of decent strength at best.. overwheling? no.

As for speed, well he was right on top of Spider-Man moments after he swung away and landed on the roof of a building a few blocks down the street. Sabretooth would have taken minutes to travel that far then climb an entire building
That's travel speed not fighting speed.

Battlehammer
no he doesent htouhg. he has no speed advantage at all.

Proof of strength outside of fights was given when he effortlessly strolled through a steel reinforced concrete wall when Spider-Man was messing around in that nuclear power station..
and that makes him massivly stronger then sabertooth becuase? Logan has run straight through concrete with out slowing..........

not really. Not to mention that not combat speed. Hulk can run 500 miles per hour but comabt speed wise he only roughly a little faster then a normal human if that..........

lando005
actually i think it was stated some where that hulk's combat speed is on par with spidy's but i would have to check into that

Battlehammer
lol thats never been stated that be rediculous his feats arn even close to spidies

jgiant
Sabertooth is fukin hardcore, u guys see that issue where he killed windigo...common now.

lando005
lol thats never been stated that be rediculous his feats arn even close to spidies i siad i had to check on it but i'm pretty sure i read that from some interview

guy222
http://f.imagehost.org/t/0060/Black_Panther_3_010.jpg http://f.imagehost.org/t/0285/Black_Panther_3_011.jpg http://f.imagehost.org/t/0587/Black_Panther_3_015.jpg

Battlehammer
Sabre-tooth wins and he could easily cut Morlun

Starscream M
Sabre-tooth wins and he could easily cut Morlun this is actually quite a good fight. don't estimate morlun. he FAR stronger than creed. I think Morlun can win, but creed can win too. tough fight.

Parmaniac
Morlun

Healing Factor
http://img109.imageshack.us/img109/2013/bpv506.jpg

Strength
http://img121.imageshack.us/img121/4509/bpv504.jpg

Durability
http://img12.imageshack.us/img12/6333/1bpv505.jpg
http://img35.imageshack.us/img35/263/2bpv505.jpg
http://img35.imageshack.us/img35/263/2bpv505.jpg

I personally don't think Sabs is doin' any better than Wakanda...

jinzin
Why not? Spiderman did, twice... all he needed were some sharp weapons and teeth to rip out Morluns throat..

Funny I seem to recall another character in this fight with those attributes.

Wild Shadow
sabertooth should be able to pawn the classic version of morlun. the one that fought spidey.

the apparently upgraded one might be a little harder but i dont see anything other then the life siphon attack that might put sabe down.

morlun has no other way to win against sabe other then his totem suck crap which may or may not work on sabe.

SamZED
A lot of Morlun abilities are yet to be explained. There's a chance Sabertooth wont even know he's there if Morlun chooses so. He was invisible to everybody except Spider-man when he appeared the second time, even Wolverine couldn't see or smell him. Also im pretty sure the stingers only hurt Morlun 'cause they're magicl. I believe Morlun should win especially if he uses the same kind of power he used on the guy in the comic, but since we know jack about his abilities and how exactly they work im gonna say Sabertooth.

Wild Shadow
sabretooth infra red vision may allow him to see morlun in his stealth invisible mode.. maybe, possibly...confused

SamZED
I dont think he just goes invisible like say Sue, i mean Logan couldnt even smell or hear his heartbeat or movement and he was right next to him.

Wild Shadow
if its magic thats cheating.... miffed especially since logan has sensed mystic forces invisibility b4..

like under cloaks

i call pis!!!! and state prior history should have allowed him to sense him mad

Parmaniac
Why not? Spiderman did, twice... all he needed were some sharp weapons and teeth to rip out Morluns throat..

Funny I seem to recall another character in this fight with those attributes.

I haven't read the "hospital encounter" yet but in the other encounter Spidey was far away from BEATING him he poisoned his on blood with radiation if you want so it was a plot device otherwise Spidey would have gone down extremely hard. He fought him over a complete issue and blew him up with absolute no effect except that his cloths were blown off.

EDIT: It's a big difference between an arena fight and an encounter in a comic

SamZED
Originally posted by Wild Shadow
if its magic thats cheating.... miffed especially since logan has sensed mystic forces invisibility b4..

like under cloaks

i call pis!!!! and state prior history should have allowed him to sense him mad Well, you said it yourself, its magic, the biggest plot device in marvel. There are different kinds of magic, just because Logan can sense one invisibility doesnt mean he'll sense another.

jinzin
Originally posted by Parmaniac
I haven't read the "hospital encounter" yet but in the other encounter Spidey was far away from BEATING him he poisoned his on blood with radiation if you want so it was a plot device otherwise Spidey would have gone down extremely hard. He fought him over a complete issue and blew him up with absolute no effect except that his cloths were blown off.

EDIT: It's a big difference between an arena fight and an encounter in a comic

Yeah an arena fight dictates a h2h encounter between the two is a dead certainty, and since it's now been proven not one not twice but THREE times that Morluns durability doesn't count for crap when it's not against blunt force trauma I don't see how things are gonna end well for him here when he's up against an opponent like Sabretooth. no expression

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.