Your abusers just want your respect?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Czarina_Czarina
Have you ever been in any kind of relationship in which the same person who is abusive is the same one desiring your respect or affirmation?

Devil King
Is this like asking if little boys are mean to little girls on the playground, because they secretly like them?

Zebedee
Originally posted by Devil King
Is this like asking if little boys are mean to little girls on the playground, because they secretly like them?

Exactly like that.

Czarina_Czarina

It doesn't have to be a socially awkward crush in which a person is ashamed that they like/infatuated with a social no-no.

It could be in any situation, parental, teacher, coworker, classmate, friend, spouse, boy or girl friend, etc.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Czarina_Czarina
Have you ever been in any kind of relationship in which the same person who is abusive is the same one desiring your respect or affirmation?

I never get into relationships that are abusive.

Czarina_Czarina
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
I never get into relationships that are abusive.

If it's parental, how is that the child's fault. If it's a boss, how is that the coworker's fault.

Shakyamunison
If it's parental, how is that the child's fault. If it's a boss, how is that the coworker's fault.

If it's a parent? That parent does not deserve respect.

If my boss was being abusive, I would talk to his/her boss and if that didn't work, I would find a new job.

Devil King
If it's parental, how is that the child's fault? If it's a boss, how is that the coworker's fault?

Fault is irrelevent. The more interesting subject is how the person being abused (or liked so much, they're hated) can use this to their own advantage.

Violent2Dope
Have you ever been in any kind of relationship in which the same person who is abusive is the same one desiring your respect or affirmation? You ask alot of weird and random questions.no expression I don't know, I generally don't give a damn what abusers want.

chillmeistergen
The lady doth protest too much.

Czarina_Czarina
Fault is irrelevent. The more interesting subject is how the person being abused (or liked so much, they're hated) can use this to their own advantage.

if a person is liked so much that they are hated, what is that called, jealousy or envy? i don't think our entertainers overcome that issue.

Devil King
What's the difference between jealousy and envy?

what issue?

Violent2Dope
There is no difference, jealousy and envy are one and the same.

Shakyamunison
if a person is liked so much that they are hated, ...

What? confused Can you give me an example?

Czarina_Czarina
What? confused Can you give me an example?

Well, I was expounding on D.K's comment....I've heard people say this before, loving to the point of hate, and I tried to think of how that could happen, and the only two emotions that motivate it is jealousy or envy, but you probably do you have a better way of describing it.

Shakyamunison
Well, I was expounding on D.K's comment....I've heard people say this before, loving to the point of hate, and I tried to think of how that could happen, and the only two emotions that motivate it is jealousy or envy, but you probably do you have a better way of describing it.

Then, in that case, I don't think they know what love or hate is.

Devil King
Well, I was expounding on D.K's comment

It wasn't my comment. It was the basic point of your thread.

Violent2Dope
Maybe they love her, and they suffer because of it, so they in turn also hate the person?

Czarina_Czarina
What's the difference between jealousy and envy?

what issue?

i think envy is an emotion that is motivated when someone doesn't want you to have or IMAGINE more, meaning they will get upset or envious about what you own or think.

i think jealousy is an emotion that is motivated when someone doesn't want you to have whatever it is you own, could be the image/mind or things, they will get jealous over your own THOUGHTS or deeds or possessions.

envy = someone upset that you have or APPEAR to have MORE then them = weight

jealousy = someone not wanting you to have what you own at all = try to create "without"/desolation/destitute

sorry this is so old, here's the old paradox:
remember the Greek paradox about envy and jealousy. both were able to bless each other. they are both people, but one is jealousy and the other is envy. and a genie walks across their path and tells them they can have a wish after crossing into a new world, but the first one in will end up blessing the one behind with double portions. so, they both argue but decide that envy goes in first. envy realizes that jealousy will own twice the amount and decides to pull out one eye. jealousy thinks he's getting double portions, but ends up blind, b/c jealousy was left with double of envy. jealousy blinded by envy.

DARKLORDCAEDUS
I have never been in an abusive relationship. People that do that should be taken out and dealt with.

Shakyamunison
i think envy is an emotion that is motivated when someone doesn't want you to have or IMAGINE more, meaning they will get upset or envious about what you own or think.

i think jealousy is an emotion that is motivated when someone doesn't want you to have whatever it is you own, could be the image/mind or things, they will get jealous over your own THOUGHTS or deeds or possessions.

envy = someone upset that you have or APPEAR to have MORE then them = weight

jealousy = someone not wanting you to have what you own at all = try to create "without"/desolation/destitute

remember the Greek paradox about envy and jealousy. both were able to bless each other. they are both people, but one is jealousy and the other is envy. and a genie walks across their path and tells them they can have a wish after crossing into a new world, but the first one in will end up blessing the one behind with double portions. so, they both argue but decide that envy goes in first. envy realizes that jealousy will own twice the amount and decides to pull out one eye. jealousy thinks he's getting double portions, but ends up blind, b/c jealousy was left with double of envy. jealousy blinded by envy.

You would be interesting to meet in real life. However, it would be a frightening experience. laughing

no expression

Czarina_Czarina
You would be interesting to meet in real life. However, it would be a frightening experience. laughing

no expression

How did you know I'm ugly? mad

Seriously, when I was a kid, and my mom and sis would take pics at the mall, I would be filled with joy, until I saw myself. I would just think UNJUST, what happened here? My mom assured me that I was beautiful, and I repeated that to anyone at school that called me ugly..."my mom said..."

It would be very interesting to meet you as well. smile

(there, that solves the conflict of message boards having a purpose of gathering, which is a bit of a fuss in some circles, from what I read a couple of days ago).

Shakyamunison
How did you know I'm ugly? mad

Seriously, when I was a kid, and my mom and sis would take pics at the mall, I would be filled with joy, until I saw myself. I would just think UNJUST, what happened here? My mom assured me that I was beautiful, and I repeated that to anyone at school that called me ugly..."my mom said..."

It would be very interesting to meet you as well. smile

(there, that solves the conflict of message boards having a purpose of gathering, which is a bit of a fuss in some circles, from what I read a couple of days ago).

I never said you were ugly, just strange. wink laughing

Czarina_Czarina
I never said you were ugly, just strange. wink laughing

Strange...uhm...what on earth could that mean?

Uhm, that adjective doesn't speak for itself, it's not a complete sentence. Strange.

So, I had to search the thesaurus to find possible interpretations for the word "Strange".

deviating

exotic

odd

abnormal

different

foreigner

non-conforming

unrealistic

secret(ive)

There's like 7 pages of possible root interpretations for the word "strange". Strange.

http://thesaurus.reference.com/browse/strange

King Kandy
Removing a Kidney would be a better choice.

Bardock42

Uhm, that adjective doesn't speak for itself, it's not a complete sentence. Strange.

So, I had to search the thesaurus to find possible interpretations for the word "Strange".

deviating

exotic

odd

abnormal

different

foreigner

non-conforming

unrealistic

secret(ive)

There's like 7 pages of possible root interpretations for the word "strange". Strange.

http://thesaurus.reference.com/browse/strange You use dictionaries to find the meaning of words. Thesauruses if you need similar ones.

Imperial_Samura

Are you abusing someone because you want their respect CC? Where is your empathy?

Czarina_Czarina
Originally posted by Imperial_Samura
Are you abusing someone because you want their respect CC? Where is your empathy?

hug who me?

Czarina_Czarina
thesaurus is related to a field of CONCEPTs, if I want to expound on the concept, I will use a thesaurus for it (and dictionary), but mostly a thesaurus, obviously, the angle of "strange" could be seen as different or exotic, the list of words was to show that it really depends on HIS point of view, which he's entitled.

§P0oONY
Have you ever been in any kind of relationship in which the same person who is abusive is the same one desiring your respect or affirmation? How do you explain people abusing babies then?

dadudemon

debbiejo
I've never been in a physically abusive relationship, though I've been in an envious, emotionally passive aggressive one, which is a form of abuse and control.

Strangelove
Have you ever been in any kind of relationship in which the same person who is abusive is the same one desiring your respect or affirmation? seems like a funny way to get that respect ermm

Czarina_Czarina
Originally posted by Strangelove
seems like a funny way to get that respect ermm

It's terrible, but I've seen it happen in various kind of relationships.

Czarina_Czarina
Originally posted by debbiejo
I've never been in a physically abusive relationship, though I've been in an envious, emotionally passive aggressive one, which is a form of abuse and control.

Well, envious..may that would mean that they didn't want you to do better or have "more" in either esteem (private thoughts of yourself) and/or material. Do you feel they were also motived to see you in a state of reduction (of esteem or material) in order to establish a dependency so that they can decide if you are now worthy of gifting back your self worth or material items? I've seen this done to myself and others.

I forgot to add, with the prespective on jealousy "jealousy = someone not wanting you to have what you own at all ", it would make sense why someone can look prettier then you or I, or have a nicer body or more in shape, but at the sametime, may not want that for you. It's odd so see a jealous hearted pretty woman/man but they are out there, and it's always a shock for some to understand this about someone who is so very pretty or celebrated.

Czarina_Czarina
i missed the 15 min timing, may = maybe

Shakyamunison

deviating

exotic

odd

abnormal

different

foreigner

non-conforming

unrealistic

secret(ive)

http://thesaurus.reference.com/browse/strange

It is strange that you don't know the meaning of the word strange.

Czarina_Czarina
It is strange that you don't know the meaning of the word strange.

yeah, talk about totally different. smile

Rogue Jedi
Have you ever been in any kind of relationship in which the same person who is abusive is the same one desiring your respect or affirmation? Don't get me started.

Czarina_Czarina
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
Don't get me started.

i can't get you started, only you can get youself started.

Rogue Jedi
i can't get you started, only you can get youself started. don't make a grown man cryyyyy....

Czarina_Czarina
don't make a grown man cryyyyy....

ok...sorry!

Shakyamunison
ok...sorry!

Are you being abusive? evil face

Rogue Jedi
ok...sorry! Rolling Stones, silly. stick out tongue

Devil King
cOYOExbzv-8

Czarina_Czarina
Are you being abusive? evil face

nope smile

Shakyamunison
nope smile

Then you get no respect. laughing

ADarksideJedi

That is what the abuse person wants you to think.I been around of people who been beat up an d always with the help of police had gottne out of there houses quick.
I would advice people to findout alittle more abot your lover before marrying them.OR moving in or whatever.Terri

Czarina_Czarina
Originally posted by ADarksideJedi
That is what the abuse person wants you to think.I been around of people who been beat up an d always with the help of police had gottne out of there houses quick.
I would advice people to findout alittle more abot your lover before marrying them.OR moving in or whatever.Terri

Yeah, it's not only about a lover, it could be someone who wants to domiante another into a centain culture or race. Remember freedom of association, the constitutional right, well, some don't care about our constitution.

debbiejo
Rolling Stones, silly. stick out tongue Saw them in concert!! drunk

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.