Reiki

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

leonheartmm
to discuss reiki. sceptics, believers, practitionars or just people with a take on it are all invited. personally i find the usui philosophy very helpful. im not much of a practiotioner right now, but im hoping to learn more{a friend of mine is a qualified practitioner though}.

its facinating, and seems to work in some dimension/perspective.

http://www.reikiliving.com/Reiki.htm

http://www.reikiliving.com/

there are different schools though. with different philosophies.

Boris
I recomend you watch The Enemies of Reason, it deals with similar aspects to "Reiki" and other alternative medicines.

DigiMark007
Hmm. From the excerpts I read from the links, it sounds disastrously New Age. But most of it seems centered around forms of meditation (they call if "attunement"wink, which can at least be good for personal well-being.

Also:

A natural healing system and spiritual system, Reiki is very simple to practice. With clear intent and strong pathways, the practitioner becomes the vessel through which Reiki is focused and distributed. Described as feeling warm, soothing and "tingly", a recipient of Reiki will feel measurable heat emanating from the practitioner's hands. This is normal and most often invited.

...I was expermineting the other day with thinking about various body parts. I could get them each to tingle slightly if I focused on them long enough (amusingly enough, my balls were the most responsive), a natural consequence of focus. Try thinking about your own tongue, for example, for about 3 minutes, and tell me it doesn't start feeling weird. Also, the body produces heat. I'd be surprised if I didn't feel heat from someone's hands close to me.

In other words, I'm guessing a lot of Reiki isn't anything beyond stuff like that, though I'll admit I've never encountered it until now so it's hard to say for sure.

debbiejo
Reiki is taught to nurses here and used in many hospitals. It also goes by the name Healing Touch.

Alliance
Reiki laughing

debbiejo
Originally posted by Alliance
Reiki laughing What??? They do. cool

FeceMan
Me reiki this topic.

Basically, reiki is psychic healing, only it has an Asian name, so it's authentic.

inimalist
Originally posted by FeceMan

Basically, reiki is psychic healing, only it has an Asian name, so it's authentic.

laughing laughing

match AND point

debbiejo
It's not psychic healing. It's energy work. roll eyes (sarcastic)

inimalist
Originally posted by debbiejo
It's not psychic healing. It's energy work. roll eyes (sarcastic)

LOL!!!!

oh sorry...

how silly of me not to understand the difference laughing laughing laughing

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.